The skincare industry is experiencing a tectonic shift nowadays, and a major part of it has to do with the rising trend of using toxin-free skincare products. People are switching to safe and gentle skincare products that come free from harmful chemicals and toxins. A subset of this rising trend is specifically seen among people with dry skin as they become aware of glycerin’s positives for their skincare regimens. This hydrating ingredient is safe for regular use too.
Using its skin care products is a safe and gentle way of caring for one’s skin. They are backed by essential and rich ingredients that help you look your absolute best. Switching to glycerin for a skincare routine offers many nourishing benefits, and they are all approved by dermatologists and skincare experts.
Glycerin ranks among the most common and hydrating substances because it is made up of plants or animal fats. It was the go-to skincare remedy for treating dryness before lotions came around. Glycerin skin benefits have thus been for the last two hundred years and have surely made their mark among the masses.
What is Glycerin?
Glycerin is a trihydroxy sugar alcohol. Its name comes from ‘Glycerol.’ It is derived from the Greek word ‘Glykys,’ which means sweet. It is found in all animals and vegetable matter. This sugar-based compound is easily available, inexpensive, and offers long-term benefits. It appears in its natural form as a colorless, odorless, and gel-like liquid with a thick and dense consistency.
Glycerin benefits for skin – As one of the oldest and most effective skincare remedies, it helps treat various common skincare concerns. It can be added to any skincare regimen and may start providing its benefits soon enough. In addition, since it is prepared by the hydrolysis of animal or vegetable fats, it is readily available in all parts of the world. Glycerin on face especially used for treating blemishes. It is a natural humectant that helps retain and enhance the moisture on the top layer of the skin. Its ability to retain moisture in the summer and winter makes it indispensable for people with sensitive skin.
Benefits of Glycerin on Face
This sugar and alcohol-based ingredient perform many functions. It is a highly effective humectant that keeps your skin hydrated for a long time and strengthens its moisture barrier.
Let’s discuss these benefits in detail.
- Offers hydration: As mentioned above, glycerin is an effective humectant. It keeps the skin moisturized by attracting moisture from the surroundings and trapping it into the skin’s upper layers.
Applying this sugary substance to the skin makes it fresh, supple, and hydrated. It pulls the moisture from the lower level of the skin to the upper levels, allowing the skin to moisturize itself.
- Maintains the natural pH balance: Our skin constantly runs various biological and biochemical reactions in its cells. It requires a pH value of less than 5 to do so effectively. Glycerin helps balance the skin’s pH levels by preventing moisture loss in your skin due to environmental factors.
- Protects from pollutants: Glycerin protects the skin from irritants and pollutants. It forms a protective layer of moisture on the skin. It also shields the skin from harsh UVA and UVB rays.
Winters are drier and may cause the natural moisture in your skin cells to evaporate. This makes the skin dry, cracked, and flaky. A moisturizing body lotion (that contains glycerin) will effectively lock in the moisture and keep their skin protected and hydrated.
- Gently exfoliates: Apart from cleansing and moisturizing the skin, Glycerin uses for face helps remove dead skin cells. It also cleanses the skin by breaking excess proteins into smaller molecules. This helps regenerate new cells and makes the skin healthier.
- Combats acne: Glycerin has a thicker consistency. It is quite viscous, thick, oil-free, and non-comedogenic. It thus does not clog the skin pores. It is a perfect moisturizer for oily and acne-prone skin. Using glycerin for skin helps cleanse the acne and ensures its infection doesn’t spread.
- Works as a perfect healing agent: Due to external environmental factors and a sedentary lifestyle, our skin usually gets dry, which gets damaged and cracked. Glycerin contains hydrating and antifungal properties that help soothe dryness and reduce psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
- Slows down signs of aging: As the skin loses moisture, it becomes dry and dull, and this may lead to various visible signs of aging. It may also cause blemishes like pimples, blackheads, fine lines, and wrinkles. By providing extra moisture and tightening skin’s texture, this natural humectant helps eliminate bacterial infections. It also reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Helps reduce tan: Prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful rays may lead to skin tanning. We thus advise you to use glycerin-enriched sunscreen lotions. Applying it regularly will thus help improve your skin’s brightness.
- Heals chapped lips: During winters, our skin becomes drier and chapped. Applying glycerin-enriched skincare products provides deeper moisturization to the lips and the skin.
- Can work with other skincare ingredients: One of the best benefits of glycerin is that you may use it with other ingredients. It may also act as a perfect base to apply other skin care products.
How to Add Glycerin to our Skincare Routine?
With the benefits mentioned above, you must have known the potential of this excellent humectant. You may use glycerin for face by mixing it with other skincare products. We recommend you try it with Rosewater or Vitamin E for the best results.
Let’s see how you can use glycerin in various ways:
- As a Cleanser
Chances are that you may have only noticed glycerin in a moisturizing cream as they feel creamy. But glycerin makes a better face wash too for people with oily skin. Its oil-free and non-comedogenic properties clean the skin without drying it. It also does not clog the skin pores. We thus recommend you opt for our Oil-Free Face Wash. It features Apple Cider Vinegar, Salicylic Acid. Niacinamide, and Citric acid. It helps improve the skin’s appearance by removing excess oil, giving it a healthy glow.
- As a Toner
An amazing benefit of using a Glycerin-based face toner is that it helps tighten the skin’s pores. Using it as a toner can work wonders for your skin. It would help detoxify the skin, reduce acne marks, and restore the skin’s pH balance. You can create a face toner at home by mixing Rosewater and Glycerin.
A better way is to use Mamaearth Rosewater Toner for Face, which is enriched with Witch Hazel and Rose Water. It helps in cleansing the skin effectively and tightens it. We recommend you use it every time you remove your makeup. It will also clean the smaller particles hidden deep in the skin pores.
- As a Moisturizer
One of the more important glycerin uses for skin is deep moisturization. It is a natural humectant that draws in moisture from the air and sends it deeper into the skin so it stays hydrated. If you are suffering from various signs of aging, we recommend you try Mamaearth Bye Blemishes Face Cream, which has Mulberry Extract and Vitamin C back. It doubles up as a face moisturizer that helps reduce melanin deposits and hyperpigmentation, and improve skin tone.
- As a Nourishing Face Mask
Applying a natural and hydrating face mask is the most effective way to deliver essential nutrients to your facial skin. Regularly using a face mask may help you achieve clean and plump skin. You can formulate one by mixing bentonite clay, glycerin, rose water, and any essential oil of your choice.
You can apply Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Mask, which features Vitamin C, Glycerin, Turmeric, and Kaolin Clay. It helps achieve a radiant glow by fading the signs of aging, fighting off dark spots, and reducing melanin production. It also helps removes impurities from the skin.
- As a Face Scrub
Glycerin may also work as a face scrub that exfoliates the skin and helps remove makeup easily. Applying it with water and swiping gently over the facial skin will help you remove any residue or impurities faster.
- As a Face Gel
A glycerin-based face gel helps pamper the skin by providing the hydration it needs. It helps make the skin feel fresh and plump.
How to Use Glycerin for Skin Whitening?
Glycerin exfoliates and moisturizes your skin deeply. In addition, it makes your skin look brighter naturally. It also helps in enhancing the complexion by lightening it. Here are some of the face packs to achieve brighter skin:
- Glycerin and Rose Water
Rosewater has excellent properties that soothe and tone the skin. At the same time, glycerin used for face exfoliates the skin and provides moisturization and hydration to the skin. Mix both ingredients and pour the solution into a spray bottle. Apply the mix to the face using a cotton ball, or spray mist directly onto the face.
- Glycerin and Lemon Juice
Mixing lemon juice with glycerin will help brighten your skin. This face pack mixture contains Vitamin C and will help you lighten dark spots and pigmentation. You should mix both ingredients and pour the solution into a spray bottle. You may then apply the mix to the face using a cotton ball, or spray the mist directly onto the face.
- Glycerin and Cucumber Gel
Cucumber gel has cooling properties that help in soothing irritation, which helps in lightening skin tone and getting rid of dead skin cells. Mixing equal parts of cucumber gel and glycerin diluted in water and applying the blend with cotton will make your skin smooth, supple, and bright.
Precautions and Tips for Glycerin
It is important to follow some preventive tips while using glycerin for routine skin care. Even though this natural humectant is safe for regular use, there are some pointers you could use for a better experience:
- Do not apply it near your eyes as it may burn and sting them. The under-eye area is very soft and can react adversely to its alcohol-based nature. Wash your eyes thoroughly with cold water in case of any encounter.
- Do a patch test before shifting to a glycerin-based skincare regimen. We recommend you conduct a patch test for glycerin and rose water allergies.
- Avoid using it directly on your skin. Mix it with any carrier ingredient.
- Stop using glycerin-based products if you experience discomforts, such as redness, itching, rashes, burning sensation, or swelling.
Using glycerin for skin care can help make your skin softer and supple. This sugar-based compound is an excellent humectant that retains moisture levels, repairs damaged skin, rejuvenates the cells, and combats various skin conditions.
It naturally cleanses and heals the skin cells of toxins. It also treats various skincare issues to promote a healthy texture if used daily.
As Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified Brand, we formulate a wide range of skincare products made of natural ingredients that help you have the best experience every time. We welcome you to explore our amazing range of glycerin-based skincare products online and take your pick!
- How to use glycerin on face?
It is easy to use glycerin on the face. Firstly, rinse your face with cold water. Then put glycerin on a cotton pad or tissue and gently blot your face. Let the glycerin get absorbed properly into your skin in a few minutes. Finally, rinse off the glycerin with water.
- Is glycerin good for skin?
Glycerin is great for the skin because it acts as a humectant, a substance that allows the skin to retain moisture. As a result, it can increase skin hydration, relieve dryness, and refresh the skin's surface.
|Popular Search Terms|
Saffron Benefits for Skin, Fine lines on face, Paraben Free, How to Exfoliate your Skin, Keratin, Frizzy hair, How to Lighten Dark Lips, Dandruff, Dead Skin Cells, Thick Hair, Skin Problems, Hair Problems, Glass skin, Anti Aging, Coffee Benefits for skin, Damaged hair, Dull Skin, Jojoba Oil Benefits, Face Clean Up, Thin hair, Increase Hair Density, Hair Smoothening, Open Pores on face, Skin Care Routine for Oily Skin, Open Pores on face, Blemishes on Face, Deep Conditioning, Hand Sanitizer, Clear Skin, Hair Follicle, How to Regrow Hair on Bald Spot Fast, Crows Feet, Antioxidants, Toner, Smooth Skin, Skin Brightening,