As start-ups across the country continue to boom, we are also witnessing a radical change in our perceptions. One such industry that is witnessing a massive rise is the skincare (or the personal care and beauty) industry. With easy access to new trends, information, and awareness, people have become careful and are shifting to paraben free products.
It takes a careful approach to choose skincare and hair care products amidst a slew of competitive options. Surprisingly, it is easy to get swayed to use just about any skincare product for your skincare regimen. But we still recommend looking for the ingredient list while buying the products. Being careful with the buying decision may keep you safe from the side effects of paraben-based products.
Chemically-enriched Skin Care products may harm you
Skincare, hair care, and beauty products have been loaded with harmful chemicals and preservatives since the 1920s. These harmful additives offer many side effects and thus are a common cause of concern. These harmful ingredients may also hurt the local skin cells and damage several skin functions over time if used regularly.
But the development of newer skincare brands has shown us a way. They are tackling the menace of harmful chemicals and encouraging the use of natural ingredients to promote a healthier lifestyle. Mother Nature has provided us with solutions for bodies and skin, so we should avoid experimenting with harmful products too.
What are Parabens?
Parabens are a specialized class of synthetic chemicals used as preservatives in various cosmetic and pharmaceutical products. They are synthesized from para-hydroxybenzoic acid, which occurs mainly in fruits and vegetables.
From oral care to skincare to hair care, several products such as toothpaste, paraben free body lotions, face washes, makeups, and sunscreens contain these harmful chemicals offered by many brands people trust with their eyes closed. These chemicals hinder bacterial growth.
A lack of awareness of these paraben free products also stops people from switching to a healthier lifestyle. We would thus discuss the advantages of switching to these toxin-free skincare and haircare products in the blog.
Why are Parabens and Sulphates bad for your skin?
Harmful chemicals such as parabens and sulphates are bad because they quickly enter your body through the skin and the dermis. It is difficult to remove them; thus, they may stay in for a long time. Scientists have found traces of parabens in the bodies of humans and mammals.
Prolonged exposure to these toxins can disturb your hormonal balance and minimize the activities of estrogen hormones that will lead to the formation of cancer cells in the body. Let’s look at several reasons they can affect your lifestyle.
- Causes scalp irritations: Prolonged exposure to harmful chemicals such as sodium and parabens are bad for your skin., They may even cause scalp irritation, skin inflammation, and dermatitis. Also, this leads to sensitive skin issues such as eczema and dandruff.
- Causes hair loss: Regular usage of harmful chemicals such as Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) leads to damaging effects on your hair follicles by stripping off the natural oils and proteins. These strong surfactants make the scalp dry and itchy. These harmful chemicals may even cause excessive hair fall.
- Causes hormonal imbalance: Several studies have shown that these chemicals have interfered with decreased menstrual cycle length and increased estrogen levels. This effect is pronounced in teenagers or pregnant women, because this is when hormonal disturbances are most common.
- Premature aging: The harmful effect of parabens on the skin can cause irreparable damage to the skin’s protective barrier. Some harmful toxins like Methylparaben can also affect collagen production and cell regeneration rate. They may also affect lipids, ceramide, and essential fatty acids, and thus their prolonged use could cause even more damage.
- Threat to marine life: Don’t we have beautiful aquatic animals in the sea? But the increasing use of harmful chemicals by humans, knowing or unknowingly, is harming the environment. This affects aquatic life forms too.
- May cause breast cancer: Excessive usage of parabens has reduced the activity of estrogen hormone in the body, leading to cancerous breast cells, which grow and spread, resulting in breast cancer.
What are Paraben free Skin Care Products?
As people slowly become aware of synthetic substances, they are slowly shifting to a safe and gentle option. Paraben free skincare products use natural ingredients or preservatives that do not harm humankind. These products are gentler and more effective on the skin because they do not contain any non-toxic ingredients.
At Mamaearth, we offer a wide range of safe and toxin-free skincare and beauty products to people of all age groups. These products include paraben free shampoos, face washes, body washes, and face creams. None of our products contains harmful additives and is thus safe for regular use.
Benefits of Paraben Free Skin Care Products
If you are wondering if you need to give up your skincare routine, you need not do that. You can switch to these gentle, natural, and toxin-free skincare products (instead of chemically-enriched ones) to avail of the benefits.
- Better health: Human bodies have a natural way of cleansing and removing toxins through the skin pores. These unwanted and harmful chemicals build up unwanted toxins in our skin’s tissues. The paraben free face wash or the body wash does not expose your body to harmful chemicals and removes natural oils from the skin.
- Getting those Healthy and Lustrous Locks: Harmful products containing parabens and sulphates stripe off the scalp’s natural oils that keep hair healthy and moisturized. This leads to scalp irritations and allergies, thus causing hair fall.
Using natural and toxin-free shampoos helps avoid hair concerns. It keeps your scalp safe and & healthy, and provides them with essential nutrients.
- Making skin softer and more radiant: The harmful effects of parabens on the skin cause skin inflammation and allergies. In addition, these harmful chemical preservatives may cause itching, redness, or swollen bumps on the skin.
One should thus opt for natural alternatives such as essential oil treatments, steam treatments, and the application of toxin-free face masks. Following this application with a safe, gentle paraben free face cream would also help.
- Creating a safe and happy environment: Aren’t the dolphins, whales, and fish extraordinary creatures of this habitat?
Regular usage of harmful chemicals such as parabens, sulphates, and phthalates also take a heavy toll on the planet. When we rinse those harmful products off our skin, the water carries the residue of our products into an ample water supply, eventually leading to the ocean. This causes a life-taking risk to marine animals as experts have discovered several hormonal disruptions affecting their overall health.
By opting for safety products such as paraben free moisturizers, we decrease the risk to the environment and animals who rely on them.
- Safe for babies: Babies have soft skin. This harmful chemical may disrupt the moisture, causing them various skin diseases. Paraben free products are natural and safe for babies.
Switch to Sulphate and Paraben free skincare products
If you know the harmful effects of synthetic chemicals infused in your skincare, hair care, or beauty products, we advise you to opt for safe and toxin-free products. Also, we recommend you opt for paraben free beauty products as they do not interfere with normal hormone function and are approved by FDA experts.
Here’s a list of some commonly used parabens and sulphate in skin care products:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphates (SLS)
- Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES)
How to set up a Safe and Paraben Free Hair Care Routine?
We advise you to set up a personalized, toxin-free skincare routine and a hair care routine. Let’s check how you can shift to paraben free based care for your scalp with paraben free hair care products.
Step 1: Apply nourishing hair oil
Applying a natural or toxin-free hair oil helps retain moisture and builds keratin in the hair after washing and shampooing your hair. Gently massage your scalp with oil to help open pores. Leave it for 2-3 hours or overnight.
Try Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil, infused with Onion Seed Oil, Redensyl, Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Bhringraj Oil, and Amla Oil. This paraben free hair growth oil boosts hair growth by making it healthy, reduces hair fall, adds strength and shine, and provides essential nutrients to the scalp that make hair healthier and stronger.
Step 2: Dampen your hair with water
When washing your hair the next day, soak your hair with water completely before applying the shampoo. It is important as it will distribute the best shampoo for hair evenly on your scalp.
Step 3: Apply sulphate-free shampoo
Pump some hair shampoo into your hands, apply it to the hair and evenly distribute it. Select a shampoo without sulphate and paraben, as they do not create lather that harms your hair. Gently massage shampoo into the scalp for 3 minutes. After the massage, leave the shampoo for 2 minutes and rinse.
You may opt for Mamaearth’s Onion Shampoo. Enriched by onions and plant keratin, it ranks among the best sulphate- and paraben free shampoos in India. It helps reduce frequent and excessive hair fall and helps reverse the harmful effects of free radicals. It works best with our Onion Conditioner, especially for people who are facing hair breakage and weakened follicles.
Step 4: Pampering the scalp is important too
Just like we pamper and protect our skin with paraben free sunscreen, hair and scalp also require intense nourishment that promotes healthy hair growth. After cleansing your hair and scalp, you can provide some intense nourishment to the scalp with the help of a sulphate-free hair mask.
First, massage and spread it evenly, and keep it overnight for the best hydration. Wash out the mask in the morning. It will help reduce frizz, seal moisture in your hair cuticles, and keep the strands moisturized.
Try Mamaearth Onion Hair Mask, enriched with Onion Oil, Organic Bamboo Vinegar, Coconut Oil, and Rosemary Oil. It will help reduce hair fall, repair damaged hair, and make them thick and strong.
Step 5: Condition your hair
Step up your hair care routine with a plant-based toxin-free hair conditioner after the shampoo if you have long hair. This will preserve the moisture in hair after shampoo and binds the hair cuticle. Gently massage the conditioner into the scalp, leave for 2-3 minutes, and then rinse.
We advise you to opt for Mamaearth Onion Conditioner, which reduces hair fall, detangles hair, and softens the hair. It is enriched with the time-tested goodness of Onion, Coconut extracts, and Almond oil.
Step 6: Protect your hair
Harmful effects on the environment and heat styling tools take a heavy toll on your scalp and hair. The perfect way to protect your hair is to apply the hair serum on fresh, washed, and damp hair. Begin applying with the ends of your hair and work your way towards the middle sections of your hair.
Using pure and earth-friendly products is only the way we sustain the future for our forthcomings and lead a healthy life. Shifting to a toxin-free skincare and haircare routine could be just the welcome change you would be longing for.
We welcome you to try our skincare and haircare products today. Made of natural and toxin-free ingredients, they are safe for regular use for people of all age groups. We are Asia’s first MadeSafe Certified Brand and make a wide range of products with natural ingredients.
- Is paraben good for the skin?
No, paraben is not suitable for the skin or hair. It disrupts hormones in the body, harms the skin’s sensitive pH, reduces its moisture barrier, causes many skincare issues, and may even increase the rise of cancer. It is best to use paraben free skincare and haircare products.
- What are paraben and its side effects?
Parabens are a class of synthetic chemicals used as preservatives in various cosmetic and pharmaceutical products. They are used to enhance the efficacy and shelf-life of the products. They result in harmful side effects such as Cancer-related problems, skin concerns, affect reproductive health, and promote hair loss, hormonal imbalance, and premature aging.
|Popular Search Terms|
Blackheads and Whiteheads, Uneven Skin Tones, Ashwagandha Benefits, Neem benefits, Hair Care Tips, Best Oil for baby Massage, Serum, Sunscreen, How to remove dark circles, how to remove tan, Skin Care Tips, Arrowroot Powder, Citronella Oil, Coconut Milk Benefits, Acne Marks Vs Acne Scars, Hibiscus Uses, Double Cleansing, Sulphate and Paraben Free Shampoo, Green Tea Benefits for Skin, Cucumber Benefits for skin, Conditioner, Perfume, Deodorants, Serum, Sunscreen, Scrub, Honey Benefits for skin, Shikakai Benefits for Hair, Wrinkles on face, Strawberry Benefits for Skin, Saffron Benefits for Skin, Fine lines on face,