Returning from a hair salon often feels similar to returning from a movie theater after watching a superhero movie. It all feels too dreamy and awesome, and we think we would stay thus forever. The following day we wake up and find that our hair isn’t somehow as good as it was the day before. It feels worse if you naturally have thin hair or if you are facing excessive thinning for any reason.
Hair care battles are real and they do not relate to your hair type or texture. Good hair days are often exceedingly rare for people facing the worst of these issues. They spend most of their time wondering if they can be grateful to God or if they have to do away with their issues first up. (People with thin hair long usually fall in the second bracket though). This is why experts advise opting for a personalized haircare routine to keep the hair in top shape, even in the face of such impossible odds. We believe that while maintaining a time-based routine is hard, feeling accountable for oneself makes it a bit easier.
Boosts Hair Growth | Strengthens & Balances Scalp
How to know if you have long thin hair men? Well, it’s simple. If you see a section or visible sections of your scalp while styling your hair, then your hair is thinner than the average count. The trouble is that most people either disregard it or play it down. You may note that thinning hairs is only unhealthy if you otherwise have thick or dense hairs. But they will still need some hard work if you face receding hairlines.
Causes of Thin Hair
Until two decades ago, the occurrence of thin long hair men was mainly seen in older women who were past their fifties. However, in today’s fast-paced times, issues like weaker roots and damaged follicles are becoming increasingly common. These experiences are not just limited to women alone- for you would also find facing issues related to men thin hair.
Let’s take a look at the reasons for thinning hair:
- Pull-back hairstyles: Cornrows or ponytails, we know the fascination. But if you are worried about your scalp with fewer hair strands left, you should try something else. Braids and other styles that pull on your scalp also hurt blood circulation and thus cause the hair roots to become loose. You can try to let your hair flow naturally or switch alternate hairstyles every 2-3 months.
- Poor diet: The food you eat also helps in nourishing your scalp and hair. If your daily intake of food includes too many fried foods, oily dishes, or junk food is what you binge on, it won’t sit nicely with your hair roots. It would help if you went for protein-rich foods like eggs, fish, spinach, and leafy green vegetables to improve your gut and hair health.
- Smoking: Taking a few puffs each day isn’t just unhealthy for your lungs and liver, it adversely affects your hairline too. Smoking or its addiction causes hair loss problems and weakens your hair follicles. So, if you want a reason to quit, take this as the starting point!
- Stress: You may not know this but stress does affect your hair. Sometimes, living a stressful life and not taking breaks could lead to severe hair loss problems. Thinning of hairs is just an aspect of it.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Are you a new mommy? Have you just entered adulthood? Significant hormonal changes within your body can also factor in having thin hair.
- Genetics: As tricky as your DNA can be, thin hair issues can also be hereditary. If your paternal or maternal family has had frequent hair loss troubles, you can have them too.
Women can have both long and thin hair. You might see older women or even those in their mid-thirties having this hair texture and type. Nothing is scarier than the pattern baldness in females and is not something to be taken lightly. But these issues may still be reduced with a well-oiled plan and haircare regimen.
NoteThe issues related to thin and long hair in men are often not that easy to detect. This is why they should be cautious about their hair care routines.
Thin Hair: Busting some commonly believed Myths
- Myth: You should wash your hair every day
One of the most common myths you might also hear from your grandparents. However, the fact is, washing your hair excessively can lead to dryness and loss of its natural oils that are helpful in hair growth. But washing your hair does not necessarily lead to its thinning. Though not entirely, following a good hair routine is undoubtedly a solution for thin hair.
- Myth: Aging is the sole reason for hair thinning
Aging is one of the many reasons you face these hair troubles, but it is not the only factor that counts. You can be fifty and have denser hair, while someone could be in their twenties and still have thinner hair. When we compare thin hair to thick hair, the least we can do is create a leveled foundation for an equal comparison.
- Myth: Solving one of the causes eliminates the problem itself
Your sleep patterns may be affected if you eat a lot of junk food and have higher stress levels. This is sure to hurt your hair care plans and results too. We suggest correcting these two issues before you opt for a treatment for your thinning hair.
- Myth: It does not affect women
Research shows that almost forty percent of women face hair problems like thin hair. Women are said to be gifted with many beautiful features but have their adversities too. Issues like female pattern baldness, hair fall, and thin hair (be it long or short) – are some common among women.
- Myth: If your mother has a thin hairline, so will you
Understanding DNA and genetics are not everyone’s cup of tea. This is why you would find many people blaming their maternal lineage for their thinning hairs or receding hairlines. But the fact is, you can acquire your dad’s hairline pattern as well.
Your genes are considered a significant factor in determining the most straightforward solutions for your hair repair. But it doesn’t necessarily need to be your mother’s- it can also be from your paternal family.
Mamaearth Products for Thin Hair and Damage Repair
The comparison of thin hair vs thick hair is easy to define and understand. Our safe, gentle, and toxin-free hair care products can help you put an end to hair thinning woes. We will now list the products that can help you achieve your hair goals with gentle and natural care:
- Mamaearth Hair Fall Control Kit: Who doesn’t want beautiful and healthy hair to flaunt all day long? Mamaearth Hair Fall Control Kit comes with the right blend of nature and technology to deliver them to your doorstep. This kit consists of three products, namely:
- Mamaearth Onion Shampoo: Take your cleansing routine seriously and witness the magic of nature within. Mamaearth Onion Hair Shampoo is what you need to combat your thin hair worries. It is made with the enriching goodness of Onion Seed Oil, Plant Keratin, and Redensyl.
Onion seed oil helps strengthen your hair follicles and increases blood circulation, leading to healthy hair growth. Redensyl helps boost hair density, giving a nice bounce to your mane. Voted as the best shampoo for thin hair, it gives you silky, smooth hair with every application!
- Mamaearth Onion Conditioner: The next step in any effective hair care routine is to condition your hair deeply. Conditioning is a procedure that helps in retaining moisture naturally within the hair tips to avoid split ends. Mamaearth Onion Hair Conditioner has Plant Keratin Extract that shields your hair from the external environment and adds a natural luster to your tresses.
NoteIf you are pursuing thin hair smoothening treatments, this conditioner will help you get the experience without spending too much at the salon!
- Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil: Our hair growth oil comes with the naturally nourishing properties of Coconut Oil, Onion Seed Oil, and Sweet Almond Oil to make your hair happy, healthy, and nourished. It also helps provide your hair with Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin E, Magnesium, and other essential vitamins and minerals required for good health.
It also helps promote good scalp health by penetrating deep into the hair roots and providing them with adequate moisture. We recommend massaging the scalp with this hair oil to reduce hair fall.
- Mamaearth Onion Hair Serum: Can’t dream of having frizzy hair and hair thinning woes? We’ve got you covered with Mamaearth Onion Hair Serum. It features Onion Seed Oil, Olive Oil, and Biotin that nourish your hair from the roots and make them resilient to seasonal changes.
They help strengthen your hair follicles and protect your hair from free radicals. In addition, it helps in adding a protective layer to your strands and gives them a natural shine. A few drops can naturally give you soft, shiny, detangled, and frizz-free hair!
- Mamaearth Onion Hair Mask: One of the lesser-known techniques of restoring nutrients to your tresses is masking. Mamaearth Onion Hair Mask gives your hair adequate hydration, nutrition, and nourishment required to beat hair thinning troubles thoroughly.
The Organic Bamboo Vinegar helps kill bacteria and add a natural shine to your hair, while Rosemary Oil extract helps strengthen your hair and prevent premature graying. Try this therapy once a week following the above hair care routine, and the magic you will witness will be worth remembering!
Mamaearth Onion Range is one of the bestselling hair care products that have helped people cure their hair growth issues. These safe and gentle hair care products will also help you address other major concerns like excessive hair fall and premature graying. These products are also safe for regular use because they contain natural and toxin-free ingredients.
Here are two common scenarios that you could identify yourself with:
- “My hair is very thin.”
- “My hair is so thin I can see my scalp.”
We recommend following a haircare expert’s advice in these two situations. Such issues may result from receding hairlines, but they still warrant immediate attention. Some experts may even advise making significant dietary changes regarding nutrition and nourishment. Monitoring one’s stress levels and sleep patterns also goes a long way in resolving such issues.
Thin hair problems can make life troublesome for both men and women. If you have a busy lifestyle where self-care is the last option, you might have to face the music. Hair care products by Mamaearth can help you have an easier journey towards healing. You can make those results permanent by making smart changes to your routine. So take one day at a time to give your mane a chance. After all, it’s the crown you never take off.
- Can thin hair become thick again?
If you have had thick and healthy hair in the past, chances are it can be recovered. However, it takes time, patience, and some healthy alterations in your daily routine. It would help to take a more nutritious diet, stay hydrated, and use toxin-free and nourishing hair care products. Consulting a haircare expert would be advisable.
- Why is my hair so thin?
Hair thinning can happen due to a variety of factors – it could be your genetics, stress levels, food habits, or a poor hair care routine. If your food intake is mainly oily and fried foods, and you do not rest yourself for at least 6-8 hours a day, they can become significant reasons for your thin hair problems.
- How to know if your hair is thin or thick?
You have thin hair when styling your hair and can see your scalp from one section or in multiple sections. Similarly, you have thick hair if you can barely see your scalp, irrespective of your hairstyle.
- What causes thin hair?
Thin hair can be a result of poor diet, incurring or going through a significant hormonal change, stressful lifestyle, addiction to unhealthy habits like smoking, or it could just be genetic too.
|Popular Search Terms|
Acne Marks Vs Acne Scars, Hibiscus Uses, Double Cleansing, Sulphate and Paraben Free Shampoo, Green Tea Benefits for Skin, Cucumber Benefits for skin, Conditioner, Perfume, Deodorants, Serum, Sunscreen, Scrub, Honey Benefits for skin, Shikakai Benefits for Hair, Wrinkles on face, Strawberry Benefits for Skin, Saffron Benefits for Skin, Fine lines on face, Paraben Free, How to Exfoliate your Skin, Keratin, Frizzy hair, How to Lighten Dark Lips, Dandruff, Dead Skin Cells, Thick Hair, Skin Problems, Hair Problems, Glass skin, Anti Aging, Coffee Benefits for skin, Damaged hair, Dull Skin, Jojoba Oil Benefits,