We live in a post-pandemic era where working from home, wearing masks, and maintaining social distance are the norms. These difficult times have us reminiscing about our childhood when we had to wash our hands before and after eating or going to bed. As a healthy practice, it removes the bacteria and germs in our hands. The times have changed a lot, though the underlying principles have not. We can follow our habit of washing hands in a hassle-free manner using a hand sanitizer.
What is Hand Sanitizer?
A hand sanitizer is a gel-based, watery, or foamy liquid meant to kill harmful bacteria, viruses, or microorganisms in the hands. It can be odorless or have a mild fragrance, but the most effective ones usually have a pungent smell. They also are transparent in appearance and thicker in consistency.
Whenever we are out to buy skin care products like a body wash or even a body scrub, we have certain factors in mind before making our selection. This process makes it easier for us to make the best decision. So let’s take a look at some significant features to keep in mind before picking the best sanitizer for ourselves:
Features of Hand Sanitizer
- Percentage of Alcohol: There is a reason alcohol is a primary ingredient in manufacturing a sanitizer. When purchasing one, look for the measure of alcohol present in it. There should be at least sixty percent alcohol for qualifying as an effective hand sanitizer. With more content, the better the delivered results.
However, there are also significant downsides of adding alcohol to a sanitizer. It could dry out the skin and make it darker. It is also better suited for hospital workers because they have a higher risk of contracting an infection.
- Specific properties: You may have the best sanitizer in India, but the results may not be as effective as you had wanted. To avoid disappointment, you should check that it has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Sometimes, we come in contact with certain viruses or bacteria that are not effectively removed from our hands. This may happen if one of the properties described above is missing.
- Skin suitability: You already know what your skin type is. From buying a body lotion to hand cream, you keep a check on everything to assure yourself you have the best for your skin. These little checks will help you a lot when shopping for a toxin-free sanitizer- they will also ensure it is skin-friendly and beneficial to you.
- Storage safety: You must read the caution or disclaimer section on the product label very carefully before investing your money in a sanitizer. If it makes it complicated for you to store, you may spend on something that adds difficulty to your daily schedule.
- Handy and easy to carry around: Most hand sanitizers come in small handheld bottles or sachets. This helps us take it with us in easy to carry around and use in a quick time.
Uses of Hand Sanitizer
Hand sanitizer uses can yet be purposeful. Now that you know the prerequisites for buying this gel-based liquid, you must also know its uses to prevent misuse. Awareness can take you one step ahead.
These alcohol-based cleansers can be used right after you visit a sick person. It can also be used when you blow your nose, sneeze, or cough but have no resources to wash your hands with soap and water. A sanitizer with a higher percentage of alcohol works well for killing germs and viruses (and is thus better suited for doctors). However, it is ineffective against pesticides, harmful and hazardous chemicals, metallic textures like lead, etc.
When you wash your hands, the effect of these substances can be reduced to a considerable extent. Sanitizers are used in first aid kits, injection-giving prerequisites, etc. They help people in an emergency stay safe and free from infections.
Benefits of Hand Sanitizer
Among several available hand sanitizer benefits, while using a sanitizer. Let’s list them all here and discuss each of them in detail:
1. Cleans hands gently
The best thing is that it cleans our hands’ impurities without fuss. These gel-based cleansers can kill 99.99% of germs on your hand. Since it is formulated in a way that kills germs, it does justice to that part. They keep you cleaner and germ-free, whether cooking, cleaning, or any other chores that need your undivided attention.
2. Ease of portability
Say yes to easy and hygienic environments with sanitizers. They are primarily packaged in a medium-size spray bottle, making them easy to carry anywhere and everywhere. You can travel safer – be it a road trip or the best flight you can take, it is always an excellent choice to have it on board.
3. Assures group safety
We may have learned to work together in a cohesive environment while surviving a pandemic. However, some extra safety does not harm anyone. For example, keeping a sanitizer handy when working with a team, partying with a group, or even having a family get-together gives a safety assurance to everyone around you.
4. Lower risk of illness
If you use an alcohol-based sanitizer, the risk of falling sick decreases significantly. These easy-to-use cleansers kill germs, bacteria, and other harmful microorganisms that may have otherwise hurt your health and wellness quotient. So when it comes to falling sick, isn’t it better to take a low risk than suffer later?
Side Effects of Hand Sanitizer
The benefits of using a sanitizer are recognizable, and so are the side effects. Please find ahead some cautions and concerns to help make a better decision:
- It can’t cut through too much oil on your hands: Most gel-based sanitizers are effective in their ways, but they have their limitations. One significant disadvantage is that they cannot work on dirt and dust, especially if they are coupled with grease. So if you are thinking of escaping washing hands altogether because you have this cleanser, you might have to think twice.
- Check the alcohol level: You cannot be carefree when selecting the perfect product for yourself. You can’t pick one because you like its color or fragrance or even because it doesn’t pinch your pocket.
You need to look at the alcohol level listed in the ingredients to check whether it is effective or not. For example, any sanitizer with less than sixty percent alcohol wouldn’t work efficiently towards killing germs.
- Makes the skin drier: Sanitizers with a higher percentage of alcohol remove germs more effectively, but they also remove moisture from your skin cells. As a result, they make the skin drier and darker than the rest of your body.
- Can trigger eczema: Eczema is said to be a skin condition where your skin becomes dry and itchy. It gives red or discolored patches on your skin, making it look uneven and unpleasant to look at. In addition, overusing these sanitizers can make your skin vulnerable and trigger a breakout.
- It is troublesome to swallow: There is a reason the pack will say – “Keep out of reach from children” This warning stands true for adults too. The high amounts of alcohol and other cleansing agents in its composition make it unfit for oral consumption. Thus, one should keep it out of reach of young children, especially babies.
- Dangerous for your eyes: Your eyes are undoubtedly one of the most important sensory organs in your body. If they come in contact with a sanitizer, washing them thoroughly with water is immediately necessary. The alcohol in the sanitizer can cause chemical burns in your eyes that may result in temporary loss of vision or blindness, severe itching, or pain.
Presenting Mamaearth Hand Sanitizer for Killing Germs
Get maximum protection from germs and harmful viruses with the goodness of nature. Our hand sanitizer is a gentle and effective product that keeps your hands soft and protected from dust and grime. It also protects against germs, bacteria, and viruses that may hurt you.
Here is why else you should go with it:
- Nature-powered ingredients: Mother Nature knows what is best for us. Our Hand Sanitizer comes with the nourishing qualities of Neem, Glycerin, and Lime. Combined with natural and assured protection, it features key ingredients that make this sanitizer a worthy purchase!
- Certifications: They say, “Place your bet only when the aces are in your favor,” and we couldn’t agree more. Mamaearth Hand Sanitizer is an example of a lifelong commitment to nature.
At Mamaearth, we care for you more than you care for yourself. All our products are natural, dermatologically tested, cruelty-free, and free from harmful chemicals and toxins that can adversely affect your skin’s health.
- USPs: Our sanitizer has the enriching goodness of Neem extract – a natural ingredient known for its excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties. It provides a natural shield from germs to keep your hands clean.
It also contains Glycerin that helps prevent your skin from becoming dry and itchy. It helps in retaining moisture within your skin cells. The presence of Lime Extracts provides Vitamin C that nourishes and refreshes your skin.
How to Use Hand Sanitizer?
Using a sanitizer is easy. Here is the simple set of instructions you may follow to use one:
Step 1: Take an adequate amount of hand sanitizer on your palm
Step 2: Rub your hands together and between your fingers until they are completely dry.
Step 3: Repeat usage as and when needed.
TipWe recommend you wash your hands with soap and water before using a sanitizer as it helps better and more effective protection.
Hand sanitizer – liquid, foamy, or gel in texture, is meant for your assured protection from harmful bacteria, viruses, and microorganisms. These days, we live in a world where maintaining sanitization is essential for survival. While there are amazing benefits of using a hand sanitizer, it also has a list of concerns that cannot be ignored.
Mamaearth Hand Sanitizer is different. Made of natural and toxin-free ingredients, it is designed to kill germs and provide safe care to your skin. It is reasonably priced, comes in a medium-sized bottle that can be easily carried while traveling, and is sufficient in quantity. It is equally effective for people of all age groups over fifteen.
Let’s enjoy cleanliness with a bit of goodness inside, shall we?
- What is Hand sanitizer?
A liquid or gel-like substance created to kill harmful bacteria, viruses, and microorganisms is known as a hand sanitizer. It can be alcohol-based or alcohol-free. These days, they come in fancy bottles and various varieties, but the most effective ones will need to have a qualifier alcohol level of sixty percent or more.
- What are benefits of hand sanitizer?
A hand sanitizer assures your safety from harmful diseases in the simplest way. It usually comes in medium-sized or pocket-sized bottles that make it convenient to continue a trip, lower the risk of illnesses, and promise safety when socializing with a group.
- How to use hand sanitizer?
Here’s how to use a hand sanitizer: Take some hand sanitizer on your palm. Rub your hands together and between your fingers until they are completely dry. Repeat usage as and when needed. We recommend washing your hands with soap and water before using a sanitizer for more effective protection.
- Which is better: hand sanitizer or hand washing?
If you have adequate time and resources, we recommend hand washing as a better idea. Washing your hands with soap and water helps in washing away the germs from your hands. Using a hand sanitizer kills the germs on your palms, but it won’t necessarily remove them.
- Is hand sanitizer effective?
Hand sanitizers with an alcohol content of up to sixty percent are found to effectively kill germs and viruses compared to alcohol-free ones or those without alcohol.
|Popular Search Terms|
Serum, Sunscreen, Scrub, Honey Benefits for skin, Shikakai Benefits for Hair, Wrinkles on face, Strawberry Benefits for Skin, Saffron Benefits for Skin, Fine lines on face, Paraben Free, How to Exfoliate your Skin, Keratin, Frizzy hair, How to Lighten Dark Lips, Dandruff, Dead Skin Cells, Thick Hair, Skin Problems, Hair Problems, Glass skin, Anti Aging, Coffee Benefits for skin, Damaged hair, Dull Skin, Jojoba Oil Benefits, Face Clean Up, Thin hair, Increase Hair Density, Hair Smoothening, Open Pores on face, Skin Care Routine for Oily Skin, Open Pores on face, Blemishes on Face, Deep Conditioning,