‘Squeaky clean’ is a term that we often hear when it comes to cleansing our skin and face. We imagine someone with near-perfect, super clean, dirt-free, and glowing skin. But are we doing justice to our skin and facial skin? Are we following a proper face clean up routine using toxin-free skincare products? Failing to do so would not help us have the best results, no matter how effective our regimen is.
Washing one’s face may seem easy, but it is important to follow it properly. Our facial skin is exposed to various environmental factors such as the sun’s harmful UV rays, pollution, dust, dirt, and dirt throughout the day. These elements settle on the outermost layer of our skin and can damage the deeper layers if not cleansed away.
Is Face Cleansing Important?
People with sensitive skin often experience that their skin is peeling or developing acne. Pampering your skin with a relaxing facial spa can do much good to your skin. But with tight and hectic schedules, we rarely get the time for ourselves.
We thus recommend knowing the logic behind following even the simplest of face cleansing steps in any skincare regime. Its absence could lead to clogged pores, the main reason for various skin care concerns like blackheads and whiteheads. At the very least, it could make your facial appearance dull and unattractive.
What is Face Clean Up?
A face cleansing is a process or skincare regimen that remove dirt from face. It helps eliminate all the dirt, dead skin cells, excess oil, and sebum that gets collected on the top layers of the skin and clogs the skin pores. Regular cleansing of your face keeps the bacteria away, thus helping your skin stay cleaner, fresher, healthier, and more radiant.
This process works best with other supporting skin care activities. These include toning and moisturizing, but you should do these steps only after considering your skin type first. For example, people with oily skin should use an oil-free moisturizer and those with dry skin should go with a deep moisturizer.
How is Face Clean Up different from regular facials?
There are many differences between a face clean up session and a facial, even if you are not doing them in a salon. These processes involve a careful analysis of one’s skin type and lifestyle preferences to get the best results. Both help remove blemishes from the facial skin but a facial would also involve a gentle massage.
- Treatment: Face clean up is a process that helps reduce excessive oiliness and skin pores. Cleaning the face thus allows easier absorption of all other products such as toner, serum, face masks, and moisturizers.
A facial treatment is a type of beauty that involves several such as collagen facial, de-tan facial, and facial for oily skin based on skin type and issue. Facial treatment is one of the best ways to nourish and pamper the skin because it deep cleanses and provides all the essential nutrients. This results in younger-looking and rejuvenated skin.
- Types of processes: Face cleansing also involves deep cleansing, exfoliating, steaming the face, and removing all blackheads and whiteheads. Facial cleansing involves physical or chemical exfoliation, facial masks, facial peels, and massages.
- Cost: Face clean up is a less expensive option as compared to facial treatments. Facial treatments are performed by professionals at the salon, whereas anyone can perform face clean up without going to the salon.
- Products: Both treatments require products based on your skin type and what you aim to achieve for your skin. We advise you to opt for a brand that offers products enriched with natural and toxin-free ingredients.
- Time: The cleansing process of the face does not require much time compared to facials.
Benefits of Face Clean Up at Home
Chances are that you might be reading this article and wondering, “Why has cleansing your face regularly become so important a part of our lives suddenly?” Well, this change hasn’t happened now, it was there for quite a long time. So here’s how you can follow it for yourself:
- Unclogging pores: Several environmental factors such as impurities, dirt, UV rays, dead skin cells, and bacteria may clog the outermost layer of the skin. Left untreated, they may lead to acne, pimples, wrinkles, and even premature aging. Too much toxic build-up could make it difficult for skincare products to work effectively.
It is thus better to follow a personalized face skin cleansing routine with a hydrating natural face wash. You may try our Vitamin C Face Wash that helps remove the dirt from the face and gives you a brighter and fresher appearance. Try our charcoal range for clear and clean skin.
- Promotes hydration skin: Regular facial cleaning helps promote your facial skin’s health by allowing the proper hydration level. In addition, unclogging the skin pores allows penetration of other skincare products. One may thus use toners, serums, face masks, and moisturizers to keep skin smoother and suppler.
- Encourages collagen production: Massaging your face with an effective foaming face wash removes the unnecessary build-up on the face. In addition, it allows other products to promote healthy skin by encouraging blood circulation. This also promotes collagen production, leaving the skin healthy and glowing for a more extended period.
- Soothes inflammation: An effective cleaning face dirt cleaner helps to reduce inflammation and heals itchiness and redness on the skin. In addition, it is best to use skincare products made of natural skincare ingredients that reduce inflammation.
You can also try salicylic acid face wash for acne, pimples and remove excess oil.
A Perfect Skincare Regimen for Face Clean Up at Home
Like the skin care regimen process targets removing unwanted debris, the face clean up process helps you achieve healthy and hydrated skin differently. Let’s explore the steps in cleansing face.
- Beginning with a Clean Skin: This is a 2-step process that involves:
A. Removal of unwanted debris on the skin and deep inside the skin
Rub an oil-based cream or cleansing oil all over your face as it mixes with the skin’s natural oils and dissolves makeup particles and dust stuck in skin pores. Take a cotton pad, dip it in water, and clean the skin. Finally, wipe your face with the wet cotton pad.
B. Cleansing your facial skin to begin a skincare regimen with clean skin
The first step to washing face begins with selecting a gentle face wash. It would help avoid the build-up of dirt, dead skin cells, and excess sebum. These irritants may cause acne and skin breakouts if left untreated. This process is also known as double-cleansing, as a cleanser may not be able to remove makeup and dirt particles from your face.
You can opt for our toxin-free face washes such as Mamaearth’s Charcoal Face Wash, Ubtan Foaming Face Wash, and Vitamin C Face Wash. They target different skin care concerns and help the skin be healthier and more radiant.
- Exfoliating the skin: This process gives your skin a new life to the skin as it deep cleanses your skin and promotes the growth of healthy skin cells. Scrubbing with a toxin-free gentle face wash scrub removes tanning and dead skin cells. It also helps unclog pores and brightens skin.
You can opt for a gentle and natural face scrub such as Mamaearth Tea Tree Face Scrub. It would also make your skin cleaner and clearer skin by gently exfoliating it and removing the blemishes.
- Steaming: Steaming is an age-old remedy that helps clean up the face by removing any dullness from your face. It is a perfect face dust cleaner that removes harmful toxins, dead layers, whiteheads, and blackheads.
It also helps soften the skin by opening the pores, which makes absorption of other products more manageable. Do not forget to add essential oils such as lavender oil, peppermint oil, and sandalwood oil to the bucket filled with warm water.
- Use a face mask: Cleansing your face is incomplete without applying a face mask to your skin. It is highly beneficial for your skin as it contains the hydrating elements or nutrients that nourish the skin, lending it a brighter glow.
You can use a homemade face mask or get a ready-made natural face mask such as ours. We have various masks such as Mamaearth Ubtan Face Mask, Mamaearth C3 Face Mask, and Mamaearth Ubtan Bamboo Sheet Mask that help resolve many skin care concerns.
- Achieve an even toned skin: An effective face toner would open the pores, remove unwanted skin cells, balance your skin’s pH levels, and tighten the pores. In addition, it would also keep the skin cells adequately hydrated.
- Moisturization: After the face clean up routine, apply a hydrating face moisturizer as it helps lock the moisture in all the other layers of the skin. It attracts moisture from the environment and retains it inside the skin, thus keeping it soft and hydrated.
In the morning, apply the lightweight and oil-free face moisturizer that contains SPF. During the night, opt for the face cream that will help you heal damaged skin, brighten the skin, and provides a natural glow.
- Do not forget mid-day massage: Do you have dry skin? If yes, do give your skin an intense boost of hydration with a natural face gel. It helps nourish the skin, hydrates it, and promises a youthful glow.
Facial Clean Up: Dos and Don’ts You Need to Follow
- Drink three to six liters of water every day: Apart from hydrating your skin with a moisturizer, you should keep your body hydrated. Keeping your body hydrated with water, juices, and other fluids allows the glow to stay a little longer.
- Use fresh towels and change your pillow covers: Opt for fresh towels and change your pillow covers before going to bed, as any bacteria that touches your face can slide through open pores and block it, resulting in various signs of aging.
- Do not over-exfoliate: Avoid scrubbing your face daily, as it can eradicate its protective layer. Instead, you can exfoliate two times a week.
- Avoid the harmful UV rays of the Sun: UV rays can damage your skin carrier. So, avoid going out when the sun is at its highest. Also, opt for a face moisturizer that contains broad-spectrum SPF.
- Do not pop pimples: Avoid touching or popping pimples, acne, whiteheads, or blackheads. This can cause scars, breakouts, and inflammation.
- Avoid wearing makeup immediately: Your skin has undergone a deep face clean up session. It would now be better to give it time and space to breathe freely before you apply makeup. The open pores will get closed, avoiding trapping makeup residue in the skin layers.
Face clean up is the first step to maintaining your skin’s natural state. Avoiding it will lead to the development of some severe skin concerns. The dirty, oily, and aged skin is something that no one would want. While applying other skincare products is equally essential to maintaining a happy & healthy skincare regimen, practicing proper cleansing is what you need to be an expert at.
It is also important to choose a brand that offers safe, gentle, and toxin-free skincare products that are made of natural ingredients. At Mamaearth, we create those skincare products that help you look more beautiful and radiant. Check out our tea tree products review and the range full of natural benefits and even go for water based skin products range to treat dry skin.
We are Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified Brand and all our products come certified by the FDA. We recycle more plastic than we use, and thus help reduce the carbon footprint.
- How to clean your face at home?
Here are the six effective steps to help you clean your face at home. First, clean your face with an effective face cleanser to eliminate toxins and pollutants. Then conduct steaming, and exfoliate your face with a face scrub. After this, nourish your skin with a face pack. You should then balance the skin’s pH levels and lock in the moisture with a face moisturizer with SPF.
- Is clean up good for the face?
Face clean up is extremely important to maintain a healthy and glowing complexion. A regular clean up will help eliminate dead skin cells, debris, dirt, excess oil, and sweat. Moreover, it will keep the skin hydrated for a long time.
|Popular Search Terms|
how to remove dark circles, black spots on face, salicylic acid for skin, nude makeup, hair smoothening, combination skin, face clean up, what is pigmentation on face, best cream to remove pimple marks fast, niacinamide benefits, how to use aloe vera gel on face at night, eyeliner styles, vitamin c serum benefits, best serum for acne prone skin, rice water for skin, dusky skin, almond oil for hair, dark spots on face, which oil is best for hair, how to reduce melanin, argan oil for hair, Eye Makeup, how to grow beard faster, citronella oil, how to remove pimple marks, skin complexion types, low porosity hair, green tea benefits for skin, rose water benefits for face, how to use shower gel, blemishes on face, dead skin, how to remove pigmentation from face permanently, how to stop hair fall immediately, how to increase hair density, ubtan meaning, hair serum uses, difference between shower gel and body wash, hair serum benefits,