Frizzy, rough, or brittle hair – we often face one of these issues at different times of the year. These issues are often recurring and keep worsening with our lifestyle preferences and nutritional intake. However, we still could use keratin as an end-all solution to most of these hair care issues. This protein derivative helps reduce frizz, increase shine, and strengthen hair follicles.
What is Keratin?
Keratin is a naturally-occurring protein produced within our bodies and in daily foods like eggs, onions, garlic, sunflower seeds, etc. It helps in the healthier formation of hair, nails, and skin. Keratin hair treatments are in demand nowadays because they offer the quickest mode of nutrition for hair roots.
You should expect yourself to find different types of hair care products to suit your hair care needs. Among them, keratin-based products are the most expensive ones because this nutrient is very difficult to synthesize in the labs. However, its products could be used to have far-reaching benefits over a longer period of time.
Benefits of Keratin for Hair
- This protein soothes overlapping hair cells and makes them more manageable by reducing frizz. Using keratin-enriched products helps reduce dryness and makes the hair glossier and healthier.
- Once you get your hair treated with keratin, you should wait for some time so the nutrients get into the roots. This would make the results long-lasting and effective.
- Hair Keratin products strengthen your hair roots. This helps stop breakage as your hair grows, thus enabling you to increase growth without worrying about hair loss.
- If you have wavy or curly hair that is difficult to manage, especially after a wash, this treatment is a win-win situation for you. Keratin helps make your hair soft, smooth, and shiny, thus more manageable.
Before you think of going for it, we suggest that you understand what your hair goes through during a keratin treatment:
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo
- Apply keratin-based product to wet hair. You may also blow dry the hair before applying it.
- Iron your hair. This would seal the nutrients to the hair strands.
TipIt is best to consult a haircare expert before buying shampoo for keratin treated hair or a keratin serum. You should also check for the presence of harmful chemicals used in these products. We would advise you to stay away from any product that contains any harmful chemicals and toxins.
Keratin benefits us in many ways, as far as hair care is concerned. This treatment is a bit expensive because it is a rare protein and can not be easily synthesized in the labs. However, regularly using a high-quality keratin-enriched hair product will give you salon-like results at home.
How to Shortlist a Best Keratin Shampoo as per your Hair Type?
Washing your hair with shampoo would also wash away the scalp’s natural oils, grease, and dirt. As a protein derivative, keratin is a natural health supplement for your tresses. It forms an external barrier that fights environmental triggers and keeps your hair soft, smooth, and shiny.
Here’s what you should know before buying a keratin-enriched shampoo:
- Do keep in mind that the more toxins you put on your scalp, the more adversely affected your hair will be in the long run. It is thus best to pick a haircare product that contains safe, gentle, and natural ingredients.
NoteThe same effect is seen in the ‘before and after keratin results of any keratin-based shampoo.
- Keep a tab on the purity standards and certifications when you pick your sulphate free keratin shampoo. Some manufacturers add sulphates to their hair care and personal care products to help the products produce more lather.
However, this chemical also removes the natural oils in the hair and skin, making them rough and dry. Make sure your shampoo is free from such chemicals and artificial fragrances.
Benefits of Keratin Shampoo
- It cleanses the hair without making it extra dry or frizzy
- It smoothes the hair from root to tips and adds a natural shine
- It shields the hair from external environmental factors that may damage the follicles
- It adds strength to your hair follicles and reduces breakage
How to Use a Keratin Hair Mask?
Masking is more like therapy for your hair. It helps in restoring your hair’s nutrients in the shortest possible time. When you use a keratin hair mask, you give your scalp proper nutrition and nourishment from nature. It also makes your hair stronger and prevents hair breakage.
Here is how you can apply a hair mask:
- Wet your hair and take a small amount of hair mask in your palm
- Part your hair in half and start applying generously from the tip to the roots
- Leave in the mask for fifteen minutes
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner
Mamaearth Products That Have Long-Lasting Benefits of Keratin:
Here are some of our keratin-based hair care products that you may use to have the best haircare experience at home:
- Mamaearth Onion Shampoo for Hair Growth and Hair Fall Control
The product that tops the list is Mamaearth Onion Shampoo. We know how important it is to use the right keratin smooth shampoo. This hair cleanser is made with the following key ingredients:
- Onion: Onion is said to be great for hair growth and combating hair loss. It helps in increasing the blood supply to your hair follicles. This results in increasing your hair growth and preventing hair loss naturally. Onion in your hair shampoo works wonders as it helps in adding strength to your follicles and helps in making your hair look thicker.
- Plant Keratin: It is made up of 18 amino acids that help shield your hair from damage. It is a protective layer that helps retain moisture within your hair strands. Plant Keratin helps in boosting your hair’s natural smoothness, shine, and volume.
- Wheat Amino Acids: The tensile strength of your hair fibers sees improvement with Wheat Amino Acids. They increase your hair’s elasticity and help in reducing hair breakage. It also helps elevate your mane’s porosity and strengthens your hair.
- Soy Amino Acids: They help improve your hair’s manageability by making it smoother and stronger. They reduce the frizziness and give your hair a naturally healthy look.
- Mamaearth Rice Wonder Water For Detangled Hair In 7 Seconds
The second in line is another one of our must-haves. Mamaearth Rice Wonder Water gives your hair the instant makeover it needs. It not only detangles your hair with the best of nature’s nourishing ingredients but also boosts its shine and makes it look voluminous.
This toxin-free hair serum contains the following ingredients:
- Fermented Rice Water: One of the most prominent ingredients from the East Asian tradition is Fermented Rice Water. It is rich in amino acids, vitamins, and essential minerals that naturally benefit your hair. It adds strength to your hair and improves its elasticity and shine. It als0 makes your hair look soft, shiny, and bouncy.
- Keratin: It replenishes your hair by adding a protective layer that fights free radicals effortlessly. It also helps in conditioning hair strands and restores their flexibility with gentle care.
- Castor Oil: Known as the king of oils, Castor oil gives your hair all the goodness it deserves. It is rich in Omega 3 and Omega 9 fatty acids which fortify your hair with intense moisture. Healthy and soft hair is your added benefit with this hair oil.
- Mamaearth Rice Water Conditioner For Damaged Hair
Did you know that fermented rice water restores your hair qualities naturally? Yes, you read that right. Mamaearth Rice Water Conditioner helps provide deep nutrition to the hair strands and makes them shinier.
Our toxin-free hair conditioner comprises the following ingredients:
- Fermented Rice Water: Revered by the East Asian Tradition, Fermented Rice Water contains vital vitamins like vitamins B, C, and E that help in preventing hair damage and improving hair repair. It also decreases the friction between the strands and improves hair elasticity.
- Keratin: Get softer, smoother, and shinier hair with Keratin extracts. It gets your hair cuticles to absorb more moisture, thus making it look glossy and more manageable.
- Coconut Oil: Coconuts are rich in fatty acids and magnesium. They help moisturize and strengthen the hair roots so they may withstand environmental challenges better. This oil also helps retain and lock moisture in the hair cells, thus preventing split ends and breakage.
- Mamaearth Rice Water Hair Mask For Smoothening & Damage Repair
Enrich your hair with the everlasting goodness of nature! Our Rice Water Hair Mask is what you need when your hair sends you silent signals for therapy. It features natural ingredients like Fermented Rice Water, Keratin, and Milk Protein.
This hair mask provides nourishment from the root to the tips. This helps it prevent intense hair breakage and add a silky smooth touch to the hairs. We recommend using it once or twice a week for the best results. You may also use a toxin-free shampoo or conditioner to back up its good results.
Its key ingredients include:
- Fermented Rice Water: It is enriched with vitamins and minerals that naturally add bounce and happiness to your hair. It decreases the friction caused and improves your hair’s natural flexibility from within. Fermented rice water is a boon for curly or frizzy hair.
- Milk Protein: Get thicker and healthier hair with Milk Protein extracts in this hair mask. It also leaves your hair naturally conditioned and nourished while promoting its shine.
- Keratin: Get ready to see your hair all glossy and beautiful with Keratin! It helps in absorbing more moisture into hair cuticles and improves its strength. This ingredient works best for dried and dehydrated hair. It is equally helpful for colored and heat-damaged hair.
It is best to follow its application with a hair growth oil or serum for the best results.
Some other additions that you may want to include in your lifestyle
As amazing as using these products can be for your hair care, your lifestyle plays a major role in your hair’s health. So you can try including or improvising on some of them. They are:
- Stay adequately hydrated: Have at least eight glasses of water every day. Staying hydrated improves the water content in your hair too. You can also mix and match with various fruit and vegetable juices, and protein shakes to get healthier tresses for a longer time.
- Sleep for at least six hours every night: Lesser the sleep, the higher the level of tiredness and stress in your lifestyle. Sound sleep for a minimum of six hours refreshes your body and gives it the rest it needs.
- Take a healthy diet: Include green and leafy vegetables in your diet. Make sure you have a balanced diet that involves everything in moderation. You should also stay away from fast foods and cola drinks.
- Is keratin good for hair?
Yes. Keratin is a protein naturally produced in our bodies and several plants. It helps make our hair, nails, and skin healthier. It naturally adds strength, shine, and volume to the hair, and makes it look glossy and healthy.
- How to use keratin oil for hair?
It is easy to use keratin oil for hair. You should first part your hair in half and take some keratin oil in your palm. Apply it generously on the scalp and massage it using your fingertips in a circular motion. Now comb your hair from the roots to the tip for better blood circulation.
- What is keratin for hair?
Keratin is a structural fibrous protein that helps strengthen hair, skin, and nails. It provides moisturization and nutrition to the exposed part of the hair cells. This is of special significance for hair with a drier texture, or one that has been damaged by heat or color treatment. Keratin thus helps reduce frizz and make the hair more manageable.
|Popular Search Terms|
Uneven Skin Tones, Ashwagandha Benefits, Neem benefits, Hair Care Tips, Best Oil for baby Massage, How to remove dark circles, how to remove tan, Skin Care Tips, Arrowroot Powder, Citronella Oil, Coconut Milk Benefits, Acne Marks Vs Acne Scars, Hibiscus Uses, Double Cleansing, Sulphate and Paraben Free Shampoo, Green Tea Benefits for Skin, Cucumber Benefits for skin, Conditioner, Perfume, Deodorants, Serum, Sunscreen, Scrub, Honey Benefits for skin, Shikakai Benefits for Hair, Wrinkles on face, Strawberry Benefits for Skin, Saffron Benefits for Skin, Fine lines on face, Paraben Free, How to Exfoliate your Skin