Mother Nature has provided us with plenty of botanical ingredients that can solve most of our problems. Some of them are purely for medicinal benefits, while some of them are straightforward essential oils. One of those natural ingredients we will uncover is Jojoba oil, which offers a wide range of benefits for skincare and haircare. It is also suitable for the babies’ tender skin and works best if used regularly.
Jojoba oil is an essential oil used in many homemade skincare and beauty care regimens. Also known as the perfect beauty oil, it can be used as a carrier oil and essential oil for a baby’s tender skin. Several civilizations have used it for medicinal and beauty care purposes for millennia, and it hasn’t changed one bit.
We thus advise switching to Jojoba oil for home-based skincare routines too. This essential oil is primarily known for its hypoallergenic nature and deeply nourishing properties. It also helps in improving the texture of our skin and hair. Indeed, we will discuss this later in the article, but let’s start with knowing a little about this magical ingredient.
About Jojoba Oil
Jojoba (pronounced as ‘ho-ho-ba’) is a wonder plant derived from the seeds of its eponymous plant. Biologically known as Simmondsia chinensis, this oil has a slightly nutty fragrance. It is native to Mexico, Southern Arizona, and California. This oil looks like golden liquid wax when extracted from the Jojoba seeds. However, after refining the liquid, it becomes colorless and odorless.
This essential oil is well-known for having a chemical composition that resembles the texture of sebum that our skin produces. Rich in potential nutrients and vitamins such as Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin E, Copper, and Zinc, this is one of the safest oils with no allergies.
Enriched with soothing and moisturizing properties, Jojoba oil benefits for skin care and cosmetic ends. It is also a premier hair care product, including those meant for baby care products.
How does Jojoba oil work?
The liquid wax or oil produced by the Jojoba seeds is precisely similar to natural restorative esters produced by sebaceous glands in our skin. These esters serve as a perfect emollient for skincare and beauty products.
Using Jojoba oil also helps in effectively cleansing and softening the skin texture. It is suitable for all skin types, but using Jojoba oil for oily and dry skin helps a great deal in removing blemishes like acne and seasonal dryness. This oil would thus help regulate sebum production in the skin cells too.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Skin Care
Experts advise considering Jojoba oil benefits for skin for those who haven’t had the best results with other skincare products. This oil is naturally nourishing and could make your skin healthy if used in one’s daily skincare regimen.
Here are some other reasons why you should consider using it regularly:
- Moisturizes the skin: Jojoba oil is a natural emollient (humectant) that keeps the skin hydrated. It helps retain moisture by creating an invisible, protective barrier on the skin that holds the water in the skin cells. This makes the skin smooth and supple and shields it from bacterial infection.
- Keeps skin cells hydrated: Jojoba oil, when combined with natural ingredients like aloe vera, helps keep the skin barrier. It also minimizes trans-epidermal water loss, balances the skin’s pH levels, and helps secrete natural oils from the skin pores. Jojoba oil uses for strengthens the skin’s outermost layer and protects it from a harmful environment.
- Offers anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits: Jojoba oil contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It thus helps prevent, soothe, and heal the skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
Enriched with Vitamin B and E, jojoba oil benefits for facial skin too. It reverses the damage caused by the free radicals and eliminates pimple-causing bacteria. It also helps heal cuts, wounds, and skin infections.
- Acts as a natural cleanser: Using Jojoba oil as a natural cleanser has its benefits, and it can even be used in place of a face wash too. It helps cleanse the skin pores safely and gently without hurting the texture.
- Acts as a great makeup remover: Are you looking for a solution for removing your makeup naturally? Jojoba oil can be an excellent makeup remover, and you can start off by gently rubbing your skin with it. It would help remove the deeply hidden microparticles from the skin pores that are left untreated, and may cause allergies.
- Treats signs of aging: Loaded with anti-oxidative and hydrating properties, Jojoba oil for face benefits in minimizing fine lines, wrinkles and acne when used on face. This oil also kills unwanted bacteria, controls excess oil, and restores balance to the skin.
- Makes skin cells healthier: If you wish to achieve healthy, glowing, and soft skin, Jojoba oil is the perfect pick as it contains essential vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. This oil helps boost blood circulation, which promotes collagen synthesis in the skin. Massaging your face with it provides essential benefits to the facial skin.
TipYou can rub a dipped cotton ball in the oil on the skin or apply a few drops of the oil after washing the face. This will make your skin clearer and cleaner.
If you are searching for a natural massage oil for babies or yourself, we recommend you pick Mamaearth Soothing Massage Oil for Babies, which is mild and safe. It nourishes the skin and keeps skin soft and supple.
- Nourishes eyelashes and lips: Our eyelashes and lips are the delicate part of our face. They do get affected heavily by environmental stressors and sedentary lifestyles we tend to lead. It effectively nourishes the eyelashes by strengthening them and giving them more luster. Also, this helps to heal the chapped lips.
- Treats cradle cap: One of the best Jojoba oil for face works effectively for babies. A cradle cap is a skin condition in which crusty and yellowish scales are formed on a baby’s scalp due to excessive dryness. This oil helps prevent dryness in the hair, loosens the dried flakes, and dissolves the patchy crusts by moisturizing the scalp.
- Treats acne and pimples: Babies have delicate skin that is easily affected by various signs of aging as they lose moisture faster. Applying Jojoba oil with any other carrier oil to the affected area will help treat acne and soothe inflammation.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Hair Care
Jojoba oil is quite effective in improving the hair’s texture. But, for men, women, or even your little munchkins, Jojoba oil also offers multiple benefits for hair. Here are some of them:
- Moisturizes hair: Rich in moisturizing properties and oleic and behenic acids, Jojoba oil is a perfect emollient for the hair that helps balance the natural oils. It nourishes the scalp, heals dry scalp, and treats flakiness. It also reduces itchiness and inflammation on the scalp by sealing moisture.
- Manages frizzy hair: If you have frizzy hair and flyaway hair, Jojoba oil is a great conditioning agent that assists in managing various hair concerns. These issues include frizz, split ends, frequent breakage, and seasonal dryness. Opting for toxin-fee Jojoba oil benefits for hair roots by restoring and maintaining the scalp’s pH levels.
- Promotes hair growth: It offers deep cleansing, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. These properties together help unclog the pores on the scalp, providing essential nutrients and nourishment to the scalp. This is why applying Jojoba oil every day could help you have healthy hair growth.
- Treats oily scalp: People or children with oily scalp are prone to getting dull hair as excess oil creates a wreck on the hair. Jojoba oil for oily skin helps regulate the excretion of sebum in the scalp and reduces sebum flow in clogged pores. Its regular application also balances excess oil in the hair.
- Repairs heat damage: Various heating or styling tools can damage the hair and scalp, leading to breakage and split ends. Jojoba oil nourishes the hair from root to tip by providing essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Combats premature aging: Harmful environmental and lifestyle factors can take a heavy toll on our lives, even our skin and hair. For example, premature aging of hair leads to gray hair that lacks several essential nutrients.
Haircare experts thus advise applying Jojoba oil that offers benefits like providing adequate nourishment and hydration. It is rich in vitamins A and E, and antioxidants.
Side Effects of Using Jojoba Oil
As Jojoba oil is naturally-extracted oil, it packs in more positives than negatives. This is a non-allergic, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and safe oil for everyone. But excessive use of anything could cause issues. To avoid any side effects, we advise you to conduct a small patch test before incorporating it into your skincare routine.
How to craft a baby care routine at home?
Being a parent is a whole new job, especially if it is your first one. If you are next in line, here are some baby care products and tips to help ensure a healthy baby care routine.
- Cleanse and moisturize regularly: Although your munchkin does not need it regularly, you should still give him a nourishing and playful baby bath time twice a week. It is crucial to lock in adequate moisture in his skin cells with a hydrating body lotion.
We advise you to opt for natural baby care products that are safe and made from natural ingredients. For example, opt for Mamaearth Coco Soft Bathing Bar helps in relieving dryness and promoting baby skin health. For body lotion, we advise you to select Mamaearth Coco Soft Body Lotion, which helps in soothing the skin, making it soft and supple.
- Protect your baby’s delicate skin: You should shield your baby’s sensitive skin from irregular leakages with the help of biodegradable baby diapers. It would heal rashes by absorbing excess water and infections.
To ensure you don’t accidentally expose your baby’s skin to harmful chemicals, you should opt for our baby diapers. These diapers are natural elements such as Cornstarch and Aloe Vera and are biodegradable.
- Do a nourishing massage regularly: Applying the baby’s tender scalp with a nourishing oil keeps your baby’s hair soft and moisturized. A regular massage with toxin-free baby oil helps build healthy bones and smooth and supple skin. We advise you to opt for Mamaearth Soothing Massage Oil for Babies. It offers natural essential oils such as Sesame, Almond, and Jojoba Oil.
- Do a gentle cleansing of the scalp and hair: Rinsing your hair with a gentle baby shampoo with a tear-free formula is just as important. It gently cleanses the scalp, manages the scalp’s pH levels, and makes the hair softer and smoother.
- Maintain your baby’s healthy smile: Keep your baby’s oral care routine intact by brushing their teeth with Mamaearth Toothpaste for Kids, which cleanses teeth perfectly by removing plaque, fighting tooth decay, and providing maximum protection against cavities.
Jojoba oil benefits for skin, hair, and health in nourishing ways. It cleanses, heals, and improves the skin’s and hair’s textures. It promotes healthy skin and hair within a brief period if perfectly incorporated into the daily regimen.
We are Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified Brand and we formulate products with natural ingredients. We recycle more plastic than we use, thus making the environment more sustainable for everyone.
- How to use jojoba oil on face?
The jojoba oil for face is a perfect face cleanser by applying it directly to the skin after washing your face. You can rub a dipped cotton pad in the oil on your face. It may also be mixed with another oil, cream, or a clay face mask before being applied to the skin.
- Is jojoba oil safe for babies?
Yes. Jojoba oil is naturally-gentle, non-irritating, non-comedogenic, and safe for babies as it best matches our skin’s natural oils.
- Which oil is best for babies?
As the baby’s skin is delicate, we advise you to opt for a safe & toxin-free natural oil for babies. We advise you to opt for Mamaearth Soothing Massage Oil for Babies, backed by natural essential oils such as Sesame, Almond, and Jojoba Oil. A mild oil nourishes the baby’s skin, keeping it soft & straightforward.
- Can you put jojoba oil on the baby’s scalp?
Yes. Jojoba oil is safe to use for a baby’s scalp. It provides many nutrients and antioxidants to the baby’s tender skin and thus helps in better hair growth.
|Popular Search Terms|
Acne Marks Vs Acne Scars, Hibiscus Uses, Double Cleansing, Sulphate and Paraben Free Shampoo, Green Tea Benefits for Skin, Cucumber Benefits for skin, Conditioner, Perfume, Deodorants, Serum, Sunscreen, Scrub, Honey Benefits for skin, Shikakai Benefits for Hair, Wrinkles on face, Strawberry Benefits for Skin, Saffron Benefits for Skin, Fine lines on face, Paraben Free, How to Exfoliate your Skin, Keratin, Frizzy hair, How to Lighten Dark Lips, Dandruff, Dead Skin Cells, Thick Hair, Skin Problems, Hair Problems, Glass skin, Anti Aging, Coffee Benefits for skin, Damaged hair, Dull Skin,