Do you dream of having lustrous hair that makes heads turn but are busy fixing it every time you take a selfie? Well, you are not alone, this issue is called damaged hair and hair goals that seem difficult to achieve. But, with some awareness and streamlined choices, you can return to your happy hair days again.
Dull or damaged hair may not always take too long to resolve, provided you have the right regimen and products. It thus makes sense to note some simple rules one should follow for one’s home-based haircare regimen. It usually begins with carefully assessing one’s lifestyle pattern and then switching to toxin-free skincare products.
What is Damaged Hair?
External aggressors of the environment (like heat exposure, friction, and chemical treatments) always attack your hair cuticles. When the triggers go beyond a certain limit, it weakens your hair and makes it dull, dry, and frizzy. It may also make your hair more vulnerable and prone to damage and frequent breakage.
There are various kinds of damage that can happen to your tresses due to various factors. This may include split ends, dryness, frizzy hair, hair fall, and breakage. Haircare experts advise understanding the issue and taking proper steps to contain it.
- Split ends may damage your hair in many ways. They make your hair strands look like an unraveled rope. It stops your hair from growing at a healthy rate, prevents nutrition from reaching your hair cuticles, and makes it brittle in texture.
- Experts identify damaged hairs with signs like seasonal dryness and frizz. They appear when you wash your hair excessively using poor-quality haircare products. This is because the natural oils in your scalp get washed away along with the present dirt and impurities, making the texture rougher.
Hair fall and breakage occur when the nourishment quotient is not at par with the environmental triggers. The external environment can get rough on your scalp. You should apply nourishing oils to control damaged hair (or to repair them), or it may cause hair loss. It may be further worsened by intense breakage and dandruff troubles.
Some More Causes of having Damaged Hair
Dry, dull, or damaged hair can occur due to various factors that may involve everything from your food intake to the environment you are in for a significant amount of the day. So let’s go through each one of them, one by one:
- Inadequate diet: What you eat, you become. This is one of the truest sayings regarding your skin and hair’s health. You need to have a balanced diet that includes a high amount of zinc, folic acid, and iron to provide your hair with the nourishment and nutrition it needs.
- Misusing towels: Using your bath towel to remove the water from your hair is an instinct. But it is wrong to dry your hair aggressively and harshly. Instead, we recommend using a blot absorbent towel that absorbs extra moisture to protect the hair strands.
- Using elastic or rubber bands: They are easy to use and affordable but using them too frequently may add to the damage. If you must use elastic hair ties, try not to tie your hair too tightly. Doing so makes you pull a little on your scalp and have some strands stuck in them. It is better to let down your hair sometimes or you may tie it a little loose.
Damaged Hair Troubles: Busting Myths
Several myths and beliefs might make your heart ponder upon the decisions you make for your hair repair. But we would like to bust them all with facts that will clear your mind and help you make an informed decision.
- Men don’t have damaged hair: Men’s damaged hair troubles are similar to women’s. They too face split ends, frizzy hair woes, less growth, and hair fall. But, like women, they also face deterioration in hair quality. It can become prominent with hair styling, blow drying, or color treatments.
- No dandruff, no damage: Many people believe that damaged hair only means having dandruff. This is one of the most popular myths about hair damage. But the fact is, from hair loss to split ends, everything counts as hair damage.
- Trimming is the only option: You may have heard this one much more than any other. Many believe trimming the hair every six weeks is the only solution to avoid split ends. However, it is not valid because we all have different hair growth.
You may avoid split ends by taking proper care of your hair. The first step is to nourish the hair follicles with an effective hair growth oil twice a week. The next is to choose the right pair of conditioner and shampoo for damaged and dry hair. Doing so would help you have the best haircare experience at home.
- Wash your hair every day for faster growth: Never go for this myth. Washing your hair every day makes your scalp dry and devoid of the natural oils that are essential for healthy hair growth. Instead, you may wash your hair twice a week with a damaged hair repair shampoo to achieve your desired hair goals.
- Brush your hair while it’s wet: Try not paying heed to this one as much as possible. For example, you may brush your hair gently before going for a head wash, but never when wet. That’s because when your hair is drenched, its grip on the scalp is weak. So moving a brush through your hair at that moment will cause more hair fall than when it is dry.
- Your hair can never have enough moisture: Another myth to divert your attention from. There is a limit to the amount of moisture your hair can retain. There is a difference between dry and hydrated hair.
If you are into deep conditioning therapy, you should follow it weekly rather than daily. That is because the daily piled-up moisture can get challenging to remove, especially on the days you would like to take a wash.
Mamaearth Products that help Repair Damaged Hair
At Mamaearth, we are home to a diverse range of amazing hair care products. Our products are natural, dermatologically tested, safe to use, and have versatile suitability. In addition, our products are cruelty-free and do not contain any harmful chemicals or toxins that can harm your tresses.
You may opt for our hair oils, serums, shampoos, and conditioners as per your hair type. We have also developed a damage repair kit and a hair mask for dry and damaged hair. It helps provide excellent results with every application. Here’s what makes it so effective in treating common hair care issues:
Mamaearth Damage Repair Kit: A hair gets damaged when it is short of nourishment and nutrition. We have thus used an ancient South Korean haircare remedy to provide the much-needed nourishment and hydration to the hair follicles. Our Damage Repair Kit thus features the natural goodness of rice water, and this kit comprises the following products:
- Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo: Hair repair needs strength and rice water binds your hair like no other! This hair shampoo comes with the goodness of Rice water and Plant Keratin that helps reduce split ends. This ingredient also adds a natural shine to your tresses and provides vital antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
In addition, this shampoo hydrates your hair roots and shields them from external aggressors. So if you are breaking the Internet searching for ‘dry and damaged hair shampoo,’ this hair cleanser won’t disappoint!
- Mamaearth Rice Water Conditioner: Cleansing your hair daily also washes away the essential oils and impurities. This reduces the conditioning effect your hair needs to hold itself back for sustenance and healthy growth.
Mamaearth Rice Water Hair Conditioner comes with the goodness of Fermented Rice Water and Wheat Protein. It makes the hair strands softer and easy to manage, making them shinier and providing intense hair repair. Men with damaged hair can also benefit from this kit.
- Mamaearth Rice Hair Oil: Oiling is just as necessary as cleansing and conditioning. Mamaearth Rice Hair Growth Oil is the extra mile we have been talking about. Made with the goodness of Rice Bran Oil and Coconut Oil, it works wonders to enrich your hair with antioxidants. In addition, it helps to protect your hair from harmful UV rays and locks moisture in your hair with effortless ease. We recommend massaging your scalp with it to see the magic unfold!
- Mamaearth Rice Water Hair Mask: Masking therapy is said to restore your hair with vital nutrients in the shortest possible time. Mamaearth Rice Water Hair Mask for damaged hair treatment brings you home to happier, healthier, and smoother hair with every application.
Although it comes with the enriching goodness of Fermented Rice Water, Plant Keratin, and Milk Protein, it helps in making your mane look thicker by providing intense repair from within. The best part? It is easy to use and free from toxins and chemicals harmful to healthy hair growth.
- Mamaearth Onion Hair Serum: If you are looking for a hair serum to boost your hair regrowth, Mamaearth Onion Hair Serum is a must-try. The goodness of Onion and Keratin strengthens hair follicles, reduces frizz, and naturally promotes hair growth. In addition, it can be used after the cleansing, conditioning, and masking hair care processes we just talked about.
There can be many reasons for damaged hair. These include a lack of nutrition or nourishment, pollution, excessive stress, certain medications, or hormonal changes. Then there are different types of damaged hair, all needing to be treated with care. Using safe and gentle hair care products also helps.
Sometimes, using the wrong products too many times can decrease the shine of your hair. You can always switch to natural products that offer long-lasting results without harming your hair. The only point you should note is that you should avoid coloring or heat treatments. Such procedures sap the hair’s natural moisture and make the roots weakened. No need to tie those locks or trim them- it’s time to let them flow free with the wind!
- Does blow drying damage the hair?
Yes. A blow dryer throws out gushes of hot air that help reduce moisture in the hair strands. It becomes worse with prolonged exposure as it rapidly dries out the hair strands and saps up their natural oils. This weakens the hair roots and makes hair fall imminent.
- How to repair damaged hair after smoothening?
If you are facing too much trouble, you can try trimming the ends of your hair. It is best to use a sulfate-free shampoo twice a week and avoid using harsh chemicals on the scalp. Once the situation is manageable, you should opt for deep conditioning therapy once a week. This will help restore your hair’s health.
- How to repair damaged hair?
Going for deep conditioning therapy and switching to natural and toxin-free hair care products can deliver effective results. You should eat a protein-rich diet, stay stress-free, take vitamin supplements, and sleep for at least seven hours every day. Avoid using elastic bands or scrunchies on your hair and brush it when wet.
- Which shampoo is best for damaged hair?
The best shampoo for damaged hair should be the one that offers intense hair repair, reduces or prevents split ends, hydrates your mane deeply, and adds a natural strength and shine to your tresses. We thus recommend opting for Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo, which helps provide deep hydration to the hair roots and removes dryness.
- How do you know if your hair is too damaged?
If hair loss becomes secondary to the itchy and irritated scalp, split ends start becoming too frequent, and your hair ends up looking dry and brittle no matter what you use, you must know your hair is damaged to a severe degree.
- What is the most damaging element for your hair?
Using too many styling products and frequent chemical treatments like perming, dying, etc., are your hair's most damaging elements. It can always be worsened by using coloring and chemically-treated hair care products.
|Popular Search Terms|
Citronella Oil, Coconut Milk Benefits, Acne Marks Vs Acne Scars, Hibiscus Uses, Double Cleansing, Sulphate and Paraben Free Shampoo, Green Tea Benefits for Skin, Cucumber Benefits for skin, Conditioner, Perfume, Deodorants, Serum, Sunscreen, Scrub, Honey Benefits for skin, Shikakai Benefits for Hair, Wrinkles on face, Strawberry Benefits for Skin, Saffron Benefits for Skin, Fine lines on face, Paraben Free, How to Exfoliate your Skin, Keratin, Frizzy hair, How to Lighten Dark Lips, Dandruff, Dead Skin Cells, Thick Hair, Skin Problems, Hair Problems, Glass skin, Anti Aging, Coffee Benefits for skin,