Hyaluronic Acid is one of the most renowned skincare ingredients known for several benefits. Although it looks like an acid formulated in laboratories, it is a naturally occurring skincare ingredient. The acid in our bodies makes the skin young and healthy. The hyaluronic acid moisturizer is a great choice to enhance your skin’s appearance.
With winter, this ingredient is handy as our skin tends to get drier and flakier with time. However, it might result in dry, itchy, and irritated skin. More than providing hydration, creams are needed for the skin as they stay short. Using Hyaluronic acid face moisturizer can help a great deal because it can attract and hold more moisture in the skin cells.
In the past few years, we have seen a rise in the usage of hyaluronic acid for the skin. Too curious to add it to your skincare routine? This read will enlighten you with all the essential information about our hero ingredient, its benefits and effects on the skin, and how you can make it your skin’s BFF by incorporating it into your daily skincare regimen.
Something About Hyaluronic Acid
As we told you above, it is a natural humectant in our skin and naturally present in our connective tissues in higher quantities around the eyes. It acts as a support for the cushion. In addition, it plays an important role in keeping the tissues lubricated and moist. With age, the production of hyaluronic acid in the skin decreases, making it essential to supply it with naturally-sourced hyaluronic acid.
When explained in scientific language – hyaluronic acid is a thick, sticky substance with a gel-like consistency. It is a molecule popularly called mucopolysaccharide that contains disaccharides or sugar units. Found in several skincare products, it binds environmental moisture to the skin and holds it to the skin cells. When our body cannot retain hyaluronic acid, the lack of moisture makes the skin age and sag.
How do you get Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid is a natural chemical present only in humans; you may be wondering where we got this acid from. The primary source of Hyaluronic Acid is plant-based nutrients.
Plant-Based Hyaluronic Acid: Extracted from the plants through bacterial fermentation, it naturally sours a plant-based hyaluronic acid. Plants contain a specific bacterial strain that helps release this nutrient after a complex chemical reaction. They are fermented to achieve the desired molecular weights ideal for the skin.
Types of Hyaluronic Acid for Skin:
Dermatologists make necessary changes with naturally-sourced hyaluronic acid so that it becomes perfect for all skin types. Here are three types of hyaluronic acid:
1. Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid: This type of hyaluronic acid can break down into small elements that are quite effective in penetrating the skin and cleaning it from deep layers. We advise using skincare products backed with this acid, such as moisturizers with hyaluronic acid or face cream, for people with oily or combination skin.
2. Sodium Hyaluronate: Mostly used in serums, this hyaluronic acid delivers essential nutrients to the skin. Although the effects aren’t very long-lasting, it allows the moisture to get on the skin for some time.
3. Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate: This is the perfect hyaluronic acid as it offers long-lasting hydration and holding capacity for the skin. Suitable for those who have dry skin or extreme climates such as excess winter or excess summer.
Checking out the Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid-based Skincare Products
Recently, hyaluronic acid has become the town’s talk as it has several positive effects on the skin that make skin aging less visible. But first, let’s read about the benefits of hyaluronic acid.
1. Offers hydration and moisturization: Hyaluronic acid is a natural humectant that attracts moisture from the environment and delivers it to the skin’s surface. It pulls the moisture from the deepest layers of the skin to effectively moisturize the outermost layers of the skin.
2. Builds moisture capacity: The miraculous acid can hold up to 1000 times the molecular weight in water, which builds a strong moisture-binding capacity for skin cells. It enhances the ability to retain water in the skin’s layers, keeping it moisturized and providing essential nutrients.
3. Treats signs of aging: As we tend to age, our skin loses firmness and elasticity. Our eye lipids, too, get compromised. Hyaluronic acid moisturizer benefits the skin by decreasing the depth of fine lines and wrinkles and enhancing firmness and elasticity. It also delivers and retains moisture in the skin cells, thus promoting new skin cell regeneration and creating youthful-looking skin.
4. Fasten wound healing: Hyaluronic acid can promote the skin’s ability to heal faster. As the acid is already present in our body and skin tissue, it rises its levels in the body where wounds are present. This magical acid is believed to promote collagen production and fasten skin repair.
5. Fights free radicals: Hyaluronic acid is quite popular for healing wounds and reversing the damage caused by free radicals. Loaded with antioxidant properties, a natural and safe hyaluronic acid moisturizer for the face reduces oxidative stress. It also heals the damage caused by free radicals and calms skin inflation.
You can try Mamaearth Aqua Glow Gel Face Moisturizer if you’re searching for face moisturizer loaded with hyaluronic acid. It is loaded with the goodness of Himalayan Thermal Water and Hyaluronic Acid, which keeps your skin hydrated for 72 hours.
6. Tightens skin pores: Whether you are suffering from the signs of aging or your grandma has lost skin elasticity, hyaluronic acid can restore elasticity and firmness in the skin. In addition, it can bind moisture to the skin and helps tighten its pores.
The best hyaluronic acid moisturizer available in India evens the skin’s appearance by filling in the cracked skin or lips. In addition, it enhances the skin’s overall complexion by making it bright.
7. Strengthens skin barriers: Skin is a barrier between our inner body parts and the harmful outer environment. The top layer of the skin, the epidermis, takes a heavy toll from the damage caused by various factors. Due to constant aging and exposure to harmful environmental conditions, our skin barriers get compromised.
Hyaluronic acid contains Glycosaminoglycan, which helps in supporting the skin tissues. Applying hyaluronic acid moisturizer for oily skin promotes your skin health by giving it a youthful look by making it soft, supple, and spot-free. It also supplies essential nutrients and keeps the collagen intact.
8. Treats hyperpigmentation: Apart from treating signs of aging, this magical acid is quite effective in treating skin pigmentation by reducing the appearance of pigmented areas. In addition, it regulates the melanin production in the skin, which smoothens out roughness in the skin and lightens the darkened areas.
9. Prevents clogging of pores: Mostly moisturizing creams or gel for skin clog skin pores as they have a thick consistency that takes time for the skin to absorb. Moisturizers backed by hyaluronic acid are non-comedogenic and do not block the skin pores. Such moisturizers are perfect for oily and acne-prone skin.
Where else could you find Hyaluronic Acid?
You can find hyaluronic acid in foods such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, dark chocolate, almonds, avocado, green leafy vegetables, and soy-protein-based foods.
Can you use Hyaluronic Acid every day?
Irrespective of the fact that acid is naturally present in our bodies, you might not use it daily for your skin. But there is no need to get afraid of incorporating it into your daily routine. Unlike AHA or BHA, this acid does not exfoliate the skin and only provides the skin with a boost of hydration.
Myths about Hyaluronic Acid
You probably heard about some of the myths about using hyaluronic acid for skin as it is gaining popularity in the beauty world. So, we’ll debunk some of the myths you might consider facts about hyaluronic acid.
Myth #1: Hyaluronic Acid is a pure exfoliator.
Fact #1: As Hyaluronic acid does not contain AHAs or BHAs, it does not have exfoliating properties. It is a powerful humectant and has moisture-retaining capabilities.
Myth #2: Hyaluronic Acid should be applied on dry skin only.
Fact #2: Hyaluronic acid should always be applied on damp skin as it has moisture-binding capabilities and retains water perfectly. When you apply hyaluronic acid moisture for dry skin on damp skin, it absorbs water and retains the excess water without taking it from the skin’s deepest layers which dampens your skin layers.
Myth #3: All Hyaluronic Acids are the same.
Fact #3: Hyaluronic acid comes in various molecular weights that penetrate different layers of the skin. Different hyaluronic acid benefits each skin differently.
What should your daily skincare routine look like?
A daily skincare routine comprises two different routines that allow the skin to breathe. That’s because the daytime skincare routine focuses on keeping the skin healthy and protecting it from unwanted exposure to harmful environmental aggressors. At the same time, the night skincare routine focuses on repairing the damage and rejuvenating the skin. So let’s have a look at both routines.
Note: Remember to select the products that match your skin’s type, tone, and texture.
Daytime Skincare Routine
Step 1: Applying a Gentle Cleansing Solution:
After identifying your skin type, the first and foremost step towards achieving glowing skin is getting rid of dirt, dust, makeup residue, and excess oil from your skin. It prepares the skin for your skincare routine’s next set of products. First, opt for a gentle face cleanser that will not strip your skin of natural oils.
If you’re building a hyaluronic acid-based skincare regimen, pick our Aqua Glow Face Wash. It comes enriched with natural ingredients such as Himalayan Thermal Water and Hyaluronic Acid. It unveils glowing skin and makes it soft by providing a boost of hydration.
Step 2: Toning your skin:
Applying a face toner on your skin will help you get even-toned skin by removing any leftover impurities. Toners also help in calming down skin inflammations and reducing the damage caused by UV rays.
Step 3: Pampering your face with a face serum
A face serum loaded with essential antioxidants benefits your skin in several ways. Hyaluronic acid in face serum can help lock in moisture in the skin. Several vitamins and peptides promote collagen production in the skin, making it supple and bright. They also calm down any skin inflammations and prevent any signs of aging.
Opt for a gentle and natural face serum such as Mamaearth Aqua Glow Face Serum, loaded with Himalayan Thermal Water and Hyaluronic Acid. It gives 72-hour hydration and restores the skin’s radiance.
Step 4: Applying moisturizer with SPF:
Keep your skin hydrated with natural hydrating solutions (such as the face) with the best hyaluronic acid moisturizer in India. It strengthens the skin barrier, keeps the skin soft and supple, and shields it from the damage caused by UV rays or pollution.
If you’re unsure which hydrating solution to use, we advise you to pick the one by Mamaearth Aqua Glow Hydrating Sunscreen Gel, as it will get the job done perfectly. Backed by Himalayan Thermal Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, and Calendula, it is a light gel-based formula that supplies the skin with an ultimate boost of hydration, maintains the skin’s protective barrier, protects the skin from UV rays, and light emitted from digital screens.
Night Skincare Routine
When it comes to acting upon the night care regimen for your skin, cleansing the skin with a face cleanser and toning it becomes essential. However, apart from these two essential steps, you can rejuvenate your skin by adhering to the following steps.
1. At-home exfoliation: If you apply makeup, you should also exfoliate your skin to help it breathe. Exfoliation would thus make your skin healthy and radiant. Scrubbing your skin with a toxin-free face scrub helps you reveal the natural glow by removing dead skin cells and impurities.
2. Don’t forget to use a retinol serum: Being a rich source of Vitamin A, Retinol promotes new skin cell production, making the skin glow bright. Also, it treats any pigmented areas on the skin. We advise using retinol serum at night as it breaks off if applied during day time.
3. Apply an eye cream: Due to constant aging and over-exposure to harmful environmental elements, the area under gets affected, resulting in dark circles and puffy eyes. Apply a natural and safe solution such as Mamaearth Bye Bye Dark Circles Eye Cream. It helps in nourishing the under-eye area and reduces dark circles.
4. Hydrate your skin at night: Give your facial skin overnight nourishment with a face cream packed with hydrating and rejuvenating ingredients. It helps fight discoloration, restores the lost moisture in the skin, and makes it smooth and supple while asleep. You should also try our Aqua Glow Gel Face Moisturizer; it will keep your skin moisturized and plump.
5. Consider a face mask at regular intervals: By applying a face mask at regular intervals, you’ll hydrate your skin and deliver essential nutrients to the skin. In addition, it will make your skin plumper and even-toned. Loaded with Hyaluronic Acid and Rosehip Oil, Mamaearth Hyaluronic Bamboo Sheet Mask unclogs skin pores, hydrates skin, and decreases fine lines.
When working it for your skin, there’s more to the hyaluronic acid moisturizer. It is a perfect water-grabbing substance, a perfect hydrator, and effectively repairs & improves the skin. These qualities make it a perfect skincare product that deserves to be a part of your skincare routine.
You can rely on us if you are looking for hyaluronic-based toxin-free skincare products. We carefully formulate the products by choosing natural and safe ingredients for the skin.
- Which moisturizer contains hyaluronic acid?
However, various brands offer a moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid; we advise you to pick a natural, safe, and dermatologically-tested solution; Mamaearth Aqua Glow Gel Face Moisturizer contains hyaluronic acid.
- Is hyaluronic acid a good moisturizer?
Yes, Hyaluronic Acid is a good moisturizer as it minimizes signs of aging since plump, hydrated skin makes fine lines and wrinkles less visible.
- Can you use hyaluronic acid moisturizer daily?
Yes, it is safe to use hyaluronic acid daily.
- What cannot be paired with hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid plays well with most ingredients. But you should be cautious while using it with skincare products containing alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide, and vitamin C.
|Popular Search Terms|
hair density, keratin, niacinamide serum benefits, pimple, rashes on baby skin, rice water benefits, benefits of rose water on face, saffron benefits for skin, Serum, vitamin c serum benefits, best hair oil for hair growth and thickness, how to use cleanser, skin lightening cream, how to remove acne marks, liquid detergent, acne face wash, best lip balm, best concealer, lipstick color, lip care, glossy lips, pimple gel, sensitive skin, Healthy Teeth, how to use hair mask, how to use apple cider vinegar for hair, best shampoo for hair growth and thickness, body spray for men, what is acne, beauty face, skin irritation, Dry lips, light lipstick shades, serum for pigmentation, pimple face wash, lipstick guide for skin tone, plump lips, sagging skin, combination skin, scaly skin