October is all about festivals in India. Beginning with Dussehra and ending with Diwali, this beautiful month brings home the joy of festivities like no other. It all seems happy and amazing until you realize that the increased air pollution percentage is fast becoming noticeable. Once the season’s most thrilling and grand celebrations have taken a backseat, people with sensitive skin start feeling the heat.
Sensitive Skin: Meaning (definition) and Traits
Sensitive skin implies a person’s skin that is prone to irritation, especially caused by external aggressors. Each individual’s inflammation may have a different underlying cause. Additionally, friction caused due to synthetic or polyester clothes may cause rashes or discomfort. Some people may experience skin reactions, too, if they are hypersensitive to a specific allergen.
For example, sensitive and acne-prone skin issues can be triggered by harmful chemicals, artificial colors, and synthetic fragrances. Sometimes, sensitive skin may be a sign of a severe underlying problem that might have been caused due to any illness or medication.
Did you know? People with such issues may find comfort and improve their quality of life by learning to avoid possible triggers and causes.
Five simple Tips for people with sensitive skin:
1. Go natural: Give your skin a break from regular makeup application, stress, and environmental pollutants. Take enough rest and stop stressing out to treat your skin the best way possible. This will help your skin breathe and stay away from harmful chemicals, and your skin will heal naturally.
2. Make better choices: Try picking safe and natural products and swapping your chemical-based products with the Goodness of Nature. Natural products or home-based remedies will help your skin rejuvenate and glow.
3. Cleanse and purify: Regular steam helps kill bacteria on your skin and prevents dust and dirt from entering your skin. This process helps open up your pores, allows all the impurities to flush away, and deeply cleanses your skin.
4. Uplift your lifestyle: Maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow a good diet, as it helps provide sound sleep and removes excess toxins from your body. In addition, your skin will thank you for taking good care of your body. So, all you need to do is eat healthy foods, stay hydrated, and repeat.
Among the several skincare products you use, we recommend using a good and safe face cleanser that is free from harmful chemicals. It would cleanse your skin deeply without damaging your skin’s natural texture. We also welcome you to check out our Ubtan Face Wash and Charcoal Face Wash for a safe and natural experience.
We provide you with the best grade of toxin-free skincare products that help you achieve your skincare goals. These two face cleansers are our best-sellers, especially for people with dull and acne-prone skin (respectively). These face wash help detox your skin and cleanse deeply without flushing away your natural oils, thus giving you a fresh look.
Do you have Sensitive (acne-prone or dry) Skin?
The words – oily, combination, dry, acne-prone, and sensitive skin- are a few of the most commonly used adjectives in skin care. You should know what triggers issues and how you may treat them appropriately.
Does having such issues skin run in the family be a reason you have it too? Does this skin type have a variety of densities? Does time affect the sensitivity of the skin? Why should someone with sensitive skin avoid everyday skincare products? You will get the answers to these questions in the information mentioned below:
Most of the time, people associate this skin type with easy irritations and issues. Skincare experts usually associate sensitivities such as rosacea, eczema, and allergic contact dermatitis with sensitive and acne-prone skin. For example, you may notice that specific products or elements of the surroundings make your skin red, scratchy, or uneven.
Regardless of the cause, your dermatologist can help you identify the issue and create a treatment plan to clean up your skin and keep it that way. In addition, they would like to know whether you have any typical symptoms to identify whether you have sensitive skin.
1. You have reactive skin- You might have noticed that some triggers make you experience various symptoms. Some common triggers are soaps, detergents, scents, perfumes, skincare products, and home goods. For example, you should try a specialized soap meant for sensitive skin.
Note: Flares can also be caused by cold, sun, and wind exposure. Your dermatologist can assist you in learning about potential contradictions and making the best product selections for your skin.
2. You face chronic redness- Redness is a common problem for sensitive skin patients. This may be a red rash, pimples, or some blemish. It often disappears when the irritant is removed or treated quickly. People with persistent redness may find laser treatments beneficial.
3. Your skin starts feeling irritated or itchy- It’s common for people with sensitive skin to feel tight and irritated, especially after using a harsh cleanser. It gets worse when you use hot water. When the air is chilly and dry, itching could be more noticeable. Scratching in response to an itch might cause more discomfort or even spread an infection. We recommend discussing the best course of treatment plan with your doctor.
4. You experience scorching and stinging- Applying or cleansing with products that are too strong for you may cause your skin to hurt and burn. This is particularly common with gel-based or alcohol-based anti-acne- or anti-aging products. Despite being a short-term occurrence, it could be unpleasant and painful.
5. Your skin becomes dry- While persons with sensitive skin may experience breakouts, they frequently have underlying dryness rather than oiliness. The sensitivity may also be brought on by having dry skin, which does not protect the skin’s nerve endings.
In cold, dry weather and when exposed to wind, you’ll probably experience more dry skin issues. However, it may be fought off by using a mild moisturizer for sensitive skin and shielding your skin from the environment.
6. You get rashes rather frequently – When exposed to a trigger, such people’s skin may respond with a red, dry, flaky, or bumpy rash. This mainly happens when skincare products like face cream for sensitive skin are applied and left on for an extended period.
After contact, you could have a rash very quickly. Rashes may be bothersome, unattractive, and persistent. If you have an allergy, it’s more dangerous than having sensitive skin. You might require a prescription medication to eliminate rashes brought on by irritation and allergies.
7. You experience frequent breakouts – If you have sensitive skin, you may face acne breakouts with red bumps and pustules. When you use a cream to cure the breakouts, it worsens them.
Your doctor can help you figure it out and put things in perspective. Finding the best solutions to keep your face clear without irritating you may also require the assistance of your doctor if you have sensitive skin and acne.
8. Your skin starts to flake and peel- You can experience a lot of flaking and peeling, especially if you have dry skin. This is embarrassing and occasionally resembles dandruff. Excessive peeling may make the skin’s natural texture rougher and vulnerable to infection. It may even cause scarring in some cases.
Sunburns are quick to occur- Your delicate skin is more vulnerable to the sun’s destructive effects. You run an even greater danger if your skin is inflamed or peeling. So when you’re outside, you should always opt for the best-suited sunscreen for your sensitive skin, especially on your face.
You should also pick a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. You may use Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen with Carrot Seed, Turmeric and SPF 50 PA+++ that comes powered with SPF 50 and PA+++ protection. Applied as a face gel, it is suitable for India’s hot and humid climate too.
How should one take care of Sensitive Skin?
Rashes and inflammation frequently occur on sensitive skin. Sunlight, fragrant creams, and harsh chemicals may all hurt your skin. Here are some tips that can make your skincare easier:
– Keep your skin away from toners and abrasive exfoliants.
– When the weather is cold, you should use lukewarm water for bathing.
– Avoid fragrances and use good-quality skincare products made of essential oils.
– Always keep your skin hydrated.
Sensitive Skincare Routine
Ever thought why even the most minor things may cause reactions to your skin? This shows that, like many of us, you have sensitive skin. Unfortunately, this skin type might be challenging to identify since people frequently confuse it with allergies or common acne. This can be brought on by various lifestyle changes, including pollutants and unhealthy eating habits.
It can also be the result of hereditary factors. To preserve and care for their skin, persons with such skin must adopt regular skin care practices. This will lessen any irritation symptoms and keep the skin hydrated and healthy.
Here are a few steps one must follow if you have sensitive skin:
1. Step 1: Deep Cleansing- You should wash your skin with cold water after carefully and gently washing it. Instead of using brushes or washcloths, which can be rough on the skin, it is advised to use your fingertips. Please do not overdo it. Also remember that your cleanser shouldn’t include harmful chemicals or synthetic scents. These ingredients may bring on more rashes and irritation.
In order to prevent such skin conditions, you should try our Tea Tree Face Wash. For people with sensitive skin, it helps control acne and breakouts and prevents oily skin. An effective blend of Neem and Tea Tree Oil helps prevent acne by deeply cleansing impurities. You should use it twice a day for the best results.
Its toxin-free ingredients fight bacteria, protect against pollutants, and control excess oil secretion. This face wash also contains Aloe Vera extracts which help reduce redness and inflammation and calm your skin.
2. Step 2: Toner- After using a deep cleanser, you use a face toner for sensitive skin to remove any debris and sebum that may have remained on your face. The use of alcohol-free toners is advised for those with sensitive skin.
Toner is one of the most important skincare steps. It helps tighten pores, cleanse your skin, and restore the skin’s natural pH balance. Therefore, we recommend you try out Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Toner. It features the goodness of Cucumber, Aloe Vera Gel, and Witch Hazel.
This face toner helps enhance the natural firmness and radiance of your skin. You may note that toners containing alcohol can be harsh on your skin, and this may cause acne and redness.
Witch hazel reduces inflammation, tightens pore size, and soothes acne-prone, sensitive skin. In addition, the alcohol-free structure of this toner helps restore harmony to your skin’s pH level. Cucumber is used in skin care products because it moisturizes, soothes, and reduces irritation.
3. Step 3: Moisturizer- One of the most crucial elements in a skincare program is moisturizing. It moisturizes the skin and acts as a barrier of defense. This helps improve the skin’s texture, tone, and plumpness. Lightweight and non-sticky moisturizers are excellent for sensitive (oily or acne-prone) skin. You should avoid products with alcohol, parabens, perfumes, or preservatives.
In search of the ideal oil-free moisturizer? Your search has ended. You should try our Mamaearth Green Tea Oil-Free Face Moisturizer, a non-sticky, lightweight lotion designed to moisturize your face all day long without leaving an oily film.
This Oil-Free Face Moisturizer gently hydrates the face, tightens pores, increases skin elasticity, and helps make it shinier. In addition, this toxin-free skincare product is enriched with the benefits of Green Tea and Collagen. The Green Tea Oil-Free Face Moisturizer is Made Safe certified and free of silicones, parabens, mineral oil, and dyes.
4. Step 4: Exfoliate– Exfoliation is not harmful to delicate skin, contrary to popular belief. Gentle exfoliation is safe for sensitive skin since it helps remove buildup and dead skin cells, giving the skin a more youthful appearance. This should be done at most once or twice a week for the best results.
Your skin can get damaged by pollutants, grime, UV radiation, and adverse weather. It may then appear unevenly toned, tanned, and drab due to them. You should then use an exfoliator that fights these negative effects and helps you have better results.
You should try Mamaearth Ubtan Face Scrub, enhanced with Turmeric and Walnut’s natural virtues. The antioxidants in turmeric protect the skin against free radical damage. Turmeric is traditionally used to lighten skin tone and prevent sun damage. This tan-removal face scrub with Walnut gently exfoliates to reveal new, healthy skin.
Tip: You may also use a face mask to moisturize your facial skin after using a scrub.
5. Step 5: Face Serum: They benefit all skin types since they moisturize and help remove acne scars and blemishes. When using a new serum, those with sensitive skin should exercise caution and test it first on their arm to look for any negative side effects.
The best serums for this skin type include primarily natural ingredients. They shouldn’t include skin acids or exfoliants and should instead be hydrating. For example, serums containing Niacinamide or Hyaluronic Acid are some of the best options for people with sensitive skin.
Many individuals are concerned about acne scars and markings. Mamaearth Skin Correct Face Serum treats various skin issues with its special composition. Niacinamide and ginger extract work together to shrink enlarged pores, lessen acne scars and blemishes, and enhance the skin’s texture overall. It also regulates the body’s natural sebum levels and prevents overproduction.
Niacinamide is a strong antioxidant. It helps decrease inflammation, level out skin tone, and restore the skin’s flexibility by constricting enlarged pores. The antioxidant Ginger Extract promotes the formation of melanin to level out skin spots while preventing collagen deterioration. It assists in calming the skin and reducing acne-related skin inflammation.
We have tried to neatly summarize all the main points that you would need to create a good regimen for your sensitive skin, especially post-hectic festive season. If you want to treat dull and lifeless skin, you should also back it up with a positive lifestyle and dietary habits. This would help you have the best results over time!
- Which serum is good for sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin needs more attention and care as compared to other skin types. Therefore, looking for products filled with natural ingredients helps create a protective barrier against your skin, e.g., Aloe Vera, Neem, Shea Butter, etc. In addition, we recommend using a toxin-free and active-based face serum to address these skincare issues.
- How to care for sensitive skin in summer?
There are a few steps you should follow to take good care of your sensitive skin in summer. Along with creating a healthy lifestyle, you should create a good skincare regime with natural and safe products that will help you provide proper nourishment and care for your skin.
- What is sensitive skin?
The word ‘sensitive’ generally refers to skin that is more prone to irritation. Each individual's inflammation may have a different underlying cause. Harmful chemicals, artificial colors, and toxic fragrances found in some poor-quality skincare products might cause more issues for people with sensitive skin.
- What should I avoid if I have sensitive skin?
Preservatives, parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate (the ingredients that make your shampoo or cleanser foam), and mineral oils are some of the most common ingredients to avoid for people with sensitive skin. You should also remember ‘what works for someone else may not always work for you.’
|Popular Search Terms|
vitamin e for skin, scar removal cream, best oil for baby massage, Underarm whitening cream, bhringraj oil benefits, charcoal face mask benefits, what is charcoal, coconut milk benefits, cucumber benefits, dead skin, hair smoothening, baldness, how to use coffee for skin whitening, how to use honey for skin whitening, hair density, keratin, niacinamide serum benefits, pimple, rashes on baby skin, rice water benefits, benefits of rose water on face, saffron benefits for skin, Serum, vitamin c serum benefits, best hair oil for hair growth and thickness, how to use cleanser, skin lightening cream, how to remove acne marks, liquid detergent, acne face wash, best lip balm, best concealer, lipstick color, lip care, glossy lips, pimple gel