Strawberries are those juicy red berries that almost everyone loves. Be it a seven-year-old kid or a forty-year-old adult, these red-colored juicy berries can be the perfect companion for a sunny summer’s day. But you would be surprised to know that these berries are just as effective in treating your skincare concerns. Loaded with antioxidants and vitamins, it benefits your skin by delivering a ton of anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and beauty benefits that keep the skin healthy.
From being a juicy fruit to adding to a smoothie to making it a milkshake or eating it in ice cream, strawberries are versatile because they can be included in any refreshing diet. They could even do their bit in helping us negate the harmful effects of stress, environmental changes, and a sedentary lifestyle.
Using strawberries for skin care works wonders for people of all age groups. They can be easily incorporated into any diet, and their pulp can also be applied topically. This delicious, red-colored fruit packs some serious skincare benefits that have grabbed our attention, and we will be analyzing their benefits today.
What are Strawberries?
Do you think that strawberries are a single fruit? If yes, you might be wrong. Strawberries are multiple fruits as they consist of many tiny fruits, all embedded in one receptacle. They are part of a rose family. Each strawberry consists of 200 seeds. The fruit was first cultivated in Brittany, France, in 1700. More than six hundred varieties of strawberries in the world differ in flavor, size, and texture.
Skincare experts believe that strawberry benefits for skin and health in various ways. It contains proteins, vitamins C and K, manganese, folate, potassium, magnesium, essential antioxidants, and polyphenols. They keep the skin cells rejuvenated and fresher.
How can strawberries be your skin’s first love?
Strawberries top the chart when it comes to finding natural skincare ingredients. Like most vitamin c-enriched fruits, these citrus fruits provide immunity to the skin cells and make them better prepared to deal with environmental changes.
Being rich in Vitamin C and Alpha Lipoic Acid, strawberries protect your skin from free radicals. When triggered by environmental elements, the latter speed up multiple signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. Besides being a natural hydrating agent, it also helps brighten the skin for a more vibrant and radiant complexion.
Benefits of Strawberry for Home-based Skin Care Routines
These juicy, red-colored tiny fruits are easy to find in all parts of the world. The following pointers describe some of the best-known strawberry benefits for skin.
- Delays signs of aging: Strawberries contain ellagic acid and antioxidants that help protect the skin against damage caused by free radicals. Environmental stressors such as stress, pollution, and harmful UV rays cause oxidative stress in the skin, making it appear unattractive and aged.
Backed by ellagic acid and Vitamin C antioxidants, strawberries produce a strong photoprotective effect on our skin. The latter protects us from UV damage and thus prevents collagen destruction. It also prevents wrinkles and fine lines, thus making our skin look healthier and younger.
- Brightens the skin complexion: As a rich source of Vitamin C and Alpha –Hydroxy-Acids, strawberries benefits for skin whitening by improving collagen production. Strawberries contain AHAs that help eliminate dead skin cells and cleanse the skin. This helps rejuvenate the damaged skin, providing you with a glowing complexion.
- Soothes puffy eyes: Is not waking up to puffy and tired eyes every morning disheartening? Strawberries are the solution to this problem as they are a huge source of astringent properties.
They help depuff the areas under your eyes, making them look m0re brighter. Then, AHAs gently exfoliate the area, draining the lymphatic nodes and making the skin much smoother.
- Reduces dark spots, blemishes, and dark circles: Strawberries contain two essential ingredients which target several skin concerns. Naturally enriched with Salicylic Acid and Ellagic Acid, strawberries help cure hyperpigmentation, dark spots, acne, and acne scars.
These two nutrients are also effective in removing dead skin cells and tightening skin pores, thus giving you clear skin. It helps to make the skin under your eyes look smoother and tight.
- Prevents breakouts: If incorporated into a regular skincare regime, strawberries help fight acne as they contain salicylic acid. This ingredient unclogs pores which help rid of dead skin cells, dirt, and impurities, leading to clean and clear skin. Also, it tightens the skin pores to help prevent future acne breakouts.
- Heals chapped lips: You have often noticed many brands offering lip balms that contain strawberries. One of the best strawberry benefits for skin is that it comes with the ability to nourish and hydrate dry and chapped lips.
It also contains salicylic acid that gently scrubs the dead skin cells on your lips. You should thus apply some strawberry skin pulp and rub it all over your lips or use a moisturizing lip balm to make your lips soft, pink, and supple.
- Softens feet: Known for calming and soothing sensitive skin, strawberries benefit in calming skin concerns such as skin dermatitis, itching, and eczema. This red-colored citrus fruit can also help you get soft skin under your feet. Regular foot scrub or body lotion application will help you improve skin health under your feet by treating cracks and blemishes.
- Healthy nails: Do you have dry and brittle nails? If yes, then including strawberries in your diet will help you get healthy skin and make your nails healthy. These citrus fruits are rich in biotin, Vitamin C, and Folic Acid, which play a crucial role in cell formation. This assists in growing strong, shiny, and long nails.
- Hydrates skin cells: These juicy fruits are rich in essential vitamins and antioxidants. Strawberries benefit the skin extra hydrated for your skin, which slows aging by boosting collagen production and maintaining the skin’s elasticity.
Health Benefits of Strawberry for Skin
Strawberries are irresistible. From the refreshing fragrance to the juicy deliciousness, there are many reasons why it has become everyone’s favorite fruit. Many skincare brands have started using it in their products as it comes packed with essential nutrients and health benefits.
Let’s have a look at these benefits of Strawberry for Skin.
- Enhances immune system: Packed with an immunity-boosting ingredient such as Vitamin C, which was relevant during the pandemic, a single serving of the fruit can fulfill half of your daily requirement.
As human bodies cannot produce or retain Vitamin C, it becomes crucial to include it in our diet. It triggers immunity-boosting antibodies like immunoglobulin that keep us safe from environmental triggers.
- Regulates blood pressure: Eating a few strawberries a day is good for skin and health. It controls blood pressure and provides immunity. Enriched with anthocyanins and antioxidants, strawberries benefit in expanding the lining of blood vessels and lowering blood pressure. This keeps the blood pressure under control. Also, it helps reduce BP by neutralizing the effects of sodium.
- Combats eye blindness: Strawberries benefit eye health by preventing cataracts, a condition in which the eye lens could cloud, leading to blindness if not treated. Enriched with Vitamin C, strawberries protect the eyes from this damage. They also prevent other eye infections such as Conjunctivitis, Keratitis, macular degeneration, and other eye diseases.
- Improves brain health: Strawberries make your brain active and healthier for longer as consuming them protects the brain cells from free radical damage. The active action of flavonoids and anthocyanidins has the potential to inhibit memory from declining. Also, it prevents diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s’ by reducing the accumulation of several toxic proteins.
- Promotes digestion: Tired of suffering from indigestion issues such as constipation and inflammation? Having strawberries in your diet can help rule them out as they are rich in fiber, which increases the body’s production of a hormone that promotes metabolism and suppresses appetite. These fruits also resist the spread of type 2 diabetes by slowing the absorption of sugars in the blood.
How to introduce Strawberries into your Skincare Routine?
As nature always gives us in its most abundant form, there are plenty of uses of strawberries for skin. Truly, the inner bodily system will thank you for eating these juicy, red-colored fruits.
Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C. Also known as ascorbic acid, this nutrient helps fight several skin aging issues and makes it radiant, and healthy. That is why we have some simple ways through which you can include these strawberries into your skincare routine.
- Skin rejuvenation: Strawberries can help rejuvenate the skin by removing the dirt and impurities clogged into the skin. You can mash 3-4 strawberries in a bowl and filter the juice with a clean muslin cloth. Then, apply it all over the face or body and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it with cold water.
Otherwise, you can buy yourself a toxin-free body wash to help eliminate impurities and dirt from the body. We thus welcome you to try Mamaearth Strawberry Body Wash- it will help you gently cleanse the skin without drying out the skin. It will also keep you smelling fresh all day by fighting germs and bacteria.
- Cleansing skin pores: By mixing strawberries and honey, you can create an exfoliating body scrub. Mash the strawberries in such a way that seeds remain in them. Add three drops of warm water to the water. Gentle massage the skin with the mixture for 10-15 minutes. Then, wash it off with cold water. You can do this three times a week.
- Toning: A great face toner will help you deeply cleanse your skin and tighten your skin pores. Grind a handful of strawberries and extract their juice. Now mix two spoons of juice in cold rose water. Apply it all over the face with a cotton ball before sleeping. Strawberries are very effective when it comes to their benefits for skin whitening too.
Strawberry Body Wash:
While a kids-specific product, our Strawberry Body Wash gently cleanses the skin and offers a nourishing bathing experience. It is a sulfate-free skincare product that works for daily use too. It is free from harmful toxins, which is why it is safe for your children.
It features strawberry as its main ingredients and oat amino acids and glycerin. They provide deep nourishment and make the skin refreshed. You would find that effect after you bathe your child with it.
Strawberry Body Lotion:
If you are looking for a toxin-free body lotion for your child, we recommend you try our Strawberry Body Lotion. It offers long-lasting moisturization and nourishment to the skin. It locks moisture into the skin, making it soft and supple.
It also features strawberries and is enriched with shea butter, murumuru butter and coconut oil. These ingredients help provide deep nourishment and thus keep seasonal dryness at bay.
TipWe also recommend applying nourishing hand cream on your hand at night as it will fight the dryness issues and make your hand soft.
Besides these effects on the skin, strawberries also benefit us to have a better skincare experience. They are a rich source of vitamins and minerals and are low in calories which help in fighting various health issues. Strawberries can be included in your diet or applied to the skin directly or via natural products dedicated to your skincare routine.
However, be careful when you are using strawberry-infused products. We advise conducting a patch test and observing the results for some time. We recommend you opt for a skincare brand that is home-grown and natural.
- Is strawberry good for skin whitening?
Yes. The salicylic acid in strawberries reduces and fades away hyperpigmentation and dark spots. Strawberries are a great exfoliator and remove the dead skin cells that pull your skin down. It also tightens the pores and prevents further blemishes from forming.
|Popular Search Terms|
Acne and Pimples, Skin Care Routine for dry skin, Blackheads and Whiteheads, Uneven Skin Tones, Ashwagandha Benefits, Neem benefits, Hair Care Tips, Best Oil for baby Massage, Serum, Sunscreen, How to remove dark circles, how to remove tan, Skin Care Tips, Arrowroot Powder, Citronella Oil, Coconut Milk Benefits, Acne Marks Vs Acne Scars, Hibiscus Uses, Double Cleansing, Sulphate and Paraben Free Shampoo, Green Tea Benefits for Skin, Cucumber Benefits for skin, Conditioner, Perfume, Deodorants, Serum, Sunscreen, Scrub, Honey Benefits for skin, Shikakai Benefits for Hair, Wrinkles on face,