Fruits, nuts, veggies – you would want your child to explore many tastes once they become toddlers. This phase is exciting and fun, but sometimes a bit terrifying too. You get to know what your child likes and dislikes and can endure through the day so that you mix and match their food daily. This is where a fruit called blueberry comes in. It has a high concentration of vitamins and antioxidants, and this makes baby care products featuring blueberry’s benefits too good to pass up.
Blueberry features many nourishing properties that are seldom spoken about. From offering good health to glowing skin, this fruit is your munchkin’s route to good health. In this article, we will take you through the benefits of introducing blueberries into your child’s food and bath routine. We will also discuss the ideal order to use baby skin care products.
Blueberry: Definition, Origin, and History
Blueberry belongs to a group of perennial flowering plants that bear purple-colored fruits. They are native to North America and come under Cyanococcus and the genus Vaccinium. This genus includes other fruits like cranberries, huckleberries, bilberries, etc.
The Native Americans were the first to explore this blue-colored nutritious fruit’s cosmetic, medicinal, and culinary benefits. About 3,000 years ago, the first high bush of blueberries was cultivated commercially. Today, the growth of blueberries in North America is estimated to be one billion pounds.
A beginner’s guide to baby bath routine
Now, being a parent takes a toll on your daily routine. We understand that. We are here to help you break the chaos that runs through your mind when your baby’s bath time is approaching. This is what an ideal bathing routine for a kid should look like:
- A gentle massage: When you massage your baby via baby oil, it helps strengthen their bones and muscles. Your baby stays on an expedition all day long. A massage with the right pressure helps relieve muscle pain and relaxes the baby. It also helps him calm down mentally.
We recommend you pick the right massage oil because it will help your baby with faster growth and development. Mamaearth Soothing Massage Oil for Babies gives you a beautiful blend of essential oils that calm your baby’s mind and enrich his skin with vital antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Did you know?A gentle massage at least twice a day will help your baby sleep better and properly digest his food. This will have a positive effect on his health.
- It’s time for some bubble fun: After a good massage, your baby feels energetic and in a fairly good mood. It’s time for a bubble bath. Giving him a bath with lukewarm water once a day helps him detox his mind and body. It kills all the bad bacteria sticking to his body while he is busy making you run. It also helps him enjoy better hygiene from day one.
Mamaearth Deeply Nourishing Body Wash brings you home to fun and natural nourishment in a bottle. It helps gently clean your child’s skin, keeping their skin hydrated and balancing their skin’s pH naturally.
A nice bath once a day will keep your baby feeling refreshed and help you bond with your munchkin. You should check that the water is lukewarm and not too hot for your baby’s delicate skin.
- Hair washing is necessary: You should create and follow personalized skin care and hair care routines for your baby. Always opt for a tear-free shampoo for your baby; it would keep his scalp clean and healthy.
When picking the right shampoo, make sure that you choose the one that has more naturally nourishing ingredients. Mamaearth Gentle Cleansing Shampoo has natural cleansers that keep your baby’s scalp free from infections and hair healthy.
Washing your baby’s hair at least twice or thrice a week helps maintain hair hygiene. It keeps their scalp clean and helps reduce fungus infections like cradle cap or eczema.
- Powder up & refresh: After patting dry your baby’s wet skin with a soft towel, you should apply powder on their body for effective sweat absorption. Kids are active throughout the day, and excessive sweat can create the risk of a rash or skin infections.
Mamaearth Dusting Powder For Babies should be your ideal pick for your child. It keeps skin infections at bay and is talc-free to avoid respiratory problems. It has natural ingredients that keep your baby’s skin naturally healthy.
Tip:Ensure to dab some powder on the baby’s diaper area whenever you change nappies. It absorbs wetness and keeps the baby’s tender skin free from infections.
- Bid farewell to rashes: If your baby resists or cries every time you touch them near the diaper area, they might have painful rashes. To prevent them, you should apply a good diaper rash cream on the sides of your baby’s private parts and buttocks for effective results. You may note that rashes and fungal infections are often caused due to a lack of hygiene, which may hurt your baby’s growth in many ways.
Mamaearth Diaper Rash Cream For Babies gives your baby’s skin the nourishment it deserves. It prevents your child’s skin from becoming dry and irritated. Effective moisturization and hydration are the key benefits offered by this cream. You should apply this cream whenever you change your child’s diapers. It will keep your baby’s skin healthy, hydrated, and rash-free.
- Moisturization alert: Lastly, moisturizing your baby’s facial and body skin is important. It helps prevent the chafing of the clothes and decreases friction between your baby’s clothes and the skin.
Mamaearth Milky Soft Body Lotion and Face Cream help fulfill your final goals easily. It has the nourishing goodness of Milk Protein and Shea Butter that gives intense hydration and care to your baby’s gentle skin. Apply these right after you give your baby a good bath. It helps prevent their skin from getting dry and flaky, especially during winter.
Now that you know the perfect bathing routine for your little one, you can also begin your baby’s oral-care hygiene routine when their little pearly teeth begin to appear. We will now mention some of the amazing benefits of blueberry for skin below:
Benefits of using Blueberry for Baby’s Skincare
- Antioxidants: Using a toxin-free blueberry body lotion or cream for a baby’s skincare regimen works wonders. The natural goodness of this blue-colored, antioxidant-rich fruit removes dryness and inflammation from your baby’s body. It nourishes his skin with vital antioxidants that fight oxidative stress and radical damage.
- Vitamins: Research says this fruit is rich in essential vitamins like Vitamin C and E that enrich your child’s skin with great care. It comes with natural skin-brightening properties that make your sweet pea’s skin look naturally radiant.
- Health: To promote your baby’s skin health, you should apply some toxin-free blueberry lotion on them. It would improve hair growth with a lasting effect. It would also keep your baby’s skin naturally hydrated and nourished.
How to know if your kid is allergic to blueberries?
While blueberry benefits are plenty, you should also know when to stop giving them to your little one. You may not notice allergic reactions at first, but a closer inspection may tell you a different story.
Here are some instances when you should not use blueberry-enriched baby care products for your little munchkin:
- Your kid’s eyelids might be swelling up
- Visibly swollen lips
- An upset stomach
- Irritable rashes on your baby’s skin
- Red and itchy eyes
If your baby has eczema, we suggest you consult a doctor before applying anything to his skin. Such conditions may require the assistance of a medical professional, and you should act promptly.
Mamaearth’s bestsellers to try
You already have a fair idea of what your baby may want at a certain time. Bringing nature and technology together, we have curated the best for your little one to show we care. You may opt for our wide range of safe and gentle baby care products made of toxin-free ingredients.
Enriched with the benefits of blueberry, here are some baby care products you should consider using for your baby:
- Mamaearth Brave Blueberry Body Wash For Kids
If you want to provide a refreshing bathing experience to your baby, you should keep this product handy with you. This safe, gentle, and toxin-free body wash features only natural ingredients that make your baby’s skin healthier and shinier every time it is used.
Mamaearth Brave Blueberry Body Wash has the goodness of Blueberry, Oat Amino Acids, and Glycerin. At the same time, blueberry benefits your kid’s skin with essential vitamins, and Oat Amino Acids help soften his skin. Glycerin helps in effective skin hydration, and its moisturizing properties make his skin smoother.
This sulfate-free body wash makes blueberry uses for skin friendlier to use. It is dermatologically tested, cruelty-free, and MadeSafe Certified.
- Mamaearth Brave Blueberry Body Lotion For Kids’
Skin nourishment is an important aspect for toddlers and young children. Your little munchkin stays occupied in exploring new arenas of interest every day. Exposure to dirt, dust, UV rays and the external environment’s harmful pollutants may make your baby’s skin dull and dry.
To combat such after-effects of their little and beautiful adventures, Mamaearth Brave Blueberry Body Lotion is here. It offers the best of blueberry’s benefits for skin care and has Kokum Butter, Shea Butter, and Coconut Oil. The trio moisturizes your child’s skin and keeps it away from dryness.
At the same time, blueberry nourish the skin with Vitamins C & E, Kokum, and Shea Butter to protect your baby’s skin from dryness. They shield your little one’s delicate skin from external aggressors. They make your baby’s skin soft, smooth, and supple with every application.
What’s the best part about this body lotion? It is natural, dermatologically tested, cruelty-free, and suited for all skin types. It is also MadeSafe Certified and naturally nourishing.
PS:These two products are meant for children over two years of age, not for babies.
Blueberry is a natural ingredient with amazing skin and health benefits. Besides nourishing the skin, it helps with effective blood circulation and physical and muscular growth. Native to Americans, blueberry is said to be a versatile yet fruitful food of all times.
Exploring its versatility by using it in skincare and baby care products, we open doors to new and better possibilities for sustainability. Your child brings you immeasurable joy, and we wish to add to their care by helping you use the products correctly.
When using baby care products in the right manner, you are assuring your kid’s healthy growth and development. It helps provide effective results in the least possible time. Our baby care range helps you enjoy the best of blueberries’ benefits for your little munchkin.
We know how hard parenting can get. It comes with a lot of joy, ecstasy, and life-changing responsibilities. New or not, if you are working at it, we know you are doing the best you can. With us, take a step ahead to master your parenting skills most beautifully. Happy parenting to you!
- Do blueberries improve the skin?
Yes. Blueberry has naturally nourishing properties that give your skin a bright and radiant glow. It nourishes your skin with vital antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to keep it flawless. Since babies may not eat it, we recommend using a body lotion enriched with blueberries for a better result.
- Is blueberry good for a six-month-old baby?
Yes. Studies have shown that blueberries can be given to children as young as 8-9 months. It is a fruit that is rich in various vitamins and antioxidants. Apart from this, it also comes with several health benefits, as we just spoke about.
- Can blueberries cause a rash in babies?
Blueberries rarely come with adverse effects, but yes, if your baby is allergic to blueberries, the chances of having a rash are there. It can also cause redness or itchiness in the eye, swollen eyelids, swelling on the lips, etc. If your family has a history of adverse reactions to blueberries, we suggest you consult a doctor before consuming it.
|Popular Search Terms
black spots on face, how to grow beard faster, aloe vera for hair, skin complexion meaning, arrowroot powder, how to remove whiteheads, how to stop hair fall immediately, hair care tips, biotin for hair, best facial kit, how to reduce dark circles, how to increase hair growth, what is glycerin, what are blackheads, bath soap, how to take care of skin, How to moisturize skin , hair cuticle, best soap for skin brightening, what is mild shampoo, Non Comedogenic face wash, serum for face, skin brighting body wash, how to apply serum on the face, how to get thick hair, how to control hair fall for women Best Cold Cream for Face in Winters, yogurt benefits, how to use hair conditioner, how to use sunscreen on face, how to use Rose Water for face, which cream is best for skin brightening?, best chemical free shampoo, best makeup remover in india, Best eye cream for dark circles in India, best liquid lipstick shades for long lasting, how to use aloe vera gel on face, flaky skin, how to use face serum, best shampoo, baby kit price, best baby products