Dry skin, itchiness, and irritation are common signs that your skin needs urgent hydration. Just like your body cannot survive without water for long, your skin can’t stay healthy without adequate moisturization. We are thus discussing the importance of hydrated skin, and answers to how you may moisturize your skin naturally. This article will thus help you devise a normal skincare routine safely and effectively.
You may not be a skincare enthusiast, but you would not want to see your skin affected by dryness and rashes. Sometimes, the stress of meeting deadlines, work, and personal priorities takes up too much space to make some time for skincare. But moisturized skin feels different. It looks healthy and radiant for using cosmetics too!
What is Skin Moisturization?
Skin moisturization is giving back your skin the essential nutrients lost in the cleansing process through specific skincare products like face cream. It helps your skin to look fresh, revitalized, and naturally healthy. It helps strengthen the skin’s protective barrier against exogenous environmental factors.
It is seen that your skin type plays an important role in identifying the face moisturizer you might require. It is because the texture and formulation of the skin care product are designed to meet your skin needs in a certain way. So, always pick your skin’s BFF carefully. What you apply to your skin will always affect your appearance.
A Simple Guide to the Perfect Skincare Routine
A skincare routine involves all the procedures from cleansing to detoxifying and moisturizing your skin to make it look its best every day. These basic steps make the foundation of the care regimen for every skin type. So, let’s take a look at every step in detail to understand this intricate process closely:
Step 1: Wash away the impurities – When we talk about washing the impurities, we mean cleaning your face with a mild and gentle face wash. It helps you to start on a clean slate. A face cleanser helps remove dirt, dust, and grease. These irritants may clog your pores and dull your skin if not removed properly.
Ideally, you should use a face wash twice a day. It helps remove easy dirt and gives your facial skin a vibe of freshness. It is an important step towards maintaining your skin’s hygiene. We recommend you use your face cleanser consistently for at least four to eight weeks to see your desired results.
Step 2: Exfoliate your pores – As important as cleansing your face, exfoliation has its merits too. It is a process where you use a face scrub to wash away stubborn impurities and dirt and clean pores effectively. It has a beady texture that makes it easy to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells from your skin.
We suggest you use a face scrub twice a week consistently for a minimum of four to eight weeks to witness the desired results. It will help make your skin rejuvenated, youthful, and naturally radiant.
Step 3: Uplift your skin – Once the cleansing process is complete, it is time to tone your skin with essential nutrients. Harsh cleansers rob your skin of its natural oils and cause it to look dry and bogged down. This is where you use a face toner to give your skin the love it needs.
You should use face toner too. It is a watery-textured liquid that fills your facial pores with vital nutrients and minerals required to maintain health. It makes your skin look brighter, more beautiful, and radiant with every application. We suggest you consistently use it once a day for at least eight weeks to see effective results on your skin.
Step 4: Hydration is important – Fourth in line comes moisturization of your face. Hydrating your skin helps return the lost nutrients in the most effective way possible. Using a safe and gentle face moisturizer helps keep dryness at bay. It also stops the skin cells from feeling itchy or inflamed all the time.
This skincare product should contain more than what you are looking for. After going through the above skincare steps, it should contain multi-faceted ingredients that give your skin the care it needs. We suggest you use it twice a day to see your skin meet all the goals you set for it!
PS: You may also use a face mask once a week for better results.
Step 5: Your under-eye skin is important – Your eyes express much more than your words. Taking care of your under-eye skin is important as it is far more delicate than your facial skin. It is because your stressed lifestyle can be completely visible through your skin’s health. The dark circles, fine lines, and eye bags are just the tip of the iceberg.
You should use a safe and toxin-free under-eye cream to beat these issues. It would also help to keep the under-eye skin young, bright, and naturally healthy by using nourishing ingredients. It should be used in the PM routine for at least four to eight weeks to achieve your desired results.
Step 6: Shield your skin with care – Whether you are home or out all day, your skin constantly remains in touch with the external aggressors of the environment. Skin protection begins with wearing SPF daily. Your AM skincare routine is incomplete without an SPF application.
Sunscreen helps shield your skin from oxidative stress and radical damage that may happen when in contact with the aggressors. So, wind up your skincare regimen with a good sunscreen that is easy to absorb and leaves no white cast after application!
Did you know? As important as it is to keep your skin moisturized at all times, over-moisturization can lead to oil deposits and even unwanted breakouts.
Myths about using a face moisturizer
Skin hydration can’t just be called a need. It is a mix of necessities, wants, and luxury. While we all have our inhibitions about using a face moisturizer, here are some myths that you need to be aware of before making a choice:
1. They are all the same: The first myth is the most popular and common among the masses, that all face moisturizers are the same. When you think of how to moisturize your skin, you should also understand that not everything available will serve your purpose.
We suggest you take some time to identify your skin type. You should closely examine your skincare needs and then check if your moisturizer meets them all. For instance, if you want to moisturize dry skin, you should look for a moisturizer that promises long-lasting hydration without causing any greasiness.
2. If your moisturizer has SPF, no sunscreen is needed: Today, several skincare essentials come with SPF content and work towards combating damage done by UV rays. But it is a myth that you should not use sunscreen if your face cream has SPF protection.
You should use sunscreen regardless of the SPF amount present in the moisturizer. It is because the primary function of the latter is to protect your skin from dryness, while the former works towards shielding your skin from sun damage. You should keep it in mind before opting for a moisturizer.
3. Moisturizers are only meant for people with dry skin: Dry skin comes with a little extra work and maintenance but moisturizers aren’t meant just for people with this skin type only. Every skin type, from normal to sensitive skin, needs its specific moisturizer.
So, their composition might vary according to your skin texture, but these skincare beauties aren’t just meant for people with dry skin. It is advisable to use a moisturizer at least twice a day, especially after a face wash.
4. Men with beards need not care about moisturization: A bearded look is welcomed among men of all age groups. However, what’s uncommon is that they do not discuss the importance of moisturizing the skin underneath it.
Just like you maintain your beard’s health by cleansing, combing, and oiling it regularly, you must moisturize the skin under the beard to avoid skin itchiness and irritation. So, do not heed this myth and help others if you find them in a dilemma!
4 Natural ingredients to moisturize skin
Nature has a different beauty that calls to your soul. It has a solution to every problem. From Ayurveda being the medicinal cure for diseases to showing how to moisturize the skin, we have all seen a versatile side of Mother Nature.
Let’s look at them all, one by one:
1. Honey: Made by thousands of honey bees over a long period, honey tops the list of natural moisturizers for the skin. It is the nectar collected from different flowers and stored to gain the golden texture it has.
It nourishes the skin deeply and contains anti-inflammatory properties that help calm irritated skin. It offers deep hydration and moisturization to your skin, making it look supple, beautiful, and radiant.
2. Saffron: Handpicked by cultivators from the heavenly abode of India, saffron offers multiple skincare benefits. It is one beauty ingredient that can moisturize the skin at a cellular level. Grown in Kashmir, this skincare essential has varied qualities and is a boon to your facial skin.
It enriches your face with essential antioxidants and nutrients to make it look naturally healthy. Saffron helps enhance skin tone and fights problems like hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and acne. It also has several anti-inflammatory properties that soothe skin irritation.
3. Gotu Kola: A seldom-talked-about ingredient, Gotu Kola brings you home to healthy skin with every usage. It has skin-brightening properties that help in giving you an even skin tone. It is also known to soothe and calm irritated skin.
Enriched with several important antioxidants and minerals, Gotu Kola also boosts collagen synthesis to restore skin firmness and elasticity. It has excellent hydrating benefits and makes your face look naturally youthful and healthy.
4. Vitamin E: Derived naturally from seeds, nuts, fruits, and vegetables, Vitamin E offers so much more than just hydration. It also has amazing skin-healing properties that make your face look supple and youthful.
Vitamin E helps strengthen the skin barrier and thus prevents rashes and inflammation. It also combats free radicals and gives you soft, smooth skin that feels so good to the touch.
Have you tried our Vitamin C Oil-Free Face Moisturizer?
At Mamaearth, we commit to the Goodness of Nature in the most diligent way possible. We strive to give you the best of nature and skincare with every product. From a quick-absorbing cold cream that keeps your skin hydrated during winter to a face gel that keeps acne away, we have skin care products for everyone.
Presenting Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Face Moisturizer – your skin’s non-greasy BFF. If you are looking for a face pack to moisturize skin, this seems to be the best for different skin types. It gets absorbed quickly and leaves your skin feeling fresh and glowing. Best suited for Indian weather, it comes with the long-lasting goodness of various natural ingredients like:-
1. Vitamin C: A natural skin-illuminating agent, Vitamin C is naturally derived from citrus fruits. It helps fight off hyperpigmentation and dark spots and promotes an even skin tone. It clears your skin naturally to give you long-lasting radiance.
2. Gotu Kola: It has excellent hydrating and anti-aging benefits for your skin. It boosts collagen production and maintains your skin’s firmness and elasticity. It also works as a natural SPF, protecting the skin against UV damage.
3. Vitamin E: It is a naturally derived vitamin that enhances your skin’s protective barrier. It has anti-inflammatory properties to soothe any skin irritation. Plus, it offers intense hydration and suppleness to your skin in no time.
4. Turmeric: A spice with several anti-inflammatory and anti-aging benefits, Turmeric helps keep your skin youthful and naturally beautiful. In addition, it has vital antioxidants that are essential for your skin’s health and look.
Now that you know ways to moisturize your skin with natural ingredients, you must also know that addressing vital changes to your food habits and lifestyle is equally important. You should eat veggies, have a balanced diet, stay stress-free, and have a restful sleep. They will help in giving you the skin of your dreams. Happy skincare to you!
- Why is my skin so dry even after moisturization?
If your skin shows intense dryness, you may have a dry skin texture. Although a thick moisturizer or aloe vera gel should work, you should also seek professional help to make a better decision.
- Does aloe vera moisturize skin?
A: Yes. Aloe Vera has amazing hydration properties that offer intense moisturization to your skin, making it look naturally healthy and beautiful. It contains over 70 potentially active nutrients like vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, lignin, and saponins. Being enriched with salicylic acid and amino acid makes it even better for regular use.
Does rose water moisturize skin?
- Does rose water moisturize skin?
Yes. Rose water offers deep hydration to all skin types and thus helps provide natural radiance. In addition, it contains phenolics and vitamin C that make it a natural, safe, and gentle anti-inflammatory agent to soothe skin rashes.
|Popular Search Terms|
niacinamide, how to remove pimples, rose water, how to remove tan from face, how to remove tan, cucumber benefits, pigmentation on face, vitamin e for skin, keratin shampoo benefits, beauty tips, coconut milk benefits, tangled meaning, best hair oil for hair growth, makeup steps, black spots on face, how to grow beard faster, aloe vera for hair, skin complexion meaning, arrowroot powder, how to remove whiteheads, how to stop hair fall immediately, hair care tips, biotin for hair, best facial kit, how to reduce dark circles, how to increase hair growth, what is glycerin, what are blackheads, bath soap, how to take care of skin