When our skin feels dehydrated during the day, even after applying moisturizer on the face and body, we should use a face gel. Whether skimping on the daily moisturizing routine or treating the skin naturally, the most modest and beneficial plant on your balconies is aloe vera. Most people use it for its cool and soothing gel that helps treat various blemishes on the face.
It is a green-colored cactus-like plant with a transparent gel. People drink its juice and apply its gel on their faces. They also shop for natural cosmetics which contain aloe vera gel. Surely, the craze for this calming and soothing ingredient has stood the test of time. It can be your go-to fixture in your skincare regimen, whether you have oily, dry, normal, or sensitive skin.
You should feel lucky if you have it on your balcony or backyard. This short-stemmed plant might be the perfect energy source to make your skin healthy. Irrespective of what day it is or what moment it is, you can apply aloe vera gel for face or skin, as the natural gel will provide you with bright skin immediately, with minimal effort.
However, we have mentioned everything you want to know about this extremely beneficial gel-like liquid and how you can take your skincare regimen to the next level by regularly applying some aloe vera gel on your facial skin.
Also known as ‘Aloe Barbadensis Miller, aloe vera offers multiple uses for medicinal and healing. It was once regarded as ‘the panacea’ by scientists in ancient Greece and ‘the plant of immortality in Egypt. There are approximately 420 varieties of this green-colored plant, and they are all used in Ayurveda for treating various illnesses.
There are various ways in which aloe vera can be used because it works wonders for the skin and hair. Naturally backed by seventy-five active constituents – vitamins, minerals, enzymes, sugars, lignin, saponins, salicylic acid, and amino acids, it offers moisturizing and repairing benefits to the skin. It is also just as useful if used on hair to treat dandruff, hair fall, and ruptured cuticles.
Did you know?An aloe vera leaf has mainly three layers. The innermost layer contains 99% water content and essential amino acids. Glucomannans, sterols, lipids, and vitamins. The middle layer is made of latex, a yellow sap, and contains glycosides and anthraquinones.
The outermost layer forms a rigid structure. Its role is to protect the inner content of the leaf and synthesize essential nutrients in the leaf.
Why is Aloe Vera Gel Great for the Skin?
Thanks to its triple-layered setup, aloe vera directly offers more than 95% of its moisture content to skin cells. Here are some other benefits of using aloe vera gel on the face twice a day:
- Soothes inflammations: Aloe vera is also known as a ‘burn plant’ because it is quite effective in calming down skin inflammations caused by sunburns. It contains several compounds called polysaccharides that help promote a faster rate of cell repair. It also contains carboxypeptidase which helps calm down inflammation.
- Keeps your skin always moisturized: Largely backed by water content, it works like a perfect hydrating agent for your skin cells. In addition, it contains essential compounds such as mucopolysaccharides that help lock the skin’s moisture. Applying aloe vera gel on the face every day keeps the skin softer and smoother.
- Combats multiple signs of aging: Prolonged exposure to various environmental factors might lead to inflammation and soreness. It may also expose the skin to dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars. This happens because the skin momentarily loses some of its cells’ regenerative ability. Aloe vera is a natural hydrating ingredient that helps reverse the changes and thus improves the skin’s elasticity by boosting collagen production.
- Treats acne: Aloe vera naturally contains salicylic acid face wash that helps clean the skin pores more effectively. This helps remove dirt, excess sebum, and dead skin cells that might have otherwise caused acne. Applying aloe vera gel on the face overnight controls the infection and reduces the burning sensation and redness.
- Cleanses the skin: Applying aloe vera to the facial skin works like a charm because this green plant is a natural exfoliant. It contains natural saponins and salicylic acid that naturally exfoliate dead skin cells and infection-causing bacteria from the skin pores.
- Evens skin tone: Due to prolonged exposure to environmental forces, our facial skin may develop white patches on the skin. Applying it regularly is quite effective in restoring the natural and improving the skin tone. It also improves cell regeneration rate and repairs skin tissues.
- Reduces itchiness: Lack of water content in the skin leads to itchy and dry skin, eventually leading to irritated skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Rich in moisturizing properties, aloe vera is quite effective in treating the affected areas, such as the scalp or various parts of the face.
How to use Aloe Vera for Skin and Hair?
Apart from the benefits mentioned above, you can put aloe vera gel to many other uses for your face, skin, and hair. The following pointers would help you know how you can use it to get better results:
- Dry skin: If your skin always remains dry, you should consider applying aloe vera to your face. It would heal and hydrate the skin cells by providing hydration to the deeper layers.
- As an eyebrow conditioner: Applying aloe vera to the skin helps tame and condition the eyebrows. If you want to get your eyebrows to experience faster growth, you should try this gel as an easy and inexpensive option.
- Soothes dry and cracked feet: Nobody wants those cracked heels. But they eventually develop due to a lack of hydration. Massaging the feet with aloe vera gel helps make the skin texture smoother and softer.
- Moisturizes the hair and scalp: Aloe vera is a perfect moisturizing agent that works not only for your skin but for your hair also. It is quite gentle on hair and is easy to wash off too. It helps treat dryness and repairs the scalp’s dead skin. It also helps cure dandruff and excessive hair fall.
- Works as a shaving gel: If your shaving gel is finished, you may also use aloe vera gel on your face to shave your stubble. This natural gel is quite gentle and thus helps treat cuts and burns on the face in a hassle-free manner. It also helps moisturize the skin, something that most shaving creams don’t.
Ice cube rub: Fill the ice cube tray with an aloe vera gel cube, then rub it on your face. All you get is a new shiny, glass skin that helps shrink the pores and lends a beautiful glow to the face.
Using aloe vera on different skin types
Now that you know, aloe vera gel is a perfect solution for all your skincare concerns. It is one wonder ingredient that suits all skin types. Apart from building an aloe-vera-based daily regime, you can surely use aloe vera by formulating different masks for different types of skin.
So, let’s check how you can create an aloe vera face mask:
- Dry skin:
Mix one spoon of lemon juice, one spoon of honey, blended cucumber, one spoon of coconut oil, and one small cup of freshly extracted aloe vera gel into the well and apply it as a pack on your face. Rinse it after 15-20 minutes with cold water. Applying it twice a week will make your dry facial skin plump and soft.
- Sensitive/Normal skin:
Prepare a mix of mashed banana, two spoons of aloe vera gel, and some rose water. Apply the mix on your face, and wait for it until it dries out. Then, wash the face with normal water and apply a face moisturizer.
- Oily skin:
To create an aloe vera-based face mask for oily skin, mix some drops of tea tree oil and aloe vera gel into a small cup, and whisk them well. Leave it overnight and rinse your face with mild water. It helps in preventing oil build-up and acne.
Using aloe vera for improving skin’s texture: Blend aloe vera extracts into smooth juice and add one ripe tomato to it. Mix them in a bowl in equal quantities and apply them on your face using a cotton ball. Rinse it after half an hour with cool water.
5 Expert Tips for Using Aloe Vera Gel for Face Care Regimen
Aloe Vera is a natural humectant and emollient which keeps the skin soft and hydrated. If you want to reap the benefits of this safe and natural gel, you should put it into your daily face care routine. Let’s check out a few tips on using it for your face care routine:
- Cleansing: You should maintain an AM-PM skincare regimen by washing your face with an aloe vera face wash. It would help you get rid of accumulated dirt and lends radiant skin. We recommend choosing a safe and natural formulation such as Mamaearth’s Aloe Vera Face Wash, which is loaded with Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha. It will soothe inflammation, cleanse the skin, and lends a youthful glow.
PS:You should also use a face toner after using a face wash. It will help clean your face better from pollutants and makeup residues.
- Scrub: This is an essential skin care tip that needs to be practiced twice a week. Regular exfoliation with a natural-based face scrub such as Mamaearth Rice Face Scrub helps you clear the skin pores by removing dirt, excess oil, and impurities. It brightens the skin.
- Hydrate: Aloe Vera is a humectant and using it in any form will keep the skin hydrated. Dabbing a pure aloe-vera based face moisturizer on the face and neck will keep the skin soft, hydrated, and glowing at all times.
You may opt for Mamaearth Aloe Vera Oil-Free Face Moisturizer. It has an oil-free and non-greasy formulation that offers hydration for 24 hours. Do remember to maintain an AM-PM skincare routine for healthy glowing skin.
- Lock the hydration in the skin: Apart from locking in the skin’s moisturization, it hydrates the skin, protects it from the sun’s UV rays, promotes collagen production, and lessens pigmentation. You can choose an Aloe Vera Sunscreen Face Serum by Mamaearth, loaded with the goodness of Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha.
- Pamper your face at night: When compared to other skin, facial skin is very delicate and requires more attention. Therefore, we advise you to provide more nourishment to your facial skin by applying a face mask at night. It would provide intense hydration, improve blood circulation, reduce signs of aging, and make it look plump and radiant.
You may also use our Aloe Vera Gel for Skin and Hair if you are looking for a simpler yet effective solution for your skincare and haircare needs. It hydrates the skin cells and soothes irritation, and keeps the scalp free from dryness. This hair and face gel features Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Glycerin, providing deep hydration and strengthening the moisture barrier.
There are plenty of uses for aloe vera for the face and hair. Aloe vera is the best and most widely used ingredient in skincare products. It is a natural ayurvedic treatment that magically treats healthcare concerns. Be it related to hair or skin, adding it to your daily care regimen is something you will never regret.
At Mamaearth, we carefully formulate the products by choosing natural and safe ingredients for the skin. We are Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified Brand and offer a wide range of safe and gentle skincare products for healthy and glowing skin.
- Can I apply aloe vera gel on my face overnight?
Yes, aloe vera gel is safe to keep on your face overnight. We would also recommend using it in place of your moisturizer for the best results.
- When to apply aloe vera gel on the face? (What is the best time to apply aloe vera gel on the face?
Aloe vera gel can be used in place of facial cleansers and moisturizers. You should apply a thin layer of it to your skin in the morning and the evening.
- How can I use aloe vera gel on my face?
After washing your hands, use your fingertips to apply a small amount of gel to your face. Gently cleanse the skin pores with aloe vera using a circular motion. Rinse it after a few minutes with cool water and gently pat it dry with a soft towel. Follow with aloe vera skin toner.
- Does aloe vera whiten skin?
Yes. Aloe vera contains aloin, a natural de-pigmenting compound. Skincare experts believe that it may help with reducing blemishes and hyperpigmentation. The key is to opt for a safe and natural skincare product that does not contain any harmful chemicals so one may reap the best benefits of aloe vera gel.
|Popular Search Terms|
how to remove whiteheads, how to stop hair fall immediately, hair care tips, biotin for hair, best facial kit, how to reduce dark circles, how to increase hair growth, what is glycerin, what are blackheads, bath soap, how to take care of skin, How to moisturize skin , hair cuticle, best soap for skin brightening, what is mild shampoo, Non Comedogenic face wash, serum for face, skin brighting body wash, Best Cold Cream for Face in Winters, yogurt benefits, how to use hair conditioner, how to use sunscreen on face, how to use Rose Water for face, which cream is best for skin brightening?, best chemical free shampoo, best makeup remover in india, Best eye cream for dark circles in India, best liquid lipstick shades for long lasting, how to use aloe vera gel on face