Returning home is always warm and comforting, no matter where you take a trip to. Similarly, nothing feels as relieving as returning to your natural skin after a long and glamorous day. Opting for a safe and gentle makeup remover helps you pick up from where you left yourself earlier in the day. It works as a solution that helps you come back to your natural skin without putting in too much effort.
Most people prefer to use it as a solvent that helps you take off makeup easily without drying it. It can also be used as a cleansing agent to remove pollutants, oil particles, sweat, and dirt from the facial skin cells so your skin may breathe freely again.
What are the Different Types of Makeup Removers?
There are various kinds of removers available in the market today. So if you are looking for one, it is best to know the different types of this skincare product before you shortlist the one that would suit you the best.
- Micellar water: They became a mainstream product a few years back and are still one of the most popular ones picked by people. It has a lighter texture, which helps it stick to the makeup on your skin and break it down effortlessly. These removers also contain mild surfactants within, which makes removing cosmetics an easy job. Using this makeup remover can be a great pick if you need a breezy freshness on your skin.
- Wipes: They look similar to wet wipes but function towards a different cause. They are one of the easiest accessories to remove cosmetics from the face. They aren’t usually limited to a particular skin type and can be used on all kinds of skin. Makeup removal wipes are popular because they serve the urgency of eliminating cosmetics from the face with just a swipe.
- Milk cleansers: We want our skin to look flawless, whether in makeup or not. Milk cleansers offer the nourishment and hydration our skin cells need for proper functioning. These milk-based cleansers consist of emollients that help in soothing the skin and enable intense cleansing of your skin after a long day.
If your primary concern has sufficient hydration on your skin, it is time you switch to one of these. The cleansing process is gentle and easy.
- Foamy cleansers: If you need a good wash and do not want to sit again to clean your makeup from the skin, these cleansers are meant for you. They are made with a gentle cleansing formula that melts makeup and washes away cosmetics and impurities on application.
Some of these are specially formulated to ensure skin nourishment so your skin doesn’t become dry or flaky after application.
- Bi-phasic cosmetic removers: Bi-phasic makeup removers are made with a nice blend of oils and water to enable effective cleanup with every application. The oils in this kind of remover are lightweight and apt for cosmetic removal processes. In addition, they blend well with the skin’s texture to remove kohl marks.
It is common among people with oily skin or a combination of skin types.
- Oil cleansers: These makeup removers contain an oil base that helps break down all kinds of makeup products used on your face. When massaged on the face, they help clean your face quickly and effectively. They help remove traces of grime, dirt, and impurities from your face.
However, one drawback of using these cleansers is that you require double cleansing. It means you should wash your face once again before beginning your skincare routine after makeup removal.
- Cleansing balms: Fairly new in the cosmetics industry, this product can be seen on many shelves these days. Cleansing balms have a thick texture that enables the removal of the toughest waterproof makeup on your skin. In addition, it emulsifies when washed away with water and is suited for dry and combination skin.
Now that you know the different kinds of removers, you now can also pick your favorite and the one that works best for you. The ones we listed above double up as an under-eye makeup remover too. Let’s take you through the importance of using a cosmetic cleanser in your day-to-day life in the next few sections.
Why is a Makeup Remover so Important for your Daily Routine?
No matter your makeup style, if you apply cosmetics to your face, you need to own one. All looks require a makeup remover – whether natural or not- from nude shades to the more glamorous ones. Here is why it should be an essential part of your skincare routine:
- Clean and happier skin: After coming home from a party, do you remain in that attire or switch to the comfiest pair of sweats you own? We all do the latter. Similarly, your skin needs that comfort too. Using a makeup remover ensures that your skin feels clean and happy at the end of the day.
It is because it is not just free from cosmetics but also from dust, dirt, and impurities it faces throughout the day. When you use a makeup remover cleanser, you can cleanse your skin gently and remove makeup in a hassle-free manner.
- Say goodbye to blemishes: Blemishes are often why any of your makeup looks do not turn out how you want them to. But it is often seen that if you gently remove makeup from your face using a toxin-free makeup remover, it reduces the risk of blackheads, pimples, blemishes, or irritation.
Some of us believe makeup remover is just water alone. It is one of the biggest mistakes we could commit. Washing your face with water is great, but it does not remove dirt or makeup effectively from your skin. This clogs your facial pores and makes your skin look dull.
- Breathe in, breathe out: Using a makeup remover helps your skin breathe properly. It helps remove makeup and dead skin cells from the facial skin. So when we make it a point to free our skin from impurities using a cosmetic cleanser, we give our skin a timely breather.
We suggest you use a cleaner that not nourishes your skin and removes harmful bacteria from the skin cells. Let’s keep it simple, effective, and useful.
Are Makeup Remover and Face Toner the Same?
A face toner works towards uplifting your skin cells. As a result, it helps in faster cell repair and regeneration processes. In addition, it balances the pH of your skin and gives it a refined and youthful appearance. A makeup remover is formulated to remove cosmetics, dirt, and impurities from your face. It helps in keeping your skin clean and hygienic all day long.
Picking the best makeup remover in India: 5 Factors you should know
Your skin type is unique, and so should your makeup remover. The main difference between having flawless skin and maintaining it is knowing what to feed your skin. With a little more awareness and initiative, you can make better choices for your skin.
Let’s see the entailed checklist to pick the perfect cosmetic cleaner for you:
- Check the ingredients: Your facial skin is far more delicate than the skin on your body. Yet, it is also the most exposed one to the external environment. It needs adequate hydration and nourishment to eliminate pollutants and toxin particulates. So, it is best to pick a natural makeup remover with more organic ingredients than chemicals. It will help in keeping your skin healthy and clean.
- Keep a tab on the purity standards: Purity standards help you know what should be healthy for your skincare. They also signify if you should be using the product at all. When you are out to shop for makeup remover or water, make sure that it is free from harmful chemicals and toxins. You can also check for certifications signifying attributes like ‘cruelty-free testing’ and ‘dermatologically tested’ products.
- Benefits in-store: Once you know the key ingredients, you will also have a fair idea as to what the benefits are there for you. But taking a glance won’t hurt. You should go for it if multiple benefits align well with your skin care needs. If you feel this is what you want your skin to look like after checking them, buy it without a second thought.
- Comfort: Is the product you picked easy to carry around, especially if you are traveling? Does the usage not require too many precautions to take? If the answer is ‘yes’ to all these questions, you do not have to doubt your choice. However, if you feel the discomfort levels are more than you can take, maybe it is time to switch your preferences to something more comfortable.
- Suitability: We believe every skin type needs special attention and care to maintain and enhance its health. When buying the best makeup remover for yourself, you should first check if it is compatible with your skin type. You might get irritated skin or even painful rashes and breakouts if the product is not suited for your skin type.
Mamaearth products to try
We believe that natural solutions work wonders for all skin types. So no matter your skin type, we have something for everyone. With a nice blend of natural ingredients and today’s technology, we have bestselling products that win hearts and minds everywhere.
Talking of cosmetic removers, we have just what you need. Introducing Mamaearth Micellar Water Foaming Makeup Remover – a natural and nourishing swipe to remove cosmetics in one swipe. It has deep exfoliating properties that help remove dead skin cells from your skin and make it feel revived. In addition, it helps in quick makeup removal and hydrates your skin deeply.
It has the following ingredients:
- Rose Water: Rose water is extracted from natural rose petals, giving your face a refreshed appearance. It has various anti-inflammatory properties that prevent redness or irritation of your skin. In addition, it provides oil control and thus helps maintain your skin’s natural pH balance.
- Glycolic Acid: A natural plant extract, it gives your face the rejuvenation it needs with its exfoliation benefits. It removes skin impurities and helps in tightening pores efficiently. A capable anti-aging agent, it gently soothes your skin and makes it shinier.
- Glycerin: Glycerin is a humectant that provides your skin with sufficient hydration. It also strengthens your skin’s moisture barrier and protects it from irritation. We recommend adding it to your skincare schedule to keep issues like seasonal dryness and inflammation away.
How to use Mamaearth Micellar Water Foaming Makeup Remover?
Beginner or not, many of us miss some crucial steps while removing makeup, especially when it is time to hit the bed. Given below are the directions to use this amazing product:
- Wet your face and neck with water. Then, pump out Micellar Water Foaming Makeup Remover.
- Massage gently all over the face and neck with the help of the built-in soft brush to remove makeup, cleanse deeply & purify clogged pores.
Tip:To clean the brush, dip it in equal parts of vinegar & lukewarm water for 5-10 minutes. Rinse it thoroughly to remove makeup stains.
So, precisely if you are going to start a skincare routine, this is how you should ideally do it:
- Use the makeup remover to clear all the cosmetics from your skin.
- Then, wash your face with a mild and gentle face wash
- Exfoliate well with a natural face scrub
- Apply a face toner for the natural uplifting of your skin
- Use an under-eye cream to maintain healthy skin underneath your eyes
- Hydrate your skin with a nourishing face cream or face moisturizer, but not simultaneously
Tip:If you have an occasion that needs your urgent attention, you can use a face mask for instant hydration and glowing skin.
Skincare is important even after removing makeup from your face. But removing it with only water isn’t always enough. Using the right makeup remover is the best way to clean your skin and start your skincare rituals. Although you may have several choices available in the market, you should follow the above checklist before making a investment. Staying consistent with your skincare schedule would only make the results better!
- What is best for makeup removal?
Makeup removal involves breaking down the remains of cosmetic products from your facial skin and removing them easily. If you are done using skin toners, we advise using Mamaearth Micellar Water Foaming Makeup Remover. It is natural, free from harmful chemicals and toxins, and it nourishes your skin with every use.
- How can I remove makeup naturally?
Cosmetics are made using complex products. The molecules are hard to break when applied to your skin. If left on for long periods, they might clog pores and make your skin look dull and dark. Sometimes, they might also cause some irritation. Thus, removing makeup naturally is not recommended. Instead, we suggest you use Mamaearth Micellar Water Foaming Makeup Remover for the natural nourishment of your skin during makeup removal.
|Popular Search Terms|
rose water, how to remove tan from face, how to remove tan, cucumber benefits, pigmentation on face, vitamin e for skin, keratin shampoo benefits, beauty tips, coconut milk benefits, tangled meaning, best hair oil for hair growth, makeup steps, black spots on face, how to grow beard faster, aloe vera for hair, skin complexion meaning, arrowroot powder, how to remove whiteheads, how to stop hair fall immediately, hair care tips, biotin for hair, best facial kit, how to reduce dark circles, how to increase hair growth, what is glycerin, what are blackheads, bath soap, how to take care of skin, How to moisturize skin , hair cuticle, best soap for skin brightening, what is mild shampoo, Non Comedogenic face wash, serum for face, skin brighting body wash, Best Cold Cream for Face in Winters, yogurt benefits, how to use hair conditioner, how to use sunscreen on face, how to use Rose Water for face, which cream is best for skin brightening?, best chemical free shampoo,