A bowl of yogurt of your favorite flavor to beat the summers? Yes, why not? This homemade, white-colored delicious dairy product doubles up as a cooling remedy for people of all age groups. But did you know that yogurt benefits your skin in ways more than one? It is a natural ingredient that helps your skin get adequate moisture and nutrition.
Yogurt results when some microorganisms are added to pasteurized milk at a certain temperature. This causes bacterial fermentation of the milk and this results in yogurt culture. This mixture, once stable, is then supplemented with different flavors and allowed to freeze. (The microorganisms used are two beneficial bacteria called Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus).
What is the Real Difference Between Curd and Yogurt?
The confusion between curd and yogurt is real, and few know the difference between the two. They offer similar medicinal values, though some important benefits exist. The following pointers mention the differences between the two popular dairy products.
- Formation: Curd is the result of a process called curdling of milk. It is where natural acidic substances are added to the milk to form curd. You can prepare it at home using lime or vinegar.
Yogurt is a fermented milk product that cannot usually be prepared at home. It is made using artificial acids and is best prepared in a food laboratory. However, there are some specific methods that you may use to make it at home, provided you have a yogurt culture or starter.
- Good bacteria ratio: While curd and yogurt both contain good bacteria, the latter has a comparatively higher ratio. Curd has a mix of beneficial bacteria that are both good and bad, but yogurt comes with certain specific bacteria that are good for your health.
- Lactose Intolerance: Lactose intolerance is the inability to digest the natural sugar content in dairy products. People suffering from this issue are advised not to drink milk but can surely eat curd because it has low lactose content. They may also eat yogurt and which is more nutritious than curd.
- Flavors: Curd usually is eaten raw, with salt or sugar. There aren’t any major variations to the flavors you get when you eat curd. But yogurt brings you a variety of flavors to choose from. It has lip-smacking flavors like blueberry, strawberry, black currant, and chocolate. If you wish to be pampered and spoiled for choices, yogurt is your pick for the day!
There are several reasons why you can eat either of the two. While curd provides a cooling effect to your body, yogurt is rich in proteins and minerals. Both these dairy products help promote the healthy functioning of your body. They also strengthen your digestive system.
Benefits of Yogurt for Skin
Dairy products are rich in nutrients and can thus run a close second to some of the best skin care products. If you add curd or yogurt to your regular diet, you can also have better results with your skincare regimen. These two dairy products may help restore your skin’s natural glow and make it smoother.
Here are some of the best-known yogurt benefits for skin care:
- Excellent moisturizer: Applying yogurt to the face can make your skin softer, suppler, and shinier. It also works as an amazing face moisturizer that provides adequate hydration to your facial skin and prevents seasonal dryness.
If your skin is becoming dry and dull, applying some curd may help it get a fresher look. This dairy product provides deep moisturization and helps with faster skin repair. You may wash your face and apply some face cream to nourish skin cells.
- Anti-aging agent: We all want our face to speak for timeless beauty. With time and circumstances, our skin starts showing different signs of aging. Fine lines, blemishes, and wrinkles become a part of the process. Yogurt also offers multiple benefits for the face, provided you stay regular with its usage.
When your skin begins to sag, its cell repair processes slow down. The antioxidants in yogurt help decrease these signs naturally and make your skin look youthful.
- Acne blocker: Tired of sudden breakouts before an important day? It is time to trust natural solutions. Yogurt for oily skin care is a boon that few know of. It has amazing antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help block frequent acne breakouts and free your skin from blemishes.
- Fades hyperpigmentation: Uneven, dull, and dark skin patches aren’t anyone’s favorite. Unfortunately, pigmentation woes are real and quite difficult to combat. Yogurt contains lactic acid and several other good bacteria for your skin that help reduce skin pigmentation. There are plenty of yogurt benefits for the face too.
- Removes dark circles: Dark circles are an after-effect of poor diet, a stressful lifestyle, long screen times, and low sleep levels. They start to become significantly visible if these traits continue to persist.
Yogurt for the face works like a charm. Applying it to your under-eye area would relax your skin naturally and make them look better and healthier. It reduces the swelling and lightens the skin with gentle care to give you happy eyes like never before.
- No skin infections: Tanned? Having any skin allergies? Sunburns? If your answer is affirmative to any or all of them, we get you to have serious concerns related to your skin. Fresh yogurt for skin benefits it in so many ways! It naturally helps treat minor skin infections, wounds, cuts, or allergies.
- Brightens skin: Are you urgently requiring fresh and glowing skin? We understand that everyday hustle and bustle can be a big reason to put skincare on hold. But you can always be available for self-care.
Using yogurt for skin lightening also works nicely. This dairy product has bleaching properties that help remove impurities from your skin and clean your face naturally. It also enhances your skin tone and gives you a long-lasting glow!
- Gently exfoliates the skin: Are you looking for a face scrub? Do you want to add skin exfoliation to your skincare regimen? If yes, why look around the world when the solution sits in your fridge? Yogurt for face benefits your expense routine. It can work with your face wash to help remove stubborn finer dust particles that could be difficult to remove.
In addition, yogurt is affordable, natural, and easy to apply and remove. Besides these primary incentives, yogurt on the skin is quite effective as a face toner. It helps tighten and uplift the skin cells, giving a spectacular revival to your face.
Have you tried these products?
We have already explained the benefits of adding yogurt to skincare regimens. Mamaearth’s skincare range would only add to our credibility. Its variants of skin yogurt are purposeful and have long-lasting benefits to offer.
Let’s discuss them all here:
Mamaearth Ubtan Yogurt
Crafted with the traditional natural ingredients of every Indian household, our Ubtan Yogurt offers deep skin nourishment. It has the goodness of Turmeric, Saffron, and Glycerin that give your skin the hydration it needs. If you want to use yogurt for dry skin, you should try our ubtan products for the best skincare experience.
It features Turmeric & Saffron that help slow the aging process, brighten the skin tone, and fight free radicals. Glycerin nourishes your skin deeply and provides intense moisturization. It is a face mask against dryness, roughness, and flaky skin. Easy to absorb and extremely lightweight in texture, this skin care product does not feel greasy on your face.
Mamaearth Rice Yogurt
Yogurt offers multiple benefits for the face too. If you can’t include it in your diet, you may try some of our skincare products. Mamaearth Rice Yogurt offers intense moisturization for all skin types. It looks like a face gel – easy to apply and absorb into your pores.
Crafted with a lightweight formula, it helps boost collagen production in your skin cells. Thus, this improves your skin’s elasticity and makes it look more beautiful and younger. In addition, the goodness of rice water hydrates your skin cells with gentle care. The yogurt for skin before and after results is worth watching after using this miraculous product!
Mamaearth CoCo Yogurt
Energize your skin with the amazing benefits of Coffee! Mamaearth CoCo Yogurt has a fantastic blend of Coffee, Cocoa & Glycerin. Designed with a lightweight formula that absorbs efficiently into the skin, it reduces the appearance of cellulite. In addition, this face care product helps provide adequate hydration, retain moisture, and provide anti-inflammatory benefits.
Your facial skin is exposed to the external environment. After a daily bash of pollutants, dirt, dust, and irritants, it feels exhausted. It sends indirect signals like dull texture, uneven skin tone, dark circles, puffy eyes, etc. This is when you should opt for safe and gentle skincare products to replenish your skin cells of nourishment.
Yogurt benefits your skin and offers attentive care like any other natural ingredient. When you seek answers from mother nature, you are bound to get purposeful answers. This simple solution is your answer to almost every skin problem, including acne. So giving this beauty a shot won’t take much. Happy skincare to you!
- How to use yogurt for skin lightening?
Yogurt offers bleaching properties too. It helps in improving your skin tone by lightening it naturally. You can apply a natural face mask of fresh yogurt and honey for effective results. You may mix one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with one to two tablespoons of honey. After blending it well, you may apply it all over your face and neck. Keep this pack on for at least fifteen to twenty minutes, and then rinse off with warm water. Using this natural remedy regularly can help in natural skin lightening.
- Is yogurt good for oily skin?
Those who do not know about the benefits of yogurt must be aware that yogurt works wonders on oily skin. It helps in reducing acne and hormonal breakouts. It ensures your skin is hydrated, and due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, it gently soothes and calms irritated skin.
- How long do we leave the yogurt on the face?
You can leave it applied for thirty minutes. Yogurt is a natural milk product and there is no harm in keeping it on your face for half an hour or so. However, if you consider mixing it with any other natural ingredient, keeping it on the face for at least fifteen to twenty minutes will do the trick.
- What does yogurt do to your face?
Yogurt comes with several benefits for your facial skin. If you are seeking an escape from dryness, it helps in intense moisturization. If you need a solution to allergies and minor wounds on your skin, yogurt is your first aid. It helps slow down signs of aging, remove fine lines and wrinkles, and help you look fresh. Lastly, yogurt is at your disposal if you need a good exfoliator. This natural product is multipurpose and works as an encouragement to give up on false and expensive skincare bluffs.
- Why is yogurt good for the skin?
Yogurt is the result of the fermentation of milk using yogurt culture. It is a product that is rich in good bacteria and proteins. While the good bacteria can work towards calming irritated skin and inflammation, the proteins help nourish your skin with vital nutrients you did not know it needed.
Yogurt is good for the skin because it comes with goodness with a ratio bent more towards the predictability and future than being a mix of everything. Yogurt is good for your skin because it offers more than any other ingredient. It is affordable and does not make you rethink your expenses. and has multiple benefits like moisturization, anti-aging, prevention of acne, etc. It also helps in every application's genuine revival and rejuvenation of the skin cells.
|Popular Search Terms|
Crows Feet, Antioxidants, Toner, Smooth Skin, Skin Brightening, Glycerin for skin, Kesar Benefits, Face Serum Benefits, Hair Serum Benefits, Mulethi Benefits for Skin, Moisturizer, Kokum Butter, Split Ends, Onion benefits for hair, Rashes on Baby Skin, Puffiness Under Eyes, Stretch Marks, Normal Skin, Skin Complexion, Skin Types, Chest Congestion, Clogged Pores, Nasal Congestion, Skin texture, Flawless Skin, Combination Skin, Cold Cream, Mango Benefits for Skin, Olive Oil for hair, Gotu Kola for Skin, Collagen for skin, Egg for hair, Skin Inflammation, Beard Growth Tips, Lighten Skin,Best Cold Cream for Face in Winters