Today, we hear about handmade mixtures produced with raw onions using natural remedies to control frequent and excessive hair fall. Science has shown that onion juice can help with hair loss. For one, it is a rich source of sulfur, an element our body needs, and secondly, it has antioxidants for hair growth. So if you are wondering, “Is onion good for hair?“, let us tell you more about it.
Why is Onion Good for Hair Growth?
Onions are far more valuable than just being categorized as a vegetable. They are useful for more reasons than just adding flavor and aroma to the food. For instance, onion oil can help you have well-nourished hair strands with stronger roots and a lustrous sheen.
It is rich in nutrients like potassium, vitamin C, B9, B6, and other components. Regularly using onion is good for hair growth as it treats scalp irritation, fungal growth, and infections. But, of course, everything depends on the results you desire to achieve.
Did you know? Utilizing a highly nourishing hair oil is the secret to having a healthy scalp environment. It is best if your hair oil is devoid of any toxic or harsh chemicals and provides you with nature’s benefits.
How is onion hair oil good for hair care?
1. Boosts hair growth– The main advantage of using onion oil is that it promotes new hair growth. It is best for treating most causes of hair fall, including hair loss brought on by inflammation or bad lifestyle choices.
Sulfur, a substance found in onion oil, is crucial for synthesizing collagen, a protein needed for maintaining healthy hair. Additionally, onion oil helps increase blood flow to the hair follicles, which promotes healthier hair growth.
2. Strengthens hair- Onions are a great source of potassium and vitamins (B6, B9, and C) that help strengthen the hair roots. Additionally, onions are rich in sulfur which is found in keratin. Keratin helps make our hair stronger and more voluminous.
Numerous factors, including hormonal imbalance and environmental pollutants, may contribute to hair thinning. Onion oil nourishes the scalp and helps your hair follicles remain strong and active. It also protects hair against split ends and breakage.
3. Treats infections– The ancient Ayurvedic literature suggests that onion oil helps improve the scalp environment. All parts of the red onion plant are known for their medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Onions include a variety of phytochemicals that protect against free radical damage.
Onion oil’s antibacterial properties treat scalp infections like ringworm, folliculitis, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis. Using onion juice on hair also helps to stop the spread of the infection.
4. Improves overall hair health – According to several experts, onion oil is beneficial for maintaining healthy hair. It effectively moisturizes hair for the longest time and makes hair shinier.
Furthermore, potassium, which is abundantly present in onion oil, has various benefits for hair. It promotes blood circulation, minimizes breakage, supports the scalp’s pH balance, and encourages conditioning of the hair shaft.
5. Rich in antioxidants– Onions’ abundant antioxidant content prevents damage from free radicals. When your hair is exposed to large amounts of free radicals, they age faster, resulting in premature graying.
As a result, onion oil is good for hair exposed to pollution, dust, and UV rays. According to hair care experts, the antioxidants in onions make them naturally effective in repairing various types of scalp and hair disorders.
6. Addresses premature aging- Hydrogen peroxide is one of the harmful chemicals used to bleach hair. Our hair naturally produces hydrogen peroxide, but when its levels increase, it damages the roots of the hair. This is what leads to oxidative damage to the hair shaft.
The three enzymes our body produces to rid itself of additional Hydrogen Peroxide are Superoxide Dismutase, Glutathione Peroxidase, and Catalase. To repair the harm done to the hair follicle, onion oil speeds up the growth of these enzymes.
7. Enhances blood circulation- We forget an important aspect while discussing good hair. The area around the scalp is primarily responsible for the hair’s health. And what can enhance this health?
By applying oils or hair serums composed of onion juice, the speed of blood circulation in the scalp can be optimally accelerated. A strong blood flow means that the scalp area will naturally be healthy for hair growth.
How to use onion oil for more benefits?
You can extract the juice of little onions at home or get products made with the goodness of natural components. However, to get the immediate advantages of onion oil, ensure your product does not contain harsh chemicals.
- Be careful to get to the roots by massaging your scalp for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use your fingertips to apply gentle strokes to your scalp, moving in small circles.
- Let the oil stay on your scalp for two-three hours. You can also let it stay overnight before cleansing it with a sulfate-free shampoo.
- To see results quickly, repeat the activity twice weekly.
To get the most out of your onion hair oil, mix them with your favorite essential oils, such as natural coconut or castor oil for hair. Mixing hair growth oil with your regular onion oil will deeply nourish your scalp, strengthen the roots, and promote new hair growth.
We recommend you opt for Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil for better hair growth through the goodness of natural ingredients. Hair loss is one of the most prevalent hair concerns affecting millions of people worldwide. So to help you combat your hair worries, we have launched an onion hair care range that gives you healthier and stronger hair.
Our Best Sellers- Mamaearth Anti Hair Fall Spa Kit
We typically lose 100-150 strands daily, which is okay. It is a part of our hair’s natural growth cycle. But losing more hair can indicate that your scalp lacks nourishment. There is no overnight fix for hair loss. So you have to be a little patient before you see visible changes in your hair.
If you are looking for hair care products that can restore thickness and shine to hair, we have a solution for you. We recommend our Anti Hair Fall Spa Kit to ace your hair care game. This spa kit is safe for colored & chemically treated hair. It features the following products:
1. Mamaearth Onion Oil– Introducing the goodness of onion oil for your locks. An improved lightweight formula unblocks hair follicles, reduces hair fall, and boosts new hair growth. Best hair oil for hair fall also soothes scalp irritation and averts bacterial infection, giving you healthy locks.
It is enhanced with various nutritional components, including Redensyl, Onion Seed Oil, Castor Oil, and Almond Oil, which support healthy hair. In addition, it also has the goodness of Amla and Bhringraj to promote hair growth and boosts blood flow to hair follicles.
2. Mamaearth Onion Hair Shampoo– Cleansing is the second step in any hair care regimen. Our onion hair shampoo helps seal the moisture, maintains your tresses, and gives them a fuller appearance. This new formula deeply cleanses the hair by providing 22% more foam without sulfates or toxins.
It contains Wheat Amino Acids that help improve the tensile strength of hair fibers and enhance elasticity. Soy Amino Acids help the hair to naturally retain moisture, giving them a more manageable, tangle-free appearance.
3. Mamaearth Onion Hair Conditioner- The next step in this regimen is to use a conditioner to lock in the moisture. With regular application, Mamaearth Onion Hair Conditioner naturally softens your hair and adds that shiny zing to your hair.
It contains Coconut Triglycerides, which keep your hair healthier, and Sweet Almond Oil, which is great for repairing and strengthening brittle and damaged hair. And because of our no toxins and no harsh chemicals ideology, you won’t find silicones, parabens, mineral oil & dyes in our products.
4. Mamaearth Onion Hair Mask– You should try Mamaearth’s Onion Hair Growth Oil if you’re seeking a natural cure for hair loss. This product’s natural components include Onion Extract that encourages hair growth and prevents loss. Direct oil application to the scalp is followed by a 30-minute waiting period before rinsing.
Essential ingredients in our Onion Hair Care Range:
1. Onion: Onion helps produce collagen by promoting blood flow to the hair. The hair is structurally supported by collagen. Therefore, onion shampoo helps in the restructuring and restoration of hair. As a result, it is strongly advised to encourage hair growth and reduce hair loss.
2. Wheat Amino Acids: If you’re wondering how this ingredient connects to hair, allow us to discuss some of its powerful advantages. Wheat amino acids help hair regain its tensile strength. Furthermore, they give the hair strength and thickness while reducing dryness.
3. Plant Keratin: This nutritional ingredient improves flexibility and reduces hair breakage. Your hair becomes easy to style since plant keratin prevents frizz and improves hair health and luster.
4. Soy Amino Acids: It enhances health and helps retain moisture in the lock. This powerful component is important for preventing hair loss and encouraging hair growth. So, if you add this ingredient to your hair care, it gives you long and lustrous hair.
A step-by-step guide to using Mamaearth’s Onion Hair Range:
- Step 1: Massage your scalp well with Mamaearth’s Onion hair oil.
- Step 2: Use warm or hot water to rinse your hair.
- Step 3: Take a bit of onion hair shampoo in your palm.
- Step 4: Spread or smear gently all over your scalp and through your hair.
- Step 5: After a gentle massage, rinse your hair.
- Step 6: Take a little onion hair conditioner in your hand.
- Step 7: Gently distribute it down the length of the hair.
- Step 8: Keep the conditioner away from your scalp.
- Step 9: The conditioner can be left on for around five minutes.
- Step 10: Rinse your hair well.
- Step 11: Add your favorite serum at the end for that extra shine and growth.
- Step 12: You can also use an onion hair mask to boost nourishment.
Onion is a host of benefits for dry and brittle hair. Mamaearth’s new, improved formula- Onion hair care range helps you get thicker, smoother, and healthier hair. So, it’s time to embrace strong, healthy hair with the advantages of onion oil, updated in a lightweight, non-sticky composition with a wonderful aroma.
- Is onion good for hair?
Onion oil offers sulfur to the hair and scalp to encourage strong, thick hair. Sulfur is a component responsible for forming collagen, a protein that makes hair. Besides, onions are also rich in antioxidants that protect hair from free radical damage. This helps keep issues like frequent and excessive hair fall away.
- Can we apply onion directly on the hair?
Yes, you can directly apply onion juice to the hair. Onion is an effective home remedy trusted by thousands because it promotes new hair growth. You might not like its strong smell, but applying onion once or twice a week can work for your hair. We recommend opting for toxin-free onion hair care products for the best results- they offer an easy and hassle-free approach to home-based hair care routines.
- Will onion oil help increase hair growth?
Yes, onions can help increase hair growth when massaged thoroughly to the scalp. Onion, rich in sulfur, helps increase hair growth and gives you thick and strong hair while preventing hair fall. Sulfur is also responsible for increased collagen production, promoting healthy hair growth.
- Which is the best oil for hair?
Different hair oils can be used for different purposes and hair care needs. If you’re experiencing excessive hair fall, we recommend you opt for Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil. It features Redensyl, Bhringraj Oil, Amla Oil, Castor Oil, and Onion Seed Oil. It deeply nourishes the scalp with proteins, vitamins and antioxidants and helps increase blood circulation to the scalp. It works best on every hair type, including colored & chemically treated hair.
- Can we apply onion oil directly on the scalp?
Yes, you can directly apply onion oil to your scalp. First, take a few drops of your favorite onion oil into your palm and massage your scalp for at least 5-7 mins. Let it sit for a minimum of 30 mins, and then wash it off with your favorite shampoo, followed by a conditioner.
|Popular Search Terms|
salicylic acid uses for skin, hair breakage, How to remove pimple scars, chapped lips, cream for face, thick hair, how to use concealer, best toothpaste, body spray for women, how to treat dry skin on face, how to stop grey hair naturally, how to get rid of dandruff and hair fall, Tea tree oil for acne, is honey good for face,Is rice water good for hair?, how to hydrate skin, what is pigmentation on face, Premature graying of hair, what is spf in sunscreen, rice bran oil benefits, how to apply serum to hair, what causes hair fall, what is hair serum, how to use toner on face, is smoothening good for hair, Apply the Foundation on the face, how to make hair soft and silky, how to remove pigmentation from face permanently at home, what causes dark spots on face, why pigmentation comes on face, Skin Tones, How to get acne-free glowing skin naturally, types of makeup, simple eye makeup, pimple cream, best waterproof foundation, best shampoo for hair fall control, sulphate free shampoo and conditioner