Do you wish to pull off every recreated makeup look for any occasion? But, before we start on how to get the best makeup look, let us tell you a secret: applying foundation on the face is crucial for getting your look right. No one can deny that setting a perfect base takes time, patience, and practice if you wish to be an expert.
Once you find the ideal formula to apply the foundation, you’ve reached halfway to your goal. Next, ensure that it blends smoothly into your facial pores. Your skin derives many benefits from the foundation, which we will mention later. Creating a beauty routine that suits your skin type is crucial.
Every woman desires to look the best when stepping out of their home. But, most women resort to makeup to amplify their elegance pleasantly. While ignoring the hustle to create a perfect look can be a choice, they can also learn to create a perfect look by applying the foundation if they practice it daily.
What is Foundation Makeup?
Before building a house, construction workers build a foundation that remains strong for decades, or the whole house may topple over and fall. Like that, foundation makeup is the base for creating a stunning facial look. It builds the groundwork for all the makeup looks and helps cover different signs of aging.
Whether looking for a stunning and glamorous makeup look or a subtle no-makeup look, you should learn the best way to apply the foundation as it acts as a canvas for your makeup. We’ve gathered everything you need to get that bright glow and even skin tone. So read along, as we will also mention some tips to create a picture-perfect base.
Which Foundation is Perfect for you?
As wearing makeup is an art, you should gather some information before applying it to your face for the first time. Different foundations serve different skin types, color types, coverage needs, and much more than you’ve ever imagined.
However, the only way to identify the foundation for your skin is by trying each one; here are some of the different types of foundation you may want to consider.
1. Liquid foundation: It is one of the most popular foundation types with a liquid formula. Available in oil-based and water-based formulas, it is effective in moisturizing dry skin and covering pigmentations on the skin.
2. Cream foundation: One another savior for people with dry skin. It creates a long-lasting makeup base for up to 10 hours without cracking. In addition, applying the natural foundation keeps the skin hydrated and smooth.
3. Mousse foundation: A great lightweight formula that does not settle into the ridges and hides fine lines and wrinkles. Available in medium to full coverage, it does not weigh down the skin and suits all skin types. It makes a great pick for an evening party lasting up to three to four hours.
4. Serum foundation: New in the cosmetic industry, this foundation takes effective care of your skin and quickly creates a perfect base for makeup. It is light, easy to spread, hydrates the skin, and provides an all-day stay for up to 12 hours.
If you’re looking for the best serum foundation, you can check out Mamaearth Glow Serum Foundation. It features Vitamin C and Turmeric. These two safe and toxin-free ingredients help it offer a 12-hour stay and two times instant glow.
5. Powder foundation: Probably one of the best foundations for oily skin. Apart from soaking up excess oil on the skin, this foundation can only hide minimal signs of aging and flaky skin. Moreover, it lasts for 2-3 hours.
Knowing the foundation finesse
While we’ve known this foundation’s different types of coverage earlier, it is equally important to know the different kinds of foundation finish. They complement your skin directly. So let’s read a little about them in detail.
1. Natural finish:
If you want a look that closely resembles your skin tone, it is best to pick a natural finish as it closely resembles your skin. This type of finish works for all skin types. For example, mixing a moisturizer would give you hydrated skin and a natural finish if applied to drier skin. On the other hand, you should mix more moisturizer than the natural finish if you want a dewy finish.
2. Dewy finish:
A dewy foundation is handy when your skin craves the ultimate glow. Backed by moisturizing ingredients, they even out the skin tone, giving a healthy appearance and glowing complexion.
3. Matte finish:
Perfect for people with oily skin, it sets up a foundation base that always stays in style. Generally, the normal foundation will get all washed off within 2 hours. This is where matte foundations will come to the rescue.
6 Benefits of Applying Makeup Foundation
Apart from creating a clean canvas for applying your makeup products, there’s so much more than this foundation does to your face. So let’s have a look at its benefits:
1. Blocks UV rays: You can apply a natural sunblock with SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin, but are you aware that the best foundation for daily use comes with sunblock or SPF 30 or higher? It helps in deflecting UVA and UVB rays.
2. Offers better coverage: Earlier cosmetics used to contain talc that made the skin’s top surface feel heavy and less pigmented. One thus needed more makeup products with less pigmentation to achieve the desired coverage. But, nowadays, natural makeup products are talc-free & lightweight. They are easy to apply and use.
3. Treats open pores: Environmental aggressors may take a heavy toll on our skin, and lead to clogging & stretching of skin pores. They make the skin tone uneven and rough too. Tapping the foundation on helps in blurring out pores and decreases the appearance of pores.
4. Keeps the skin hydrated: A natural foundation with hydrating and moisturizing ingredients effectively hydrates your skin by providing more water to the skin layers. It makes your skin rejuvenated, prevents any skin damage, and keeps it moisturized under heavy layers of makeup.
5. Enables smooth cosmetic application: Several makeup products are loaded with mild artificial ingredients to make the skin dry and rough. Applying the natural foundation with the brush makes applying other products very easy.
6. Boosts self-confidence: Skin imperfections can rupture self-confidence and make you nervous when leaving home without foundation makeup. Applying natural foundation on the face can help boost self-confidence as it will cover fine lines, wrinkles, or any other skin imperfections.
6 Proven tips to make your foundation look natural
In makeup, creating a base is necessary for the skin as it gives a flawless look and imparts a shine to the skin. But sometimes, we often need to pay more attention to the correct way of applying foundation.
How to apply foundation on face?
Here are some tips that can help you apply foundation quickly and correctly:
1. Applying with a sponge: Instead of using fingers, you can use a sponge to apply a foundation on the whole face. It will help cover a greater area of the face and smooth application all over it.
2. Applying with a brush: You can also apply the foundation with the help of the brush. By slowly rotating the brush in a circular direction, it is quite easy to apply the powder foundation. Do remember to remove the surplus powder.
3. Merge foundation: When adding the base, take extra care. Begin from the eyebrow and apply it all over the face. Cover all the visible spots and fine lines.
4. Cover problematic areas on the face: Using foundation, focus on the areas with redness and blemishes on the face. Ensure to concentrate on the center area of your face. Next, dab the foundation on each side of your nose, in the center of your forehead and chin, then blend outwards.
5. Avoid rubbing the foundation on the face: Either using a foundation brush or applying with the help of your fingertips, be sure to apply the foundation by the dotting method. It helps to tap the foundation into the skin gently. Don’t wipe out or rub the foundation, as it can lead to the formation of streaks.
6. Don’t forget your ears: Often, women forget to apply makeup to their ears. Well, they’re a part of you and deserve to get the same shine as your face. Light sweep foundation brush over them if you ignore them because of your lobes. It will help them blend in easily with the rest of your face.
Setting up a perfect makeup look
Don’t you hate it when a beauty parlor expert experiments with your face makeup to ruin it on your special day? As a result, that cakey, chalky-looking foundation looks worse. Foundation is a tricky product, and getting it right isn’t easy.
Here are some steps to help you get the perfect makeup by setting up a natural-looking foundation every time:
Quick tip: If you aim to get a more natural and refined look, you can follow the layering technique. It would also help blend your makeup better.
Step 1: Prep your skin: The first step is cleaning the face properly before applying the makeup. You need to exfoliate the skin with a scrub, which helps remove excess oil and dirt. In addition, it would help your foundation to blend evenly. Next, pick a natural face wash or face scrub such as Mamaearth Tea Tree Face Wash or Tea Tree Face Scrub.
Step 2: Hydrates your skin: Ensuring constant hydration before applying the makeup is essential. It will enable your foundation to remain active. It also aids the smooth application of makeup products.
Step 3: Beginning with the primer: Let’s give you the ideal makeup look. Before applying the foundation or the full-make, you should apply the primer as it acts as a smooth base for your foundation or makeup. Primers assist in making the makeup last longer and fill in the fine lines, open pores, and smoothen out uneven textures.
Step 4: It’s ‘foundation time’: Are you confused about applying concealer or foundation first? Let us tell you, and you should register it for your life. You should always apply the foundation first, as it helps you more than just providing an even-toned and natural appearance. It builds the perfect base for the rest of your makeup products.
Tip: When picking a foundation, you should conduct a patch test on your jawline in a bright environment when picking a foundation. Different types of foundations offer different types of coverage. Finally, you may use a brush or sponge to apply foundation and begin to apply by dotting methods.
Step 5: Concealing your problematic areas: Facial skin has beautiful flaws. We call it aging. Don’t be disheartened. Instead, you can use a perfect concealer shade to hide your dark spots, pimples, and other facial blemishes. You can pick between liquid or stick concealer depending on the area you want to cover on your face.
Step 6: Applying the compact powder: Applying the compact powder can be risky as applying it too much can give you a cakey look. You may skip it altogether. But if you want a perfect look, start by dusting a light coat of powder all over your face. Then, swipe lightly across the areas that need more coverage. It will give you shine.
Step 7: Contour and blush: Contouring with a bronzer in a proper way imparts a beautiful glow, and blushing up with your favorite color on the palette gives a beautiful color to your face.
Step 8: Time for eye makeup: Eye makeup includes setting up the eyebrows and lash line. You can pick neutral shades with colorful hues or whatever complements your face. Next, pick a natural eye kajal for the lash line to give your eyes and face a bold look.
Step 9: Don’t forget to set up your lips: Before applying lipstick or a lip gloss, prepare your lips by scrubbing off the dead skin in them. Next, hydrate your lips with a lip balm if you’ve chapped or cracked lips. Finally, apply a lip serum to your lips when you go to bed.
Getting the glam is now easier than ever before!
We hope that with the tricks mentioned above, you can apply the foundation easily and smoothly. Then, with the help of Mamaearth Color Care Range, you can easily achieve the stunning and confident look you’ve always dreamt of.
Mamaearth is Asia’s 1st Made Safe Certified brand, with a product range that frees from harmful chemicals and toxins. Our color care beauty products for women are dermatologically tested to suit all skin types.
- What should we apply before using foundation?
You should apply moisturizer and body lotion before the foundation. It is advisable to apply a hydrating moisturizer to prepare the skin for makeup products. It would provide hydration and enable a smoother application of makeup products.
- What to apply first, concealer or foundation?
You should apply foundation before applying the concealer.
|Popular Search Terms|
best soap for skin brightening, what is mild shampoo, Non Comedogenic face wash, serum for face, skin brighting body wash, how to apply serum on the face, how to get thick hair, how to control hair fall for women, salicylic acid uses for skin, hair breakage, How to remove pimple scars?, chapped lips, cream for face, thick hair, how to use concealer, best toothpaste, body spray for women, how to treat dry skin on face, how to stop grey hair naturally, how to get rid of dandruff and hair fall, Tea tree oil for acne, is honey good for face,Is rice water good for hair?, how to hydrate skin, what is pigmentation on face, Premature graying of hair, what is spf in sunscreen, rice bran oil benefits, how to apply serum to hair, what causes hair fall, what is hair serum, how to use toner on face, is smoothening good for hair, matte lipstick, nude lipstick shades, crayon lipstick, rose pink lipstick, pink lipstick shades, nude lipstick, brown lipstick shades, red lipstick, glowing foundation, best foundation for oily skin