Some men have this pleasant headache about whether they should go ahead with a beard or if they should have stubble. Then some others are worried about slower than normal facial hair growth. There are many reasons why growing a beard is a little difficult for them. We would thus look at some myths behind growing facial hair and offer a few practical Beard growth tips.
Why is Growing a Beard Difficult for Some People?
You may have come across some people who can’t grow a bushy beard or whose hair growth is uneven. However, growing it is a task that requires patience, constant maintenance, and utmost care. It is like watching a plant grow. The younger you are, the lengthier the process of growth is.
It is usually during puberty when men start growing facial hair. After that, you might see mustache formation or growth of hair on the chin before a full-grown beard. But the process is different for everyone. Some men see full growth by the time they are in their late teens, and others may see slow growth in their early 20s or maybe even later. For some men, it gets difficult to grow a beard even in their thirties because of the following factors:
- Genetics: Growth and density can be genetic factors to consider androgens. They are a group of hormones responsible for all the masculine changes that occur in men during puberty. These hormones dictate many aspects- from a deep voice to facial hair growth. So, if you see your father and grandfather having good facial hair growth in their days of youth, chances are you will too.
- Age: It is seen that men have dense beard growth during their thirties. So, if you are still in your mid-twenties, you should not feel hopeless or try other artificial methods. You might even have to wait until your thirties may naturally give you a better and fuller beard.
- Low Testosterone Levels: Your hormones can always be tricky. You may have little or no facial hair growth if you have clinically low testosterone levels.
Not every man can have a beard. These days, men who cannot grow facial hair turn to beard implants. This process involves taking hair from one part of your body and getting it transplanted into your jawline or anywhere else you might want your beard to grow. It could be both painful and risky.
We will share some expert tips for fast beard growth later in this blog. But for now, we are taking you through some of the most popular myths around beard growth. Then, we will also debunk them with proven facts.
- Shave more to grow more
The most popular one that tops the list is – shaving is one of the best tips for faster beard growth. It isn’t. When you shave, you only eliminate the hair growth on your skin, but you have no control over the growth beneath it. Simply put, shaving does not affect the roots of your beard, which lie beneath your facial skin.
- Pills & supplements are necessary for faster beard growth
Another popular myth and the fast beard-growing tip are protein supplements, energy pills, and steroids. Some people believe that using them may help you grow a beard. It’s not true. Science says that no pill or supplement can work to make your facial hair grow from zero or even at a faster rate. Therefore, you should avoid taking any medicines or protein supplements.
- Your beard fully covers your face in about 3-4 weeks
The third myth surrounds the growth rate of the beard. It says that in 3-4 weeks, your beard will grow and cover your face. The truth is that every person has a different growth pattern and rate. A beard can take less or even longer to grow based on factors like genes, nutrition, etc. and you should not affix a period to it.
- By the age of 20, you must start having a full-grown beard
The next myth defines the exact age of having a beard – by the time you are 20 years old. Well, that is not true at all. Every person has a different age when they start having a full-grown beard. So whether you opt for the best beard oil for men or beard growth serum, it doesn’t count as you may not achieve the expected results.
That’s because puberty hits everyone differently, and genetics play a very important role in your beard growth. So, if anyone tells you to wait until you reach 20 years of age, do not believe them.
- Once you grow a patchy beard, it remains that way forever
This myth surrounds the criteria of growth. It says that once you grow a patchy beard, it will always be that way. However, it is said that different areas of our skin also have different growth rates. So, what came out as patchy once may eventually fill out. Even if the growth isn’t, it will be good enough to conceal the area.
Some Proven Healthy Beard Growth Tips
Now that all myths around the fast beard growth tips have been busted, let’s get you going with lifestyle add-ons to help you have healthy facial growth. Please note that your daily routine plays a major role in defining your beard’s growth.
Here are some things you can do to enhance it:
- Eat healthy food: Among our primary beard growth tips is to take a balanced and nutritious diet. The healthier you eat, the better your growth becomes. Make sure you have a balanced diet comprising proteins, carbohydrates, and fibers. Healthy eating helps all aspects of your well-being.
- Exercise: Do have a workout routine that you judiciously follow. Cutting out calories would work well for your beard growth. You cannot ignore the fact that obesity reduces testosterone levels, which you may not want if you wish to achieve healthy beard growth. Exercising regularly can help boost your testosterone levels and may help in improving your beard’s health.
- Sleep Well: Excessive stress will not let us live happy life. We advise you to have a minimum of 7 hours of sleep per night. It would help reduce stress and improve the beard hair growth cycle.
- Hygiene: Your skin’s health and hygiene are crucial in determining your beard growth. If you keep your face clean by washing it at least twice a day and moisturizing it regularly, your beard will automatically improve over time.
Foods that help in the healthy growth of your beard:
We just told you to eat right; thus, the next logical step should be to tell you what you should eat. So here we are listing certain food items that you may add to your diet to have healthy beard growth:
- Cinnamon: Known as “dalcheeni” in the Indian spices, it is one of the powerful storehouses of various antifungal, antimicrobial compounds that help increase the heat quotient in your body. This increases the oxygen circulation in your blood cells and may lead to healthy hair growth on your face.
- Spinach: It is the powerhouse of Iron – an important element for beard growth. Spinach is enriched with Folic Acid and Vitamins A, C, and Beta Carotene. These nutrients keep your scalp, skin, and hair moist. You get the best results when you have it as juice or a smoothie.
- Sweet Potato: A healthier preference than fried potatoes, consuming this miracle vegetable directly affects the growth rate of your hair follicles.
- Tuna: Fish has been said to be a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 helps provide a natural shine to your hair and skin. Eating fish will help you stimulate growth in your hair follicles and enable the healthy growth of your beard.
Next to a nutritious diet and positive lifestyle changes, you may also try our beard oil range to stimulate facial hair growth. We are home to a diverse range of dermatologically tested skincare, hair care, and personal care products. They are made of safe, gentle, and natural ingredients.
Let’s look at the men’s range, especially the beard oils below:
- Mamaearth Onion Beard Oil for Beard Growth
Create your own intense or fuller look with Mamaearth Onion Beard Oil. As a natural beard growth oil, it comes with the goodness of Onion and Redensyl. It is made of the given key ingredients below:
- Onion: It contains Sulphur and Potassium, two major ingredients that help boost facial hair growth.
- Redensyl: This ingredient is famous for improving hair density. It also increases your hair’s thickness, growth, and volume.
- Vitamin E: It provides your hair the true nourishment it needs. Loaded with vital antioxidants, Vitamin E helps to prevent oxidative stress and fights free radical damage.
- Argan Oil: As nourishing hair oil, it contains antioxidants and fatty acids and helps keep your hair healthy and nourished. It protects the hair from damage caused by frequent styling and treatment.
As one of the best beard growth oils in India, our beard growth oil helps you grow a beard naturally. It makes your facial hair soft and smooth. It is non-greasy, quick-absorbing, and easy to use.
- Mamaearth Tea Tree Beard Oil for Itch-Free Beard
If oily skin troubles you and your beard, it is time to go for a cleansing ritual with Mamaearth Tea Tree Beard Oil. It has the amazing benefits of Tea Tree and Salicylic Acid, which keep your beard free from infections, prevent infection, and naturally stimulate beard growth. Its key ingredients include:
- Tea Tree Oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help you treat beardruff effectively.
- Salicylic Acid: It prevents the build-up of oil, dirt, and dandruff. It helps to unclog pores, thus leading to healthier hair.
- Castor Seed Oil: It nourishes your beard hair with vital vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help to boost blood circulation and helps in faster hair growth.
- Green Tea: It is rich in antioxidants and promotes hair growth by stimulating hair follicles.
This oil is non-greasy, quick-absorbing, and dermatologically tested. It is safe to use and is suited to all hair types.
- Mamaearth Almond Beard Oil for Beard Nourishment
Enriched with Almonds and Biotin, this beard fast-growth oil helps nourish your beard with the best grade of nutrition. It makes your beard thicker and healthier and softens its texture. Its key ingredients include:
- Almond: It prevents hair damage and adds much-needed vitamins to your hair for intense nourishment. It nourishes your hair follicles, makes them stronger from within, and promotes growth.
- Biotin: It is a supplement of Vitamin B and makes your hair shiny, strong, and healthy.
- Coconut Oil: The essential vitamins and fatty acids present in Coconut Oil help stimulate healthy hair growth.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is the powerhouse of vital antioxidants that naturally provide deep nourishment to your hair.
Growing a beard takes patience, time, confidence, attention, and nourishment. Growing a healthy and attractive beard is a tedious process, which may become messy and awkward sometimes, but eventually, you will get past it.
Since beard growth rates and the amount of hair you can grow vary for everyone, we suggest you try the best beard growth tips and opt for natural, mild, and nourishing beard growth products that promote healthy beard growth.
- How to grow a beard?
Growing a beard is a natural process that starts when men hit puberty at 18 or 19. Opt for a healthy skincare routine and a stress-free lifestyle. To grow a full beard, you can use Mamaearth Onion Beard Oil. It works best when you back it up with a healthy diet, maintaining a good workout routine, and having at least 7 hours of sleep.
- How can I speed up beard growth?
You should wait for the period to grow your beard naturally. The growth of your facial hair depends on many factors like your genetic factors, your nutritional needs, etc. Eat right, have the essential nutrients, and exercise regularly to keep your testosterone levels up.
- How long does it take to grow a beard?
Beard growth takes place at different rates for everyone. Generally, a full beard can take 2 to 4 months, as facial hair grows between 0.3 and 0.5 millimeters (mm) every 24 hours. If your father had faster and healthier hair growth, chances are that you can grow a full beard in a month or so. If not, it might take a little longer.
- Does beard oil work?
Yes. Beard oils work, but they work in conjunction with various factors, such as genetics, diet plans, workout routine, fitness level, and nutritional intake. We suggest you apply Mamaearth Onion Beard Oil and maintain a healthy lifestyle to see faster and better results.
|Popular Search Terms|
Hair Follicle, How to Regrow Hair on Bald Spot Fast, Crows Feet, Antioxidants, Toner, Smooth Skin, Skin Brightening, Glycerin for skin, Kesar Benefits, Face Serum Benefits, Hair Serum Benefits, Mulethi Benefits for Skin, Moisturizer, Kokum Butter, Split Ends, Onion benefits for hair, Rashes on Baby Skin, Puffiness Under Eyes, Stretch Marks, Normal Skin, Skin Complexion, Skin Types, Chest Congestion, Clogged Pores, Nasal Congestion, Skin texture, Flawless Skin, Combination Skin, Cold Cream, Mango Benefits for Skin, Olive Oil for hair, Gotu Kola for Skin, Collagen for skin, Egg for hair, vitamin c in skin care products