Have you ever noticed that your skin is actively responsive to everything surrounding your life? For instance, you could get dark circles under your eyes if you work long hours. The under-eyes may even swell up and cause panda eyes. Your skin’s texture may suddenly become oily and rough if you eat a lot of junk food. It all depends on how you treat yourself so your skin starts taking a cue.
Skin Texture & its Types
Our skin’s texture is also affected by our prevailing conditions. These factors mostly include environmental and lifestyle variables. However, a complete list depends on several interrelated variables that we shall discuss.
The different types of skin texture include soft, supple, smooth, uneven, dull, or even dry. It may also be affected by sun tan and roughness due to a lack of adequate hydration. Since our skin is naturally smooth and shiny, it always pays to invest in products that help improve skin texture.
Among the factors that affect our skin, a significant one is our environment. This is why living in a polluted space could pose many issues. You may travel to work, meet a friend, or come in contact with the external surroundings for any reason. The more your skin is exposed, the worse its texture may fare.
After-Effects of Air Pollution on your Skin Texture
Air is an inevitable need in our lives. But, tampering with the environment with too many pollutants affects the air quality we breathe. As much as it concerns the body, it is equally alarming for our skin’s health.
So let’s go through the effects of air pollution on your skin texture, one by one:
- Breaks the barrier: When your skin is directly in touch with the pollutants in the external environment, it can disrupt the skin barrier and cause troubles like oxidative stress and inflammation. It can break the moisture barrier and penetrate the skin, severely damaging the cells.
- Degrades the skin’s texture: Excessive exposure to air pollutants can degrade your skin’s natural health and quality. It can compromise the quality of collagen produced and can cause premature aging of your skin.
- Causes allergies: Skin allergies and irritation do not always come from food items. Sometimes, significant air pollutants can cause allergic reactions, skin infections, and even prolonged skin conditions like eczema.
- Congested pores: You may notice a dull skin tone when you return home after a long day. The daily weather, dirt, and air pollutants form a layer on your skin, thus clogging the skin pores. This makes it look dull and maybe dark.
The pollutants also fill the pores, making them dry, dirty, and congested. So, if you have oily skin, chances are you will have sudden breakouts that would indicate the need to clear your skin.
- Prolonged tanning: Skin tanning is a concept that is complex and not limited to beaches alone. You may have had a long work day, and you would see your skin feeling a little darker than usual. Soon, it becomes your new skin tone, which goes on until it becomes irreversible through natural methods.
Other Factors Causing Uneven Skin Texture
While pollution was a major factor behind the change in skin texture, it is not the only one. Let’s discuss them here, in detail:
- Smoking: If you are a skincare enthusiast and a smoker, you might have to pick one of the attributes soon. Smoking causes dehydration of the skin texture on your face. It sucks the air out of the cells, clogging the pores and making your skin feel thirsty. The more you smoke, the worse your skin will look.
- Alcohol: Friday night seems incomplete without those half-filled glasses clinking together. It is another reason your facial skin texture is uneven, dry, and rough than it should be. Alcohol dehydrates the skin cells and makes your skin look duller. One drink once in a while may be all right, but if you are a daily drinker, it is time for you to reconsider.
- No skincare routine: You may follow one stereotype because you are too unwilling to take the risk of knowing the real facts. Even today, some do not apply anything to our face because we feel the skin’s texture might get compromised. But is that the solution anyway?
- Poor diet: Fries, burgers with extra cheese, creamy pasta, and a can of cola may sound exciting but they are not without risks. Putting too much junk food in your body can severely damage your skin’s health. Studies claim that an unhealthy diet first hits the quality of the skin. It deteriorates your skin texture and sends indirect signals of caution like acne breakouts, dryness, flaky texture, etc.
- Less sleep: Your sleep cycle is the time for your body to relax and repair itself simultaneously. The less you sleep, the more tired your body becomes. You should take a sound sleep of six to eight hours a day to stay healthy.
- Increased screening: Binge-watching your favorite show? Finishing off the last-minute work for a better start the next day? No matter the reason, prolonged screen timings are very unhealthy for skin texture. The same goes for mobile phones, TVs, and laptops because they emit blue rays that harm your skin in many ways.
- No workouts: A popular sage once said, “those who do not have time for exercise will need to find time for illnesses.” A simple workout, hitting the gym at least twice a week, or joining an aerobics class may not fall on your list of priorities. But your skin health suffers greatly if you have a lazy lifestyle with little or no physical activity. You need to pick your battles.
Solutions to Improve the Skin’s Texture
It is never too late to make a start. But, if your skin texture is unsatisfactory, you should check for the abovementioned factors. Here are some natural solutions that can help you achieve a smooth and even skin texture:
- Improved sleep cycle: If you work through the night, make it a point to sleep for at least six hours during the day. The more you sleep, the better your body will function. The cell repair and regeneration processes take time and happen only while you are in deep slumber. Beauty sleep is a real thing. However, you need to be a little more aware!
- Balanced diet and exercise: It is said that “what you eat is what you become.” Before jumping to conclusions, we aren’t asking you to curb your cravings. Instead, we ask you to cut down on your cheat days and switch to a balanced diet. Once you start having the right amount of proteins, vitamins, fibers, and carbohydrates, your body will feel different, and your skin will appear smoother.
If you are a beginner in following an extensive exercise routine, we suggest you start by doing a simple workout routine for twenty minutes per day. If doing it daily becomes too hectic, you can do it at least four times a week.
- Adequate hydration: Water amounts to almost 70 percent of your body weight. Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water daily. If you are a newcomer, you can start with five glasses of water every day. You can also intake fruit juices, coconut water, glucose, or fluids that give you the energy to kick start your day. Staying hydrated helps in improving your skin texture naturally.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: This point calls out for you if you are a daily drinker or smoker. You may have had so many reasons to puff through the day, but if you need your skin to look healthy and supple, you need to quit.
The Perfect 5-Step Skincare Routine
A good rule of thumb is to apply a skincare product in layers. Whether you have been following a specific routine or are looking forward to doing so, you should do it the right way. We recommend these five simple steps for an improved skin texture:
Step 1: Washing your skin: Be it facial skin or the skin on the rest of your body, it needs to be purified and cleansed thoroughly with water and a gentle natural-based cleanser for the face and body. This helps remove all the dirt, grime, and makeup clogged on the skin.
Step 2: Apply toner: After cleansing your face, it is essential to apply face toner immediately. It helps filter unwanted dirt and oil, and helps improve the skin tone. Its consistent and regular use may thus help you have an improved skin texture. It also helps tighten the skin pores and provides adequate hydration to the skin cells.
Step 3: Apply serum: Applying a natural skin serum on the face and skin will deliver the much-required nutrients and antioxidants that help protect the skin from free radicals and other signs of aging. It also keeps the skin hydrated at all times.
TipYou may also opt for a face gel in certain situations. It would hydrate the skin cells but not leave a sticky residue. Its regular application will make the skin softer and radiant.
Step 4: Fight signs of aging confidently: If your skin is bearing the harmful effects of acne, we advise you to apply a natural spot treatment at night. It helps in even skin tone, reduces spots and acne marks, and reduces pigmentation. In addition, if the skin under your eyes has pigmented, resulting in dark patches, you need to use hydrating eye cream at night to help you retain fluid and treat your delicate skin under the eyes.
Step 5: Do not miss moisturization: This step is essential and will never be missed. Applying a body lotion or face cream with SPF assists in hydrating the skin and locking it in all layers. It also protects the skin from the harmful effects of UV rays. You should always opt for a face mask to avail the best grade of moisturization for your facial skin.
Opt for a Safe, Gentle, and Toxin-Free Approach
Apart from the solutions mentioned above, another remedy can make your skin look naturally healthy and beautiful – maintaining a skincare routine. Using our natural skincare range, you are closer to achieving your skincare goals.
Let’s take a look at them one by one:
- Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash: Face cleansing is an important skincare aspect. Being the first step towards achieving smooth and even skin, this foamy cleanser works wonders for your skin.
It is rich in nutrients like Vitamin C that help remove dirt and impurities from your skin. In addition, this face wash is rich in the nourishing benefits of Turmeric & Aloe Vera and improves skin texture without making it dry. It is worth giving it a try.
- Ubtan Face Scrub: After a nice cleanse comes the secret step of skin exfoliation. Mamaearth Ubtan Face Scrub is the right blend of traditional ingredients like Turmeric, Walnut, and Saffron.
It efficiently removes dead skin cells from your face, nourishes your skin with anti-aging benefits, and offers a radiant glow! So what’s the best part of this scrub? It is free from harmful toxins and chemicals, and is safe for regular use.
- Vitamin C Face Toner: Deep cleansing with chemically-enriched skincare products can sap all the natural oils from your skin cells. You can restore your skin’s elasticity using a face toner. It would help boost collagen and uplift your skin while adding a bright look. Give your skin a bright and youthful glow in just a few drops of this toner.
- Vitamin C Oil-Free Face Moisturizer: Worried about your face looking greasy after applying face cream or a moisturizer? Mamaearth’s oil-free face moisturizer helps keep your skin happy and healthy with every application. It reduces the appearance of dark spots, keeps your skin hydrated, and absorbs so well into your skin.
In addition, it has the goodness of Vitamin C that makes your skin look flawless daily. This face cream has various skin rejuvenation qualities, making it unique and handy!
- Skin Correct Face Serum with Niacinamide and Ginger Extracts: If you have sensitive and acne-prone skin, it would be best to go with this serum. It comes enriched with Niacinamide and Ginger extracts that help reduce acne marks. This serum also features Zinc PCA and Glycerin that minimizes enlarged pores and improves the skin’s texture.
If you urgently need a healthy skin texture, you should ensure that your lifestyle involves healthy habits. Your skin texture depends on several direct and indirect factors that make its appearance as it already is. Using the right skincare products helps in fastening the process. Give your skin the freedom it needs from stereotypes, unhealthy habits, and toxicity to get the glow you have always wanted. Happy skincare to you!
- How to even out skin texture?
Improving skin texture involves changing your lifestyle preferences. It needs you to maintain a balanced diet, hit the gym for at least four days a week, get proper rest, and maintain a healthy skincare routine. The faster you inculcate these changes, the better the outcome becomes.
- How to get rid of uneven skin texture?
Uneven skin texture is a resultant factor of prolonged exposure to pollutants, high screen time, lack of proper diet, less or no sleep, etc. This uneven texture becomes your normal skin once you think it is not a big deal. Make sure you use the right skincare products. We suggest you use Mamaearth’s natural skincare products for your skin and see the results yourself.
- What is skin texture?
Just like skincare, skin texture is a concept that requires your time and effort for better understanding. It is the way your skin exists within certain prevailing conditions at the moment. It can be of various types – dry, oily, tanned, patchy, flaky, uneven but maybe even up by following an effective skincare regimen.
|Popular Search Terms
Hair Smoothening, Open Pores on face, Skin Care Routine for Oily Skin, Open Pores on face, Blemishes on Face, Deep Conditioning, Hand Sanitizer, Clear Skin, Hair Follicle, How to Regrow Hair on Bald Spot Fast, Crows Feet, Antioxidants, Toner, Smooth Skin, Skin Brightening, Glycerin for skin, Kesar Benefits, Face Serum Benefits, Hair Serum Benefits, Mulethi Benefits for Skin, Moisturizer, Kokum Butter, Split Ends, Onion benefits for hair, Rashes on Baby Skin, Puffiness Under Eyes, Stretch Marks, Normal Skin, Skin Complexion, Skin Types, Chest Congestion, Clogged Pores, Nasal Congestion,