Unlike Aloe Vera, Ashwagandha is not a commonly used plant or a regular kitchen spice. But it has received a generous amount of attention for the benefits it serves us with. As the conventional use of herbal medicines is a part of Indian culture, the generic side of Ayurveda has gained quite a lot of momentum worldwide in recent times. Therefore, we would enumerate Ashwangandha’s benefits by mentioning that it cures many health problems and skin and hair care issues.
The world is fast switching to naturally derived ingredients that may be consumed as a food supplement instead of the rampant culture of popping pills. Moreover, such medicinal herbs and shrubs offer enhanced medicinal benefits, especially for people facing much stress in their personal and professional life for quite some time.
Thanks to the Goodness of Nature, a few natural performance enhancers such as Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha are here to promise a healthier lifestyle. Ashwagandha is a safe, effective, and much sought-after medicinal plant that can help cure many commonplace medical issues.
Smart Tip: Looking for a youthful glow with well-moisturized skin? Try our Aloe Vera Gel Moisturizer that comes enriched with Aloe Vera & Ashwagandha!
What is Ashwagandha?
Biologically known as Withania somnifera, Ashwagandha is an evergreen Ayurvedic shrub belonging to the Solanaceae family. It is native to India but is also grown in the Middle East, Western China, and Africa. Also known as ‘Indian Winter Cherry’ or ‘Indian Ginseng,’ the plant is known for its rasayana (or chemical tonic) property.
It is an herbal formulation that stimulates better physical and mental health and happiness. In addition, you may have heard about the ‘Ashwagandha Churna,’ which is a finely sieved Ashwagandha powder that offers healing benefits when mixed with water, ghee, or honey and consumed regularly.
Why is Ashwagandha so Beneficial?
Ashwagandha’s medicinal properties are often attributed to its unique chemical structures. It is characterized by a unique set of special compounds known as phytochemicals that can overlap with the ones that activate pathways in our bodies. Ashwagandha benefits for skin us in various ways, like boosting memory and concentration, and is thus advised for students.
Skincare experts have studied Ashawagandha’s chemical composition in detail. They found that it contains many antioxidants and minerals that help vitalize the skin cells and make them resilient against premature aging and seasonal changes. They can also be best used to reverse the ill effects of certain chemically-enriched products. In addition, this herb also helps boost blood circulation, thus strengthening the nervous system.
In the next few sections, we will describe the benefits of Ashwagandha. Also, we’ll figure out how we may best incorporate it into our daily routine.
Amazing Ashwagandha Benefits for Skin
Ashwagandha is an adaptogen herb. Available in various forms, such as supplements, powders, tea, tinctures, or raw forms, it effectively treats several health concerns.
Here are some of the best-known benefits of Ashwagandha for skincare:
- Reduces inflammations and skin allergies: Several skin infections such as psoriasis, eczema, atopic dermatitis, bruise, wound, insect bite, or allergy can potentially increase the temperature of the affected area, thus causing a burning and irritating sensation. Ashwagandha is quite effective in reducing chronic pain and inflammation caused in the skin.
Tip: To treat skin allergies, we recommend you apply Mamaearth Aloe Ashwagandha Gel. It features Aloe Vera, Ashwagandha, Vitamin E, and Glycerin. This gel imparts a youthful glow, hydrates & soothes the skin, moisturizes the skin deeply, and fights oxidative stress.
- Treats hyperpigmentation: We are aware of the various causes of skin pigmentation, which include prolonged exposure to UV rays and harmful environmental elements, which can cause excess melanin production in the skin. Ashwagandha benefits in melanin production in the skin cells, reduces fine lines, and helps the skin retain its natural softness.
We thus recommend you apply Mamaearth Aloe Vera Gel Moisturizer that features Aloe Vera Gel and Ashwagandha. These ingredients hydrate the skin, reduce inflammation, and glow youthful.
- Treats infections: Nothing is possibly worse than an infection in the urinary tract. It is often caused due to yeast infections. Using Ashwagandha for skin surely helps greatly because this herb has antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties that help neutralize infections.
- Treats acne and slows down multiple signs of aging: Prolonged exposure to harmful environmental elements leads to excessive sebum production in the skin cells, leading to acne formation. Ashwagandha’s benefits for female and male users are related to curbing the production of excess sebum and deep cleansing skin. They may also include cleansing impurities from the skin layers, thus preventing the formation of acne and other signs of aging.
Regularly washing your face with Mamaearth Aloe Vera Face Wash, enriched with the goodness of Aloe Vera, Ashwagandha, and Glycerine will help you achieve acne-free skin. It cleanses and soothes skin, provides adequate moisturization, fights oxidative stress by removing free radicals, and helps you have a glowing and radiant appearance.
- Promotes skin regeneration: Sourced by antioxidants and medicinal compounds, Ashwagandha benefits for skin’s texture by boosting collagen production and providing deep nourishment. This process also helps remove dead skin cells and form new ones, giving us radiant-looking skin.
We recommend you apply Mamaearth Aloe Vera Night Cream. It features Aloe Vera, Citric Acid, Glycerin, and Ashwagandha. This face cream takes care of the night skin routine and promotes cell regeneration when you are asleep. You can wake up to healthy, supple, and fresh-looking skin in the morning.
- Helps treat skincare issues: Prolonged exposure to cosmetics infused with toxic chemicals can trigger keratosis in your skin, leaving it dull and dehydrated. Ashwagandha for skin is an effective antidote for controlling keratosis and relaxes your skin tissues. It also imparts deep moisturization and hydration by promoting hyaluronan production (an enzyme or linear polysaccharide that softens the skin tissues).
- Naturally plumps the skin: Using Ashwagandha for skin care helps you get skin-calming properties. The latter refreshes the body and induces a peaceful sleep. It also controls the depletion of collagen production and enhances it, which effectively helps smoothen fine lines and wrinkles. This helps maintain skin elasticity, making the skin plump naturally.
- Treats Vitiligo: It is a harmless skin condition that causes loss of skin color in patches when melanin pigment cells die or stop functioning. Although Ashwagandha may not be able to cure it completely, it can help slow down its spread for some time.
- Combats issues related to menopause: There are high chances of hormonal imbalance in women after a certain age, which may lead to anxiety, depression, hot flashes, and even trouble sleeping. Ashwagandha gel or powder curbs the endocrine system, which helps to alleviate such symptoms.
- Treats sickness and nausea:
Loaded with powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and antibacterial properties, Ashwagandha gel helps prevent and reduce skin infection risk. In addition, it can be used as a potential homemade remedy and is available in various natural skin care products.
Other Benefits of Ashwagandha Benefits for Men, Women & Child
- Improves fertility: Infertility is a health condition in which a woman fails to conceive or may suffer a miscarriage. It is caused due to hormonal imbalance, lifestyle, physical injury, etc. Ashwagandha for skin contains many active compounds, amino acids, lipids, and peptides that improve the endocrine system that regulates adrenal and thyroid glands.
- Regularizing the menstrual cycle: Women suffering from excessive stress and anxiety issues may also have a delayed menstrual cycle. This is because stress affects their hormonal balance and may lead to delayed periods, irregular periods, period cramps, fertility issues, and facial hair growth. Ashwagandha stimulates blood flow, which improves fertility and regularizes the period cycle.
- Fights vaginal infections: Backed by antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, Ashwagandha for skin is quite effective in treating vaginal infections, such as yeast infections.
- Improves blood sugar levels: If compared to men, the physical and biological metabolism of women is quite different, which is also quite responsible for making them a victim of health concerns, such as diabetes. Several factors, such as hormonal imbalance or fluctuations, improper menstrual cycle, PCOS, and many more, affect the health of a woman’s body.
This can be considered one of the most practical benefits of ashwagandha powder because it helps regulate sugar levels and controls frequent sugar cravings. In addition, it also helps in reducing the excess fat in the blood.
- Helps with faster weight loss: Stress is one of the worst causes of various ailments globally. It is one direct reason behind weight gain in women. Regularly taking a teaspoon of ashwagandha powder benefits you by improving overall health and lowering unnecessary physiological and mental stress. It does that by reducing cortisol levels & food cravings and improving eating habits.
Ashwagandha benefits in treating the issues mentioned above and helps provide a calming effect on the nervous system. It may also be advised to people suffering from chronic anxiety and restlessness.
- Addresses vitality: Ashwagandha is a time-tested ingredient that strengthens the human nervous system. It is also a potential aphrodisiac that effectively increases testosterone levels and reduces stress-induced loss of vitality.
- Enhances athletic performance: Ashwagandha possesses several benefits for men, identical to those offered for women. Many studies show that benefits of Ashwagandha for male users physical performance in men by enhancing their strength and oxygen utilization during exercise. It also helps in the formation of muscle strength.
- Accelerates the growth of bones: Men’s testosterone levels tend to reduce as age passes. This cream-colored natural powder increases testosterone levels in the body, which is necessary for bone growth, muscle mass, and strength. In addition, it contains alkaloids that function as natural strength boosters.
- Effective pain reliever for arthritis: Ashwagandha can be a popular remedy for relieving the pain caused due to arthritis, though it cannot treat the problem. Backed by anti-inflammatory properties, it prevents the transmission of pain signals to the central nervous system.
- Relieves stress and anxiety: This medicinal herb is an effective adaptogen remedy to counter the effects of stress on the body. It is a perfect Ayurvedic remedy to treat stress and anxiety, most of which everyone suffers from nowadays. This can be one of the helpful Ashwagandha benefits for children and young generations.
- Improves cardiac health: Including Ashwagandha in your diet increases the oxygen levels in the body. A healthy and increased oxygen flow is vital in enhancing cardiorespiratory endurance. In addition, this treats high cholesterol, chest pain, high blood, and many other heart diseases which lead to heart failure.
- Promotes immunity: We all want this, especially after going through a COVID-19 pandemic. So improving immunity has become important for our little ones or ourselves. Boosting immunity is one of the benefits that Ashwagandha offers. It increases enzymes and WBCs and promotes the development of antibodies that help fight any infection.
- Makes brain sharper: Several proven studies indicate that Ashwagandha is quite effective in boosting brain power by raising the levels of acetylcholine in the brain. It is the most important chemical neurotransmitter associated with boosting the functioning of brain power. This results in a sharper memory and stronger retention power.
- Regulates hormones and controls thyroid: The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland located near Adam’s apple in our throat. It is quite essential for our healthy body functions. But if the gland produces excess or fewer hormones, it can lead to several health issues, such as irregular hair loss, rapid weight gain or weight loss, brain fog, and weak immunity.
- Ashwagandha powder benefits the body’s thyroid mechanism naturally. Therefore, if taken in prescribed amounts, it can effectively assist in controlling the secretion of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) and treat hypothyroidism & hyperthyroidism.
Apart from the health benefits mentioned above, Ashwagandha benefits us by reducing the spread of various health concerns such as asthma, diabetes, ulcers, and Alzheimer’s; Its regular use may also help stabilize weight and height profile. There are plenty of magical benefits of Ashwagandha for both men and women, right? But do you know it benefits your little loved one in the most magical ways? Yes, it does so. Want to see it? How? Let’s have a look at the Ashwagandha benefits for your child.
- Makes muscles stronger
Ashwagandha gel is one of the perfect ways to improve the child’s muscle strength which helps in preventing injuries. Massaging the baby with the oil can assist you in improving muscular strength and increases endurance, speed, and coordination.
- Encourages better sleep
Massaging with the Ashwagandha root oil effectively promotes your child’s sleep schedule. As we live in a technologically advanced world, electromagnetic frequencies have affected children’s sleep schedules. Massaging a child’s body with this oil helps relax his nerves and improves his sleep.
- Boosts immune system
Everybody wants a healthy and strong immune system after the pandemic. The magical Ashwagandha benefits for children are quite effective as it is rich in anti-oxidative and immunomodulatory properties, which help develop antibodies. This helps the child’s body to react confidently toward a potentially fatal infection.
How Can You Use Ashwagandha at Home?
We recommend you apply Mamaearth Aloe Vera Day Cream, enriched with the goodness of Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha. It moisturizes the skin, protects it from UV rays, and improves skin texture.
- Ashwagandha Face Pack: If you want to use Ashwagandha topically, you can create a face pack using the Ashwagandha powder for instantly glowing skin. Add ½ tsp of powder to a bowl and mix it with water to create a paste-like consistency. Apply it all over the face and let it dry. Wash with normal water and apply a moisturizer containing Ashwagandha.
- Ashwagandha Face Toner: Applying a homemade facial toner based on Ashwagandha benefits for skin in minimizing the appearance of pores, removing excess oil, and retaining skin moisture. In a bowl, add Ashwagandha powder and mix it with honey or milk, depending on your skin type. Transfer this mix to a bottle and spray it after cleansing your face. Follow with a moisturizer.
There are plenty of benefits of Ashwagandha for skin. Ashwagandha imparts deep moisturization and hydration that enhances the production of hyaluronan. Also, you can create a dedicated skincare routine of Ashwagandha for skin.
Among the best-known Ashwagandha benefits for skin care are the following:
1. Using it as a facial cleanser: Washing your face with a gentle face wash is crucial. Be it day or night, you should make a habit of cleansing your face, as it helps eliminate clogged pores, makeup products, and excess sebum, making your skin feel fresh and rejuvenated.
We recommend choosing a natural and toxin-free face wash, such as Mamaearth Aloe Vera Face Wash. It contains Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha that help purify the skin and calm skin inflammations, thus giving you a youthful glow.
2. Exfoliating your skin: If you want to achieve healthy and glowing skin, then you should practice regular exfoliation twice a week as it assists in removing dirt & impurities from the deeper layers of the skin. This gives the skin a youthful glow.
If you can’t find an appropriate face scrub for your skin, consider using a natural & toxin-free Mamaearth Green Tea Face Scrub. Along with the gentle exfoliation of the skin, it helps in smoothening out the skin.
3. Say hello to face serum: A face serum is one of the shortest ways which helps in imparting a radiant and healthy glow by reducing aging signs. Applying it can make you look young in no time and nourishes your skin gently.
We advise you to pick Mamaearth Aloe Vera Face Serum, which contains the natural goodness of Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha. It helps hydrate the skin deeply, enhance collagen production, and lessen the effect of pigmentation, imparting a youthful glow. You can also choose face serums that protect from UV light, such as Mamaearth Aloe Vera Sunscreen Face Serum. It has SPF 55 & PA+++, doesn’t leave any white cast, and ensures 24-hour hydration.
4. Moisturization is important: Only our skin is healthy, soft, and supple to effectively hydrate and moisturize it by applying body lotion and face moisturizer on the face.
You should opt for a natural and toxin-free skin hydrator, such as Aloe Vera Gel Moisturizer, which contains the goodness of Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha. It is a lightweight formula that hydrates the skin and gives you a youthful glow.
You can also pick an oil-free solution for moisturizing your skin, such as Mamaearth Aloe Vera Oil-Free Face Moisturizer. It helps calm down skin inflammations and ensures 24-hour hydration.
5. Pamper your skin: It is an effective and magical way to make your skin happy by supplying it with the goodness of natural ingredients with the help of a natural face mask. Applying the face masks twice a week assists in reviving the skin’s health, making it squeaky clean & healthy.
We advise you to pick Mamaearth Aloe Vera Sleeping Mask, which contains the goodness of Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha. It helps reduce blemishes and provides a constant dose of hydration for 24 hours, making the skin healthy.
Ashwagandha for skin offers several health benefits to men, women, and children. Be it health or having skin or hair, this Ayurvedic medicine can impact your life positively. It can be a go-to solution for treating skin care problems. However, its oral consumption may lead to gut-related problems, and thus using it topically in the form of some toxin-free skincare products is advised.
You may thus count on us too. We are Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified Brand, as we create products with natural and toxin-free ingredients that help you have the best results. In addition, we are busy spreading the Goodness of Nature through our sustainability drives about planting trees and recycling plastic. These humanitarian endeavors help us reduce our carbon footprint and make our world a better place.
- Is Ashwagandha good for women?
Yes, Ashwagandha is an adaptogen herb that assists women in several health problems such as regularizing the menstrual cycle, fighting off infections, improving the nervous system, and boosting health. When it comes to its skin care benefits, it helps combat a variety of skin aging issues, such as hyperpigmentation, acne, blemishes, and much more.
- Is Ashwagandha good for skin and hair?
Yes, Ashwagandha is good for skin and hair. Ashwagandha helps regenerate new skin cells, promotes collagen production, and effectively nourishes the skin.
- Does Ashwagandha make skin glow?
Ashwagandha helps you to get a glowing and radiant appearance.
- Can Ashwagandha clear Acne?
Ashwagandha’s benefits by mentioning that it cures many health problems in addition to several skin care issues like acne.
|Popular Search Terms|
Vitamin C Serum Benefits, best underarm whitening cream, Almond oil benefits, lipstick shades for indian skin, Lip Care Tips, Rice Water for Skin, Rice Water for Hair, What is retinol, Hair Growth Tips, Hair Loss, Tea Tree Oil Benefits, Hair Fall, Dry hair, Oily Skin, Dry Skin, Glowing Skin Tips, Dark Spots on face, Pigmentation on face, Papules acne, Acne, Pimple, Summer Skin Care Tips, Best Scar Removal Cream, Acne and Pimples, Skin Care Routine for dry skin, Blackheads and Whiteheads, Uneven Skin Tones, vitamin products