Are you struggling with skin that appears sallow and a dry and itchy scalp? Or are you suffering from dry and rough hair? Your skin and hair also need a dose of hydration to keep them looking healthy. One such ingredient that doubles up as a potent solution to tackle your skin and hair care woes is wheat germ oil.
The main uses of wheat germ oil can be found in various skin and hair care products. Packed with the goodness of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and essential nutrients, it can do more than just protect your skin and hair against environmental stressors while keeping it healthy and nourished. This quick-read blog will allow you to know everything about wheat germ oil, its benefits for skin & hair, and how can you reap the benefits of this oil in your skincare routine.
Pro Tip: Try the best face wash for treating open pores- Mamaearth’s Green Tea Face Wash. Powered by Green Tea & Collagen, it helps deeply cleanse the face and gently removes dirt and impurities.
Exploring Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat germ oil is extracted from the wheat kernels’ center (germ or embryo) using the cold-press method. It is rich in fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients, such as Vitamin A, E, D, K, and minerals like Potassium, Zinc, and Iron, which provide a multitude of benefits for the skin and hair. Known as ‘liquid gold, it is another ingredient that is naturally rich in Vitamin E.
Wheat Germ Oil Benefits for Skin
Wheat germ oil is a highly hydrating oil that keeps the skin nourished, soft and supple for hours together. Wheat germ oil for skin benefits is many, as it is rich in fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that are good for the skin. Let’s explore some of the benefits of this wonder ingredient in skin, first.
- Moisturizes the skin: Known for its excellent emollient properties, wheat germ oil keeps the skin soft, supple, and moisturized for long hours. It is known for its excellent moisturizing properties. Vitamin E in the oil helps to nourish and hydrate the skin, promoting a smoother and softer complexion.
- Fights signs of aging: The antioxidant properties of wheat germ oil can help protect the skin from free radical damage, which is a significant contributor to premature aging.
- Improves skin tone: The oil is packed with vitamins A and D that help to even out the skin tone and fade blemishes and dark spots, which allows you to get a natural glow to the skin.
- Soothes dry and irritated skin: If you have dry and irritated skin, a dose of wheat germ is all you need to keep these conditions at bay, as the oil deeply hydrates the skin.
- Boosts collagen production: Collagen is a protein that provides structural support to the skin, keeping it firm and elastic. The fatty acids in the oil help promote collagen synthesis, which gives you firmer-looking skin.
- Promotes skin regeneration: Vitamins B and E in the oil promote healthy skin cell regeneration by repairing skin damage.
Tip: While using the oil in skin care, you can use it as a carrier oil and apply it to slightly damp skin. Because of its fast absorbing and hydrating properties, it is found in various products from Mamaearth. Explore this wonder ingredient in our range of products in the bath, face wash, toners, and sunscreen categories.
Wheat Germ oil benefits for hair
Wheat germ oil offers several benefits in a hair care regime. Now, let’s explore some of the benefits of Wheat Germ Oil for Hair.
- Provides deep hydration: Wheat germ oil is rich in Vitamin E, essential nutrients, minerals, and fatty acids, which provide deep nourishment and hydration to the hair. This results in softer, smoother, and more manageable tresses.
- Promotes hair growth: With regular use, it boosts blood circulation to the scalp, which in turn can stimulate the hair follicles, which aids in faster hair growth.
- Strengthens hair: Packed with proteins that strengthen the hair shaft, it helps to reduce hair breakage and prevents split ends. It breathes a lease of life to dull and damaged hair making it stronger and healthier.
- Adds a natural shine: Regular use of wheat germ oil can enhance the natural shine and luster of the hair.
- Protects against damage: The antioxidant properties in the oil help protect the hair from environmental stressors caused by free radicals. By forming a protective barrier on the hair, it reduces the impact of harmful UV rays, pollutants, and styling tools.
- Soothes the scalp: Say goodbye to an itchy and flaky scalp when you use wheat germ oil. The calming properties of the oil help to soothe scalp irritations and inflammation and promotes overall scalp health.
Tip: While using the oil in hair care, it can be applied topically, from the scalp to the length of the hair. Massage the scalp to boost blood circulation. It works effectively as a pre-shampoo treatment to soften your tresses and soothe the scalp.
Word of caution: Like most new products you want to try, our team of experts recommends carrying out a patch test to eliminate any potential allergies to the ingredients in the product.
Tips for Maintaining Healthy and Glowing Skin
Achieving healthy and glowing skin is not at all that difficult. With the right skincare routine, healthy lifestyle practices, and skincare products, you can get that luminous glow on your skin.
1. Cleanse off your skin with a hydrating yet natural face wash and natural bathing soap or body lotion to get rid of unwanted build-up that your skin holds and weighs your looks down.
For washing your face, you can opt for natural face wash, such as Mamaearth Green Tea Face Wash, which not only gently cleanses the skin, but also tighten pores, boosts elasticity, and maintains the pH balance of the skin.
Mamaearth Green Tea Face Wash
|Available Offer||35% Off|
For washing the rest of the skin, you can opt for Mamaearth Honey Malai Nourishing Bathing Soap as it gently cleanses skin and hydrates the skin. It is infused with honey and malai that nourishes and adds glow to the skin and replenishes the moisture in the skin.
Mamaearth Honey Malai Nourishing Bathing Soap
|Available Offer||35% Off|
2. Practice exfoliation with a face scrub and body scrub twice a week to get rid of dead skin cells, impurities, and excess oil to avoid any occurrence of skin breakouts.
3. Regularly tone your skin with a face toner and balance your skin’s pH levels, revitalizing your skin by deep cleansing the skin pores, and giving the dose of essential nutrients to your skin.
Mamaearth Green Tea Face Toner
|Available Offer||35% Off|
4. Often, apply a face mask to deeply rejuvenate your skin and get rid of all the grime and dirt on the skin.
5. Hydrate your skin regularly with a face moisturizer or a face cream as it will soften the skin, moisturize it, and address any visible aging signs. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen before you head out as it will protect it from harmful UV rays.
6. Seal in the moisture in the skin with a hydrating face serum. It will also help you in protecting the skin from environmental pollutants.
Wrapping it Up
Backed by essential vitamins and minerals, Wheat Germ Oil is a go-to specialist for the skin and hair. It offers more benefits than you have ever imagined. We advise you to take a patch test before you go ahead and use this ingredient for your daily use.
We advise you to avoid using products that harm your skin unnecessarily. Instead, pick a brand that creates safety-certified natural products. As Asia’s 1st `MadeSafe- Certified brand, Mamaearth stays committed to including safe and toxin-free ingredients in our natural products that remain effective for you and benefit your skin for a longer period.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is wheat germ oil?
Wheat germ oil is extracted from the wheat kernels’ center (germ or embryo) using the cold-press method. It is rich in fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients for the skin and hair.
- Is wheat germ oil good for the skin?
Yes, this is a widely used oil in skin care products. It has anti-aging properties that help to prevent premature aging of the skin. Additionally, it is packed with the goodness of Vitamin E that keeps the skin supple and nourished. With regular use, it can control sebum production, which can lead to breakouts and acne.
- How to use wheat germ oil on the face?
You can use it as a carrier oil and apply it directly to the face or use a product like a moisturizer containing wheat germ oil as one of the base ingredients for best results.
- How to apply wheat germ oil on the face?
To apply the oil to the face, take a few drops of the carrier oil and apply it on damp skin. Massage well till the oil is completely absorbed into your skin. Wheat germ oil is touted to be an anti-aging agent that promotes skin repair and prevents visible signs of aging.
- Can I use wheat germ oil on my face every day?
Yes, you can use wheat germ oil on your face every day. With its moisturizing, antioxidant, and regenerative properties, it is one of the ideal ingredients that can be used for skin care in a daily regime.
how to get rid of black spots on face,toner for oily skin,gel based oily skin moisturizer, serum for your hair, smooth hair, under eye patches, anti acne gel, multani mitti, blueberry benefits, fermented rice water, uv rays, frizz hair, greying of hair, silky hair, high porosity hair, how to hydrate hair, calendula, sweet almond oil, stearic acid uses, goat milk soap, titanium dioxide, propylene glycol, allantonin, xanthan gum, grapeseed oil, eucalyptus oil benefits, virgin coconut oil, virgin olive oil, cetyl alcohol