With the season changing quite frequently nowadays, there are chances that the upheaval could affect your skin too. We’ve been oscillating between heavy rains and extreme heat that can sometimes cause excessive sweating to dry out the skin and even tanning. Based on this seasonal change, you should determine your skincare routine. For example, if you have dry skin, you will need to include face oils in your skincare, and for oily, acne-prone, or sensitive skin, you will need a gel based oily skin moisturizer.
Wait, did we catch you wondering if a good, chemical-free gel-based moisturizer exists for oily skin in India? The answer is yes! You can choose from some good-quality ones on Mamaearth, specifically formulated for people with oily skin. You may note that a gel-based moisturizer can help all skin types because it keeps the skin deeply hydrated and maintains its pH.
But let us first understand what exactly a gel-based moisturizer is.
Pro Tip: Try our Aloe Vera Gel for Skin and Hair. Being enriched with Vitamin E and Glycerin, it helps hydrate and soothe the skin, and keeps the scalp healthy.
What is a Gel-based Moisturizer?
A gel-based moisturizer is a type of moisturizer that has a lightweight, water-based formula with a gel-like texture.
Unlike cream-based moisturizers, which have a heavier texture and are often oil-based, gel-based moisturizers are formulated to provide hydration without adding excess oil to the skin. Such face gels or moisturizers are absorbed quickly and leave a cooling, refreshing feeling on the skin.
Why should you choose a gel-based moisturizer?
You should choose a gel-based moisturizer if you have the following:
- Oily skin
- Sensitive skin
- Skin that is prone to breakouts
Gel-based moisturizers often contain ingredients that may or may not include Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, and/or Glycerin that provides deep hydration to the skin. And even if these are used consistently, these gel-based moisturizers do not clog the pores or make the skin feel oily.
So while these skin types mentioned above may be the best suited to a gel-based moisturizer, the truth is that any skin type can use them.
What are the benefits of using a gel-based moisturizer?
Every product will have its pros and cons. Let us look at some of the benefits of a gel-based moisturizer. Gel-based moisturizers are:
- Easily absorbed into the skin.
- Great to balance the skin’s pH.
- Refreshing and cooling on the skin.
- Suitable for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Soothing and calming for inflamed skin.
- Lightweight and have a non-greasy texture.
- High on hydration without making skin look oily.
- Non-comedogenic in nature, which means it won’t clog pores.
What are the cons of using a gel-based moisturizer?
We looked at the benefits of using a gel-based moisturizer, and let us look at some cons of a gel-based moisturizer. A gel-based moisturizer may not:
- Be effective for very mature skin.
- Be the perfect base before makeup.
- Be hydrating enough for extreme climates.
- Provide enough hydration for dehydrated skin.
- Offer adequate protection against UV pollutants.
- Offer a long-lasting moisturizing effect like face creams.
Note: Sometimes, a gel-based moisturizer may need frequent reapplication to maintain hydration. Such an experience would depend on various factors like changing weather conditions, nutrition levels, other skincare products used, and skin type.
Now that you know the pros and cons of using gel-based moisturizers, the next question is to find out if good gel-based moisturizers are available in India. And here we are, sharing some of the best gel-based moisturizers you can use in your skincare regime.
What Are Some of India’s Best Gel-Based Moisturizers for Oily Skin?
There are many gel-based moisturizers available for oily skin in India. Before you choose one, ensure it is free from harmful chemicals and is made with safe ingredients. You should also check for valid certifications from noted agencies like Made Safe and FDA.
Here is a list of our best gel moisturizers for oily skin:
1. Rice Water and Niacinamide Moisturizer – The secret to glassy skin and long-lasting hydration has arrived. Get the gorgeous skin that the Far-Eastern women boasted of with the secret ingredient, Rice Water. A lightweight formula that gets absorbed quickly to promote an evened-out skin tone and give you a glassy look.
2. Aloe Vera Gel with Ashwagandha – Get ready for oodles of hydration without making your skin feel or look oily or greasy. Perfect for all year round, the potent combination of Ashwagandha and Aloe Vera is all you need for skin that feels soft and supple.
3. Aqua Gel Moisturizer – A blend of Himalayan Thermal Water with Hyaluronic Acid is all your skin needs to stay happy and hydrated. This cool-to-the-touch gel moisturizer protects the skin from inflammation and improves the skin’s barrier to prevent moisture loss. After all, hydrated skin equals happy skin!
4. Ubtan Ultra-Light Gel – Ban the tan with the goodness of turmeric and saffron! This lightweight moisturizer suits the face and the body. Its super-fast absorbing formula penetrates deep into the skin and keeps it hydrated without making it feel sticky or heavy. In addition, Turmeric and Saffron in the gel protect the skin from UV rays and pollution.
5. Vitamin C Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer – Vitamin C in this fast-absorbing gel moisturizer helps to reduce skin dullness, while aloe vera helps to cool and soothe the skin. Every time you use this gel-based moisturizer, your skin gets a shot of hydration! Use it in the morning to prep your skin for the day or at night to give your skin time to repair.
Now that we know about the different types of gel-based moisturizers for oily skin, let’s zero in on a skincare routine that may help you achieve hydrated and nourished skin.
Skincare routine for treating oily skin
A skincare routine can involve a range of good-quality skin care and Colorcare products, depending on individual needs and preferences. Here are the ones you can opt for from Mamaearth:
1. Use once or twice a day
You will need skin care products in your daily and weekly skincare regime.
- Clean with a face wash: A face wash or face cleanser helps you get rid of dirt, dust, oil, or makeup particles that may have accumulated through the day. Skin experts recommend using a face wash in the AM and PM regime twice daily.
- Spritz on some toner: Using a toner sets your skin for any other skin care products that you may have to use. Toners help to remove any traces of dirt and makeup and help to balance the skin’s pH.
- Prep your skin with a moisturizer: A face moisturizer is used to hydrate the skin and prevent dryness. Using it twice a day after washing the face helps keep the facial canvas free from dryness and inflammation. Be sure to pick a moisturizer gel for oily skin if you are experiencing acne or pimples.
- Soak in serum: A serum is a skincare product that may not be apt for everyone. A skin serum targets specific skin concerns, such as fine lines, dark spots, or uneven skin tone. But if you are using a serum, use a bit to let your skin feel more hydrated and moisturized.
- Use a hydrating gel: A gel is typically used by people with oily, acne-prone, or sensitive skin. Using a gel-based moisturizer helps to nourish the skin and hydrate it without making it look oily.
- Slather some sunscreen: This is important to protect the skin from harmful UV rays and prevent sun damage. Apply sunscreen before you step out of your home, and when you are outside, reapply it after every 3-4 hours. When you apply sunscreen, it helps to protect your skin against environmental pollutants.
2. Use once or twice a week
These skincare products are best used weekly because your skin will need less. A face scrub and face mask can help a lot and should be used once a week.
- Slough the dead skin with a scrub: You can use an exfoliator or a face scrub to remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover. In addition, using a face scrub helps to reveal new skin underneath.
- Pamper with a face mask: You can use a face mask once a week to indulge in a spa-like treatment at home. A face mask provides a deeper treatment for the skin.
3. Use once a month
You can do a facial in your home once a month. Mamaearth has two facial kits, namely Ubtan and Vitamin C. They offer a six-step face care routine to pamper your skin and leave it feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
A word of caution: You should use skincare products as per your skin type and skincare routine. You may also want to include spot correction treatments for targeted concerns. Finally, don’t forget to conduct a patch test when using a new product.
What is the best way to use a gel based oily skin moisturizer?
To apply a gel moisturizer, follow these steps:
- Start using a gentle cleanser to remove traces of dirt, oil, or makeup from your skin.
- Next, spritz on a face toner and let it settle for about a minute.
- Now, take a pea-sized amount of gel moisturizer onto your fingertips.
- Dot the moisturizer onto your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.
- Gently massage the moisturizer into your skin using upward and outward motions. Don’t forget to massage your neck too.
Allow the moisturizer to absorb fully into your skin before applying any other products or makeup.
Some questions that users ask from our skincare experts
- Which is the best gel moisturizer for oily skin?
You can give the aloe vera gels from Mamaearth a try. While they are suited for all skin types, aloe vera gels work beautifully on oily and sensitive skin because of their lightweight texture.
- Can we use a gel-based moisturizer for normal skin?
Most gel-based moisturizers are formulated for all skin types. So even if you have normal skin, you can use a gel-based moisturizer to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated.
- Is gel moisturizer good for oily skin?
Yes, a gel moisturizer is suitable for oily skin because it is lightweight and fast absorbing and keeps the skin moisturized without making it look oily or greasy.
- Is there a moisturizer gel for oily skin?
Yes. Try the aloe vera gels from Mamaearth. They are a few variants that have been formulated for specific skin types. These gels are best suited for oily and sensitive skin because of their lightweight texture.
- Can you use a gel-based moisturizer for acne-prone skin?
Yes, you can. This is because gel-based moisturizers are super lightweight in texture and will not clog pores, which ensures fewer or no breakouts for people with sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Why should you use gel based oily skin moisturizer?
A gel-based moisturizer has a cooling and refreshing effect on the skin that can also calm the skin. This factor of soothing the skin is beneficial for those with oily or combination skin types.
- Can we use aloe vera gel as a moisturizer for oily skin?
Yes, aloe vera gel can be a moisturizer for oily skin. Aloe vera gels are lightweight and non-greasy, keeping your skin hydrated. Because of its light texture, it will not make your skin look oily. Additionally, aloe vera has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that can benefit oily or acne-prone skin.
- Is gel moisturizer good for oily skin?
Yes, you can use a gel based oily skin moisturizer. Most skin experts will recommend using a gel-based moisturizer as it is lightweight and fast absorbing. It keeps the skin moisturized without making it look oily or greasy.
- Does gel moisturizer clog pores?
Gel moisturizers generally have a lightweight, water-based texture that is less likely to clog pores than heavier cream-based moisturizers.
- Who should use a gel-based moisturizer?
Gel-based moisturizers are generally recommended for people with oily, combination, or acne-prone skin. A gel-based moisturizer is lightweight and contains no creams or fewer oils; it is fast absorbed into the skin. As a result, it will not clog the pores, keep the skin moisturized, and maintain the skin's pH balance.
- Can I use the gel moisturizer at night?
Gel-based moisturizers are perfect to use in the AM and PM routines. It gives your skin the boost of hydration and nourishment that it needs without clogging the pores or making it look oily. So yes, you can use a gel moisturizer at night too.
- How do you apply gel moisturizer?
You should first wash your face with a sulfate-free and toxin-free face cleanser. This would help eliminate dust, dirt, grime, and excess oil that you may have on your facial skin. You should pat your skin dry. Then, take out a pea-sized amount of the gel moisturizer, and dot it all over your face. You should emphasize your cheeks, forehead, and nose, and then spread it to your neck. Be sure to apply the gel moisturizer twice a day for the best results.
|Popular Search Terms|
baby lotion for dry skin, baby cream for face, turmeric cream, baby care products,best cream for itchy skin rash, dry skin foundation, dry skin soap,glowing skin cream,essential oil for hair,receding hairline, combination skin face wash, cleanser for combination skin, telogen effluvium,hair breakage,hair wash, redensyl,isopropyl myristate,reetha,eucalyptus oil,phenoxyethanol,cocamidopropyl betaine,myristic acid,cetostearyl alcohol,stearic acid,lauric acid, best anti aging serum for 40s,oily hair,seborrheic dermatitis,how to get rid of black spots on face,toner for oily skin