A wise woman once said, ‘The hero alone can’t run the movie; the people behind the curtains make it worth watching.’ How often do we hear about the tireless team of support crew who bring the jaw-dropping scenes of any movie to life? Almost never. Today, we will discuss one underestimated backstage skincare hero – Allantoin.
What is the usual pattern behind buying a particular skincare product? You hear about it, verify its credibility, quickly examine the major ingredients, and pay the price. Isn’t it? But do we know about any chemical compounds that benefit your skin naturally? This blog will discuss Allantoin’s existence, usage, benefits, and existence in our bestselling products. Read along!
Try Mamaearth Coco Soft Face Cream! It is enriched with the goodness of Coconut Milk, Shea Butter, & Turmeric to nourish the baby’s gentle skin with mild, natural & toxin-free ingredients.
Allantoin – Understanding the Backstage Ingredient
We are often wired to think that a chemical compound is only meant to cause harm to our skin. But that’s not true. Allantoin for skin is a naturally occurring compound in plants, animals, and humans. History says it was discovered by Michele Francesco Buniva, an Italian physician, and a French Chemist Louis Nicholas Vauquelin who mistakenly believed Allantoin was present in amniotic fluid.
Also known as Aluminium Dihydroxy Allantoniate is a white, odorless powder found in skincare products due to its ability to soothe and calm the skin. The ingredient can also treat skin irritation and protect the skin from any unnecessary harm.
Where Is Allantoin Used?
Allantoin has been underrated and underestimated by many. Even today, it has very less awareness and popularity among skincare enthusiasts. Let’s enlighten the use of Allantoin here in detail:
- Cosmetics: We love the recreated look we always flaunt with our favorite makeup products. But did you know that Allantoin works towards preventing irritation, and this quality makes it a must-have in cosmetics? Now you know!
- Haircare: Haircare products like shampoos are known to have Allantoin in significant quantities. That’s because it has excellent hydrating qualities that prevent dryness and provide intense moisture to your hair strands.
- Skincare: From face scrubs and face masks to serums and body lotions, Allantoin is used in manufacturing them all. It is a great exfoliator and helps in providing clear, rejuvenated skin with care.
Mamaearth Neem Face Mask
- Pharmaceutical: Allantoin is used in manufacturing drugs and ointments as it is endogenous to the human body and has non-irritant qualities that help reduce sensitivity and offer relief from minor cuts, scrapes, pain, or wounds.
Benefits of Allantoin for Skin – Some Major Hits of All Time!
As humane as we are, we expect to know the benefits of every ingredient that makes our product work the best way. Here are some of the major benefits of Allantoin, meaning to makes it an amazing compound for skincare:
- Excellent hydration: Allantoin is a chemical substance with excellent hydrating qualities for your skin. It helps your skin retain moisture and makes it look naturally healthy.
- Gentle exfoliation: You may know by now how important face scrubs are. Allantoin has natural skin exfoliation properties that help prevent the accumulation of dead skin cells on the facial skin.
- No irritation: Some formulations may be effective for your skin, but it comes at a price that your skin has to pay. From skin irritation to hypersensitivity, certain issues need to be addressed before picking the product. Allantoin helps in preventing skin irritation and keeps sensitivity at bay.
- Reduces aging signs: We all want to look naturally beautiful and radiant all the time. Allantoin comes with anti-aging properties that help in reducing premature signs of aging. Treating fine lines and wrinkles to blemishes helps make the skin look younger and naturally youthful.
- Heals wounds: Allantoin comes with skin-healing properties and helps treat minor cuts, scars, and wounds on the skin with gentle care. It offers intense nourishment and diligently treats your skin with minimal effort.
Mamaearth Bestsellers to Try
Skincare is our forte, and we strive to give you the best in every possible way. By blending natural ingredients and today’s modern technology, here are some bestsellers with the goodness of Allantoin that make them a stellar contribution to your vanity:
1. Mamaearth Deeply Nourishing Body Wash for Babies: Create the best bath time for your little one with Mamaearth Deeply Nourishing Body Wash. It helps in cleansing their skin gently. It has natural cleansers that clean baby skin with care. Made with a tear-free formula, it is one of the most popular picks from our baby care range.
It has the goodness of Coconut & Orange Essential Oils that help in moisture retention. It also has Jojoba Oil and Aloe Vera Extract that prevents dryness, rashes, and skin irritation after a bath. It is toxin-free and MadeSafe Certified.
Mamaearth Deeply Nourishing Body Wash
2. Mamaearth Coco Soft Face Cream: Give your kid the best moisturization and natural nourishment with Mamaearth Coco Soft Face Cream. It has the goodness of Coconut Milk, Turmeric, Shea Butter, Citric Acid, and Allantoin to provide deep hydration and care to your kid’s facial skin. It is devoid of any harmful chemicals & toxins and carries MadeSafe Certification.
Mamaearth Coco Soft Face Cream
3. Mamaearth Aloe Turmeric Gel for Skin & Hair: Tired of facing dryness in your skin and hair every day? Get your hands on Mamaearth Aloe Turmeric Gel for ample and instant nourishment. It soothes rashes, has antibacterial properties, and is safe for skin and hair.
Mamaearth Aloe Turmeric Gel
Not every chemical compound we hear about is harmful to the skin. Substances like Allantoin help in bringing out the best in skincare products. We hope this article might have cleared your doubts regarding Allantoin, and you should start seeing it more as a skin-benefiting ingredient.
Nature and technology can blend amazingly well if the tweaks are done in the right areas. Here at Mamaearth, we strive to do the same daily so you get a better alternative for yourself and the generations to come. Happy skincare to you!
- What is Allantoin for the skin?
Allantoin works as a natural moisturizer and exfoliator for your skin. It is a naturally recurring compound in plants, animals, and humans. Known as a glycolic acid diureide, Allantoin is used in manufacturing various skincare essentials like cleansers, body lotions, serums, and face masks. It looks like a white powdery substance in pure form, white in color, and odorless. It has amazing qualities that help in protecting your skin from irritation and sensitivity.
- What is Allantoin used for?
Allantoin is usually used in manufacturing skincare products like creams, cleansers, face masks, moisturizers, etc. It is also used in preparing hair shampoo, serums, etc. It possesses amazing hydrating and skin exfoliation benefits that help deliver exceptional results from using your skincare essentials. It helps prevent irritation and protects your skin from sensitivity and inflammation.
- How does Allantoin work?
Allantoin is a lesser-known chemical substance occurring naturally in plants, animals, and humans. It is used in preparing natural skincare and hair products with complementing properties of other ingredients to deliver the best results.
- What are the benefits of Allantoin?
Allantoin brings your skin its best days with excellent hydrating and exfoliating benefits. It helps prevent dryness, unclogs your facial pores, and prevents acne or sudden breakouts. It helps eliminate dead skin cells from the facial skin and ensures freshness. Also, it works to heal your skin, improve cell regeneration, and fight signs of aging, giving you happier and healthier skin through your skincare essentials.
myristic acid,cetostearyl alcohol,stearic acid,lauric acid, best anti aging serum for 40s,oily hair,seborrheic dermatitis,how to get rid of black spots on face,toner for oily skin,gel based oily skin moisturizer, serum for your hair, smooth hair, under eye patches, anti acne gel, multani mitti, blueberry benefits, fermented rice water, uv rays, frizz hair, greying of hair, silky hair, high porosity hair, how to hydrate hair, calendula, sweet almond oil, stearic acid uses, goat milk soap, titanium dioxide, propylene glycol