Don’t you get excited to try new remedies to enhance your looks? When it comes to hair care, people are continuously looking for new and safe solutions to achieve healthy & lustrous hair. Among various options, one beauty secret that stood the test of time and captured the attention of many is Fermented Rice Water for hair.
The benefits of rice water include healthy and long hair by repairing damaged hair cells, promoting healthy hair growth, and adding shine to your hair.
If you regularly include rice in your diet, you’ve probably missed using the most potent ingredient for hair therapy. Japanese women in the Heian period (794-1185 CE) had the longest hair. They regularly practiced soaking their hair in the rice water. This article will explore the benefits of using fermented Rice Water for Hair and how to incorporate it into your hair care routine.
Pro Tip – Rice Water is known to reduce split ends and prevent excessive hair breakage. Try our Rice Water Conditioner that also features Keratin for Damaged, Dry and Frizzy Hair.
Understanding Fermented Rice Water for hair
Fermented Rice water is the leftover liquid that remains after soaking rice in water and allowing it to ferment for a certain period. Often, we let that liquid go down the drain, but after reading this write-up, you will surely not do that.
Founded and practiced through generations in several countries like Japan, China, Korea, and Southeast Asia, fermented rice water for hair is rich in vitamins and minerals that promote healthier hair growth.
The fermentation process allows the rice water to undergo biochemical changes, releasing vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which benefit both scalp and hair strands.
Mamaearth Rice Hair Oil
|Available Offer||35% Off|
Decoding the benefits of Fermented Rice Water for hair
Fermented Rice Water is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins & minerals that benefit the hair in various healthy ways by treating its roots and length. Let’s look at some of its notable benefits.
1. Promotes hair growth:
Fermented rice water is rich in essential nutrients that deeply nourish and strengthen the hair—backed by several vitamins, such as Vitamin B, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K, which play a crucial role in maintaining healthy hair.
It enhances blood circulation and promotes and provides a conducive environment for healthy hair growth. Fermented rice water regularly helps you get strong hair and reduces hair density.
2. Conditions and detangles hair:
Fermented rice water also works as a natural conditioner for dehydrated hair. Loaded with essential proteins and amino acids, it keeps the hair follicles hydrated, which makes the hair softer and more manageable. Regular application of Rice water repairs damaged hair, smoothen hair follicles, prevents frizz, and detangles the knots & tangles easily.
3. Shields against environmental damage:
This magical white-colored liquid can also protect the hair from damage caused by various environmental factors, such as UV radiation & pollution. The fermented rice water for hair forms a protective shield around the hair follicles, which minimizes the impact of harmful elements and prevents moisture loss.
4. Promotes overall hair health:
The essential nutrients in fermented rice water contribute to overall hair health. They help balance the scalp’s pH levels, reduce oiliness, and reduce hair fall by improving hair elasticity. It also reduces the breakage and friction in the hair.
Regularly applying rice water–backed hair care products will assist you in getting healthier, softer, stronger, and lustrous hair. You can use Mamaearth Rice Water Hair Mask, which has Rice Water and Keratin back, to smoothen your hair, repair the damage caused, and prevent further hair breakage.
Mamaearth Rice Water Hair Mask
|Available Offer||35% Off|
How to use Fermented Rice Water on your hair?
Creating fermented rice water for hair growth is a simple process that requires only two ingredients: Rice and Water. Follow the steps to create fermented rice water at home:
1. Wash half a cup of rice to eliminate any impurities.
2. Shift the rinsed rice into a clean bowl, add two cups of water, and let it soak for 30 minutes. Gently stir the rice in the water so that they release their nutrients in the water.
3. Strain the rice water into a clean container, cover it with a breathable cloth, and leave it at room temperature for 24-48 hours. It is where the fermentation takes place.
4. After fermentation, keep the rice water in the refrigerator for up to a week.
When the fermented rice water is ready after a week, apply it to your hair. Let’s see how you can apply it to your hair.
- First, wash your hair with hair shampoo to remove any impurities.
- Next, pour the fermented rice water onto your scalp and hair. Do ensure complete coverage. Gently massage your scalp for a few minutes to promote blood circulation.
- Leave the rice water on your hair for 10-15 minutes, and rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
Setting up a Rice-Water Based Hair Care Routine
You can also create a hair care regimen with natural hair care products. Let’s see some of the steps through which you can create a perfect rice water-based hair care routine.
1. Regularly rinse your hair with an effective, natural, toxin-free shampoo. It assists in eliminating all the dirt, impurities, and excess oil in the hair. You can opt for the best-fermented rice water shampoo, such as Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo, which helps in cleansing the hair, repairing the damage, reducing the split ends, and preventing hair breakage.
Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo
|Available Offer||35% Off|
2. The next step is to condition and hydrate your scalp deeply. It can happen with the help of Mamaearth Rice Water Hair Conditioner. It reduces split ends, prevents hair breakage, and makes hair smooth.
Mamaearth Rice Water Conditioner
|Available Offer||35% Off|
3. Keep your hair strands always moisturized as it not only assists in reducing frizz but also restores essential nutrients & lost moisture and smoothens the hair shaft. It can happen with a natural hair mask, such as Mamaearth Rice Water Hair Mask, Rice Water, and Keratin.
4. By supplying essential nutrients, a hair serum helps in protecting your hair and rejuvenate your hair health. It helps reduce frizz and hair breakage and lends a sleek & shiny look. It also protects the hair from heat and environmental damage.
5. Apply a hair growth oil twice weekly for healthier hair growth.
Precautions and Safety Tips
While fermented rice water is safe to use, it is quite important to keep a few precautions in mind:
1. Patch Test: Perform a patch test on the small area of your scalp to check for any allergic reactions.
2. Dilution: If fermented rice water feels too strong for your hair or scalp, dilute it with plain water to reduce its potential.
3. Proper storage: Always store fermented rice water in clean & airtight containers in the refrigerator to combat bacterial growth.
Summing it Up
Fermented rice water for hair growth is a natural and affordable solution for hair care. With its long history of use and benefits, incorporating it into your hair care routine gives you healthier, stronger, and more beautiful hair.
We advise you to avoid using products that harm your skin unnecessarily. Instead, pick a brand that creates safety-certified natural products. As Asia’s 1st `MadeSafe- Certified brand, Mamaearth stays committed to including safe and toxin-free ingredients in our natural products that remain effective for you and benefit your skin for a longer period.
- How to use fermented rice water for hair?
Using fermented rice water for hair is very easy to use. First, wash your hair with hair shampoo to remove any impurities. Next, pour the fermented rice water onto your scalp and hair. Do ensure complete coverage. Gently massage your scalp for a few minutes to promote blood circulation. Leave the rice water on your hair for 10-15 minutes, and rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- How often do you use fermented rice water on your hair?
You can use fermented rice water on your hair once or twice weekly.
- What does fermented rice water contain?
Fermented Rice Water is loaded with Vitamins B, C, and E, various minerals, and antioxidants, which promote healthy hair growth.
glowing skin cream,essential oil for hair,receding hairline, combination skin face wash, cleanser for combination skin, telogen effluvium,hair breakage,hair wash, redensyl,isopropyl myristate,reetha,eucalyptus oil,phenoxyethanol,cocamidopropyl betaine,myristic acid,cetostearyl alcohol,stearic acid,lauric acid, best anti aging serum for 40s,oily hair,seborrheic dermatitis,how to get rid of black spots on face,toner for oily skin,gel based oily skin moisturizer, serum for your hair, smooth hair, under eye patches, anti acne gel, multani mitti, blueberry benefits