The current skincare trends are surely in favor of opting for natural and toxin-free products. People are switching to skincare products that would help them have better experiences and cause no harm, even with regular usage. Activated charcoal is a skincare ingredient because it acts like a magnet that effortlessly draws out toxins and pollutants from the skin cells.
Is it not too difficult to figure out how such an ingredient would work for skincare? Won’t it make you appear all blacked out? What if it sticks to the skin and wouldn’t come off? Questions like these are obvious but also misplaced because using an activated charcoal-based face wash differs from rubbing charcoal on one’s face.
Such skin care products come riding on activated charcoal’s natural ability to draw out impurities from the skin cells. They become even more effective with the addition of natural ingredients like Clay and Coffee, and may exfoliate the skin and drive out impurities.
Is pollution giving your skincare routine a hard time? Try Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash to control extra oil on your face.
What is Activated Charcoal?
Activated charcoal is a microporous carbon derivative created by preheating charcoal to extremely high temperatures, say up to 6000 to 900 degrees Celsius. It is then exposed to oxygen with temperatures up to 1200 degree Celsius. Some industrial procedures also mix charcoal with Phosphoric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Calcium Chloride, and Zinc Chloride passed through 250 degree Celsius.
These two procedures make the charcoal microporous and help it absorb many gasses and impurities on its surface. One gram of this activated carbon can hold up to 3000 square meters of gasses, a process better known as gas adsorption.
5 Proven Benefits of Using Activated Charcoal for Regular Skincare:
It is quite simple to use an activated charcoal-based face wash for routine skin care. Its regular application offers multiple skincare benefits, no matter your skin type or texture.
Here are some of the benefits of using activated charcoal benefits for routine skincare:
1. Removes impurities from the skin: Activated charcoal for the face can pull out bacteria and toxins from the skin pores and thus help eliminate impurities. Many skin experts advise using it regularly to help you have smoother and brighter skin.
2. Treats acne and pimples: Activated charcoal has enhanced antibacterial properties that help remove microbes from the pores. Additionally, its face mask can lessen acne and enhance the texture of your skin.
3. Minimizes or closes open pores: Open pores may make your current skincare issues more terrible than they are. Using activated charcoal to remove such facial issues can lessen or unclog pores on the skin of the face.
4. Helps control excessive oil in the skin: Excessive oil production in skin cells can be problematic, especially for teenagers struggling with hormonal imbalances in their face and body. Applying an activated charcoal face mask or a charcoal face wash may help reduce excess oil production and control sebum production.
5. Reduces blackheads- A combination of dust, bacteria, and minor skin conditions that have built up over time may lead you to develop blackheads or whiteheads. They are clogged skin pores with a hardened interior, and it takes a super-effective skin cleanser like activated charcoal that could draw out such toxins.
Now that we’ve covered the benefits of using activated charcoal for facial skin, let’s take a deeper look at what it is. We would also offer some insights on how this black-colored skin care product could be used for the best skincare experience, especially at home.
Recommendation: If your skin is tanned, we suggest you use our Ubtan Face Mask for a healthy glow. Featuring the goodness of Ubtan, it helps undo the effects of tanning on the skin. To use it, apply it generously all over your face and let it stay for 15 minutes. Once it dries out, massage your skin a little to boost blood circulation and give your skin a youthful look.
Skincare routine for clear, smooth skin
If you have specific skin issues to address, you should always begin with a simple CTM routine. Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing are staples in any skincare. If you want to layer more skincare products, you can always revolve around these steps.
Here are the basics for smooth and glowing skin:-
1. Cleansing: The first step, cleansing, is essential to prevent dust, grime, and bacteria from trapping in the pores. You can use a sulfate-free face wash to remove impurities from your skin gently. We recommend picking a facial cleanser that meets your skin’s type and needs.
Recommendation: If you have oily or acne-sensitive skin, we suggest you use our Charcoal Face Wash for pimples. It helps unclog pores, detoxifies the skin, controls excess sebum, and gives your skin an even look.
2. Exfoliating: It is an additional step in CTM you don’t need to do daily. Even if you use a face cleanser, makeup residue, and deeply rooted impurities can trap the pores resulting in dull and uneven skin. So always include a nourishing face scrub to attain your skincare goals.
3. Toning: Once you have cleansed your face, ensure that the next product you apply is your toner. A face toner helps to hydrate your skin and strengthen your skin’s barrier. If you have extremely dry skin, a toner ensures ultra-hydration to help you get dewy skin. So toning is just a way to help restore the skin’s natural pH.
4. Moisturizing: Regardless of your skin type, never skip moisturizing your face altogether. Even oily skin should be pampered with a non-comedogenic oil-free face moisturizer to improve the skin’s protective barrier.
In addition, it protects the skin from harsh weather conditions and restores lost moisture. (You may try our Tea Tree oil-Free Face Moisturizer, it helps reduce acne and pimples, and provides 24-hour hydration).
You may use a face mask to brighten your skin tone. It would pull out impurities and allow other skincare products to work better for your skin. You can handpick the best face mask for your skin according to your specific skin care goals and get glowing skin.
Presenting Mamaearth’s Charcoal Face Wash for Oil Control!
Oily skin could be quite a responsibility to carry, especially if you are a teenager or a working professional. It is often not easy to live with that characteristic sticky and oily face every time you sit for a couple of hours or wake up after a night’s sleep. It is always made worse if you spend a few hours in the sun, be it due to work or play, and your skin becomes all sticky.
While it is not possible to get rid of your skin texture or type, it surely is possible to keep the issue of greasiness to a bare minimum. This is where opting for a safe and toxin-free face wash greatly helps. We suggest opting for our Charcoal Face Wash for Oil Control to help eliminate dust, grime, and pollutants from your face.
Powered by Pollution Defense Formula, our Charcoal Face Wash uses are topped by the fact that it helps unclog skin pores and detoxify the skin of pollutants and excess oil. This activated charcoal-based face wash is enriched with Coffee, Clay, and Tea Tree oil to encourage new skin cells and drive out dead skin cells. The presence of tea tree oil ensures that the skin is not left dried after every cleansing session. Thus, this activated charcoal face wash benefits the skin cells and empowers them with its antibacterial properties.
Let’s Talk About Other Charcoal Skincare Products that you May Like-
1. Charcoal Face Scrub
Blackheads, clogged pores, and dry skin can make the skin look youthful and dull. Even the best skin care products won’t do the work until pores are unclogged. Trapped pores don’t allow skincare products to penetrate and work their magic. So, weekly skin exfoliation is a must-have if you want to achieve your skincare goals.
Our Charcoal Face Scrub featuring Activated Charcoal, Walnut, and Tea Tree helps unclog deeply rooted impurities from the pores. Walnut granules remove dead skin and lighten tanning, giving you an even-toned complexion. The result is healthy, glowing skin. Tea tree oil helps with its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties to prevent acne and promotes clear skin.
Overall, this face scrub best suits oily and acne-sensitive skin. Plus, it is free of toxins or harsh chemicals like parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and artificial colors. So if you are looking for skin care products to amp up your Sunday skincare routine, this face scrub is all you need.
- C3 Face Mask
This charcoal-enriched face mask helps boost hydration, giving your skin that dewy touch. In addition, it has Activated Charcoal that helps get rid of excess oil, whereas coffee exfoliates dead skin cells. Also, power-packed with Kaolin clay, it diligently works on active acne and keeps them away, whereas Bentonite Clay treats scars left behind.
It helps lighten sun tan and gives you an even-toned complexion. Furthermore, this Coffee and Charcoal-enriched face mask is dermatologically-tested and devoid of sulfates, paraben, silicones, PEGs, and synthetic fragrances.
Activated charcoal has a slew of benefits for the skin. Not only it helps oily skin, but it can do wonders for other skin types too. For example, activated charcoal-enriched skin care products can help you get clear, smooth skin. We recommend using face cleansers and face masks made of this toxin-free ingredient to draw out dirt, grime, and pollutants.
It would also help shrink the pores to have a clear and blemish-free appearance. So get ready to get beauty compliments from the beauties around you. However, it should also be noted that there could be some perceived differences in the results because of different interrelated factors like eating habits, sleeping patterns, anxiety, and exposure to sunlight.
At Mamaearth, we have a range of skincare products that help fix your skin woes with the gentle touch of nature. You can stroll through our exquisite range of skin care products which have cleansers, face gels, scrubs, sheet masks, creams, etc., and order your unique pack of skincare.
- Is charcoal good for your face?
Ans. Yes, it is good to use charcoal on your face. According to some beauty experts, a charcoal face mask can aid in removing dirt and pollutants from your skin because studies have shown that activated charcoal can absorb toxins from your body. Decreases acne outbreaks. Your pores may get clogged by a buildup of bacteria and sebum (skin oils), which will cause outbreaks.
- Is charcoal good for skin whitening?
Cleansing the skin's pores with activated charcoal helps remove the oil, debris, and germs that have clogged them. It is well known that activated charcoal works wonders for removing blackheads and acne, lightening scars, minimizing oiliness, and even whitening teeth.
- Can charcoal darken my skin?
The charcoal powder keeps your skin flawless and helps remove impurities from the pores. Unfortunately, many individuals use activated charcoal powder on their skin, which can occasionally leave a black mark.
- Can charcoal remove dark spots?
Additionally, because of its extraordinary exfoliating abilities, activated charcoal aids in the removal of dead skin cells, lessens the visibility of black spots, and thoroughly cleans the skin. Additionally, it controls excessive sebum production on the skin without over-drying it.
- Is charcoal face wash good for daily use?
Yes, charcoal face wash shows results when used regularly. It contains activated carbon that wipes out bacteria, toxins, and impurities from the skin, thus keeping the skin free from impurities. Using charcoal regularly helps purify the skin, cleanse clogged pores, and reduce blackheads.
- Is charcoal face wash good for skin?
Yes, it is. There are many benefits of charcoal face wash. It relieves skin from skin problems like tanning, pimples, and dark spots. It cleanses the skin pores and improves the skin’s complexion by clearing out the impurities. Charcoal is known for its exfoliating and brightening properties too, and it also removes dead skin layers to promote a higher cell turnover rate.
- Does charcoal face wash darken skin?
No, a charcoal face wash doesn't darken the skin. Instead, it brightens, hydrates, and nourishes the skin from within. In addition, charcoal boosts the complexion by exfoliating the dead skin and detoxifying the overall texture.
Popular Search Terms- hyaluronic acid skin benefits, niacinamide serum benefits, What is Witch Hazel?, Lavender Oil Benefits, Face Scrub Uses, Bhringraj Oil Benefits, Benefits of Rose water, Avocado Oil for hair, Vitamin e benefits for skin, Shea Butter Benefits, Vitamin C Serum Benefits, Turmeric benefits for skin, best underarm whitening cream, Almond oil benefits, Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Skin, lipstick shades for indian skin, Lip Care Tips, Rice Water for Skin, Rice Water for Hair, What is retinol?, ubtan price, green tea skincare products