Have you reached for a teaspoon of honey when you need something sweet to linger on your tastebuds for a while? You are not alone. As healthy as it can be, honey offers multiple skincare and hair care benefits. If you are looking for smart ways to know how you may use honey for skin brightening, we shall offer some qualified information on that too. We would then top the discussion with some natural face packs that will help you have a glowing appearance.
What is Honey?
Honey is a sweet, viscous, and dark golden-colored medicinal fluid made by bees. It is known for its top-of-the-line antibacterial and antiviral properties. It has been used to treat minor forms of illness like cold and cough, or sore throat. It is also created artificially but that often reduces its medicinal value.
Bees wander across from flower to flower, collecting nectar during the day. Then, they return to their honeycombs (which are waxy within), where the fellow mates have to fan the liquid deposited to remove the excess water. The procedure enables condensation of the sugar and transforms the collected nectar into honey.
Did you know? You may be surprised to know that it takes four million flowers to produce one liter of honey.
This process is a complex one. But according to some recent findings, honey was harvested from beehives about 10,000 years ago. So, beekeepers came into existence when there was a need to keep the hives safe and with caution.
Some historical facts
- The first honeybees began the complex process of ‘forage and storage’ approximately fourteen million years ago.
- People say that when Alexander the Great died in 323 BC, his body was transported from Babylon to Macedonia (roughly 1800 miles) submerged in honey. This prevented it from getting decayed or decomposed.
- In 400 BC, the Greeks tried to conquer the Persian empire; the latter defeated the Greeks by feeding them the local honeybees’ toxic rhododendron flowers. It poisoned the entire Greek army and was one of the most brutally strategic moves to win a battle of all time!
- Apart from this, beekeeping or Apiculture can be traced back to ancient Egypt, around 3500 BCE. People from all classes used honey as a tool for all. Established records show how Egyptians developed an elaborative system to procure honey.
One of the processes includes sending a specialized raft with beehives along the river Nile to maintain the proximity to seasonal and flowering plants. They have used honey to experiment with its versatility and assured the benefits obtained from its practical applications.
Gently Exfoliates | Smoothens skin
Honey Benefits for Face
There are several honey benefits for face. However, skincare becomes complex when too many ingredients and chemicals are involved. Let’s discuss the benefits of honey one by one below:
- Say farewell to acne: Honey has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that make your skin free from infections. It dries acne by driving out the toxins and bacteria in the skin pocket. This also helps the skin to heal faster.
- Excellent moisturization properties: Sugar in honey works as a natural humectant. It extracts moisture from the air and hands it to your delicate skin. If you do not know how to use honey for skin brightening, you can start by applying raw honey to your facial skin. It will make your skin softer and suppler and reduce hyperpigmentation.
- Amazing exfoliating therapy: You need a dose of something you love to feel refreshed and revived after having a long day. So does your skin. After surviving the adverse weather and pollutants, your skin becomes dull and dry. Exfoliation helps in removing that dullness from your skin easily.
With honey, this process becomes naturally easier and healthier. One of the most important uses of honey for the skin is to remove dead skin cells. Honey crystallizes when it comes in touch with water. It acts as a gentle face scrub that makes sure you have left with nothing but soft and smooth skin afterward.
- Combats premature aging efficiently: We all want our skin to look flawless. But have you ever come across someone who looks timelessly beautiful? Although you may not know what they use, we can assure you that your secret to rejuvenated skin will remain a secret.
Honey ensures intense moisturization of the top layers of your skin. It calms dry and irritated skin. It also accelerates cell repair and regeneration, resulting in the fading of fine lines and wrinkles. This procedure helps in attaining flawless and glowing skin naturally.
- Reduces scars effectively: We all go through a lot of unpredictability and uncertainty in our lives. Sometimes, this leaves a scar on our minds and our skin. While the scars within heal in their own time, we can accelerate the scar reduction process on our skin. Honey has vital antioxidants that provide the skin with adequate nourishment. This accelerates the healing processes and improves the cell regeneration rate.
Did you know?Apart from these benefits, homemade face packs have also broadened the use of honey on the face.
Honey Benefits for Skin
Here are some of the best ways to use honey as a skincare remedy. You may make a paste of the following ingredients and honey and then apply it to your body or face. It would help rejuvenate your skin cells and help you have a clearer texture.
- Gram flour, saffron, turmeric, and honey: Are you looking for remedies that show you how to use honey for skin brightening? You are in the right place. This face pack has nourishment that dates back to ancient times. Traditionally known as Ubtan, this mixture is a blend of everything your skin needs.
It possesses the anti-aging benefits of honey and turmeric, skin brightening properties of Honey & Gram Flour, and skin rejuvenating benefits of Saffron. In addition, it also provides essential vitamins and minerals, and keeps acne at bay!
- Honey and Turmeric: Are you new to how to use honey for skin brightening? The perfect blend of these natural ingredients helps you in removing tan effectively. It feeds your skin with abundant nutrients and helps it stay naturally healthy.
Honey has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce hormonal and pimple breakouts on the face. In addition, it soothes irritated skin gently and makes your skin look bright and beautiful all day long!
- Honey and curd: Curd is acidic. It helps treat dryness and roughness of the skin cells. When mixed with honey, it can help remove wrinkles and fine lines. Thus, if you are looking all over the Internet about how to use honey for skin brightening, using this face pack could help. It would also help brighten your skin tone and give you hydrated and glowing skin in just fifteen minutes.
- Aloe Vera, Honey, & Gram Flour: Do you pack your bags to wander off and rejuvenate your mind and body from time to time? Frequent travelers or not, the after-effects of being in constant touch with the external environment come at a price.
So if tanning and dark and dull skin are your major skincare issues, it’s time you try this homemade face pack on your skin. It helps brighten your skin, hydrate it intensely, and soothe the sunburns caused, if any. It also prevents breakouts of acne and pimples. So give it a shot if you find this face pack in your “how to use honey for skin brightening” manual.
Mamaearth bestselling products to try
They have a blend of both nature’s goodness and today’s fast-paced technology that make sure your needs aren’t compromised. Let’s take a look at the ones that win hearts and minds everywhere:
- Mamaearth Honey Malai Body Lotion
The traditional “shehed-malai” combo that makes your skin glow is back with a bang. Get glowing skin daily in a wink with Mamaearth Honey Malai Body Lotion. If you are looking for an effective skincare solution, you should try this toxin-free product. It has the goodness of honey and fresh cream.
One of the effective uses of honey for the face is providing adequate hydration. Mamaearth’s body lotion does full justice by meeting all your skin needs without giving a greasy, sticky feeling after application. So what’s the best part? First, it is free from harmful toxins and chemicals like Parabens, Sulfates, SLS, SLES, and artificial fragrances. Even our natural hydration for skin products range is good for your skin.
- Mamaearth Honey Malai Cold Cream
If your skin gets extra dry during the winter and you are tired of flaky skin, this beauty is right for you. Honey used in skin care products is quite common these days. The amazing benefits of honey make it indispensable in cosmetic and healthcare products.
Mamaearth Honey Malai Cold Cream is nothing like any ordinary cold cream you come across these days. It gets quickly absorbed and keeps your skin fresh and supple. In addition, it has the nourishment properties of fresh cream and honey that add a natural glow to your skin with every application.
This cream contains nature’s nutrients to keep your skin naturally healthy during winter. Apply it twice daily on a clean face and see magical results on your skin!
- Mamaearth Ubtan Hand Cream
The amount of withering your hands bear is beyond imagination. From working on your laptop to doing your laundry, they are a significant part of your daily routine. Are you witnessing any changes in your hand’s skin texture? Have they become a little dry and rough?
Mamaearth Ubtan Hand Cream is your natural escape to having happy and healthy hands in no time! Enriched with the best natural ingredients like Turmeric, Honey, Shea Butter, and Glycerin, it assures nourishment most effectively.
Powered with anti-aging benefits, combating dryness, and enabling brightened skin tone, this hand cream has more to offer. It also soothes irritated skin and keeps flaky skin at bay. In addition, this cream is a good example of toxin-free care for the skin of your delicate hands.
Some other products that may work wonders for your skin include:
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Wash: For a daily cleansing ritual that naturally brings you home to refreshed skin!
- Mamaearth Ubtan Face Scrub: Removal of dead skin cells is equally important. This terrific product can help you unclog pores and give your skin a natural revival!
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Toner: The cleansing procedures can wash away the impurities and the natural oils of your skin. Give your skin a natural uplift with a toner that makes sure your skin looks bright and youthful every day.
- Mamaearth Rice Gel Face Moisturizer: It may feel like a face gel but has excellent moisturization properties. It helps keep your skin bright, even, hydrated, and healthy.
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Mask: Loaded with instant rejuvenation benefits for your facial skin, it is a natural booster that gives you the glow you need for the day. It gives amazing results if used twice a week.
There are several uses of honey when put on the face. It offers adequate hydration and protection from the external environment. This medicinal liquid also has anti-inflammatory properties that keep your skin from facing acne or hormonal breakouts. The key is to opt for safe, gentle, and toxin-free skincare products that feature the Goodness of Nature in their most pristine form, like ours! Add these tea tree all products, activated charcoal products, coffee products for skin also in your skincare routine, if you are looking for something to clear up your acne.
- Does honey brighten the skin?
Yes. Honey has great benefits like skin brightening, hydration, and prevention of acne breakouts. It also helps in soothing irritated skin and gives a natural glow. It also offers deep hydration because it is a natural humectant. It is rich in healthy carbohydrates and iron, and has near zero fat. This makes it ideal for daily consumption.
- Does honey increase the fairness of your skin?
Applying honey to the face with Turmeric, Curd, and Gram Flour can help in giving your skin a bright and radiant glow. It would also help in improving skin tone naturally. We suggest you use Mamaearth Vitamin C Bamboo Sheet Mask to get instantly radiant skin.
- Can I use honey on my face daily?
Yes. There is no harm in using honey every day on your facial skin. It will enrich your skin with vital antioxidants that make your skin look youthful and radiant effortlessly.
- How do you wash your face after using honey?
We suggest you wash your face with lukewarm water. You may wet your hands and massage in circular motions till the total removal of honey from your face. The massage helps better absorb nutrients and enables skin repair and re
|Popular Search Terms
Glycerin for skin, Kesar Benefits, Face Serum Benefits, Hair Serum Benefits, Mulethi Benefits for Skin, Moisturizer, Kokum Butter, Split Ends, Onion benefits for hair, Rashes on Baby Skin, Puffiness Under Eyes, Stretch Marks, Normal Skin, Skin Complexion, Skin Types, Chest Congestion, Clogged Pores, Nasal Congestion, Skin texture, Flawless Skin, Combination Skin, Cold Cream, Mango Benefits for Skin, Olive Oil for hair, Gotu Kola for Skin, Collagen for skin, Egg for hair, Skin Inflammation, Beard Growth Tips, Lighten Skin, Sesame Oil for hair, wet wipes, Neem soap, Hair conditioner, face mask, ubtan for dry skin