If one thing can calm the frayed nerves, it has to be a delightful head massage or the good old champi. The gentle massage relaxes every nerve in your body, ensuring a state of Zen that everyone loves! And well, I do too. And with the varying seasons, one oil that can be used in hair care is olive oil. So, if you asked, “Is olive oil good for hair?” let me tell you it is. In this article, we will explore the many benefits of why olive oil is good for hair.
Why is Olive Oil Good for Hair?
Olive oil has been used for hair for thousands of years for both skincare and hair care needs around the world. While it has also been used in skincare, adding olive oil to your present hair care products (like hair oil or hair growth oil) helps promote better results. It also makes the tresses softer and more manageable.
9 Benefits of using almond oil and olive oil for hair
When mixed with the Almond Booster Hair Oil from Mamaearth, it helps amplify the hair care benefits. This booster oil contains Almond oil that is known for its deeply nourishing properties. Thus, using the duo helps make your hair softer and healthy.
In addition, olive oil is an excellent oil to reduce frizz and dandruff. When both these oils are combined, they bring together loads of benefits that are pure elixir for your hair.
Here are some known benefits of using almond and olive oil for hair:
1. It gives hair a natural shine
2. Moisturizes the hair roots and cells
3. Promotes softer hair
4. Reduces hair damage
5. It helps to reduce dandruff
6. Reduces frequent and excessive hair breakage
7. Builds stronger hair shaft
8. It lessens the intensity of split ends
9. It protects the hair from environmental or seasonal changes
How to use almond oil and olive oil for hair?
The best way to use these oils is to mix them as and when applying them to your hair. Take oils depending on the length of your hair.
– Take an equal amount of olive oil and almond booster hair oil in a bowl.
– Warm it using a double boiling method. Avoid heating oils in a microwave, as they can lose their benefits.
– Start by sectioning your hair, dip a cotton ball in the oil, and apply it on the scalp.
– Apply the oil to the ends of the hair and ensure it is evenly coated.
– Start with massaging your scalp to boost blood circulation.
If you can leave the oil overnight, it works best. Else leave the oil on for at least an hour and do a hot towel wrap. If you leave the oil in the hair overnight, wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and follow up with a conditioner. Don’t forget the hair serum to lock in moisture and protect your hair from environmental pollutants when you step out.
Hot Towel Wrap
A hot towel wrap lets the oils penetrate deeper into the hair follicles and nourish them. It also helps to give your hair much-needed hydration. Soak a towel in hot water and wring out the excess water to make a hot towel wrap. Wrap this around your head and keep it for at least 5-10 minutes.
– You should use sulfate-free hair shampoo and follow it up with a hair conditioner of the same grade.
– You should use hair serum on slightly damp hair to lock in moisture. It will also help protect your hair from environmental pollutants and harmful UV rays.
– Alternatively, you may use any toxin-free hair oil if you do not wish to use a serum on your scalp.
Getting a hair care regime in place
No matter your hair type, it would be best to have a proper hair care regime that should be followed regularly to get healthy all year round.
We have listed the required hair care products for a hair care regime.
What hair care products can I use for healthy hair?
1. Hair Oil – A correct hair care regime consists of oiling your hair at least twice a week, depending on your hair type. This is the first and most critical step in healthy hair because it nourishes your hair by hydrating it with oils and botanical extracts that make it healthy.
You can leave the oil overnight or for an hour at least for maximum benefits. Just like olive oil is good for hair, almond oil for hair is equally effective. And as we have mentioned earlier, mixing these oils will help your hair be healthy, shiny, soft, and frizz-free.
2. Hair Growth Oil – A hair growth oil lives up to its name by helping to boost hair growth and promising thicker tresses. A hair growth oil or hair booster oil protects the hair follicles and restores lost moisture to the hair.
Choosing the right growth oil depends on your hair type – dry, damaged, oily, or normal. It is also dependent on any underlying hair conditions you may have. Our Almond Hair Oil Booster is your best bet for hair that is strong and healthy. More varieties of Booster Hair Oil are available at Mamaearth, so get ready to pamper your hair.
3. Hair Shampoo – Healthy and beautiful hair starts in the shower, and choosing the right shampoo works better to give you healthy hair and a clean scalp. When you choose a shampoo, select one that best meets your hair care concerns, and to get this right, you should know your hair type.
You should opt for gentle, sulfate-free, and paraben-free formulations that are gentle on your hair and will not dry it out. In addition, many experts opine that avoiding cleansers laced with synthetic colors and fragrances is better.
Note: Mamaearth’s shampoos contain safe, gentle, and toxin-free ingredients. They are thus perfect for colored hair and chemically treated hair, and you may consider them to ensure your hair proper TLC.
4. Hair Conditioner – Your hair care regimen should not stop at just shampooing alone. It would be best if you used a gentle and effective hair conditioner that will lock in the moisture to keep your hair looking healthy. While a shampoo will clean your hair, a conditioner will maintain the pH balance and hydrate your hair.
A moisturizing conditioner helps make the hair healthier, shinier, and thicker. You should always choose a hair conditioner according to your hair type and any underlying hair concerns you may have. Each hair type needs a unique formulation that best suits its needs.
It should be free from harmful chemicals and toxins so that your hair is pampered as much as you would love it to be!
5. Hair Serum – Hair serums are often lightweight and packed with nutrients that nourish your hair. Hair serum is your last step in hair care after you have shampooed and conditioned your hair. It would also fight humidity and frizz, making your hair appear smoother and voluminous.
Hair serums should be applied on slightly damp hair, and every hair strand must be coated for the best results. Avoid using any drying or styling tools, and let your hair dry naturally.
Instead, use hair serums formulated with vitamins and other nutrients that nourish your hair. Hair serums packed with antioxidant, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties are always good for hair care. In addition to this, they also protect your hair from harmful UV rays and environmental pollutants.
When choosing a hair serum, opt for a pH-balancing formula and a hair serum free from chemicals, parabens, sulfates, and silicones. Avoid synthetic fragrances as well.
6. Hair Mask – Hair masks should be used not more than once a week. A hair mask is essentially a hair spa in the comfort of your home. If you overuse a hair mask, it can dry out your hair.
For best results, apply a hair mask on clean hair. A hair mask can be used on dry or wet hair. Scoop out a generous amount of the mask and apply it from the roots to the tips of the hair. Massage the scalp once you have applied the mask to boost blood circulation.
Let the hair mask stay for at least an hour before you wash your hair. Next, wash your hair with lukewarm water for the best results. Next, use sulfate-free shampoo and follow up with a conditioner. Finally, apply hair serum on slightly damp hair to lock in moisture and protect your hair from environmental pollutants like harmful UV rays.
Wrapping it up
As we have explored the many benefits of why olive oil is good for hair in this article, don’t forget that anything and everything you use in skincare and hair care should always be in moderation. You must choose products free from chemicals, nasties, or toxins, as they will cause more damage than repair.
You can mix olive oil with almond oil for enhanced hair care, better hair health, and stronger tresses. Olive oil can tame frizzy hair and reduce split ends and dandruff to give your hair more volume and health. Almond oil is a deeply nourishing hair oil that gives your hair optimum hydration while making it soft to the touch and promoting healthy hair.
Combining the goodness of these oils gives you loads of benefits for your hair. And yes, be patient for the results to show. And remember, a patch test before you try a new product!
Now that we have the basics and a regime, let’s look at some frequently asked questions about whether olive oil is good for hair.
- Is olive oil good for hair growth?
Yes, olive oil is good for hair and you can use it regularly for healthy hair. It is rich in nutrients like saturated, unsaturated, and polysaturated fats, besides vitamins (E and K). They help nourish the hair and help make them stronger and shinier.
- Is olive oil good for baby hair?
With regular use, olive oil can help tame baby hair, also known as flyaways. This is because it contains fatty acids and vitamins that provide essential nutrition and nourishment to the drier hair cells. This would help treat the baby’s flyaways, damaged, and brittle hair more effectively.
- Which olive oil is good for hair?
Olive oil is also a carrier oil that can be premixed with booster hair oils to promote healthy hair. When choosing olive oil for your hair, select a cold-processed and organic olive oil free from any preservatives, fragrances, artificial colors, or chemicals.
- Can we use olive oil with almond oil?
Yes, mixing these oils to give your hair an extra dose of TLC is perfectly good. Almond oil helps to deeply nourish your hair while making it soft to the touch and healthy. Olive oil is an excellent oil that can help to reduce frizz, split ends, and dandruff. When you combine the goodness of these oils, you get loads of pure elixir benefits for your hair.
- Can olive oil control hair fall?
Yes, olive oil is good for hair fall control. Olive oil, when used in hair care, reduces the intensity of hair loss. It is an excellent oil to prevent split ends and dandruff and nourish your scalp. It helps reduce hair loss by preventing the hormone dihydrotestosterone, or DHT, from binding to the scalp. Additionally, olive oil contains antifungal and moisturizing properties that nourish your hair.
- Is it good to put olive oil on your scalp?
Olive oil is good for hair and your scalp. Additionally, olive oil is good for hair growth too. When you apply olive oil on the scalp, massage your scalp for the oils to penetrate and boost blood circulation, which can promote faster hair growth.
|Popular Search Terms|
how to reduce dark circles, how to increase hair growth, what is glycerin, what are blackheads, bath soap, how to take care of skin, How to moisturize skin , hair cuticle, best soap for skin brightening, what is mild shampoo, Non Comedogenic face wash, serum for face, skin brighting body wash, how to apply serum on the face, how to get thick hair, how to control hair fall for women, salicylic acid uses for skin, hair breakage, How to remove pimple scars?, chapped lips, cream for face, thick hair, how to use concealer, best toothpaste, body spray for women, how to treat dry skin on face, how to stop grey hair naturally, how to get rid of dandruff and hair fall, Tea tree oil for acne, is honey good for face,Is rice water good for hair?, how to hydrate skin, what is pigmentation on face, Premature graying of hair, what is spf in sunscreen