With summer approaching, we only talk about oily skin and its issues. But do you know dry skin gets even drier in summer? Sun exposure, excessive heat, and hot winds can disrupt the skin’s barrier and result in moisture loss as you spend your time outside. As a result, the skin experiences dehydration and looks dull. So how to get rid of dry skin? Let’s discuss this.
How to get rid of Dry skin?
It is not bad to dream of clear and healthy skin, especially if you are a skincare enthusiast. First, however, you should know how important it is to have a routine to meet your skin needs. From cleansing and toning to moisturizing, you do anything to make your skin look youthful. But sometimes, dry skin doesn’t go away. It is a telltale sign that it needs more nourishment and hydration, sometimes both in close tandem.
If you have skin that easily peels off and itches badly, then you might be suffering from a severe dry skin condition. It may occur for several causes, such as abrasively rubbing your skin during a bath or taking hot showers. Even if you have naturally oily skin, you could occasionally experience seasonal dryness. In such cases, it is advisable to consult a skincare expert or dermatologist to know the cause and its best possible resolution.
A face wash is the first product you use on your skin, prepping the epidermis so other products can work out. But what kind of face wash should you use for a skincare routine for dry skin? Certainly, it should be formulated with ingredients that nourish skin without leaving it dry. And the same formula goes for other products in your skincare.
Dry skin needs extra TLC to strengthen its barrier and protect it from harsh weather. So, the skincare products you pick should work towards giving a boost of hydration and moisturization to your skin. In addition, it should have moisturizing agents even if it is a targeted product, such as your face serum.
A water-based serum contains active compounds penetrating the epidermis to treat various skin issues. Several serums may help treat dry, cracked skin and restore its smoothness. However, we know how challenging it may be to choose just a product when so many options are available.
4 Smart Tips to Care for Dry Skin
Here is some helpful advice from skincare experts on how to care for dry skin.
- Avoid taking a hot bath. Your skin may become dry and flaky even after a hot water sauna you went for relaxation.
- Don’t use artificial or sulfate-enriched soap bars. Natural body cleansers and hydrating face gels seem to be the best alternatives.
- Exfoliation is good for dry skin because it helps to slough dead skin layers, but rigorous scrubbing can result in skin peeling. Instead, learn what face scrubs you should use for your skin type.
- Remember to moisturize, but only apply it twice daily. The best results come from massaging your face with a face cream for dry skin.
Skincare Regimen for Dry Skin
If you have dry and dehydrated skin, you will wake up to the unpleasant feeling of feeling ‘stretched out.’ You would believe that your skincare regimen needs to be improved and you could not be more right. Your skin will seem healthier and younger if its nutritional needs are met. This is because the skin’s protective barrier gets restored by moisturizing, which delays the appearance of premature aging symptoms.
So, here is a detailed guide to incorporating a face cream and face serum in your skincare routine for dry skin.
Step 1: Use a safe and gentle face cleanser– How can a face cleanser for dry skin help you have the best skincare experience, especially at home? The best cleanser for dry skin helps eliminate dirt and other pollutants from layers beneath without altering your skin’s pH levels.
Cleansers help moisturize skin and keep the skin barrier intact. But first, you should ensure that the cleanser you have chosen has moisturizing components like glycerin, honey, saffron, vitamin E, and hyaluronic acid.
Step 2: Incorporate a non-alcoholic toner to prevent skin irritation- Pick a good face toner to be used post-cleansing to help restore the skin’s health. Avoid using toners formulated with alcohol since they could irritate dry skin even more.
To remove the impurities, you should carefully pour a few drops of face toner on the cotton pad and then gently wipe your face. See the visible difference in your skin within a few applications.
Step 3: Enhance your skin with the best face serum- The next step in skin care is to use a face serum to keep your skin young and healthy. A serum is a luxurious skincare product that helps reduce oxidative stress and prevent collagen deterioration.
In addition, it nourishes, softens, and hydrates your skin by supplying it with essential nutrients. Facial serums are dedicated skin care products that deeply penetrate the skin and show visible results.
Step 4: Face cream for moisturizing dry skin- Dry skin care is subjected to early signs of premature aging. So your skin care regimen should revolve around products that fight free radical damage and work to give your skin a look of youth.
So, when you have applied a face serum, the next step is to use a toxin-free face cream or face moisturizer that’s meant for dry skin. It will help build a protective barrier against environmental stressors like wind, dust, pollution, etc. You may start with our Aqua Glow Gel Face Moisturizer With Himalayan Thermal Water and Hyaluronic Acid for 72 Hours Hydration.
It features Himalayan Thermal Water, Hyaluronic Acid, and Aloe Vera that provide deep hydration for 72 hours. This toxin-free skincare product comes in a lightweight formula that keeps the skin fresh and helps strengthen the skin’s natural moisture barrier.
Advice: To restore the skin barrier, it is advisable to use a face mask for dry skin that has nourishing ingredients like Vitamin E, honey, etc.
Which are the best face serums and creams for dry skin?
You may note that our Aqua Glow range also comes in a kit-based setup too. You may opt for our Aqua Glow Skin Refreshing Kit for Hydrated & Fresh Skin. It comprises Aqua Gel face Wash, Aqua Gel Face Moisturizer, and Hydrating Sunscreen Gel that helps gently cleanse the skin, gives 72-hour hydration, and protects it from harmful UV rays. The trio is best meant for people with dry skin.
After using a cleanser, you may need a face serum and cream if your skin feels itchy or stretched out. With your present skincare regimen, choosing the right products might help you achieve the best results. At Mamaearth, we work towards helping you build your skincare regimen with our non-toxic range.
Here are some of our best-sellers you can try for dry skin:
1. Mamaearth Ubtan Face Serum
Our Ubtan Face Serum has traditional ingredients that may revive your skin, giving it a radiant glow. The light consistency swiftly absorbs into the skin, keeping it smooth and free of greasiness all day.
It features saffron that softens the skin and promotes healing, while turmeric makes it look bright. So no chance your skin looks dull and uneven. The ingredients are so nourishing that they protect the skin from harmful UV rays and free radical damage.
- Turmeric: A time-tested ingredient, turmeric gives skin an instant glow. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles, protects skin from UV rays, and evens skin tone.
- Saffron: Saffron, rich in vitamins and antioxidants, helps soothe the skin and adds a radiant glow. It helps in cell rejuvenation as well.
- Niacinamide: It supports the lipid barrier of the skin. Additionally, it lessens redness and brightens dark areas.
2. Mamaearth Skin Illuminating Face Cream
Brimmed with the goodness of vitamin C, this cream brightens the tone. Vitamin C also inhibits melanin levels, so it gently works on hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration. In addition, it features niacinamide that helps fade acne marks, reduces enlarged pores, and lightens dark spots. And it’s MadeSafe Certified which means it contains no toxins or harsh chemicals and is gentle for your skin.
- Vitamin C: It increases collagen formation and gives your skin a healthy sheen.
- Turmeric: Due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics, it restores the skin’s natural tone.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide minimizes enlarged pores, balances skin tone, and lightens acne scars.
- Glycerin: It strengthens the skin’s protective barrier and locks in moisture, keeping skin supple.
Benefits of using the best face cream and serum for dry skin
Here are some amazing reasons to use face cream and serum for dry skin:
- Provides deep hydration: A face cream and face serum assist with skin hydration dry by boosting the water content and exfoliating dead skin cells buildup. This allows the other skin care products to penetrate the skin. A serum has a liquid consistency, so it does not leave your skin sticky or greasy after application.
- Makes skin healthier- If your skin care products have vital antioxidants, fatty acids, vitamins, and active components, it will encourage quicker skin cell turnover. For example, most anti-aging face creams and serums contain antioxidants that help you get healthier and younger-looking skin.
- Soothes itchy skin– When exposed to damaging environmental factors, dry skin becomes more itchy and irritated. This even includes using a machine to remove facial hair as the process erodes the skin’s natural moisture barrier. So it’s best to use a face moisturizer or cream to calm irritation.
- Prevents signs of early aging- Dry skin ages considerably more quickly. The result is the development of wrinkles and fine lines. Some of the best face creams and serums enhance your skin’s suppleness and give it a healthy and radiant look. It’s a fact that nourished and hydrated skin can prevent the onset of acne by 25%.
- Brightens your skin & protects from harmful UV rays- Ubtan is a popular skincare remedy in India that helps to brighten the skin. This multipurpose face serum for dry skin brightens the complexion, restores skin cells, and shields skin from damaging sunlight.
The face serum is ideal for all skin types since it contains natural components like saffron and turmeric. As a result, it is extremely lightweight and gets easily absorbed into the skin. Besides, it is suitable for all skin types and is free of parabens, silicones, sulfates, phthalates, and artificial colors.
Things to keep in mind while buying any skincare products
- Always understand your skin type and its needs before buying any skincare product. Every skin type needs a different formulation to look healthy.
- Ask yourself about the results you would wish to get from these two skincare products. For instance, do you want a face cream that helps to moisturize your skin or reduce wrinkles?
- Verify its constituting ingredients. We advise looking for face creams that contain skin-friendly ingredients, such as shea butter, avocado oil, vitamin C, glycerin, turmeric, etc.
Dry skin has its own sets of battles. So finding the right combination of skin care products that best suits your skin type is essential. The best skincare routine for dry skin should include products with moisturizing and hydrating agents like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, shea butter, etc. These ingredients give the skin a refreshing texture.
At Mamaearth, we make a wide range of safe and toxin-free skincare products that help you achieve your skincare goals in a hassle-free way. They would work best with a skincare routine that helps to give you bright and even-toned skin without any allergic reaction. Happy skincare!
- Why is my skin so dry?
Your skin can become dry due to several factors, changes in weather being one. Sometimes, medical conditions, dehydration, bathing in hot water or over-exfoliation can also damage the skin’s lipid barrier, leaving it dry. Understanding your skin requires a lot of time and patience, but once you get a hang of it, it becomes easy to pick skin care products accordingly.
- How to get rid of dry skin?
One can cure dry skin on the face by following a good skincare regime with ultra-hydrating products. Dry skin demands extra attention, so opt for an A.M. and P.M. routine to nourish your skin twice daily.
- What to use for dry skin on the face?
You can prevent dry and dull skin in winter by applying a moisturizer twice or thrice at most. In the morning, apply it on damp skin (as soon as you take a bath) and in your night skin care regimen to strengthen the skin barrier.
- How to use toner for dry skin?
To lock in the moisture, gently dab a cotton pad dipped in toner on clean, dry skin. Wait a few seconds. For dry skin types, experts advise misting a cream-based moisturizer on a clean face from a distance while the skin is still slightly damp.
|Popular Search Terms|
how to apply serum to hair, what causes hair fall, what is hair serum, how to use toner on face, is smoothening good for hair, Apply the Foundation on the face, how to make hair soft and silky, how to remove pigmentation from face permanently at home, what causes dark spots on face, why pigmentation comes on face, Skin Tones, How to get acne-free glowing skin naturally, types of makeup, simple eye makeup, pimple cream, best waterproof foundation, Is onion good for hair, what is concealer, What are stretch marks, Must have makeup products, how to detan skin, clean teeth, how to remove tan from hands and legs