If there is one thing that caught my fancy most times, it has to be the poker-straight hair that models donned in magazines. I have wavy hair with a mind of its own. On a good hair day, it settles with zero effort, and some days I feel my hair looks like I just have been electrocuted. One way to tackle these hair woes is by using a hair serum. There are many hair serum uses, but first, let us understand more about this super-effective hair care product.
A bad hair day can happen to most of us. But with consistent use of hair serum, my bad hair days were reduced to a great extent.
But why a Hair Serum?
A good-quality hair serum plays a significant role in protecting your hair, keeping it hydrated, and giving it the required nourishment. It contains a potent blend of oils that protect and nourish the hair.
Additionally, its regular usage helps to keep the hair smooth and healthy. Not only does it nourish the hair, but it also provides strength and shine. We recommend using it once every week or fortnight for the best results.
Identifying hair serums according to your hair type.
It’s the classic case that one hair serum does not suit all hair types. So to get the best results from the one you choose, you should first identify your hair type before incorporating it into the hair care regime.
– For chemically-treated hair: Choose hair serums with nourishing blends that include coconut oil, lavender oil, or green tea extract, as these can help to reduce the damage to the hair.
– For hair fall control: You can use a serum with extracts of onion seed oil that helps tackle hair fall. When applied to the scalp, these serums help stimulate the hair follicles.
PS: We recommend you try our Onion Hair Serum that features Onion Seeds Oil and thus helps reduce frizz. It also minimizes hair fall and cleans up tangles. This toxin-free serum also contains Olive Oil, Biotin, and D-Panthenol that smoothen the hair shaft and give it a shiny look.
– For treating dandruff: Opt for hair serums packed with tea tree oil extracts as it is an antibacterial and anti-fungal ingredient that reduces the build-up of bacteria that cause an itchy scalp and dandruff.
You may note that it is a unisex product, so there is nothing like a hair serum for women uses or a man uses. Let’s look at some of the benefits and uses of this amazing hair care product then.
Uses and Benefits Of Hair Serum
Patience is essential when you start a hair care regime based on your hair type. Results can take almost three to six months to show. Therefore, it would be best if you were wary of any product that promises instant results.
This is important when you have any underlying hair concerns that you may want to tackle. Some of the advantages of adding and using hair serums in your hair care regime include the following:
– Tames a frizz: Let frizzy hair be a thing of the past. When you use a serum, it tames the hair and makes it look less frizzy. Adding this active-based product to your hair care regime helps maintain the curls and straightness of the hair, depending on your hair type.
– Detangles hair: Hair serums like the Rice Wonder Water Hair Serum can help to detangle your hair in 7 seconds! Packed with rice water and plant keratin, it helps detangle your hair and gives it a visible sheen.
– Reduces hair fall: If you struggle with hair fall, using this active-based product is your best bet. Often packed with nourishing ingredients, hair serums can curb the intensity of hair fall, giving you visibly thicker and healthy hair.
– Gives your hair a sheen: We all love shiny tresses, don’t we? Using serums gives a visible sheen to your hair that makes it look stronger and healthy.
– Smoothens the hair: They are often packed with active ingredients that tame a frizz. So, if you have curly or extremely frizzy hair, serums can help tame them, giving you hair that is soft to the touch.
– Repairs damaged hair: Struggling with damaged hair or hair that lacks luster? Try these nutrient-rich solutions, for they can tackle these issues. Say goodbye to hair woes like split ends, frizzy hair, and dandruff with regular hair serums.
– Promotes a healthy scalp: Tired of an itchy scalp or dandruff-prone hair? Well, using these serums helps restore the scalp’s pH balance with the right balance of acidity and alkalinity. If you have oily hair, it can help to control excess sebum production, which is often a cause of scalp infections.
– Protects hair from environmental pollution: Most serums protect you from environmental stressors, UV rays, and pollutants that can damage your hair.
What hair care products can be used for good hair health?
Following a hair care regime is essential for good hair health. Use products best suited for your hair type or for any underlying conditions like hair fall, dandruff, or an itchy scalp that you may want to tackle.
For any hair care regime that you incorporate, ensure that you use the same variants when it comes to the oil, oil booster, shampoo and conditioner, and hair mask for the best results. Check these onion hair care range for natural ingredients based products for your hair.
Here is a list of products you may want to use in your hair care regime.
1. Hair Oil – A hair oil is your first step to healthy hair. You can oil your hair as often as thrice a week. However, if you have an oily scalp, you may want to keep it as a weekly regime. Oiling your hair gives it the hydration and nourishment it needs, especially if it has been exposed to environmental stressors or chemical treatments.
The correct way to use hair oil is first to warm it using the double boiler method. Do not heat the oil in a microwave, as it loses its potency. Next, section your hair and apply the oil to the scalp. Next, move to the length of the hair and massage your scalp.
You can leave the oil on your hair for at least an hour before you shower, or for better results, leave it overnight.
2. Hair Growth Oil – Also known as hair booster oils, these hair growth oils come in small bottles that can be mixed with your regular hair oils. As the name suggests, these oils aid in the boost of hair growth. In addition, they are non-sticky and can nourish your hair in any season.
Mix a few drops of the booster hair oil with your regular hair oil, apply it on the scalp, and thoroughly coat your hair with the mix of oils. Massage your scalp for an extra dose of nourishment that will also boost blood circulation, that aids in faster hair growth.
These hair growth oils can also be used for targeted hair concerns like dandruff, hair fall, minimizing split ends, and promoting faster hair growth. You can use them anytime you oil your hair.
3. Hair Shampoo – Hair shampoo is used to cleanse your hair by creating a gentle lather that helps to clean the built-up impurities and dirt that may have accumulated on the scalp and the hair. You would need it again to wash the excess hair oil on your scalp.
Opt for the one that is best suited to your hair type and is free from any nasty chemicals. Always use lukewarm water to wash your hair, as very hot water can sap the moisture levels of the scalp, making it dry and itchy. Use a shampoo that can target a particular hair concern if necessary.
4. Hair Conditioner – A hair conditioner has to be used after you have shampooed your hair and rinsed it. It helps to lock in moisture levels and helps to maintain the pH balance of your hair. It also gives your hair the hydration it needs and keeps it soft, smooth, and shiny.
With regular use of conditioner, you will notice healthy hair. Most hair care experts recommend that you should use a regime of the same variant of shampoo and conditioner for the best results. Avoid mixing and matching shampoo and conditioner, as they may not yield the desired results.
5. Hair Serum – A hair serum should be applied on hair that has been freshly washed and conditioned for the best results. When the hair is slightly damp, section it, pump a few drops of it, and apply about half an inch away from the roots to the ends of your hair.
Brush your hair with a wide-toothed comb so that the serum is coated evenly on your hair. Hair serum uses are particularly beneficial when you are stepping out as it acts as a protective layer to your hair and deflects environmental stressors to keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.
6. Hair Mask – It is best to use a hair mask at least once a week as it gives your hair a spa-like treatment without stepping out of your home. A hair mask is packed with the goodness of butter and oils that give your hair a boost of nourishment and hydration. Scoop out a generous amount of hair mask and apply it to dry hair.
Massage the hair mask so that the goodness of the butter and oils penetrate deep into your scalp. Massaging your scalp also boosts blood circulation, promoting faster hair growth. Let the hair mask stay on for at least 30 minutes.
Now soak a towel in hot water and wring out excess water. Next, wrap the hot towel around your head. This will help the roots to open up, and the mask will reach the roots for additional nourishment.
Cleanse your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and follow up with a conditioner for best results. Let your hair dry naturally, and avoid using styling tools, as they can damage your hair. Don’t forget the hair serum.
Is there a right way to use or apply hair serum?
You must apply hair growth serum on freshly washed and conditioned hair. First, pat your hair dry with a towel and ensure your hair is slightly damp. Then, pump a few drops of hair serum and apply, leaving out the scalp.
Move to the ends of the hair and use a wide-tooth comb to ensure the hair serum is applied evenly. Doing this will protect your hair and deflect environmental stressors like pollution and harmful UV rays when you step out.
- What are the uses of hair serum?
Here are some hair serum uses:
– Detangling hair
– Controlling frizz
– Protecting hair from environmental pollutants
– Adding an extra sheen that gives your hair a healthy look
These are some essential hair serum uses for ha
- Can we use hair serum daily?
Hair care experts advise using a hair serum only when you have washed and conditioned your hair. However, if you have unmanageable frizz, you can use a small amount of hair serum to control the frizz and detangle your hair.
- What is hair serum used for?
There are many uses of serum for hair. These include reducing frizz, detangling it, and providing it with additional hydration and nourishment that makes your hair feel strong and healthy. Hair serums also help deflect environmental pollutants when you step out and thus protect your hair.
- When should I use hair serum?
It would be best if you used hair serum on freshly washed and conditioned hair for the best results. Apply it on slightly damp hair after you section your hair. Start from about half an inch away from the roots and move to the tips of the hair. Use a wide-toothed comb to ensure the even application of hair serum.
- What are hair serum uses and side effects?
There are no hair serum uses or side effects if you use a product free from harmful chemicals or nasties. Products made with natural ingredients are always the best for hair care. Ensure that you read the ingredients list before purchasing to use a natural, chemical-free product in your hair care regime.
- Is serum good for your hair?
Anything that is not overdone is good for overall benefits. Hair serums are formulated to protect your hair, reduce the intensity of frizz, and detangle them to promote strong and healthy hair. Use a hair serum only after you have washed and conditioned your hair for the best results.
|Popular Search Terms|
serum for pigmentation, pimple face wash, lipstick guide for skin tone, plump lips, sagging skin, combination skin, scaly skin, Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer, what is foundation, shampoo and conditioner, itchy skin, how to use shampoo and conditioner, what is toner, dark lips, facial kit, black spot on skin, long lasting lipstick, itchy scalp, what is acne, beauty tips for girls, difference between cleanser and face wash, foundation shades, foundations and concealers, difference between keratin and smoothing, hair serum for fizzy hair, serum for hair, difference between shower gel and body wash, makeup steps, how to use body wash, How to glow my face, tangled hair, face cleansing, is castor oil good for hair, How to control dandruff, best hair growth serum for women, how to strengthen hair, best henna products for hair, best hair growth serum for men