Often, the hero ingredient gets undue fame, and the main super ingredient behind its efficacy goes unnoticed. For instance, let’s take Coconut Oil. Are you aware of the super ingredient behind Coconut oil? It is Lauric Acid. Naturally found in several plants and animal fats, it is known for its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties for the skin.
Usually, this acid is also found in the most popular source that keeps our hair conditioned and skin moisturized. In this article, we will delve into the world of Lauric Acid for skin, exploring its origins, benefits, and why it has become a trusted ingredient in skincare products.
Pro Tip: Here’s a smarter way to remove tan, repair sun damage, and brighten skin. Try Our Ubtan Face Wash that comes powered by Turmeric and Saffron.
Knowing the Unknown: Lauric Acid for Skin
Lauric Acid is a medium-chain fatty acid with a chemical structure that sets it apart from other fatty acids. Found in various plant and animal fats, the laureates are salts & esters and are a significant component in Palm Kernel Oil, Coconut Milk, and Coconut Oil.
In addition, it is one of the most effective acids for skincare products, backed by anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Lauric acid is quite effective in disease-fighting capabilities. Consuming Lauric acid helps prevent your vital functions from several infections, such as the common cold and flu. It is because it interacts with enzymes in your digestive tract, leading to Monolaurin’s creation.
Knowing the Natural Sources of Lauric Acid
1. Coconut Oil: In abundant quantity, lauric acid is present in Coconut oil and is coupled with Caprylic Acid (fatty acid), which gives antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Are you aware that consuming coconut oil does wonders for your skin? It helps repair and moisturize your skin from the inside, making it soft, supple, and healthy from the outside.
2. Palm Kernel Oil: Palm Kernel Oil is an excellent moisturizer for the skin and a conditioner for hair when buying a moisturizing ingredient for yourself.
3. Milk: One of the easily accessible sources of Lauric Acid is Milk. Cow and goat milk have essential fatty acids that benefit the skin and provide various health benefits to a new mother.
Mamaearth Ubtan Foaming Face Wash
Benefits of Lauric Acid for the Skin You Should Know
Lauric acid is one of the most well-known for several properties that benefit the skin in various ways. So let’s see how it benefits the skin.
1. Treats Psoriasis:
One of the common skin diseases which results in red, dry, and scaly patches on the skin. It causes a lot of itchiness and discomfort. Backed by Lauric Acid, Coconut oil is enriched with high moisture content that helps reduce inflammation. It hydrates and repairs the skin.
2. Perfect moisturizing and nourishing agent:
Lauric acid is an excellent emollient that penetrates the skin easily, which promotes hydration and prevents moisture loss. As a result, it helps to restore the skin’s natural barrier, keeping it supple and moisturized. In addition, it improves the skin’s moisture levels, contributing to a smoother and glowing complexion.
Are you looking for a perfect oil-free face moisturizer? If yes, you can opt for Mamaearth Ubtan Oil-Free Face Moisturizer containing Turmeric, Saffron, Soyabean Oil, and Carrot Root. It is a light, non-greasy formula that keeps the skin soft & supple and provides it with a natural glow.
Mamaearth Ubtan Oil-Free Face Moisturizer
3. Ideal healing agent:
Lauric acid is one of the best healing agents, effectively healing wounds and minor skin injuries. It promotes the regeneration of new skin cells, promotes collagen production, and supports tissue repair. In addition, it helps in preventing infection, ensuring a quicker and more efficient healing process.
4. Treats signs of aging:
When skin lacks hydration and moisturization, it looks dull and aged, leading to premature wrinkles. Rich in saturated fats, it effectively moisturizes and conditions your skin, which helps reduce the appearance of signs of aging.
5. Reduces skin inflammations:
Besides making the skin look worse, acne-causing bacteria give itchy, irritated, and inflamed skin. Lauric acid helps in soothing & calming inflamed skin and prevents acne-causing bacteria, giving you clear and glowing skin.
6. Treats Xerosis Cutis:
A common skin condition occurs in older adults, where the skin appears dry and flaky. With its moisturizing properties, Lauric Acid helps repair and hydrate the intensely dried-out skin, improve lipid barrier function, and restore your skin by feeling super soft and supple.
How to Incorporate Lauric Acid into Your Skincare Routine?
Loaded with powerful benefits, it is no wonder that Lauric acid has become a popular ingredient in skincare products. If you want to use Lauric acid in the skincare routine, here are some ways to consider by picking skincare products enriched with Lauric acid.
1. Cleansers: You can opt for face wash or skin cleansers that contain Coconut oil, palm kernel oil, or milk, which naturally contain Lauric acid. They assist in removing dirt, excess oil, and impurities while leaving the skin moisturized.
You can opt for Mamaearth Ubtan Face Wash, which removes tan, repairs Sun Damage, and brightens skin.
Mamaearth Ubtan Face Wash
2. Exfoliators: To deep cleanse the skin and layers, you can pick a face scrub, which will allow you to get rid of dirt, impurities, and excess oil in the skin. It will also allow easy absorption of different skincare products.
3. We advise applying a natural face toner to tighten the skin pores and maintain the skin’s pH balance, giving you a healthy glow.
4. Masks: Treat your skin to a nourishing face mask containing Lauric acid ingredients, such as Coconut oil. They will help revitalize and rejuvenate the skin, leaving it soft, supple, and refreshed.
Mamaearth Ubtan Face Mask helps exfoliate and moisturize the skin. It removes the tan and makes the skin healthy, soft, and glowy.
Mamaearth Ubtan Face Mask
5. Spot Treatments: Struggling with acne breakouts? Consider using a natural spot treatment that contains Lauric Acid. Several targets, such as Face serums and face creams, can assist in reducing inflammation, killing bacteria, and promoting a faster healing process. Mamaearth Ubtan Face Serum is a perfect choice that is quite effective in treating skin damage, rehydrating the skin, retaining moisture balance, and giving a natural glow to the skin.
Mamaearth Ubtan Face Serum
6. Moisturizers: You can also choose face moisturizers formulated with Coconut or Palm Kernel Oil. They lock in the essential moisture in the skin, protect the skin’s barrier function, and keep dryness at bay.
Mamaearth’s Ubtan Oil-Free Face Moisturizer helps keep the skin oil-free, soft & supple and brightens & makes the skin glow.
Summing it Up
There are plenty of uses for Lauric acid for the skin as it is one of the versatile and powerful ingredients that offer numerous benefits. You can choose any Lauric acid-rich source to incorporate into your healthy skincare regimen, as they all can give you a healthier and radiant complexion.
We advise you to avoid using products that harm your skin unnecessarily. Instead, pick a brand that creates safety-certified natural products. As Asia’s 1st `MadeSafe- Certified brand, Mamaearth stays committed to including safe and toxin-free ingredients in our natural products that remain effective for you and benefit your skin for a longer period.
wavy hair, layered hair, types of hair, curd for hair, ginger for hair, baby face rash cream, baby lotion for dry skin, baby cream for face, turmeric cream, baby care products,best cream for itchy skin rash, dry skin foundation, dry skin soap,glowing skin cream,essential oil for hair,receding hairline, combination skin face wash, cleanser for combination skin, telogen effluvium,hair breakage,hair wash, redensyl,isopropyl myristate,reetha,eucalyptus oil,phenoxyethanol,cocamidopropyl betaine,myristic acid,cetostearyl alcohol,stearic acid