Hair breakage refers to the breakage of hair, likely due to physical damage or excessive brushing or combing. Sometimes excessive use of styling tools, chemical treatments, or environmental stressors can also lead to breakage, especially if you have weak hair. So, let’s discuss some causes of hair breakage along with remedies and precautions to help you get healthy hair.
Pro Tip: Looking for an egg-based hair shampoo? Try Mamaearth’s Eggplex Shampoo with Egg Protein and Keratin that gently cleanses the hair and boosts its shine.
What Are Some Causes of Hair Breakage?
Some of the common hair breakage reasons include:
- Excessive use of heat styling tools
- Exposure to environmental stressors
- Tight hairstyles like ponytails and braids
- Over-brushing or excessive combing of hair
- Use of chemical treatments like hair coloring or straightening
|Do Watch: Hair breakage needn’t be a woe anymore. Our hair experts share their opinions in this video.|
What Are Some Solutions to Reduce Hair Breakage?
Damaged hair is more prone to breakage because it is fragile and weak. Hair breakage can also affect the scalp’s health, further leading to hair loss. If you continue to do things that damage hair, you may eventually experience hair thinning or breakage. We have listed some hair breakage solutions that may help you. Read on-
- Limit the use of heat styling tools.
- Say no to harsh chemicals and treatments.
- Opt for natural and gentle hair care products.
- Get your hair trimmed every three months to avoid split ends.
- Do not tie your hair tightly for a long time, especially when sleeping.
- Towel-dry your hair and avoid rubbing or pulling it
- Incorporate a healthy diet that includes proteins and Vitamins A, C, and E.
- Use a deep-conditioning hair mask to pamper your hair at least once weekly.
- Brush or comb your hair gently using a wide-tooth comb or a detangling brush.
- Use a silk or satin pillowcase to alleviate friction and prevent hair breakage while sleeping.
- Use a hair detangle spray and a wide-toothed comb to brush your hair and reduce breakage.
- Apply hair serum to protect hair from environmental stressors and harmful UV rays.
Mamaearth Rice Wonder Water
|Available Offer||35% Off|
What are some ways to reduce hair breakage naturally?
These are some natural ways to reduce hair breakage:
- First, massage your scalp and hair with pure aloe vera gel.
- Oil your hair regularly to infuse hydration and nourishment.
- Third, use hair booster oils packed with essential oils to boost hair growth and prevent breakage.
- Finally, switch to an anti-hair fall regime and use ingredients that help avert hair fall.
- You can use the Apple Cider Vinegar or the Onion Hair Care range of hair products from Mamaearth that helps reduce hair breakage.
Now that you know how to reduce hair breakage, let us move to understanding what a good hair care regime consists of.
Mamaearth Aloe Vera Gel
|Available Offer||35% Off|
What Is the Best Hair Care Regime That One Can Follow?
Following a hair care regime is vital to achieve healthy hair and scalp. Also, note that hair care is subjective for everyone. So always build your hair care routine according to your hair type and any underlying hair concerns.
- Oiling your hair has several benefits. It can nourish, hydrate and strengthen your hair. Hair oil helps boost blood circulation to the follicles and promotes healthy hair growth. Adding a hair growth oil to regular hair oils can help alleviate underlying hair issues like hair breakage, hair fall, and dandruff, to name a few.
- You will need a hair shampoo to cleanse your hair of the accumulated dirt, grime, and oil you have applied. However, be sure that your hair breakage shampoo is sulfate-free and does not disrupt the scalp with its essential oils. You can try Mamaearth Onion Hair Shampoo to prevent hair fall and accelerate new growth.
- A conditioner helps lock in the moisture in your hair and maintain the pH balance. Use a shampoo and conditioner that meets your hair needs and addresses your concerns. Here, our best pick is Mamaearth Onion Hair Conditioner which has the goodness of Onion, Coconut, and Sweet Almond Oil. It seals in moisture and tames frizzy hair.
- Hair serum is applied to slightly damp. Apply the serum about half an inch from the scalp and coat your strands only. A serum creates a protective layer on the hair, acting like a deflector to external factors. Hair serums give your hair a shiny appearance and make your tresses soft to the touch and easy to manage.
- It is suggested to use a hair mask once weekly to give your hair the nourishment it deserves. Hair masks are packed with the goodness of butter and oils that seep into the follicles and give them a breath of life. They are the perfect weekend relaxation options.
To apply a hair mask, section your hair into halves and apply a generous amount to the ends. Massage for 2-3 minutes to let the goodness of the oils and butter sink penetrate the scalp. It is best to let the mask stay for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off.
Our bestsellers- Mamaearth’s Hair Fall Control Kit
Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Control Kit
If you are experiencing hair fall, we recommend trying our Hair Fall Control Kit, the best hair breakage treatment. Packed with three hair care products like Onion Hair Oil, Onion Shampoo, and Conditioner, it is your answer to hair breakage. In addition, it features Plant Keratin that replenishes and strengthens hair follicles, repairing their natural structure.
It also has Coconut, Sweet Almond Oil, making it a safe option for colored & chemically treated hair. In addition, the products have no harmful chemicals & toxins such as Sulfates, Silicones, Parabens, and Mineral Oil & Dyes, so it suits all hair type needs.
Hair breakage is a common concern that many individuals experience today. But if your hair gets the required nourishment, it becomes healthy and does not fall off easily. This guide will help you cultivate an anti-hair fall treatment more precisely.
- What is hair breakage?
When your hair breaks due to over-styling, chemical treatments, or other environmental factors, it indicates hair breakage. This condition can lead to other factors like hair thinning, split ends, and lifeless-looking hair.
- What causes hair breakage?
Hair breakage can be due to various factors, such as excessive use of styling tools, chemical treatments, or environmental stressors. Braiding your hair tightly or tight hairstyles can also cause hair breakage.
- What to do for hair breakage?
Some things you can do to reduce hair breakage are to minimize the use of heat styling tools and avid tight hairstyles. You should also avoid chemical treatments and switch to chemical-free hair care products.
- What does hair breakage look like?
When your hair loses its natural shine and begins to look lifeless, and you notice less hair density that may or may not have split ends is when you have hair breakage. You will also see that your hair is thinner when facing hair breakage.
- How to stop hair breakage naturally?
Use 100% chemical-free products to help repair your hair naturally. Other things to do are stop opting for chemical treatments and not tying your hair tight. Instead, eat healthy foods rich in vitamins and proteins.
cleanser vs face wash, Cleanser for Oily Skin, cleanser for dry skin, clear skin cream, best anti dandruff oil, dry skin moisturizer, anti aging cream, combination skin moisturizer, sensitive skin face wash, anti aging face wash, anti aging serum, serum for dry skin, wavy hair, layered hair, types of hair, curd for hair, ginger for hair, baby face rash cream, baby lotion for dry skin, baby cream for face, turmeric cream, baby care products,best cream for itchy skin rash, dry skin foundation, dry skin soap,glowing skin cream,essential oil for hair,receding hairline, combination skin face wash, cleanser for combination skin, telogen effluvium