If acne and pimples visit you frequently, you probably know how frustrating dealing with them is. Maintaining acne-prone skin requires a holistic approach that starts with a personalized and well-thought-out skincare routine. While cleansing, toning, and moisturizing are fundamental steps, treatment products can help defy oily skin troubles. So in this blog, we will talk about best serum for acne prone skin, their usefulness, and effectiveness.
Our skin regularly needs the nourishment of potent ingredients to retain its natural shine. With their effective permeating qualities, face serum have become absolute game-changers in skincare. However, finding the best-suited formulations may be a baffling task for you. Hence, we have come up with top recommendations for the best serum for acne prone skin. Stay tuned!
Pro Tip: Try Mamaearth’s Skin Illuminate Face Serum for Radiant Skin. Enriched with Vitamin C and Turmeric, it offers a radiant glow and reduces fine lines.
What Exactly is a Serum?
Serums are designed to add a rejuvenating essence to your skincare routine. It is a topical product that targets acne outbreaks, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, premature aging, and dullness. In addition, it boosts radiance, collagen production, and hydration levels of the skin. Having a water-like consistency, its weightless texture gets absorbed evenly into your skin.
Good-quality serums formulated for acne-prone skin come enriched with vitamins, peptides, botanical extracts, and antioxidants to yield wonders on the skin. The molecules in serum allow the actives to penetrate your skin to perform faster than most skincare products. In addition, due to their liquid texture, they are an ideal way to extract substantial benefits with a weightless application on the skin.
Best serum for acne prone skin are typically water-based, so when you layer them on damp skin, the active ingredients can quickly nourish your skin tissues. However, applying it on a dirt-free face is critical to deriving the best results. Thus, you should always start the cleansing process with a sulfate-free, gentle face wash regardless of the skincare routine you intend to follow. You can try our acne glow face wash for your sensitive skin.
Basic Function of Anti Acne Serum
Unlike heavily formulated products, the best serum for acne prone skin comprises smaller molecules that travel deep into the skin’s layers without being greasy on the surface. Therefore, due to its well-balanced formulation, the skin easily gets adjusted to its consistency.
Here are some benefits of =anti acne serum on face:
- Offers optimal hydration and helps improve dehydrated, scaly, and sensitive skin texture.
- Effective in helping with excessive sebum secretion and blackheads, and clogged pores.
- Soothes the skin and boosts its natural radiance.
- Boosts the absorption ability of the skin.
- Improves skin barrier by nourishing and moisturizing inner skin cells.
- Safeguards the skin from damage caused due to oxidative stress.
How to Opt for Best Serum for Acne Prone Skin?
Look for the presence of actives:
There are plenty of active ingredients used in the formulation of serums. Be it treating acne or defying dullness, serums aid in managing all sorts of skin concerns if picked up or used correctly. So, remember to know about the formulations before buying serums.
- Retinol: The onset of acne can be terrifying. However, dealing with the marks they leave can be much worse. Retinol isn’t just a powerful ingredient in anti-aging treatment but the most advised solution to counter acne and pimples. Since it increases skin cell turnover, it helps combat acne and its spread.
- Hydroxy acids: Hydroxy acids are alpha hydroxy acids (such as Glycolic Acid) and Beta Hydroxy Acids (such as Salicylic Acid). They exfoliate the epidermis to unclog the pores and promote cell renewal. However, they may dry out the skin if used in higher concentrations daily. Thus, we advise starting with a lower concentration of a toxin-free hydroxy acid-based serum and applying it once a day.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is an active form of Vitamin B3 that effectively treats pustules, redness, and dark spots. Due to its ability to control sebum production, it is considered the best ingredient to be added to an oily skincare routine. Since it appears to be very gentle, you can use it twice a day or layer it with many ingredients as a dark spot removal cream.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C needs no introduction in skincare. It deals with unevenness and dullness and has a great role to play when treating acne marks. This valuable antioxidant helps fight oxidative stress in the skin cells and fade acne scars. Due to its effective role in skincare, it is recommended to be used daily in the morning before applying a face moisturizer and SPF.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic Acid is one calming and effective humectant that helps retain skin’s natural moisture. If you have skin concerns like flaky skin texture, choosing this potent ingredient might help. It strengthens the moisture barrier and gives your skin a boost of hydration, enhancing the overall appearance of your face.
Recommendation: If you have concerns like dry skin, we suggest you try our Skin Plump Serum for Face Glow. Made with Hyaluronic acid, this serum helps retain collagen, increase the skin’s moisture content, and improve elasticity and flexibility. Once you have applied it, use our Bye Bye Acne Face Cream with Salicylic acid for clear skin.
- Watch for oils
If you are searching for ways to calm oily skin, it is best to avoid oil-based serums. Not just serums, but we advise you to stay away from oil-based facial products such as creams or moisturizers. In addition, check for non-comedogenic ingredients to ensure the product doesn’t clog your pores.
- Choose the right blend
There are hordes of anti-acne serums on the market that contain a mix of the ingredients listed above. The key is to choose a gentle formula that goes well on your skin. For example, you may opt for a mix containing Salicylic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid for a complete treatment for your skin.
- Incorporate smartly
If your skin breaks out with every new product you try, it’s a sign you aren’t using the correct formula. In such a case, you need to focus on the number of products you use to avoid skin irritation. Here are things you should be mindful of:
- The primary rule is to layer your skincare products in the correct sequence, i.e., cleanser, face toner, face serum, face moisturizer, and SPF-based sunscreen.
- Always start with a lower percentage of active ingredients to see if it is gentle on your skin. Then, gradually increase the percentage when your skin develops a tolerance for it.
- If a serum makes your skin dry over time, you may apply some hydrating products before its application. For example, you may look for a hydrating sheet face mask for your weekly routine or follow the serum’s application with a moisturizer.
- Always take a pea-sized amount of product to avoid skin irritation. In addition, ensure to apply a thick layer of moisturizer after serum application to lock in the nourishment.
Pro tip: If you have oily skin, you should look for a moisturizer with an oil-free or gel-based formulation. You may also pick Mamaearth’s Aloe Vera Face Gel because it won’t aggravate sebum production in the skin.
Reasons to Add Serum to Your Anti Acne Routine
- Lightweight: Serums have a thin, fluid texture designed to get soaked up by just patting on the skin.
- Fast-absorbing: Unlike oils and creams, serums are made from tiny molecules that enter your inner skin cells without leaving residue on the skin.
- Non-comedogenic: Serums with an oil-free and silicone-free formula won’t clog your pores or aggravate your acne breakouts.
- Targeted: Anti-acne serums are usually designed to treat targeted concerns such as dullness, fine lines, spots, etc. We advise picking up serum according to your skin concerns.
- Concentrated: Serums contain active ingredients at a higher concentration that help heal your skincare issues. Their formulas are different from any other skincare product.
- Effective: All thanks to their composition and ability to penetrate deeply, anti-acne serums are known to provide better and faster results than topical products.
- Easy to layer: Owing to their weightless texture, you can layer your anti-acne serums under your face moisturizers, makeup, or even facial oils.
Now that you’ve taken a crash course in anti-acne serums and how they work, check out the derm-approved picks for you.
Try Mamaearth’s Best Face Serums for Acne-Prone Skin in India
1. Tea Tree Face Serum
Purify and rejuvenate your skin from within with our Tea Tree Face Serum. Designed to soothe acne, this is one of the best anti-acne serums that yields positive results on blackheads, clogged pores, and dark spots. The combination of Tea Tree and Salicylic Acid helps dissolve excess sebum, fade acne scars, and disinfect skin pores. It is a potent blend enriched with antibacterial and antioxidant properties to keep skin healthy and acne-free.
2. Leaves of Clarity Essence Serum
Pave the way for a clearer, shinier, and healthier skin barrier with our Leaves of Clarity Essence Serum. It is packed with Salicylic Acid, Neem, Japanese Cherry, and Hyaluronic Acid. While Salicylic acid exfoliates the skin gently to remove dead skin layers, Hyaluronic acid helps retain moisture. Likewise, Japanese Cherry and Neem work well to target dark spots and pimples to reveal a bright, even skin texture. So, no more bumps in the way of clear skin!
3. Skin Correct Face Serum
Defeat your skincare woes with a trusted blend of antioxidants, humectants, and vitamins. Our Skin Correct Face Serum is enriched with the goodness of Niacinamide, Ginger Extract, Zinc PCA, and Glycerin. Considered the best serum for acne scar control, it helps reduce enlarged pores, improves the skin barrier, and calms irritated skin. Rich in antioxidants and Vitamin B3, it helps inhibit the damage caused due to free radical damage and delays aging.
With a unique way of blending into the skin, serums are always hailed for their weightless and gentle formulation. In addition, the smooth consistency of the serum makes it a great product to sit under your makeup. At Mamaearth, we offer a gentle, toxin-free range of serums that target acne, pimples, and scaly skin texture. Powered by the Goodness of Nature, they help soothe, treat, and rejuvenate your skin from the inside out.
Acne and pimples may find their way to dehydrated, unclean, and excessively oily skin. Thus, try having a skincare regimen focusing on hydration while keeping your skin’s pH and sebum level in check. From using a gentle face scrub to hydrating toner, your skin needs a well-balanced mix of products to look and feel good. As Asia’s first MadeSafe-certified brand, we focus on providing sustainable and gentle solutions to meet your skincare needs. So, shop from us and fill your skincare kitty with soothing products!
- Which is the best serum for acne prone skin?
We recommend using face serums that contain active ingredients such as Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, etc. They would help maintain the skin's sebum and pH levels, and would thus be very effective on acne-prone skin. You should also check if such a serum features natural extracts and a toxin-free composition. Ascertaining this would help ensure better results over time.
We recommend using Mamaearth best serum for acne prone skin which is Skin Correct Face Serum with Niacinamide and Ginger Extract to prevent acne marks. This gentle formulation reduces acne marks, dark spots, and blemishes. It also stimulates melanin activity and evens patchy skin, giving you youthful skin.
- Does salicylic acid serum remove acne?
Acne formation is often a result of blocked pores and the accumulation of dead skin layers, toxins, and bacteria on the epidermis. Trapped inside the pores, the trio causes pus-filled pimples and inflammation. Salicylic acid is an effective ingredient in skincare that treats acne by unclogging blocked pores, maintaining sebum secretion, and exfoliating the upper layer of skin gently.
However, it is recommended to opt for a skincare product that has about 2% Salicylic Acid in its composition. You should also check if it matches your skin’s texture and that it does not contain any toxic additives that may cause peeling.
- What is 2% Salicylic Acid Serum used for?
A face serum with 2% Salicylic Acid offers gentle surface-level exfoliation. It also encourages the natural shedding of dead skin cells and boosts the rate of cell renewal in the skin. In addition, it penetrates the skin pores to clear out impurities and reduce acne, blemishes, and inflammation. We suggest using a face serum containing 2% Salicylic Acid, besides Hyaluronic acid, Glycerin, Tea Tree, or Licorice extracts.
- Can I apply salicylic acid daily?
Yes, it is safe to use salicylic acid every day if you use the correct formulation for your skin type. We advise using it with other stabilizing and moisturizing agents to protect your skin from drying out. However, it depends on your skin's tolerance, so we suggest using the correct concentration that suits your skin type. Moreover, always keep your skin moisturized and protected by SPF if you use salicylic acid-based products daily.
|Popular Search Terms|
how to remove dark circles, black spots on face, salicylic acid for skin, nude makeup, hair smoothening, combination skin, face clean up, what is pigmentation on face, best cream to remove pimple marks fast, niacinamide benefits, how to use aloe vera gel on face at night, eyeliner styles, vitamin c serum benefits, best serum for acne prone skin, rice water for skin, dusky skin, almond oil for hair, dark spots on face, which oil is best for hair, how to reduce melanin, argan oil for hair, Eye Makeup, how to grow beard faster, citronella oil, how to remove pimple marks, skin complexion types, low porosity hair, green tea benefits for skin, rose water benefits for face, how to use shower gel, blemishes on face, dead skin, how to remove pigmentation from face permanently, how to stop hair fall immediately, how to increase hair density, ubtan meaning, hair serum uses, difference between shower gel and body wash, hair serum benefits,