Makeup assumes a figure of central importance among women. From subtle office looks to party glam or bridal allure, you can attain different recreated looks through makeup. But, even an expert makeup application needs backup to withstand the environmental effects or sudden surge of emotions anywhere. That’s why you should get waterproof makeup when leaving your home.
Makeup assists in making your first impression lasting and impactful. You don’t want a ruined makeup look due to any adverse situation that may come your way. After all, nobody wants to have scary and patchy facial makeup. This is where a waterproof makeup kit can be a game changer, as it can help you set up gorgeous looks every day.
Defining Waterproof Makeup Look
Makeup is not limited to only mascara and foundations. With the constant innovations in the beauty and cosmetic industry, brands are stepping up the beauty game by bringing different products into the market. However, picking the best-suited makeup products for your skin is challenging.
The waterproof makeup look is created with the help of waterproof cosmetics that do not allow any moisture to stay in touch with the makeup. In addition, they contain natural adhesives which help stick to your skin, eyelashes, and brows. To set up a perfect makeup look, we’ve wrapped around everything you want to know about setting the same with the help of waterproof makeup products.
5 Benefits of Applying Waterproof Makeup
Most skincare and beauty care experts agree that smudge-proof or water-resistant makeup is usually the best. One reason for it is that it does not make you miss the fun, no matter what the weather or occasion is.
Here are some benefits you can reap by applying waterproof makeup.
1. Water sports made easy and fun: If swimming is something that you extremely love, waterproof makeup can be your perfect partner. Waterproof makeup includes foundations and tints. Eyeliners. Lipsticks, concealers, and lip gloss. These natural formulations are lightweight on your skin and do not leave your skin even when exposed to water. So, you don’t have to think twice before jumping into a pool or even when you unexpectedly face a rainy day.
2. Worry less about the sweats: Workouts release excessive stress, making normal makeup bleed from the facial skin. Or, if you’re exposed to hot summer days often and don’t want to get your vibrant makeup look affected, waterproof makeup life is good to go.
3. Cry without a worry: Be it your best friend’s wedding or nostalgia from your favorite movie, one can shed tears anytime. But some moments will become a reality for you once in a lifetime. We know the time, occasion, and day cannot be decided yet, but you’ve to look your best still, and you might shed some tears. So, be prepared!
4. Saves your money: If you apply and re-apply the makeup regularly when it gets washed down, it can be costly as you’ve to buy them often. Instead, you can buy the best waterproof makeup products as you don’t have to apply and re-apply them again as they are waterproof.
5. Wear contact lenses confidently: If you’re used to wearing contact lenses, you must shift to waterproof makeup as it is safe for your eyes. Chances are that normal makeup may smudge and mix with contact lenses and eyes.
If you’re looking for the best bridal waterproof makeup products in India, you can easily pick Mamaearth Colorcare Products, which are smudge-proof and waterproof. They also offer an 11-hour long stay and even 2x instant glow (if applicable).
How to set up waterproof makeup easily?
Everyone has observed changing their makeup into a water-filled or sweaty disaster for several reasons. But now, with waterproof makeup, you can feel relieved. Although we cannot control environmental or emotional factors, we can learn to apply waterproof makeup products that contain the goodness of natural ingredients.
1. Beginning with a regular skincare routine: Whether it is a makeup day or not, you should ensure that your skin is cared for with undivided attention. Before the makeup, you should know the importance of clean, clear, and moisturized skin. Keeping the products as few as possible is advisable to avoid making the skin greasy and heavy.
If you’re looking for natural skin care products for your AM-PM skincare routine, you may opt for Mamaearth skincare products. They are enriched with different kinds of natural ingredients which are safe and toxin-free.
2. Start with the primer: After ensuring a dose of moisturization, you need to apply the primer before makeup. Apart from setting up the perfect base, it would help set up a perfect sweat-proof makeup that is long-lasting and budge-proof.
Tip: Pick a primer that suits your facial complexion, reduces excess grease, and shines. It would work best if it is non-comedogenic and ultra-light on the skin.
3. Set the foundation: When applying base makeup, you should consider applying a foundation on your skin. Pick a foundation that matches your skin tone and even out the skin, promoting a natural appearance. In addition, it will help set up makeup for longer periods, fill out unnecessary fine lines, open pores, and smoothen out uneven textures.
We advise you to pick from different types of Mamaearth Glow Serum Foundations, which serve you various kinds of bases for the makeup. It offers multiple shades such as Sand Glow, Almond Glow, Crème Glow, Beige Glow, Toffee Glow, Nude Glow, and Ivory Glow. It gives 2x instant glow, buildable coverage, hydrates the skin, and a flawless dewy base for 12 hours non-stop.
4. Hiding your problematic areas: As we age and tend to be exposed to harsh weather, we face signs of aging and flaws. But there’s nothing you can do about it, right? You can always hide or conceal the areas such as dark spots, pimples, acne, and other facial blemishes. Choose a hydrating concealer that is light on the skin and does not harm the skin.
If you aren’t sure which concealers to choose from, we advise you to pick from Mamaearth Glow Hydrating Concealers that blend into your skin seamlessly, offer a boost of hydration, and impart a natural glow to your skin. In addition, the light base is long-lasting, non-cakey, and does not crease. When picking concealers for different skin types, Mamaearth offers shades such as Crème Glow, Ivory Glow, and Nude Glow.
5. Add the finesse with a makeup powder
How to prevent makeup from falling off the face? First, be sure to apply a translucent mattifying powder. It will help you set up perfect waterproof makeup and increase your look’s longevity. But it would be best to choose the setting powder correctly, as the wrong product can make the makeup feel too heavy.
Mamaearth Glow Mattifying Loose Powder assists in setting up your makeup with a few swipes and gives a perfect finish. It brightens the skin, calms inflammation, absorbs excess oil & shine, and lends the pores an airbrushed flawless look.
6. Contour and blush: Contouring with bronzer gives a beautiful glow while blushing up with the matching color to your outfit complements your facial look.
7. Pick waterproof eye makeup: Eye cosmetics involve setting up eyebrows and lash lines. But before swiping up your favorite eye kajal or pencil, prime your brows. Eyeliner and mascara smudges can be embarrassing as they can appear unexpectedly. We suggest you switch to waterproof eye makeup, which includes waterproof eyeliner and colored kajal, which are transfer-proof.
Mamaearth offers soothing waterproof eyeliners and long-stay colored kajal that are smudge-proof and stay intact for 11 hours. They are formulated using natural ingredients such as Vitamin C and Chamomile.
8. Apply smudge-proof lipsticks: When applying bridal water-proof makeup, transfer-proof and smudge-proof lipsticks should be considered. But, before applying lipstick, consider applying lip balm to even out the (cracked) lips.
Mamaearth offers transfer-proof, smudge-proof, and water-proof lipstick that offers a 12-hour non-stop stay and moisturization for 8 hours. In addition, they are available in different shades.
9. Don’t forget the setting spray: The setting sprays make our makeup look full-proof and intact. They’re formulated to make your makeup last longer and give you the same flawless look for hours. Also, it helps control the excess shine and grease, so you get a fresh look.
10. Always keep the blotting paper handy: This process is essential to stop your makeup from leaking or transferring the lipstick to your eatables, and blotting paper assists in absorbing excess oil, shine, and sweat from the face and lips.
5 Tips for Creating a Full Waterproof Makeup Look
1. Gently remove the makeup: When you return home, do not go to bed without removing your makeup, as it would weigh down the skin very badly. With the help of waterproof makeup remover, you can gently remove the makeup quickly and provide the skin with an ample dose of moisturization.
2. Apply cosmetics using a makeup sponge: Use a sponge instead of your fingers. It will help buff the product into your skin, providing a long-lasting effect.
3. Use a long-wear sealant: This tip is for last-minute realizers, unaware they don’t have a waterproof makeup kit. Longwear sealant is the perfect way to transform your non-waterproof makeup products into waterproof ones. These products are available in droppers and can be added to makeup, lending the pigments more intense and making them last longer.
4. Reduce the usage of wax products: Wax products look and feel great, but for a short period. They are not transfer-proof and can be easily transferred to your eatables, such as lipsticks. You may consume your lipstick too with your coffee or food. You can either choose to carry your lipstick around every time or choose matte lipstick. They’re more water-proof, attractive, and safe for your lips.
5. Use gel-based products: If you’re setting up water-proof makeup, we suggest you choose better alternatives than powder-based options. You can easily switch to gel-based alternatives, such as primers and mattifiers. It will keep your makeup intact, even if exposed to unexpected sprays and splashes.
4 Makeup Myths You Should Not Believe
Several makeup myths floating in the market have forced people to rethink their choices of makeup products. Today, we will break the myths so you do not fall for them on your D-day. Let’s go!
#Myth 1: Oily skin types don’t need to apply moisturizer
Fact: Oily skin does produce extra oil, but it doesn’t mean you don’t have to moisturize the skin with a hydrating and natural moisturizer or body lotion. Moisturizer helps regulate the excess sebum content, adds hydration to your skin, retains water levels, and forms a shield over the skin. People with oily or acne-prone skin may use an oil-free moisturizer to help their skin stay adequately moisturized without causing outbreaks.
#Myth 2: You should throw mascara away when it dries out
Fact: The shelf life of the mascara is eight months. After that, you should avoid using it as it can catch bad bacteria and infection. However, if your mascara dries out before that, it can be fixed easily.
#Myth 3: Makeup can clog pores
Fact: Although makeup can cause clogged pores and cause acne, only if you avoid removing it for hours or go to bed without removing it. Freshly set makeup on the skin can never cause acne unless you’re allergic or not maintaining the proper skincare routine.
#Myths 4: You don’t need to wash makeup brushes if they’re single-handed
Fact: While as funny as this myth looks, it is something serious that you should pay attention to. As your brushes come in contact with many products, bacteria accumulate on the brush’s surface. Hence, you should wash them regularly.
Getting that Waterproof Makeup Look is Now Easy!
Creating and maintaining a full water makeup look is easy if you carefully follow the steps above. So, with the help of Mamaearth Color Care Range, you can easily achieve the stunning and confident look you’ve always dreamt of.
Mamaearth is Asia’s 1st Made Safe Certified brand, with a product range that frees from all the nasties, chemicals, and toxins. Our color care beauty products are dermatologically tested to suit all skin types. It is proud to have India’s first Made Safe certification.
- What is waterproof makeup?
Waterproof makeup refers to products specially formulated to resist moisture and stay in place when exposed to water
- How to remove waterproof makeup without makeup remover?
Suppose you do not want to use makeup remover to remove the waterproof makeup. In that case, you can effectively rub a small amount of several oils, such as olive oil, coconut oil, and almond oil, onto your facial area to remove the makeup. The oil breaks down makeup products and cleanses them away.
- How to remove waterproof eyeliner without makeup remover?
You can use Coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, or petroleum jelly to remove the waterproof eyeliner.
- What makes makeup waterproof?
Dimethicone is a silicone-based polymer added to products to keep them from budging when water exposes them. It is safe for most skin types and is thus used in many good-quality skincare products too.
|Popular Search Terms|
is smoothening good for hair, Apply the Foundation on the face, how to make hair soft and silky, how to remove pigmentation from face permanently at home, what causes dark spots on face, why pigmentation comes on face, Skin Tones, How to get acne-free glowing skin naturally, types of makeup, simple eye makeup, pimple cream, best waterproof foundation, Is onion good for hair, what is concealer, What are stretch marks, Must have makeup products, how to detan skin, clean teeth, how to remove tan from hands and legs, how to get rid of dry skin, how to remove wrinkles under eyes, neem oil benefits