Sometimes all your skin needs is a gentle touch of nature to look healthy and youthful. Amongst the many other natural ingredients for skin, Neem has its relevance in beauty. Neem oil benefits for skin in acne & pimples.
Likely, you might have seen your granny or nanny using neem leaves to make a DIY face mask at home. So why do women use this remedy, even though it has a harsh odor? First, let’s talk about the neem oil benefits for the skin.
In Vedas, Neem is called ‘Sarva Roga Nivarini’ or ‘the panacea.’ It is widely used to brighten skin tone, lessen fine lines, reduce redness, and minimize acne and breakouts on the skin. In addition, it is renowned for its exceptional antibacterial properties, including the ability to heal wounds and be a potent treatment for skin conditions.
Neem oil is rich in fatty acids and other nutrients, so it is used in various skincare products like face gel, cleansers, creams, body lotions, and cosmetics. It has potent ingredients that are extremely beneficial to the skin, including:
- Fatty acids (EFA)
- Vitamin E
7 Neem Oil Benefits for Skincare
As neem oil benefits amazingly on the skin, skincare experts recommend using neem oil-enriched skin care products for acne-prone skin. Some people are genetically more susceptible to developing acne or pimples, and using neem oil-enriched face masks can help avert bacterial growth and unclog pores.
The other neem oil uses & benefits include:
1. Reduces pimples and acne- Neem oil can help reduce acne and pimples. It is packed with antibacterial characteristics that avert bacterial growth and prevent breakouts. This keeps your skin clean and bright while preventing skin infections.
2. Helps restore skin’s glow – Neem is a wonderful ingredient that helps rejuvenate skin, increases collagen production, and enhances skin elasticity. Regular use of a neem face pack can give your skin a healthy sheen. It also helps brighten skin tone by restoring its natural glow.
3. Lightens scars and blemishes- Acne and pimples leave too many persistent scars behind. The neem face pack helps lightens scars and blemishes. Within two to three weeks, you will notice your skin texture improving, all thanks to the skin-brightening properties of neem oil.
4. Anti-aging- Neem oil is anti-aging too. It addresses wrinkles and fine lines caused by dry skin. In addition, the antioxidants in neem oil help reduce the melanin production in the skin, helping with signs of premature aging. It also helps to reduce dark spots and hyperpigmentation on the skin.
5. Gives you an even tone- Neem contains antioxidants that improve skin tone and reduce dark spots and blemishes. Applying it regularly may help make your skin become younger and more radiant over time. In addition, the use of neem oil face masks gives you soft and supple skin.
6. Anti-inflammatory- Neem’s anti-inflammatory properties effectively calm irritated or inflamed skin. It helps soothe the inflammation and treat infections that could make your skin cells more sensitive to problems related to the skin.
7. Eliminates whiteheads and blackheads- Neem face packs can also help eliminate whiteheads or blackheads caused by clogged pores. It removes impurities, minimizes enlarged pores, and inhibits bacteria from growing underneath the epidermal layer of skin cells.
Do you know? Neem oil is safe for most people to use. It helps treat moles and warts, and accelerates collagen production. Additionally, studies have shown that it may help reduce tumors caused by skin cancers.
Our Bestsellers- Neem Face Mask for Acne-Free Skin
Mamaearth Neem Face Pack has a unique mixture of Neem Oil and Tea Tree Oil that helps eliminate acne, pimples, and breakouts on your face. In addition, tea tree oil is widely known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties. So if you want to get luminous skin right after washing, we recommend using Mamaearth’s Neem Face Mask.
Aloe vera is another ingredient that helps reduce inflammation. When combined with Neem, this face pack ensures that redness and inflammation around painful acne are reduced naturally. Dermatologically tested, this Neem Face Pack contains no harmful chemicals like SLES, sulfates, silicones, phthalates, and artificial colors.
- Neem Oil: Neem Oil is a fantastic remedy for soothing skin redness and itching. It also clears up acne and breakout, giving you healthy skin.
- Tea tree oil: Due to its powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties, tea tree oil is used to treat infections, dryness, and pimples.
- Mulberry extract: It contains essential antioxidants that restore the skin’s radiance. It also helps reduce black spots and prevents skin discoloration.
- Apricot oil: This hydrating oil treats scars, wrinkles, and fine lines. It also helps soothe inflamed and painful skin.
How to use a Neem Face Pack?
Whether aiming to maintain overall skin health or treat skin issues, neem is the most reliable option. However, to get the most out of this ingredient, apply a neem face pack twice weekly. Here’s how you should do it-
Step 1: Use a gentle facial cleanser appropriate for your skin type to remove dust and impurities from your skin.
Step 2: After patting your skin dry, generously apply a neem pack on your face and neck.
Step 3: Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Step 4: Use it twice weekly for best results.
Cultivating a five-steps skincare regimen
Step 1: Cleanse your skin – Begin by using gentle and mild face cleansers on your skin if you have sensitive skin. This should be done twice daily- in the morning and at night. We recommend using a face wash according to your skin type and condition. For instance, dry skin should be well rinsed with a creamy textured cleanser that does not strip the skin’s excess oil.
If you have oily skin, we recommend using cleansers that control excess sebum, such as tea tree oil, salicylic acid, neem, etc. (You may opt for our Tea Tree Face Wash for the same). For sensitive skin, ultra-hydrating cleansers may be the most suitable option. (Our Aqua Gel Face Wash is a good example). Be sure to use such face washes twice a day.
Step 2: Use a toner to refine enlarged pores- A face toner is a quick-absorbing liquid with many skin-friendly properties. Here are many ways a face toner helps dry skin:
- It helps remove any traces of makeup, oil, or other substances that may have remained after cleansing.
- It gives skin a quick boost of hydration.
- It helps reduce enlarged pores by unclogging the dust and grime.
- Also, it prepares your skin for the next product to get absorbed into your skin easily.
Some toners contain alcohol and harsh chemicals that leave the skin dry. Hence, choose a toner with hydrating ingredients. We recommend looking for ingredients like witch hazel, willow bark, and aloe vera gel to boost skin hydration.
Recommendation: You can try Mamaearth’s Vitamin C Face Toner, enriched with the goodness of Vitamin C and Cucumber for pore tightening. It helps prevent acne and outbreaks by cleansing pores. Also featuring Aloe Vera, Cucumber, and Witch Hazel, this face toner helps restore the skin’s pH balance.
Step 3: Include a nourishing face serum- A thin viscous skin care product with concentrated active components is called a serum. It deeply penetrates the skin and works to address specific skin issues. There’s a dedicated face serum for every skin concern. So, begin with understanding your skin type and goals and find a face serum that helps.
You can look for active ingredients like salicylic acid, niacinamide, retinol, vitamin C, and peptides to get clear skin. In addition, some serums are crafted to treat present breakouts and stop them from occurring again.
Step 4: Moisturize- Any skin type can suffer signs of aging if this step is avoided. Yes, you get that right. Moisturization is an extremely important part of skincare, helping strengthen your skin’s barrier. Dry skin more commonly experiences dullness, fine lines, and wrinkles. As a result, it’s essential to use a non-comedogenic face moisturizer.
If you have oily skin, experts suggest using ingredients like glycerin and hyaluronic acid. They provide long-lasting moisture without making your skin sticky and oily all day. We thus recommend Mamaearth Tea Tree Oil-Free Face Moisturizer with the goodness of Salicylic Acid and Neem Oil for face care. It fights acne and pimples by providing 24-hour hydration. This toxin-free moisturizer also comes enriched with Vitamin E and Black Oats Extracts that soak up excess oil from the skin cells.
Step 5: Use a face mask for glowing skin- Several plants, including Aloe vera, Neem, etc., are well known for their benefits in skincare. Due to their numerous skin-beneficial properties, neem oil and aloe vera are highly regarded for acne-sensitive skin. In addition, they help soothe any inflammation on the skin triggered by acne. So, it’s best if you apply a face mask once or twice weekly for a healthy glow.
Additionally, face mask boost nourishment and hydration, helping skin slough off dead skin cells. Once you apply a face mask, the cells trap the moisture and create a layer to protect the skin. Therefore, facial masks allow ingredients to penetrate better into your skin in a short amount of time. You may opt for our Neem Face Mask (as mentioned above) to get started on a positive note with your skincare regimen.
Some smart tips to take care of your skin
Here are some tips that may help take care of your skin-
1. Always use a sulfate-free face cleanser to rinse off your facial skin. Sulfates can be harsh on the skin, stealing the skin’s natural oils.
2. Although you should wash your face twice daily, post-workout facial cleansing is necessary.
3. Even though you regularly use a cleanser, face scrub still does a good job of helping slough off dead skin cells. It works to eliminate deeply-rooted impurities from the skin.
4. The best toner for dull and saggy skin is green tea. Put green tea leaves or a green tea bag in hot water for 30 minutes. Then, apply the liquid to the skin after cooling and straining.
5. If you want to brighten your skin tone, sandalwood paste makes the best DIY face pack. Mix sandalwood and a few drops of rose water to make a thick paste. Apply it to your face, and rinse off after 20 to 30 minutes.
6. Mix two drops of tea tree oil and two tablespoons of rose water. Use this for skin disorders, including inflammation and irritation.
7. Skin itching can be relieved with apple cider vinegar. However, be careful if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.
8. Turmeric is also best for acne and breakouts. Its antiseptic properties help reduce acne marks while giving you a bright skin tone.
A dip in temperature welcomes dryness in the skin’s texture, while hot weather results in excess sweat and oil production, which ultimately clogs pores. The good news is that by cultivating a skincare routine for your unique skin type, you can overcome these skin problems.
Your skincare decisions can help you see significant improvements in the skin on your face. So always understand what your skin loves and build your skincare routine around. Your skin care practices can lead you to happy, glowing skin.
At Mamaearth, we work towards easing your skincare journey with our nature’s blended approach. Our toxin-free skin and hair care range helps you achieve your skin and hair care goals with ease. So grab the goodness pack and welcome healthy-looking skin!
- How to use neem oil for skin?
Neem oil should not be directly applied to the skin as it is very potent. So the best way to get the neem oil benefits is to use skin care products formulated from it.
- What is the use of neem oil?
Neem oil effectively treats skin diseases, septic sores, and infected burns. Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help balance excess oil production, heal wounds, stimulate collagen formation, reduce post-acne scars, and minimize skin inflammation. It also heals the skin tissue and reduces hyperpigmentation and scars.
- What is neem oil?
Neem oil contains fatty acids, antioxidants, and antimicrobial compounds, which can benefit the skin in various ways. Also known as Azadirachta Indica, it is a vegetable oil pressed from the fruits and seeds of the neem.
|Popular Search Terms|
how to use toner on face, is smoothening good for hair, Apply the Foundation on the face, how to make hair soft and silky, how to remove pigmentation from face permanently at home, what causes dark spots on face, why pigmentation comes on face, Skin Tones, How to get acne-free glowing skin naturally, types of makeup, simple eye makeup, pimple cream, best waterproof foundation, Is onion good for hair, what is concealer, What are stretch marks, Must have makeup products, how to detan skin, how to remove tan from hands and legs, how to get rid of dry skin, how to remove wrinkles under eyes, neem products