Being a skincare enthusiast opens new doors of exploration of every other natural ingredient or product in the market. Some of them may or may not suit your skin. But if you love natural ingredients, have you ever considered glycerin for your skin? Unfortunately, it is more likely that you have thought of it as a skin-repairing agent. But is glycerin good for your skin? We’ll help you paint a clearer picture.
Glycerin is one of the essential substances in the beauty and skincare industry. It is one ingredient that our elders used for ages as it serves perfectly irrespective of your skin and hair type. It can effectively treat dry, dehydrated, and oily skin.
It also provides them with appropriate moisture, making your skin and hair healthy, smooth, and glowing. Here’s our take on how you may include your skincare routine with glycerin.
What is Glycerin?
Glycerin is a colorless, unscented, and transparent liquid derived from vegetable and animal sources. It exhibits natural moisturizing and restorative properties that make the skin soft and smooth and balances out the complexion. Raw glycerin is produced with the help of the hydrolysis of animal or vegetable fats.
Glycerin is good for the skin because it attracts moisture content and enhances the moisture on the top layer. Also known as Glycerol, it is quite effective as a moisturizing skincare product and works for all skin types.
10 Reasons Why is Glycerin good for your Skin Care?
Packed with astonishing benefits favorable for every skin type and texture, glycerin is a hydrating and soothing ingredient that makes the skin healthy in numerous ways. Let’s look at some of the numerous benefits for the skin.
1. An ideal hydrating magnet: Glycerin is a hygroscopic substance and it has enhanced hydrating and moisturizing properties. It helps attract water content from the environment and transfers it to the skin’s surface. This makes the facial skin cells hydrated for extended periods.
Glycerin also assists in drawing out water content from deeper layers of the skin to the outer layers. As a result, it helps keep the skin smooth, tender, and healthy.
2. An amazing shielding agent: Glycerin is quite effective at protecting the skin and scalp from environmental aggressors like destructive bacteria, ecological damage, UV rays, and other harmful elements. These harmful substances can make your skin age before time. Applying glycerol to the skin binds the local cells to moisture so they stay together without being much affected by environmental changes.
Did you know? Glycerin creates a physical barrier on the skin cells that attracts moisture and keeps out toxins.
3. Helps improve the skin’s texture: Glycerin is quite helpful in restoring the pH levels of the skin and balancing it out. Its regular application can help you reduce moisture loss. It thus makes your skin glowing, supple, and healthy always.
4. A unique anti-aging warrior: Glycerin is a perfect humectant that helps even the skin. Dry and dehydrated skin often results in the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging. A continuous supply of water content makes the skin hydrated and plump, that’ll treat fewer signs of aging.
Tip: If you’re looking for a natural solution to treat your blemishes and pigmentation, you can try Mamaearth Bye Bye Blemishes Face Cream. It is enriched with the goodness of Mulberry Extract, Daisy Flower Extract, Licorice Extract, Glycerin, and Vitamin C. It is a non-greasy formula that helps with spot correction and prevents premature signs of premature aging. The best thing is that it works for all skin types.
5. Excellent skincare essential: Prolonged exposure to UV rays can harm the skin barrier and affect collagen levels. Using glycerin for your skin can be a good idea because it supplies the skin with essential compounds, vitamins, and minerals. This helps keep the skin intact and enhances resilience, giving you a youthful look.
6. The ideal unclogging wizard: Naturally loaded with moisturizing properties, glycerin is a non-comedogenic natural product that does not clog the skin, which has the chance to cause breakouts. It does not make your skin oily and lends a healthy glow by preventing or treating acne.
7. A perfect skin exfoliator: Besides being a perfect humectant, glycerin is good for your skin as it breaks dead skin cells into smaller parts. As a result, it helps in easier elimination from the skin and promotes the growth of new cells. This helps make the skin healthier, clearer, and glowing.
8. A natural healer: Glycerin, when applied to wounds, can help them heal faster. It protects the wound by forming a moisture barrier that helps keep the affected area and protects it from infections.
9. Incredible lip healing agent: Prolonged exposure to extreme environments writes off our lips’ moisture levels, making them dry and chapped. Glycerin is full of hydrating properties, making lips soft and hydrated.
10. A skin penetration enabler: Applying the Glycerin on the skin enables smooth application and penetration of other products into the skin’s uppermost layers. One doesn’t have to rub the product forcefully on the skin.
Glycerin and the Different Skin Types
Glycerin is a natural humectant that serves all types of skin. Our skin is enriched with a natural moisturizing factor (NMF) that depletes as we age. Many factors are responsible for depleting moisturizing factors, affecting every skin type differently. So let’s discuss them below:
– Glycerin for dry skin:
Insanely known as a perfect skin-reviving ingredient for dry skin, it keeps its surface hydrated, smooth, and supple. It is a natural humectant that can treat dry, dull, and dead skin with regular application. Also, it protects the skin from further environmental damage.
– Glycerin for oily skin:
Glycerin is a non-comedogenic natural ingredient that does not clog the pores while moisturizing the skin. The glycerin is good for oily skin as it quickly penetrates the pores and moisturizes the local skin cells.
– Glycerin for sensitive skin:
You can trust this time-tested ingredient as our mothers and grandmothers have used it for years. It is a non-allergenic and fragrance-free ingredient used in the cosmetic and beauty world for quite a long time.
How can you utilize glycerin for your skin daily?
There are different ways in which glycerin can be utilized. It is extracted in raw form and possesses hydrating properties, which can be mixed with your regular skin care products. Also, you can use it to prepare home-based formulations. Here’s how you can use glycerin in various forms.
1. As an After-Wash: Applying glycerin after washing your face with a natural face wash can help you get a glowing and cleansed face. It would be best to pat dry your face a little, ensuring it is not completely dry. Then, apply a few drops of glycerin on a cotton ball and dab it all over your face, avoiding eye and mouth areas. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes.
You can pick a natural and hydrating face wash, such as Mamaearth Honey Malai Face Wash. It is backed with the goodness of Malai and Honey. It assists in gently cleansing the skin, imparting a natural glow.
2. As a Face Toner: Toning should be a part of your regular skincare routine for achieving good and healthy skin. With the help of home-based face toner, you can deeply cleanse your skin’s layers and maintain the skin’s pH balance. Then, mix rosewater with glycerin and make the skin healthy again by spritzing the solution all over the face.
3. As a Facial Scrub: Glycerin acts as a natural exfoliator, right? So, applying raw glycerin to your face can help you eliminate excess dirt, impurities, oil, and other environmental aggressors. You can also use natural face scrubs from a completely safe brand for the skin.
4. As an Anti-Aging Face Mask: We always back up facial masks as they can deliver essential nutrients to the skin, making them healthy. However, regularly applying a Glycerin-based face mask will assist you in making your skin healthy and glowing once again.
5. As a Moisturizer: As a natural humectant, glycerin is a perfect face moisturizer for every skin type. Glycerin is good for the skin as it keeps it hydrated for a long time, fades off wrinkles and fine lines, and imparts a youthful look.
4 Homemade glycerin face masks for healthy & glowing skin
When mixed with other natural ingredients, glycerin makes effective and natural face masks. Be it dry skin or oily skin, applying homemade glycerin-based face masks are a sure-shot way of achieving soft, supple, and lustrous skin in the comfort of your home.
Let us look at some of the formulations:
1. Neem Face Mask: It is one of the best face masks for oily acne-prone skin, as glycerin is good for oily skin and can be easily mixed with Neem. Mix neem powder with it to make the paste, and apply it on the skin.
Tip: Glycerin will boost the antibacterial benefits of Neem while keeping it moisturized, smooth, and supple. The latter has enhanced antibacterial properties that keep the pimple-causing bacteria at bay.
2. Aloe Vera Face Mask: Mixing 2-3 fresh aloe vera leaves with 2-3 spoons of glycerin is another face that can make your skin youthful and glowing. Wash it off with mild or cold tap water.
3. Honey Face Mask: You can effectively try a glycerin and honey face mask to achieve smooth skin and glow. Mixing glycerin and honey in equal proportions and applying it to your face imparts a natural glow and shines on your face. Wash the face mask after 20 minutes with cold water. It is a perfect face mask for dry skin.
4. Glycerin Face Mask: If you want to reap the anti-aging benefits of glycerin, mix it with 2 Vitamin E capsules. Cut the capsules, and mix the Vitamin E oil and glycerin to create your anti-aging face mask. Apply the face mask to your face and wash it after half an hour. This mask can nourish your skin and help tackle fine lines easily.
Summing it up!
When it comes to finding a perfect emollient, glycerin can be a good choice owing to its variety of benefits that prevent serious skin conditions and keep the skin naturally healthy. In addition, glycerin is good for oily skin as it can improve oily skin conditions and keeps acne at bay.
We advise you to opt for a skincare brand that is home-grown and natural such as ours. We are Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified Brand that formulates products with natural ingredients and helps in getting clean & clear skin. Also, we love spreading the Goodness of Nature through our environment-friendly sustainability actions. We recycle more plastic than we consume, thus reducing the carbon footprint on the planet.
- How is glycerin good for your skin?
While glycerin can enhance the skin’s overall health, it alone cannot whiten or lighten it. Mixing rosewater and glycerin will be the perfect remedy to whiten your skin or treat hyperpigmentation.
- Does glycerin remove tan?
Glycerin works as a proven detan solution that helps restore the tanned skin to its natural skin tone by removing impurities clogged in the pores and lightening your skin tone.
- Does glycerin remove dark circles?
Yes, applying glycerin as an under-eye cream at night assists in getting rid of dark circles under the eyes and makes the skin fresh and smooth.
|Popular Search Terms|
how to make hair soft and silky, how to remove pigmentation from face permanently at home, what causes dark spots on face, why pigmentation comes on face, Skin Tones, How to get acne-free glowing skin naturally, types of makeup, simple eye makeup, pimple cream, best waterproof foundation, Is onion good for hair, what is concealer, What are stretch marks, Must have makeup products, how to detan skin, clean teeth, how to remove tan from hands and legs, how to get rid of dry skin, how to remove wrinkles under eyes, neem oil benefits, waterproof makeup