We all love skin that looks youthful and firm. And if you add the radiant glow, most of us would be elated beyond belief. Healthy, shiny, hydrated, and blemish-free skin is a boon but requires much effort to maintain. But have you wondered what causes your skin to look young? The answer is collagen.
Let us understand more about collagen and how it can benefit a skincare regime. In this article, let us read about how to increase collagen in the skin and maintain it.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is a naturally occurring protein in the skin that makes it feel firm and builds the skin’s elasticity naturally. It plays a crucial role in the structure and strength of the skin. Its higher but adequate synthesis ensures that your skin stays elastic yet firm.
But there is a glitch. The production of collagen will reduce as you grow older, owing to a slower cell-rebuilding process. This would lead to fine lines, wrinkles, and visible signs of premature aging. While growing older is not something you can control, you can work to increase collagen in the skin and maintain its levels.
How to Increase Collagen in the Skin Naturally?
There are many ways to increase collagen in the skin naturally. Let us look at some ways to do this. These listed factors can help you support collagen production and maintain collagen levels.
- Eat right: A balanced diet of nutrient-rich foods packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, and amino acids can help support collagen production. The right grade of nutrition is central to your cell-rebuilding process.
- Hydrate adequately: Drink plenty of water to maintain optimal skin hydration, as dehydration can affect collagen levels and skin elasticity. If you think you can’t drink three or four liters of plain water a day, try mixing some glucose in it.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Your lifestyle greatly affects collagen production. So, it is best if you can avoid smoking or consuming alcohol in excess. Also, get adequate sleep, try to curb stress levels, and get some exercise regularly.
- Follow a skincare regime: You should include topical products with ingredients like retinol, peptides, and vitamin C that stimulate collagen synthesis and improve the appearance of your skin. And don’t forget to apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or more.
- Apply sunscreen: Environmental stressors and harmful UV rays can wreak havoc on the skin. So, limit prolonged exposure to the sun rays and apply sunscreen if you have to step outdoors. This is more important during the summer and rainy season.
Collagen Boosting Regime in Skincare
Let us guess. The question in your mind would be, “If I increase collagen in the skin, what skincare products should I use?” Well, we have the answers!
To increase collagen in the skin and maintain balance, Mamaearth has launched a complete skincare regime that can help improve collagen levels in the skin. From a face wash to a face mask, we have you covered! Let’s explore these.
- In your cleansing regime, you must start with a face wash. Our Green Tea Face Wash with collagen helps to cleanse the skin and remove all impurities deeply. Green tea helps to fight free radical damage. Collagen boosts skin hydration and promotes elasticity. Niacinamide helps to reduce dark spots and acne marks, while Salicylic Acid gently exfoliates the skin to unclog pores.
- Settle your skin with a generous spritz of our Green Tea Toner that will prepare your skin for the other products you will use on the skin. This toxin-free face toner will help maintain the skin’s pH balance and tighten open pores.
- Next, use the Green Tea Oil-Free Moisturizer. It helps to keep your skin feeling soft and supple without making it feel sticky or oily. This safe and gentle face moisturizer boosts the skin’s hydration which makes it look firm and youthful.
- Next, you can use our Green Tea Serum Gel or a Green Tea Day Cream for an added boost of nourishment to your skin. Aloe vera in the face serum helps to soothe inflamed skin, while niacinamide in the face gel can help fade dark spots and acne marks.
- For the night, use the Green Tea Sleeping Mask to pamper your skin as you catch up on your beauty sleep. Black oats in this sleeping mask lock in moisture for long hours, and you wake up to rejuvenated skin. Collagen strengthens the skin’s barrier and helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- The Green Tea Night Cream with its creamy texture, can provide intense hydration to the skin. The citric acid in the night cream helps to combat bacteria that cause breakouts and acne. Yarrow Extracts soothe and nourish skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- On a weekly regime, use the Green Tea Scrub that gently exfoliates the skin to reveal new skin underneath. We recommend using this safe and gentle face scrub twice a week for the best results.
- Don’t forget that your eyes need care too. To reduce the intensity of dark circles under your eyes and reduce puffiness, use the newly launched Green Tea Eye Under-Eye Patches that instantly relieve tired eyes. These patches are safe for everyday use too.
We may not rebuild collagen naturally so increasing it linearly is the only sane way out. It might seem a bit difficult initially, but it is completely doable and can help you have the best skincare experience. Following the regimen mentioned above can help slow down the advent of wrinkles, dark spots, and other forms of blemishes. The trick is to stay consistent with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is collagen in the skin?
Collagen is a protein that plays a crucial role in the structure and strength of the skin. It provides the support that makes your skin look firm and maintains its elasticity. Collagen in skin care is what makes your skin look youthful.
- What happens when the collagen reduces?
As you grow older, collagen production decreases naturally, leading to skin aging, wrinkles, and loss of elasticity. It also makes you less attractive because your skin starts becoming saggy and riddled with blemishes.
- Does collagen lighten skin?
No, collagen does not lighten the skin. Collagen is primarily responsible for the skin’s firmness and elasticity. Factors like melanin determine skin color.
- Can collagen give glowing skin?
Collagen helps to maintain skin health. With healthy skin, you are likely to have a natural glow and radiance to your skin.
- How can I increase collagen in the skin naturally?
You can increase collagen in the skin naturally by including leafy veggies, fruits, and foods rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. Using collagen-boosting products in your skincare regime can also help to boost collagen naturally.
- Can you rebuild collagen in the skin?
You cannot rebuild collagen in your skin. Still, a natural way to increase collagen in the skin is to follow supporting factors like eating right, getting adequate sleep, following the proper lifestyle, and using collagen-boosting skincare products to help you get firmer skin.
|Popular Search Terms|
eucalyptus oil benefits, virgin coconut oil, virgin olive oil, cetyl alcohol, wheat germ oil, glycolic acid, uses of citric acid, sodium hyaluronate, rosehip extract, carrot seed oil, green tea extracts, zinc oxide, kaolin clay, bentonite clay, nymphaea alba, squalane, emollients, emulsifiers, humectants, sebum, calendula flower, chamomile, l-ascorbic acid , how to face skin tight , layers of skin , how to make your skin glow naturally at home , how to treat skin at home , sodium lauroyl sarcosinate for hair, how to get glass skin, how to have clear skin , how to brighten skin, skin caring tips, how i know my skin type, What does niacinamide do for your skin, what is skin pigmentation,