In India, summer is mostly hot, dry, and humid weather. It makes your skin produce more oil, sweat and attracts dirt even more due to the humidity in the environment. But at the same time, hot weather can leave your skin dry. According to the American Skin Association, the scorching heat of the sun and low humidity can affect the skin’s pH balance. Your skin may constantly be moisturized to treat dry skin on the face.
We understand how overwhelming it is for you to get rid of dryness due to the impact of sun exposure. So, this article will unfold common mistakes one should avoid when treating dry skin in summer. Also, we have recommended a few of our best sellers that may help you beat the signs of sun damage on your skin. Let’s get started.
What Causes Dry Skin on The Face?
Here are some causes for dry skin patches on the face:-
- Exposure to extreme hot or cold weather
- Using harsh formulations on the skin
- Medical conditions such as hypothyroidism, dermatitis, and eczema
Mistakes to Avoid when Taking Care of Dry Skin
Let’s take a look at some of the most common mistakes that cause extremely dry skin on the face:-
- Using hot water: Hot water can dry your skin even more by disrupting the pH balance and stripping essential natural oils. It also opens up the pores and unclogs dust. But since it is not good for dry skin, you should prefer lukewarm water when showering.
- Skipping Moisturizer: A face moisturizer locks in essential nutrients to the skin and creates a protective barrier against environmental stressors. So even if it is summer, skipping a moisturizer is not a good idea for your skin type.
- Over-exfoliating: Exfoliation is necessary to remove dry skin flakes on the face. But over-exfoliation can be tricky, particularly if you have dry skin. It might hurt your skin’s barrier and cause irritation. It’s best to exfoliate your skin using a gentle face scrub not more than twice weekly.
- Using toxins-enriched skincare products: Sometimes, using formulations not meant for your unique skin type can cause itchiness or dryness. For instance, alcohol-based toners can be harsh, so it is best to avoid them. Instead, we recommend using face toners that contain hydrating agents like glycerin.
Recommendation: We recommend you try Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Toner featuring Vitamin C, Cucumber, Aloe Vera Extract, and Witch Hazel. It helps in tightening open & accelerating hydration levels in the skin. It helps calm skin sensitivity and maintain the pH levels of the skin.
- Not using sunscreen: An SPF is important to ensure your skin remains protected against the damaging effects of UV rays. Sometimes, not using SPF on cloudy or overcast days can severely damage your skin’s hydration levels.
Tip: If you experience irritation or dryness due to sun damage, use aloe vera face gel to soothe and calm the affected area.
Mamaearth Recommendations: Vitamin C Range for Healthy Skin
Vitamin C is highly potent when treating various skin conditions, including irritation. It is also known as ascorbic acid, a water-soluble nutrient that keeps your skin healthy. So, if you are curious about Vitamin C products to include in your skincare, this is a guide for you:-
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Wash
A dollop of Vitamin C Face Wash lets your skin feel refreshed. Mamaearth Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash features Vitamin C, Turmeric, Aloe Vera, and Cucumber. It helps to rejuvenate your skin and provide nourishment. It brightens your skin tone and has acne-preventing properties. Plus, it comes with a built-in brush that promotes gentle cleansing.
Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Wash
When to use: Use it in your morning and night skincare routine for best results.
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil –Free Face Moisturizer
This non-comedogenic face moisturizer won’t clog your pores. Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Moisturizer is needed this summer to prevent skin dryness. It is a lightweight formulation that boosts hydration levels, ensuring your skin gets the love it deserves. Curated for Indian weather, it creates a protective layer and protects the skin against harsh UV rays.
Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Moisturizer
When to use: Use it in your morning skincare routine for best results.
- Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Mask
Facial masks are essential during summer. They help hydrate the skin and improve the texture. Mamaearth Vitamin C Sleeping Mask features Vitamin C and Aloe Vera that work overnight to repair skin, leading to a youthful appearance. It works on signs of aging and replenishes lost radiance.
Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Mask
When to use: Use it in your nighttime skincare routine.
In addition to the above skincare products, you can use Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Cream in your nighttime skincare routine.
Dry skin can be difficult to manage in summer, but you can improve its health with the right care guide. Although there are many reasons why skin becomes dry in summer, sometimes hormonal changes can also contribute to dry or flaky skin. So following a skincare routine and avoiding these common mistakes, as mentioned above, can help you get glowing skin in the summer.
- How to treat dry skin on the face?
To address dry skin concerns, paying attention to your skin’s hydration levels is important. We recommend using a non-toxic skincare range specifically formulated for dry skin types. In skin care products, you can look for ingredients like glycerin, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, ceramides, and shea butter. Following a CTM routine is highly recommended to preserve your skin’s essential oils.
- What to do with dry skin on your face?
If you have dry skin, make sure to moisturize your skin twice daily with an ultra-hydrating moisturizer. Avoid products with harsh chemicals or toxins to keep your skin’s protective barrier intact. Instead, you can use mild and gentle formulations to boost hydration and preserve essential oils on the skin’s surface.
- How can I hydrate my face naturally?
To naturally hydrate your skin, skin care experts recommend drinking at least 7 to 8 glasses of water daily. Consumption of alcohol and caffeine can also disturb your body’s hydration levels, impacting your skin’s health. Additionally, use only mild and gentle formulations on your skin so that they won’t cause any sensitivity or irritation.
- Is dry skin on your face normal?
Yes, some people have dry skin throughout their life. However, taking care of your skin with the right products and formulations to prevent irritation or inflammation becomes necessary.
|People Also Searched This|
allantonin, xanthan gum, grapeseed oil, eucalyptus oil benefits, virgin coconut oil, virgin olive oil, cetyl alcohol, wheat germ oil, glycolic acid, uses of citric acid, sodium hyaluronate, rosehip extract, carrot seed oil, green tea extracts, zinc oxide, kaolin clay, bentonite clay, nymphaea alba, squalane, emollients, emulsifiers, humectants, sebum, calendula flower, chamomile, l-ascorbic acid , how to face skin tight , layers of skin , how to make your skin glow naturally at home