Did you know that there are three layers of skin? And when you think of it, skincare involves just a few steps! However, with the proper skincare regime in place, you can protect the topmost layers of skin from environmental pollutants and keep it glowing. We shall also discuss what skincare products you can use every day for the best experience.
What are the layers of skin in order?
There are three layers of skin on the face. The skin layers in order are:
- The outer layer is on the surface, which helps protect the face. It is known as the epidermis.
- The middle layer supports the skin, which contains blood vessels, nerves, and hair follicles. It is known as the dermis.
- The last layer of the skin, known as the inner layer, comprises fat cells that act as a cushion for the face. It is known as the hypodermis.
While there are 7 top layers of skin in order as viewed under a microscope. However, they are usually of academic significance and are not considered for home-based regimens. In this blog, we will discuss only the topmost layer of the skin.
What skincare products can I use in a regime for glowing skin?
Let’s start with understanding what a skincare regime should include. Skincare experts recommend the CTMS (Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize, Sunscreen) routine as the first step in a skincare routine. They also recommend a weekly routine for additional skincare that we will explore in the article.
Let’s start with the basics.
For the daily routine, it is essential that you follow the CTMS routine, only omitting the sunscreen from the PM routine. This will help you nourish the topmost layers in the skin (called the epidermis).
- Start by cleansing your skin with a gentle face wash. You can choose one according to your skin type. We offer a wide range of safe and gentle face washes made of natural ingredients. These face washes are available in gel-based, foam-based, and cream-based formats.
- You’ll need a face toner to settle your skin. It would also help tighten open pores and balance the skin’s pH. We offer a wide range of toxin-free toners that help prepare your skin for products you might apply next.
- Based on your skin type, you can use face cream, face gel, face moisturizer, or face serum to nourish and hydrate your skin.
Mamaearth Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash
Tip: If you have dry skin, you can opt for a face cream because that is best suited for dry skin. Similarly, oily skin needs a gel-based face moisturizer. For normal skin, you can use a moisturizer or a face serum.
For weekly use
These skincare products are best used weekly because excess scrubbing and applying a mask can do more harm than heal your skin. So, ensure that you use them as and when required. Following such a regimen could help remove dust and grime from the topmost layers of skin in the human body.
- No more dead skin when you scrub
Use a mild scrub for your face. Never use the body scrub for your face as it serves a different purpose and is not meant for the facial skin. Face scrubs are very mild in comparison to body scrubs. However, they both help reveal the new skin underneath.
Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Scrub
Tip: We recommend you opt for a face scrub as per the condition you wish to treat. For e.g., you may opt for Vitamin C Face Scrub to brighten your skin and unveil a natural glow.
- Mask up once a week
Apply a face mask once a week to pamper yourself with a spa-like treatment at home. It provides deeper nourishment for the skin by drawing out toxins and impurities. Face masks are packed with hydrating butters and clays that tighten and hydrate your skin.
- Facial at home once a month
Once a month, you can indulge in a facial in your home. Mamaearth has two variants of facial kits – Ubtan and Vitamin C—which consists of a six-step face care routine to pamper your skin and leave it feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Get salon-like skin in the comfort of your home.
Mamaearth Vitamin C Facial Kit
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many layers of skin are in a human body?
The human skin has three main layers. The layers in the skin are the outermost layer, the epidermis, a protective shield for our body. Beneath the epidermis is the dermis, which is a strong support system for the skin. The deepest layer of the skin is called the hypodermis, and it is mainly made up of fat cells and acts as a cushion for our body.
- How many layers of skin are there?
There are three main layers in human skin. they start with the outermost layer, also known as the epidermis. The layer beneath the epidermis is called the dermis. The last and deepest layer of the skin is called the hypodermis.
- How many layers are in the face skin?
There are three layers of skin on the face. The skin layers in order are the outer layer on the surface, which helps protect the face. The middle layer supports the skin, which contains blood vessels, nerves, and hair follicles. The last layer of the skin, known as the inner layer, comprises fat cells that act as a cushion for the face.
|Popular Search Terms|
titanium dioxide, propylene glycol, allantonin, xanthan gum, grapeseed oil, eucalyptus oil benefits, virgin coconut oil, virgin olive oil, cetyl alcohol, wheat germ oil, glycolic acid, uses of citric acid, sodium hyaluronate, rosehip extract, carrot seed oil, green tea extracts, zinc oxide, kaolin clay, bentonite clay, nymphaea alba, squalane, emollients, emulsifiers, humectants, sebum, calendula flower, chamomile, l-ascorbic acid , how to face skin tight