Long or short, wavy, or straight – no one wishes to have a bad hair day, irrespective of hair length, type, or texture. But hair troubles often come unannounced, making it hard to put your best foot forward. But do you know about the benefits of ginger for hair? This potent ingredient from the kitchen can make your hair the way you want it to look. Meeting dream hair goals couldn’t be any easier if it weren’t for this nature’s wizard.
As our lifestyle becomes more dynamic, we become more negligent towards ourselves. Trying to make ends meet, we often forget to sit back and unwind. As a result, our health is affected, and the after-effects are pretty visible. From hair loss to premature graying, we pay the price to stay ahead in the race.
What is Ginger?
Ginger is a flowering plant whose root has medicinal properties. It is used as a spice in various regions of the world. It does not grow in the wild and is an herbaceous perennial. It is cultivated in humid and tropical regions, and India is its largest producer.
History says that Indians and Chinese have believed in producing ginger as a tonic root for more than five thousand years as a medicinal ailment. It originated in Maritime Southeast Asia. Ayurveda describes it as a ‘Universal Medicine’ that has been used diversely for several treatments.
However, as spicy as this magical stem is, it has a certain sweetness and warmth. For instance, ginger juice, when combined with honey, works wonders in treating colds and coughs. It reduces blockage and clears the nose while giving much-needed warmth to the body.
Hair Care @ Home: a Followed, Yet Forgotten Concept
Today, we rarely find anyone depending on following the traditional routes for maintaining healthy hair. Everyone has dynamic needs, little patience, and an instant desire to achieve their hair goals. The traditionality of hair care depends on our mothers and grandmothers worrying about our hair. They ask us to apply homemade packs when on a long vacation and need good self-care activities.
A good hair care routine can always stay in style. It may take your time, effort, and devoted attention, but it yields concrete results once you do. Your hair hygiene depends on how clean and nourished your tresses and scalp are. Let’s see what an ideal skincare routine should look like.
Step 1: An oil massage – This one traces its legacy to historic times. Women would apply naturally extracted oil or a combination of oils to make their hair look naturally healthy and beautiful. Massaging your hair and scalp with a good hair growth oil gives your tresses the necessary nourishment.
If you have extremely dry hair or scalp, apply oil, and leave it overnight. However, massaging your scalp with good hair oil a few hours before washing is sufficient to nourish them. If you face hair fall or extreme hair loss, using a credible ginger oil for hair may also effectively reduce it.
Step 2: A hair wash – As important as nourishment can be for your hair, so is cleansing it regularly. During medieval times, women would wash their hair using curd or any nourishing ingredient that gave it a nice shine and bounce. Maintaining hygiene is important in taking care of your hair and scalp.
A good hair shampoo that maintains the pH balance of your scalp cleanses it effectively, and nourishes your hair with natural ingredients works well. In addition, it would help remove dirt, grease, and other impurities that make your scalp oily and dirty. Maintaining its health also helps reduce hair troubles and increase its volume.
Step 3: Deep hair conditioning – Once the cleansing process is over, your hair is weak and vulnerable to the external environment. Conditioning using a hair conditioner is an important step in every hair care routine to combat the harmful effects of external aggressors. It helps shield the strands from the harmful effects of UV rays and protects their external barrier.
Conditioning your hair offers a soft, smooth, and healthy touch. In addition, it makes your hair more manageable and frizz-free. A natural, non-comedogenic shampoo and conditioner duo can help reduce hair thinning, roughness, and unhealthy appearance.
Step 4: Apply hair serum – A potion that gives your hair a nice bouncy and voluminous look is known as the hair serum. It is a liquid, watery-textured beauty that shows its effect on your hair’s appearance in just a few drops. It also helps reduce tangles and frizz and gives your tresses a healthy sheen.
It absorbs within the strands quite well and makes them look more manageable and beautiful effortlessly. Every time you wash your hair, apply the final coat of hair serum before you step out and see how your strands feel bouncy.
Also, apart from these major steps, sometimes using a good hair mask seems more important. It helps to restore your hair’s natural nutrients in the quickest possible time and makes it look naturally healthy and beautiful. It should be used at least twice weekly to attain your desired results.
Get Long and Healthy Hair with Mamaearth’s Bestsellers
At Mamaearth, we make it a point to deliver our best to you in every possible manner. Our exclusive haircare and skincare products are crafted to give you the best of both worlds. With traditional ingredients and the benefits of modern-day science, we strive to offer you nourishing hair care essentials. Let’s look at them together:
1. Mamaearth Lemon Anti-Dandruff Shampoo: When life gives you lemons, use them to beautify your hair. Mamaearth Lemon Anti-Dandruff Hair Shampoo is formulated with key goodness from Lemon, Ginger, and Zinc Pyrithione. It works to keep your hair dandruff-free and prevents its recurrence.
It is a natural hair cleanser that helps soothe dry and itchy scalp. This toxin-free hair shampoo possesses antibacterial and antifungal properties to keep your hair free from irritation with the best of nature. Our best anti dandruff shampoo range has no toxins and is MadeSafe Certified.
2. Mamaearth Lemon Anti-Dandruff Conditioner: Too tired of DIY? Get the goodness of lemon for your hair. Mamaearth Lemon Anti-Dandruff Hair Conditioner is an excellent hair care product that naturally keeps your hair happy, healthy, and frizz-free. It is super easy to use and should be applied to your tresses after rinsing.
Crafted with the amazing goodness of Lemon, Ginger, Coconut Oil, and Zinc Pyrithione, it keeps your hair smooth and soft all day long. It helps in preventing breakage and giving lustrous hair. It has no harmful toxins and is MadeSafe Certified.
5 Benefits of Using Ginger for Home-based Hair Care
Hair care experts agree that using ginger is good for hair care. Besides being used in our hair care range, Ayurveda speaks highly of this incredible stem in all terms. Here are some underlying ginger benefits of hair that we will uncover:
- Promotes healthy hair: Are you facing poor hair health problems? Ginger helps in enhancing blood circulation to the scalp. It stimulates hair growth and improves the health of your hair follicles. It provides them with strength and nourishment like no other ingredient.
- No more hair loss: Hair thinning or even hair loss can be treated well with ginger. It contains various nutrients, vitamins, and minerals essential for growth and strengthens your hair. So, if you are facing hair fall, try lemon in your hair care.
- Relief from irritation: Itchiness and irritation in the scalp can make you go crazy once it begins. You should try ginger to soothe and keep your scalp free from such bothering situations. It helps restore health and gives your scalp a refreshing feeling.
- Heals from dandruff: Do not worry anymore about the little pearls falling out of your hair strands because ginger works wonders toward eliminating dandruff. It has amazing antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that naturally purify your scalp and prevent dandruff’s reappearance naturally.
- Prevents premature graying: While premature hair graying can be for various reasons, you can always reverse it. Ginger comes with a variety of antioxidants essential for hair growth and can delay premature graying. It also helps increase your tresses’ natural color or pigment and gives them a glossy appearance.
How to Use Ginger for Hair?
There are too many ways to apply ginger to your hair and scalp. However, as they say, ‘not all roads lead to Rome’; the same goes for this ingredient. Not every method you use will be right for achieving your hair goals on time.
So, here are some smart and proven ways in which you can achieve your hair care goals using ginger for hair:
1. Ginger juice: Applying raw ginger juice to your scalp can boost hair growth and volume. Research shows that consistent use of ginger juice at least twice a week can stimulate hair cells. However, using it on a sensitive scalp can sometimes cause a burning sensation, so we suggest using coconut or any other oil to avoid irritation.
This extract can also help improve blood circulation in your scalp and balance its pH naturally. Blending ginger or using a muslin cloth can help in extracting this liquid. It can also be used with other natural and potent ingredients like lemon juice, Castor Oil, to increase its efficacy.
2. Ginger-based hair care products: If you don’t have the time to work on hair packs that are time-taking, we recommend using ginger-based hair products regularly. They help treat various problems and give your hair a nice and healthy look.
As mentioned above, our Lemon Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner combines cleanliness and intense nourishment with gentle care. In addition, they are both MadeSafe Certified, not tested on animals, and completely devoid of toxins and artificial ingredients.
3. Ginger oil: You can either create it yourself or use the ones already available in the market. It nourishes your scalp and ensures your hair is free from dandruff, itchiness, irritation, etc. It also promotes healthy hair growth and can be used regularly before a hair wash.
4. Ginger hair masks: These days, customizations are available for everything. Using a hair mask with ginger extract and other natural ingredients may help restore your hair’s health and promote healthy growth. However, you should choose choices that nourish your strands with every application.
Ginger hair masks to prepare at home using other natural ingredients:
5. Dandruff: If your main cause is eliminating dandruff from your scalp, here are some of the major ingredients you need. They are ginger juice, peppermint, lemon juice, and coconut Oil. Mix equal portions of these ingredients and apply them directly to your scalp. Keep it for at least two hours, and wash it off with a mild hair cleanser. Use this hair mask consistently to ensure a clean and healthy scalp. As new parents check out our baby dandruff shampoo, if you are really worried about dandruff.
6. Growth: If you are seeking accelerated hair growth, you may try making this hair mask for yourself every week. Its ingredients include ginger juice or ginger powder and Jojoba Oil. Mix equal portions of both (preferably one tablespoon) and massage on your scalp in circular motions. Rinse off after thirty minutes of application.
Ginger may be a stem but it has more health benefits than many other plants. It fulfills your hair care regimen by offering the right nourishment and care it needs. Ginger for hair has more to it than what meets the eye.
These natural hair masks and hair care products are the traditional routes to achieving long-lasting hair care without harming its health. Just like tea without the essence of ginger feels incomplete, so does hair care. Being the powerhouse of antioxidants, essential vitamins, and minerals, it is worth giving a shot at for everything it comes with. check out this best anti hairfall shampoo for improved hair growth.
- What does ginger do for your hair?
Ginger has tremendous healing properties for hair care. It helps enrich the hair and scalp with vital antioxidants, nutrients, and vitamins and promotes hair growth. It also reduces hair loss and prevents premature graying of hair. Being rich in antimicrobial and antifungal properties, it keeps dandruff, itchiness, and scalp irritation at bay.
- How is ginger useful for hair?
Applying raw ginger juice to your scalp can boost hair growth and volume. Research shows that consistent use of ginger juice at least twice a week can stimulate hair cells. However, using it on a sensitive scalp can sometimes cause a burning sensation, so we suggest using coconut or any other oil to avoid irritation.
|Popular Search Terms|
remove dark spots caused by pimples naturally, do stretch marks go away, what is biotin, how to Use eyeliner, when to apply sunscreen,how to stop hair growth on body permanently what is deodorant, Moisturizer for summer, Summer body lotion, oily skin face wash, cleanser vs face wash, Cleanser for Oily Skin, cleanser for dry skin, clear skin cream, best anti dandruff oil, dry skin moisturizer, anti aging cream, combination skin moisturizer, sensitive skin face wash, anti aging face wash, anti aging serum, serum for dry skin, wavy hair, layered hair, types of hair, curd for hair, lemon for Hair, Grey hair oil, Best hair oil for hair growth, How to use tea tree oil for dandruff, hair oil for dry hair, best hair growth oil for women