If you have been carrying a setting powder or a blotting sheet for your oily T-zone, you already know the type of skin you have. However, we feel the struggle one can have with oily skin, and with the onset of summer, it can become more irritating than ever. Removing every trace of dirt, grime, sweat, and makeup with the natural cleanser for oily skin allows the skin to breathe, repair, and replenish itself.
As skincare concerns are rising daily, brands have also started trusting grandma’s time-tested recipes (popularly known as ‘Dadi ke Nuskhe’). So whether you’re handling dull, blotchy, or dehydrated skin or the ones that are clogged with excess sebum, some of the natural-based gentle cleansers for oily skin will help you kick-start the summer perfectly. Infused with the goodness of ubtan, tea tree, bhringraj, amla, vitamin C, and much more, these ingredients have become increasingly popular as they’re quite effective.
That greasy look doesn’t get off easy, right? Even after cleansing your skin thoroughly, the oil starts to appear on the skin within no time. Oily skin is one of the most common skin types, and one has to deal with some serious challenges as it not only clogs pores but also causes acne and various skin care issues. As the first part of any skincare ritual is cleansing, it is important to solve the mystery of oily skin before we tend to figure out moisturizers on face masks.
Let’s get started with how you can deal with oily skin confidently.
Smart Tip: Worried about acne marks and excess sebum? Try our Oil-Free Face Wash. Enriched with ACV and Salicylic Acid, it helps eliminates grime and dirt for a healthy glow
Decoding Oily Skin
Oily skin is a common dermatological concern in which people experience oily and greasy skin. Oily skin results from overly active sebaceous glands that produce too much sebum, which builds up the oily substance on people’s skin.
Everyone’s skin produces some amount of oil, known as sebum. But some people could be worse affected by climate change, hormonal imbalance, and variation in genetics or lifestyle factors. Another way to determine your oily skin type is the skin’s shiny appearance and greasy feel.
If you’re wondering what we would provide solutions to eliminate oily skin, you could have gotten the wrong impression. When discussing the benefits of having oily skin, there are many such as keeping skin moisturized and free from dryness.
However, the best trick to control sebum production is using the best cleanser for oily skin daily and creating a skincare routine that minimizes your oil levels, giving you a bright & fresh complexion all day.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Oily Skin
Let’s learn about some of the benefits of oily skin first.
1. Oily skin is much thicker and smoother: Oil produced by sebaceous glands helps keep the skin smooth by moisturizing the skin. People with overly active sebaceous glands do not experience dryness, but the oil should be controlled by regularly washing with an effective cleanser for oily skin. In addition, oil produced by sebaceous glands makes your skin more resilient and thickens the inner skin layer.
2. Shields the skin: By forming a natural protective layer on the skin, sebum assists in blocking out harmful environmental elements, such as pollution, dirt, UV rays, and much more from harming the skin. It acts as a natural sunscreen.
3. Slows down signs of aging: That doesn’t mean you don’t need any moisturizing creams. Compared to people with dry skin, you’ll need less moisturizing products as most of the work will be done by sebaceous glands. In addition, it helps in warding off fine lines and wrinkles. But still, you’ll need an oil-free light moisturizer for your skin.
4. Gives a youthful glow: People with oily skin always have a naturally radiant glow on their faces. Also, it assists in setting up your makeup perfectly by saving from getting it uneven or cracked, like with dry skin.
Now, let’s learn about some of the drawbacks of oily skin.
1. Clogs your skin pores: This can be one of the biggest problems when dealing with oily skin, resulting in serious signs of aging. This is because excessive sebum, along with dirt, grime, and pollution, clogs skin pores, resulting in not letting them breathe. But, if you follow a healthy skincare routine and wash your face with the best cleanser for oily skin twice or thrice daily, you wouldn’t clog your skin pores.
Suppose you’re searching for the perfect cleanser to unclog your skin pores. In that case, we advise you to pick Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash. Loaded with activated charcoal and coffee; it has a natural Pollution Defense Formula. It absorbs excess oil, deep cleanses pores, and promotes even skin tone. Also, it relieves irritated skin by giving it a boost of hydration.
2. Causes various skincare issues: When its pores stay blocked for a long time, the skin becomes more prone to acne breakouts, resulting in unexpected acne, blackheads, and whiteheads on the face and other body parts. Also, it causes unexpected allergies that lead to more flare-ups with your body’s natural oils and itching.
3. Leads to premature aging: When skin pores are clogged with excess oil, grime, and dirt and are burdened with UV rays, it results in premature aging as the skin traps free radicals that form age spots on the skin.
Try our Ubtan Face Wash for Tan Removal with the goodness of Turmeric & Saffron. It helps remove tan, repairs sun damage, and brightens skin.
Why is Regular Cleansing Important for Oily Skin?
Remember how we used to cry when our parents made us bathe every day? It turns out they were right. Irrespective of your skin type, washing or cleansing your skin regularly is important for leading a healthy life.
However, we’ll discuss what it does to oily skin; the main function of the cleansing is to get rid of excess dirt & oil, make up products, and let the skin breathe. Also, it preps the skin for the next steps in your skincare routine.
Now, let’s have a look at why regular cleansing is important.
Eliminates toxic build-up:
Throughout the day, our facial skin takes a lot of heavy loads of harmful environmental effects, such as bacteria, pollutants, dirt, dead skin cells, and the effects of UV rays. Regular washing removes these impurities, giving skin a youthful look and enabling the smooth application of other products.
Promotes hydration in the skin:
Regularly washing your face and body with a natural cleanser of oily skin assists in maintaining proper levels of hydration would be best if you use a moisturizer for your skin. When the skin gets clogged, it looks dehydrated and feels rough, wrinkled, and aged.
Nowadays, some facial and body cleansers contain natural ingredients that help manage the skin’s pH levels, tighten skin pores, and enable sufficient water retention.
Gives clear & youthful skin:
Excessive dirt build-up on the skin’s surface can cause blockages of skin pores that trap excess sebum, sweat, dirt, and dead skin cells. The lack of sebum on the skin allows bacteria to penetrate, leading to inflammation and acne. Conversely, proper decongesting of skin pores prevents dirt build-up, preventing signs of aging and giving you youthful skin.
How to Pick the Right Types of Cleanser for Oily Skin?
With various cleansing options in the market, picking the right one can be overwhelming. Learning about the few options could help you to figure out the right cleanser for oily skin. Let’s decode some types of oily skin.
Gel Cleansers: Gel cleansers have a thick gel-like consistency that is designed for deep cleansing. They’re quite effective at decongesting clogged pores, removing excess oil, and killing acne-causing bacteria.
Tip: If you’re looking for a hydrating face wash, pick our Mamaearth Aqua Glow Face Wash. Featuring Himalayan Thermal Water and Hyaluronic Acid, it deeply cleanses and hydrates the facial skin. Using it twice a day makes the facial skin glowing, soft, and supple.
Cream Cleansers: Cream cleansers have a thin consistency and are lush in texture compared to gel cleansers. Enriched with water content, they’re gentler on the skin and provide enough hydration to the skin. They are perfect for those who have dry and sensitive skin. They perform a gentle cleansing action on the skin.
Foam Cleansers: These foam cleansers, including gel and cream cleansers, are ideal for combination skin types. They start as cream or gel and convert into rich & foamy lather. Usually, this type of face wash comes with an in-built foaming brush for gently removing excess oil, dirt, and makeup.
Suppose you’re looking for a foaming cleanser for oily skin; check out Mamaearth Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash. Enriched with Tea Tree and Salicylic Acid. In that case, it gently cleanses the skin, removes excess oil, and provides ant oxidative, anti-inflammatory, and ant-microbial properties.
Oil Cleansers: You may consider putting more oil into oily skin. But these oil cleansers for oily skin are loaded with an oil base that assists in gently removing unnecessary build-up on the skin. So it would be best not to worry because they’ll not remove natural oils from your skin barrier.
Clay Cleansers: Famous for absorbing power, these cleansers deeply purify your skin by extracting excess oil and toxins from your pores. They are ideal for oily and combination skin. Their primary ingredients are Kaolin Clay or Charcoal, such as Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash.
Micellar Cleansers: Ideally used for removing makeup, these types of cleansers first originated in France; Micellar water is nothing but tiny oil molecules suspended in soft water that attracts oil, dirt, and makeup. They’re gentle on the skin, have an alcohol-free formula, and are quite effective at tightening skin pores.
If you’re looking for a natural makeup remover, Mamaearth Micellar Water Foaming Makeup Remover can be one of the best picks. Infused with Rose & Glycolic Acid, it helps in removing makeup instantly and keeps the skin moisturized.
Setting up a Perfect Cleansing Routine for Oily Skin
Having an oily skin is okay and much of a problem if you maintain a dedicated skincare routine for oily skin. Here are some of the ways through which you can create a dedicated skincare routine.
1. Maintaining an AM-PM Cleansing Routine: Irrespective of any skin type, cleansing is one of the most crucial steps to keep your skin clean and healthy. A cleanser in India is more important for people with oily skin as they need to cleanse oily T-zones and oily cheeks. It deeply purifies the skin but calms it, leaving it fresh & clean.
It would be best if you cleaned your face two times a day. Also, it keeps skin hydrated and reduces oil production. Suppose you’re hunting for natural face wash. In that case, you should check out Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Wash. Enriched with vitamin C & turmeric’s skin brightening properties, it evens skin tone and makes it glow naturally.
2. Scrubbing dead skin cells from the skin: Scrubbing your skin with a face scrub is a great way to eliminate dirt, grime, oil, and dead skin cells, which tend to clog pores and cause various skincare problems, such as whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, and many more. This allows the skin to breathe, tightens pores, and lends naturally radiant skin. But do not over-exfoliate your skin.
3. Toning your face is important: Toning your face is a great remedy for cleansing your skin pores deep, but it can also keep the oily skin oil-free, tighten your skin pores, and maintain your skin’s pH levels. In addition, using a face toner daily gives the skin a much-enhanced complexion and texture and makes you feel soft.
4. Pampering your Face: With a hydrating face mask, you can extract unwanted impurities from the skin and nourish your skin from within with the help of nourishing nutrients. Face masks are highly recommended for oily skin as they suck out all the excess oil and moisturize the skin.
5. Moisturizing your Face: Investing in an oil-free face moisturizer and face cream will strengthen your skin barrier and provide water for hydration. Remember to pick a non-comedogenic moisturizer that suits well on the skin and doesn’t feel heavy. Also, it provides the skin with the required glow.
Tips to Take Care of Oily Skin
- Pick the products labeled as oil-free, natural, alcohol-free, and dermatologically tested.
- Don’t forget to remove makeup daily, as it can clog your skin pores.
- Don’t wipe your face after washing it with a hydrating face cleanser for oily skin.
- Apply a natural face gel on your skin if you need mid-day hydration.
- Try not to touch your face repeatedly during the day.
- Avoid heavy makeup, foundation, or powder because they clog your skin pores.
- Don’t forget to use sunscreen during the summer months.
Mamaearth Face Cleansers for Oily Skin
Mamaearth Aloe Vera Face Wash:
Want deep cleansing and deep hydrating at once? Then, you should check out our best selling Aloe Vera Face Wash. Loaded with the help of aloe vera and ashwagandha, it removes excess sebum & grime while moisturizing your skin. In addition, it gives you a youthful look as it contains a powerhouse of antioxidants.
Mamaearth Rice Face Wash:
If you desire to achieve glass-like clearer skin, Mamaearth Rice Water Face Wash will be the perfect choice to cleanse your skin deeply. It contains the goodness of Rice Water and Niacinamide. The duo helps remove grime & grease, reduces blemishes & dark spots, and moisturizes the skin from within.
Mamaearth Oil Free Face Wash:
With the goodness of Apple Cider Vinegar & Salicylic Acid, you can now get freedom from acne and pimples. Mamaearth Oil Free Face Wash is one of the best mild cleansers for oily skin that gives naturally radiant skin by fighting pimples, cleansing the skin deeply, removing dead skin, and treating active acne instantly.
Mamaearth Retinol Face Wash:
Fall in love with your youthful and glowing skin with Mamaearth Retinol Face Wash. Made with the goodness of Retinol, Bakuchi Oil, and Oat Amino Extracts; it helps minimize signs of aging, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. Using it thrice a day makes your skin youthful and blemish-free. This toxin-free wash accelerates skin cell turnover rate, washes away impurities, and boosts collagen production.
Mamaearth Coco Face Wash:
Packed with the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging properties of cocoa and coffee, the Mamaearth Coco Face Wash lends youthful skin by tightening pores, reversing sun damage, and promoting blood flow. Also, it minimizes fine lines, wrinkles, and the visibility of scars.
Summing it Up
Having oily skin could not be a problem if you’re ready to take proper care of it. However, it requires a daily cleansing skin routine to control the grease and shine. Making the right choice of products, such as the best toxin-free cleanser for oily skin in India, can go a long way in making your skin healthy and giving it a radiant complexion.
- Which cleanser is best for oily skin?
If you’re looking for the best cleanser for oily skin, you should pick a cleaner with natural ingredients. We advise you to pick Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash. Enriched with Activated Charcoal and Coffee, it has a natural pollution defense formula that absorbs excess oil, deep cleanses pores, and promotes an even skin tone. Also, it relieves irritated skin by giving it a boost of hydration.
- How to use the cleanser for oily skin?
Wash your face with lukewarm water. Apply cleanser for oily skin with your fingertips. Gently cleanse your skin by rubbing it into the skin. Do not scrub it harshly.
- Is cleanser necessary for oily skin?
Yes. Deep cleansing is essential for oily skin as it allows you to remove the excess oil from your skin that clogs your pores and results in aging signs.
- What is the side effect of cleanser?
Although there are no side effects of a natural cleanser, excessively washing your face can result in drying out of the skin.
- Is Rosewater good for oily skin?
Yes, Rosewater helps balance production, nourishes the skin, and gently removes dead skin cells & other impurities from skin pores. It also helps in reducing the chances of breakouts.
|Popular Search Terms|
makeup tips for beginners, eyeliner styles you must try, how to grow thick hair, pigmentation face wash, best serum for acne prone skin, makeup tips for dusky skin tone, best oily skin moisturizer, facial kit for oily skin, oily skin sunscreen, Oily skin cream, best dry skin face wash, how to do makeup step by step, foundation for oily skin, eye makeup step by step,remove dark spots caused by pimples naturally, do stretch marks go away, what is biotin, how to Use eyeliner, when to apply sunscreen,how to stop hair growth on body permanently what is deodorant, Moisturizer for summer, Summer body lotion, oily skin face wash, cleanser vs face wash , Oil for grey hair, Best onion hair oil, Tea tree oil for hair growth, chocolate face wash, aqua face wash, apple face wash