Are you tired of hair loss? And are other underlying hair conditions like an itchy scalp, dandruff, and bacterial infection on the scalp making your hair look dull, limp, and lifeless? Fret no more because we have a secret ingredient that can breathe life into your hair again. Yes, we are talking about Cedarwood oil, the go-to essential oil for healthy and strong hair.
Cedarwood oil uses are related to various skin care and hair care regimens. For example, you can also use cedarwood oil for your hair to promote healthy tresses. The key to a better result is to use it consistently but sanely.
Cedarwood essential oil is extracted from the wood of various types of cedar trees through steam distillation. In this post, let us explore how to include cedarwood essential oil in your hair care routine. We will also highlight the benefits of cedarwood essential oil when used in a hair care routine.
Ready to get tresses that you will love to run your fingers through? Bookmark this article and read on!
How Do You Use Cedarwood Oil in Your Hair Care Routine?
Let us look at using cedarwood essential oil in your hair care routine. There are several ways to use it in your hair care routine, and we have listed some easy ways below.
- For hair growth: To boost hair growth, you must mix 2-3 drops of cedarwood essential oil in your regular hair oil. You can also combine the cedarwood essential oil with your regular hair oil and a hair booster oil to target specific hair conditions like fall and dandruff. Remember to massage your scalp well. Let this stay on your hair for at least 30 minutes before washing it.
Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil
|Available Offer||35% Off|
- To improve scalp health: To get rid of bacterial infection and other scalp conditions, add a few drops of cedarwood essential oil to your hair shampoo or hair conditioner and use it to promote hair growth and improve overall scalp health. Do rinse your hair thoroughly after it.
Mamaearth Onion Shampoo
|Available Offer||35% Off|
- To give hair extra shine: Mix a few drops of cedarwood essential oil with pure aloe vera gel available at Mamaearth and apply it to the scalp to soothe inflammation and promote healthy hair growth. Let it stay for at least 30 minutes before you wash it. You can also mix it with a regular hair mask to hydrate your hair and give it an extra shine.
Mamaearth Onion Hair Mask
|Available Offer||35% Off|
- To boost nourishment: Make your hair spritz that can nourish your hair all day. Add a few drops of cedarwood essential oil to a spray bottle filled with water. Spritz on hair when you are outdoors to give your tresses a dose of refreshing and invigorating scent.
Note: You should not use essential oil directly on your skin and hair as it can lead to rashes and inflammation. Before you use it, ensure that you carry out a patch test to eliminate any allergies you may have to them.
6 Benefits of Cedarwood Oil for Hair Care
Cedarwood essential oil has been used in hair care because of its inherent properties to improve scalp health and promote hair growth. Here are some of the best benefits of using cedarwood essential oil for hair growth:
- Cedarwood essential oil boosts scalp circulation, which, in turn, helps to stimulate hair follicles and promote new hair growth. When it boosts scalp circulation, it delivers vital nutrients to the hair follicles improving hair health.
- With its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, it can help to reduce hair fall caused due to environmental stressors. With regular use, it can promote a healthy scalp and balance oil production that helps to reduce hair fall that is caused by clogged hair follicles.
- Cedarwood essential oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help control dandruff, scalp irritation, and other issues.
- Want stronger and healthier hair? Add cedarwood oil to your hair care regime. The antioxidant properties of cedarwood essential oil have a multitude of benefits. It strengthens hair, prevents breakage, and improves hair texture and appearance.
- Get better and improved scalp health! Let cedarwood oil soothe an itchy or inflamed scalp. Mixed with your regular hair oil can reduce scalp dryness and flakiness, which plays a significant role in hair loss and other scalp issues.
- You may also use hair growth oil or hair serum that contains cedarwood extracts or oil as the main ingredient.
Did you know that cedarwood essential oil is a natural alternative to chemical hair growth treatments? Because it is free from harsh chemicals, it provides more benefits as compared to its synthetic alternatives.
- What is cedarwood oil?
Cedarwood essential oil is extracted or derived from the wood of various types of cedar trees through steam distillation. Its beautifully warm and woody aroma has been used in toxin-free skincare and hair care products because of its soothing and purifying properties.
- How to use cedarwood oil?
It is always recommended that you dilute any essential oils when using it in a regime. You can mix 2-3 drops of pure essential oils of cedarwood in your regular hair oils, hair shampoo, hair conditioner, or even your hair mask.
- What does cedarwood oil smell like?
Cedarwood oil has a warm, woody, and slightly sweet aroma with a hint of balsamic and smokiness. The scent of cedarwood oil has a generally pleasant, calming, and grounding fragrance.
- How to use cedar oil for hair growth?
To use cedarwood oil for hair growth, mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil with your regular hair oil and apply it on the scalp and hair ends. Massage well to boost blood circulation. Let it stay for at least an hour before you wash and condition your hair.
- Can I use cedarwood oil directly on my hair?
Using essential oils directly on the skin or hair can irritate the local skin cells. So, ensure that you dilute this oil. Then, mix a few drops of cedarwood essential oil in your hair oils, shampoo, or conditioner for the best results.
best anti dandruff oil, dry skin moisturizer, anti aging cream, combination skin moisturizer, sensitive skin face wash, anti aging face wash, anti aging serum, serum for dry skin, wavy hair, layered hair, types of hair, curd for hair, ginger for hair, baby face rash cream, baby lotion for dry skin, baby cream for face, turmeric cream, baby care products,best cream for itchy skin rash, dry skin foundation, dry skin soap,glowing skin cream,essential oil for hair,receding hairline, combination skin face wash, cleanser for combination skin, telogen effluvium,hair breakage,hair wash, redensyl,isopropyl myristate