Sometimes you don’t need to invest in hefty treatments to beautify your hair. Those ingredients from your kitchen can also be proven good enough. Yes, we are talking about the centuries-old tradition of applying egg yolk or white to treat hair that is dry or damaged. It may seem a little messy but trust us; it is worth the benefits. So, if you want to learn a mess-free way to apply eggs to your hair, this post is for you.
Benefits of applying egg on hair
Before we dive deep, let’s understand why eggs are considered healthy for your hair. Egg yolk is rich in vitamins that improve the tensile strength of the hair, preventing them from breakage. It is a superfood for your hair, saturated with vitamins A and E and a specific fat called lecithin, which helps to moisturize strands. So, if you want to improve the overall health of your hair, eggs seem to be the best remedy.
That yellow part of the egg which we usually throw away helps:
- Supports hair growth
- Treats hair fall
- Enhances hair elasticity
- Makes hair shiny and soft
- Moisturizes and repairs strands
- Reduces hair breakage
- Combats flaky scalp
Did you know? The protein and fat in eggs moisturize the scalp, preventing the flakiness and itchiness that come with dandruff. So you can also apply egg on hair for dandruff-free strands.
Your step by step guide to applying egg on hair
- Prep the mixture: We take two eggs and crack them into a bowl, beating the mixture until the yolk and white gets mixed well. Depending on your unique hair care goals, you may add specific ingredients, such as honey, rosemary hair oil, yogurt, etc., to enhance the benefits. Mix the mixture well until a thick, smooth, consistent paste is formed.
- Section your hair into parts: Dividing your hair into two or more sections will ease the application process and save you from the mess. You can use hair clips to secure each section and place a towel or a cotton cloth on your shoulder to prevent eggs from dripping on your clothes.
- Apply the mixture: You can use a clean brush or comb to apply the mixture to your hair. Start with your roots and go all the way down to the ends. Remember, one section at a time. Finally, when all the sections are done, gently massage to get the mixture evenly distributed on your scalp.
- Comb through: Once you have applied the mixture, you can use a wide-toothed comb, allowing the product to distribute evenly throughout. This will coat each hair and ensure that strands are detangled. Combing through also prevents breakage while washing hair and yields better results.
- Let it sit and then rinse: Leave the mixture on your hair for 15 minutes, then rinse off with normal water. Make sure to rinse until all traces of the egg mixture are gone. Once you have rinsed the mixture, wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner to remove any residual odor. This will leave your hair feeling fresh and clean.
A piece of advice: Post-cleansing, we recommend applying a nourishing hair serum to lock in moisture to the strands. A hair serum keeps frizz at bay and helps tame unmanageable hair with ease.
Best egg products for your hair
Mamaearth’s toxin and chemical-free range is thoughtfully formulated to help you achieve your intended hair care goals. Sometimes home remedies may not yield the desired results until you consistently put in effort. So, we recommend using Mamaearth’s hair care range, such as hair growth oil, cleanser, conditioner, and serums, concentrated with effective ingredients.
A little bit about Mamaearth Eggplex hair care products:–
Mamaearth Eggplex Shampoo
Mamaearth Eggplex Shampoo
Does hair look limp and lifeless? We have a solution for you. Mamaearth Eggplex Hair Shampoo repairs bonds, cleanses the scalp, and restores shine. Featuring Egg Protein, Collagen, Keratin, and Jojoba Seed Oil, it adds glory to your hair. With regular usage, you get thicker and stronger hair with an improved scalp environment. The best part is it has been MadeSafe Certified and can be used on colored or chemically treated hair.
Mamaearth Eggplex Conditioner
Mamaearth Eggplex Conditioner
Brimmed with Collagen, Egg Protein, Keratin, and Jojoba Seed Oil, this hair conditioner perfectly gives your hair the much-needed TLC they deserve. It forms a protective coat on the strands, repairs damage, smoothens hair and makes it frizz-free. If you don’t like the smell of raw egg on your hair, you can use Mamaearth Eggplex Conditioner to get the same benefits. It does not contain any harsh chemicals or toxins and can be used by anyone experiencing frizzy hair.
Disclaimer: If you are allergic to eggs, we recommend using some alternatives, such as Mamaearth Almond Hair Mask, for the best results.
There are many benefits of applying egg on hair every week. You can use raw eggs to get rid of dandruff, frizz, and dullness. However, it may require several weeks of consistent treatment to experience visible results. So, being patient is the key to achieving desired results when working on a home remedy.
- Q1: Can we apply eggs directly to hair?
Ans: You can apply eggs directly to your hair if you are not allergic to them. To apply it, crack two eggs in a bowl and mix them well. Now part your hair into sections, applying the mixture directly to your roots. This will help provide much-needed vitamins and minerals to your hair shafts. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes and rinse off.
- Q2: What is the best way to apply egg on hair?
Ans: You can use eggs directly on your roots or strands. Alternatively, you can use egg-enriched hair care products, such as shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask. Using hair care products formulated with eggs gives you the same results while saving you from the mess that comes with the application.
- Q3: How long should I leave eggs in my hair?
Ans: It is best to leave eggs on your hair for 15-20 minutes for desired results.
- Q4: Can I apply egg on oily hair?
Ans: No, ideally, you should not apply it on oily hair. When your strands are coated with oil, the mixture might not seep into the scalp properly. Nonetheless, if you still want to apply oil to your hair, you can add any of your favorite hair oil to the egg mixture and then apply.
- Q5: What can I mix with egg for hair?
Ans: Depending on your unique hair care goals, you may add any specific ingredients such as honey, olive oil, yogurt, lemon drops, honey, etc.
|People Also Searched For
causes of white hair at a young age, how to increase melanin in the hair, what a hair spa, how to increase hair volume, which vitamin deficiency causes hair loss,green tea extracts, zinc oxide, kaolin clay, bentonite clay, nymphaea alba, squalane, emollients, emulsifiers, humectants, sebum, calendula flower, chamomile, l-ascorbic acid , how to face skin tight , layers of skin , how to make your skin glow naturally at home , how to treat skin at home , sodium lauroyl sarcosinate for hair, how to get glass skin, how to have clear skin , how to brighten skin, skin caring tips, how i know my skin type, Which vitamin is good for hair