As we age, it starts showing up on our skin first. The latter begins to dry out, turn dull, develop wrinkles, and lose its sheen. This change occurs due to a consistent depletion of naturally occurring protein called collagen in our bodies. This protein makes our skin fresh, elastic, and shinier.
The good thing is that a fall in collagen production may be countered through Hyaluronic Acid. This nutrient offers many other skincare benefits that are endorsed by skin care specialists worldwide. We will outline some of the best hyaluronic acid skincare benefits, but first, let’s understand what it is.
Pro tip: You may try Mamaearth Aqua Glow Face Wash that provide intense hydration and help unveil a natural glow.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a group of sugar molecules naturally produced in the human body that provides a cushion between the joints or other tissues. It is also produced artificially and used as a key ingredient in many top-end skincare products.
There are several major benefits of using hyaluronic acid for facial skin. However, at its most basic level, it is safe to assume that this skincare remedy helps hydrate, repair, and restore shine to dull and lifeless skin texture. Its regular application also slows the onset of skin blemishes like wrinkles and fine lines.
The go-to skincare ingredient for deep moisturization
We know that hyaluronic acid is naturally produced in the body to retain water to keep tissues moist and joints lubricated. It also acts as a humectant that draws moisture from the environment and provides it to the deeper layers of the skin. This helps the local cells retain adequate moisture and thus stay fresher throughout the day.
This skincare ingredient also helps in the faster healing of wounds, repairs damaged skin, and protects it from free radicals. But they all depend on first choosing a safe, gentle, and toxin-free skincare product.
There are several hyaluronic acid benefits for the face, many of which you do not know. We will further discuss each of them in detail so you can make a well-informed decision. Let’s take a look at them all in the next section.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum Benefits
s we mentioned above, aging is a graceful process. But when there is an unusual escalation of it, this great ingredient helps you dodge it without harming your skin. The most amazing hyaluronic acid uses for the skin are:
1. Moisturizes the skin: This acid replenishes the skin’s natural moisture levels without clogging the pores. The best thing is that it works equally well in all seasons.
Hydration is as basic to your skin as water is to your life. Without your facial pores having enough moisture, your skin would look dull, dry, and flaky. So apart from drinking at least eight to ten glasses of water every day, nourish your skin with some love from nature!
2. Protects the skin: It helps repair the skin barrier, ensuring it is not compromised and vulnerable to bacteria and other environmental irritants.
Skin protection is a complex concept. While several theories involve using chemical-induced options, we believe nature has something for everyone. For example, hyaluronic acid shields your skin from harmful UV rays and other aggressors and oxidative stress.
3. Reduces wrinkles: It helps promote collagen production and evens the skin tone, thus reducing the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Tightens skin: It helps the skin retain its natural elasticity. This helps it stay firm, tighter, plumper, and more youthful.
5. Improves skin texture: Increasing elasticity reduces skin roughness by filling crevices with moisture. It reduces bumps and unevenness, offering a smoother and blemish-free appearance.
6. Boosts cell regeneration: The protection and additional hydration encourage new skin cell growth. These new cells are healthier and help the skin stay fresh.
7. Clarifies skin: It controls oil production and maintains skin moisture levels. This reduces acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.
8. Reduces pigmentation: Applying this serum helps accelerate the formation of newer skin cells that help replace damaged or pigmented cells. Hyaluronic acid also reduces discoloration caused due to sunburns and acne marks.
9. Heals sunburn: Its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties accelerate the formation of newer skin cells. This helps the skin heal faster from sunburn.
10. Brings out an inner glow: Hydrated skin is healthy, easily translating to fresh, dewy skin, and radiates with a bright, happy glow.
Curating a Safe and Effective Skincare Routine
Even though most skincare products have lasting benefits, using them correctly will ascertain their effectiveness for longer. There is also a rule for using products as per one’s skin type and texture. We are sharing a safe and effective skincare guide for people with different skin types:
- Face wash: Cleanse your face as it helps absorb other skincare essentials better. Using a good face wash also removes dirt, dust, and impurities from your facial skin with care. Try using it at least twice a day to see effective results.
- Face scrub: Skin exfoliation eliminates the pile-up of dead skin cells from your skin’s surface. It also removes grease, oil, and stubborn dirt particles to give your face a refreshed look. But this should be done using a gentle face scrub once or twice a week to obtain better results.
- Face toner: It’s time to give your skin a nice revival from the exhaustive cleansing processes with a facial toner. This watery solution absorbs quickly into the pores and helps uplift the skin that sags down after exfoliation to give a bright and radiant look. It should be used twice a day consistently to obtain the best results.
- Face moisturizer: A face moisturizer helps enrich the bogged-down skin with vital nutrients and nourishment to prevent it from looking dull and dry. It adds a supple look to the face and gives your face a healthy look and feels. This skin care beauty should be used at least twice daily to achieve your skincare goals!
- Under-eye cream: Your eyes express a lot more than just your emotions. You need to take care of your skin underneath the eyes. It is twice as sensitive as your facial skin and gets affected way before your skin on the body. A good under-eye cream helps remove dark circles, puffiness under the eyes, and swelling.
- Face serum: A little thinner than a face gel, this product has amazing benefits besides skin moisturization. It helps in giving your face a brighter and smoother skin tone without letting it reveal your age. Mamaearth Skin Plump Face Serum comes with all these qualities and gives you a radiant glow. The best part? It carries all the benefits of Hyaluronic acid serum effortlessly.
Also, these days there are different kinds of face serums that target certain skin troubles. For instance, Mamaearth Flowers Of Youth Essence Serum helps fight aging troubles, boosts collagen production, and hydrates your skin deeply.
- Sunscreen: Indian skin comes with a mix of endurance and sensitivity in a different way. That’s why you need a solution that suits Indian skin. Mamaearth HydraGel Indian Sunscreen. It protects your skin from harmful UV rays. It is lightweight and quick-absorbent. It hydrates your skin with care and gives you a healthier look.
Too good to be true?
There are multiple uses of Hyaluronic acid for skin care and its benefits do paint a rosy picture. However, it should be carefully opted for in any skincare regimen. This ingredient is found in numerous products, from serums to face masks to face gels, face creams, and face moisturizers. And each comes with a set of certain instructions that should be followed.
Research suggests that hyaluronic acid is safe and compatible with most skin types. That being said, a reaction is possible when combined with other ingredients. Therefore, we recommend doing a patch test on your skin for the best results.
In a rush to achieve fast and effective results, sometimes we forget that everything comes at a price. Faster results bring home the possibility of using chemical-infused skincare products that end up harming your skin in the long run.
Nature has a solution for everything. All we need to do is seek answers in the right direction. One such solution is Hyaluronic Acid. If you have read the blog above, you are now familiar with Hyaluronic Acid uses for the face. Isn’t it?
Hyaluronic acid certainly lives up to the hype it has been receiving. And as far as skin hydration solutions go, we should consider adding them to our daily skincare routines, especially as we get older.
Have questions? Let’s look at some of the basic questions asked about hyaluronic acid.
- How to use a hyaluronic acid serum?
Cleanse the face thoroughly. Apply just a few drops of the serum on your face and neck skin while it is still damp. Hyaluronic acid serum benefits gently press them into your face with the palms of your hand. It is best to follow up with a moisturizer to seal it in.
- Is hyaluronic acid good for dry skin?
There are several benefits of using hyaluronic acid for regular skin care. It penetrates the skin and binds to water molecules, increasing the moisture content. It also pulls the moisture from the external environment into the upper layer of the skin. This serum is thus a good remedy for treating common skin care issues related to dry skin.
- What does hyaluronic acid do for your skin?
Hyaluronic acid replenishes and maintains an optimum level of skin moisture content. It helps heal and revitalize the outer skin layer. There are several hyaluronic acid skin benefits known as reducing fine lines and offering softer, smoother, and radiant skin.
- Does hyaluronic acid improve skin?
Hyaluronic acid penetrates deep into the skin cells to hydrate and repair them from within. It helps the skin stay firm and even while reducing wrinkles and fine lines, retaining a youthful glow for longer.
- Does hyaluronic acid brighten skin?
Hyaluronic acid skin benefits include the stimulation of new skin cell growth. These cells are healthier and naturally offer a brighter appearance. Additionally, skin care products formulated with hyaluronic acid specifically target skin brightening.
- Can you use vitamin C and hyaluronic acid together?
Hyaluronic acid and vitamin C perfectly complement each other and can thus be used together. They hydrate, protect, and repair skin cells, making them more resilient to environmental changes. Hyaluronic acid also helps balance out the impacts of too much vitamin C.
- Should I use hyaluronic acid in the morning or at night?
There are no specific rules on when hyaluronic acid should be used. It is equally effective when applied in the morning or at night. Most products come with instructions on the best way to use them.
- Can I use hyaluronic acid under the eyes?
Yes. Hyaluronic acid is known to help reduce under-eye puffiness, wrinkles, and dark circles. It deeply moisturizes the local skin cells and provides them with adequate nourishment, thus reducing skin blemishes.
- Do you need a moisturizer after hyaluronic acid?
Following up the application of hyaluronic acid with a moisturizer is essential. It helps seal hydration into the skin and thus ensures a better rate of moisturization.
- How long does it take for hyaluronic acid to work?
Hyaluronic acid begins to work immediately after application, and with regular use, significant improvements in texture, wrinkles, and overall appearance can be visible after eight weeks.
- Should I use hyaluronic acid every day?
Yes, you can use it daily as long as it is applied correctly.
- Does hyaluronic acid cause breakouts?
Hyaluronic acid does not cause acne. However, when combined with other ingredients in face creams, gels, etc., there is a possibility that your skin could react to the product. Thus, skin type may also play a key role here.
- Can you use retinol and hyaluronic acid together?
Hyaluronic acid and retinol are popular pairings. They work well together, balancing without compromising what makes them valuable individually.
Popular Search Terms- hyaluronic acid skin benefits, niacinamide serum benefits, What is Witch Hazel?, Lavender Oil Benefits, Face Scrub Uses, Bhringraj Oil Benefits, Benefits of Rose water, Avocado Oil for hair, Vitamin e benefits for skin, Shea Butter Benefits, Vitamin C Serum Benefits, Turmeric benefits for skin, best underarm whitening cream, Almond oil benefits, Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Skin, lipstick shades for indian skin, Lip Care Tips, Rice Water for Skin, Rice Water for Hair, What is retinol?