Some of the world’s best skincare secrets are centuries old, and haldi or turmeric for pimples sits at the top. Its multiple benefits are quite a tale to tell in Ayurveda, and common households in India have relied on this yellow-colored spice for their well-being for ages.
Turmeric boosts our immune system, controls diabetes, purifies blood, relieves arthritis, and reduces inflammation. Today, we mention some of the best-known haldi benefits for routine skin care. We would also offer some insights about why this kitchen spice is indispensable.
Presenting a Smarter way to remove tan, repair sun damage, and brighten skin- Mamaearth’s Ubtan Face Wash.
What is Turmeric?
A member of the ginger family, turmeric (also known as haldi in Hindi) is a common household spice used in various food preparations. Because of its most active compound, curcumin, this yellow-colored root has medicinal properties and is a significant component of traditional Indian medicine. Turmeric has a noticeable impact on the skin and has been a key skincare ingredient for centuries.
Spice things up
Why is turmeric such a powerhouse? Most of the credit goes to a compound it contains called curcumin. It has antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains Vitamins B6 and C and other antioxidants.
People have relied on turmeric benefits for skin-lightening. It is used in dietary and culinary preparations and also for medicinal treatments. It is also used as an inseparable part of wedding preparations.
Ten Benefits of Using Turmeric for Routine Skincare
The following pointers explain ten of the best-known benefits of turmeric for routine skin care. But, of course, it is not an exhaustive list, and you might find multiple other uses of turmeric on the face and benefits of this anti-inflammatory spice around you:
1. Moisturizes skin: Turmeric nourishes the skin from within, deeply hydrating it, preventing skin from drying out, and treating flaky skin. It also helps remove dead skin cells and removes any infection caused by them. It may be used with aloe vera gel for even better results.
2. Manages oil production: It helps regulate sebum production, ensuring that pores are not clogged and preventing the skin from becoming greasy.
3. Heals and prevents acne: Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties help calm irritated skin, especially around acne, speeding up healing. It also prevents the pores from clogging, while its antiseptic properties stop bacterial growth, thus eliminating acne.
4. Brightens skin: Turmeric’s purifying, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties help give the skin a healthy glow. They also slow down melanin production, the pigment responsible for dark spots and hyperpigmentation. As a result, using turmeric for the face may easily fade blemishes and acne marks.
5. Reduces dark circles: Besides its skin-lightening abilities, turmeric can boost microcirculation, making the skin more supple. When these forces combine, they effectively target discoloration under the eyes, removing the dull and tired look.
6. Treats skin conditions: The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties work together to help treat skin conditions like psoriasis, rosacea, and eczema. Turmeric’s cooling effect on the skin can help calm the most severe inflammation and reduce redness.
7. Reduces stretch marks: Turmeric is rich in antioxidants that penetrate deep into the skin and boost membrane cell function, thus reducing stretch marks. Using turmeric benefits men, too, because it can also help one get rid of post-operative surgery marks.
8. Fights signs of premature aging: The ability to boost collagen production and block elastase. (The latter is an enzyme that inhibits elastin production). These benefits make Turmeric the forerunner in preventing sagging and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
9. Protects against environmental factors: The antioxidants in this spice banish skin-damaging free radicals created by sun exposure, pollution, and other external irritants. Moreover, it provides a cooling effect when applied to heat rash or sunburn.
10. Heals wounds: Turmeric benefits the skin by reducing oxidation and lowering the skin’s stress response, helping scratches or acne wounds heal quicker with minimal scarring. Furthermore, it speeds up the process of cell regeneration and enhances blood circulation.
Go for gold
Hailed as the go-to ingredient for home-based skincare, turmeric’s uses and benefits leave little to doubt over their efficacy, especially when used over an extended time. We welcome you to explore the best turmeric uses for the face using safe and toxin-free skincare products.
Caution: When applied directly to the skin in its raw form, it may leave behind a residue and temporarily stain it. It may happen when you are allergic to raw Turmeric or use any poor-quality skin care product containing sulfates or mineral oils.
Most skincare experts recommend using the quick-to-expound benefits of turmeric for skin problems, but they often miss the bus while saying that one should only use safe and toxin-free skincare products to get these benefits.
Skincare experts advise using toxin-free skincare products that are certified by Made Safe and are gentle on your face. At Mamaearth, we take your trust very seriously and have thus curated a wide lineup of safe and toxin-free skincare products so you may have the best of haldi’s benefits for yourself.
Here are a few of them:
1. Skin Illuminate Face Cream with Vitamin C and Turmeric for Radiant Skin- Are you troubled with hyperpigmentation and dull skin? Skin woes are a sure goner with our skin-enhancing cream. This Skin Illuminate Face Cream features Vitamin C, Turmeric, and niacinamide that help to boost skin radiance and keep the skin feeling nourished and moisturized.
2. Aloe Turmeric Gel for Skin and Hair- Using haldi for acne removal is a comparatively safer and faster way to have blemish-free skin. Hence our Aloe Turmeric Gel for Skin and Hair. Packed with antibacterial and antioxidants, this face care product comes enriched with the natural goodness of this yellow-colored root. It gently soothes inflamed skin and also heals itchiness on the scalp. In addition, turmeric brightens the skin tone, while aloe vera deeply hydrates the newer skin cells.
3. Ubtan Body Wash– Cleanse your way to beautiful skin with the benefits of traditional herbs like turmeric and saffron. Then, introduce yourself to Mamaearth Ubtan Body Cleanser and avail of many benefits.
With Mamaearth Ubtan Body Wash, hit the reset button each morning for a healthy glow! With Walnut Beads acting as a gentle exfoliant, it removes impurities while its incredible mixture of turmeric and saffron thoroughly cleanses and treats sun damage. As a result, your skin will feel fresh, soft, and supple after using them.
4. Ubtan Face Wash- Let your dull, sun-tanned skin recover and feel fresh and vibrant by pampering it with the age-old Ubtan tradition. With Mamaearth Ubtan Face Wash, you can reverse the effects of tanning, pollution, dirt, damaging UV radiation, and poor weather conditions.
With the added natural goodness of Saffron and Turmeric, our Ubtan Face Wash is designed to give you glowing skin. Turmeric’s antioxidants protect against free radical damage to the skin. Moreover, it is frequently used to lighten skin tone and prevent sunburn. Saffron and Carrot Seed Oil remove tan and clean up blemishes. Ubtan Face Cleanser contains walnut beads that gently exfoliate the skin, eliminate tan, and brighten the skin.
Acne treatment may benefit from the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial characteristics of the turmeric ingredient curcumin. However, further study is necessary to fully appreciate its effectiveness, safety, and potential health advantages. Therefore, consult your medical professional or a dermatologist before applying turmeric to your skin or taking turmeric remedies.
- Does Turmeric lighten skin?
Turmeric is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help cleanse, nourish and hydrate the skin. It can work towards inhibiting the production of melanin, which is responsible for hyperpigmentation, and boost blood circulation. All of this helps even out skin tone and brighten from within.
- What are some of the turmeric benefits for men?
Most of the benefits turmeric offers ring true for men and women alike. This medicinal spice helps control diabetes, respiratory problems, arthritis, etc. It also helps reduce irritation, hyperpigmentation, etc.
- What does Turmeric do to the skin?
Turmeric offers multiple benefits for the skin. It moisturizes, nourishes, and cleanses it to help bring out a natural glow. In addition, it is packed with antioxidants and antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help deal with skin conditions, acne, dark spots and discoloration, and stretch marks. It also helps reduce damage caused by environmental factors and fights premature signs of aging.
- Can I apply Turmeric on my face every day?
Turmeric is a natural ingredient and safe to use unless you are allergic to it. Regular application helps deal with stubborn skin issues like acne scarring and blemishes.
- Does Turmeric remove dark spots?
Turmeric can inhibit the production of melanin, the pigment responsible for dark spots and hyperpigmentation. It also has cleansing, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties that nourish the skin and create a natural glow.
- Can Turmeric lighten skin?
Turmeric is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory and purifying properties that help moisturize, cleanse, and nourish the skin cells, thus bringing out a natural glow. It also inhibits the production of melanin that is responsible for hyperpigmentation, and reduces damage caused by external factors.
- How long does it take for turmeric to work on the skin?
Depending on your skin types and texture, seeing significant improvement usually takes around four to eight weeks. It would also depend on several interrelated factors like environmental conditions, healthcare issues, genetics, and age.
- What are the best ways to use Turmeric?
There are multiple ways to use Turmeric. The most obvious is to add it to food or milk. You can also combine it with milk, honey, or other ingredients to create a paste or face pack and apply it directly. Another option is using turmeric-based skincare products.
- Does Turmeric darken skin?
Turmeric doesn't darken the skin. It has skin-lightening properties that bring out a natural glow and reduce discoloration. It can, however, leave behind a residue if left on for too long, temporarily staining the skin.
- How long should I leave Turmeric on my face?
The ideal time to leave Turmeric on the skin is about 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Avoid leaving it on too long, especially overnight, as it tends to stain.
Popular Search Terms- hyaluronic acid skin benefits, niacinamide serum benefits, What is Witch Hazel?, Lavender Oil Benefits, Face Scrub Uses, Bhringraj Oil Benefits, Benefits of Rose water, Avocado Oil for hair, Vitamin e benefits for skin, Shea Butter Benefits, Vitamin C Serum Benefits, best underarm whitening cream, Almond oil benefits, Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Skin, lipstick shades for indian skin, Lip Care Tips, Rice Water for Skin, Rice Water for Hair, What is retinol?