Nowadays, natural ingredients and essential oils are becoming the solution for every other concern related to our human body. And why not? When our bodies are made of natural elements, the cures should be natural too. If you dream of getting those thicker, longer, and more lustrous locks, providing the scalp with a nutritional source is important. Of all the essential oils available for achieving healthy hair, rosemary oil for hair can help you to meet your hair goals. It contains anti-inflammatory and antifungal benefits that promote hair health.
Hair loss can undermine your self-esteem, confidence, and mental health. At the same time, haircare has become extremely complex nowadays due to the availability of different types of haircare products. But essential oils are the one that steals the show. Rosemary oil can be the one that will help you say hello to good hair days and sayonara to irritating hair concerns.
Some people also use rosemary oil for faster hair growth. This makes much sense, given that this oil improves blood circulation and stimulates the nervous system. It also has a mild and soothing fragrance and can help you relax. This oil also treats dull and rough strands.
Continuous exposure to increasing pollution levels, stress, and leading a sedentary lifestyle makes our scalps dry. As a result, our scalp and hair lose their natural nutrients and luster. As rosemary oil has been gaining momentum, it is time to put it to work out for our scalp and hair. We’ll share some qualified insights about this natural ingredient and how it can improve your hair care routine.
Try Mamaearth’s Onion Hair Oil to boost hair growth, adds strength and shine, and balances the scalp’s pH.
Why Should you Use Rosemary Oil for Hair Care?
Grown in the Mediterranean Region, rosemary oil for hair has been known for quite a long time as an effective healing and aromatic kitchen ingredient. Also known as Salvia Rosmarinus, Rosemary is an evergreen shrub that contains fragrant, evergreen, needle-like leaves and pink, purple, or blue flowers. It is native to England, Mexico, the USA, Northern Africa, and Morocco.
The rosemary oil is extracted from its eponymous plant, which belongs to the mint family and includes flowers like basil, lavender, myrtle, and sage. This fragrant oil offers multiple benefits for our scalp and hair. It has antiseptic, antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-oxidative properties, strengthening the body and promoting the brain, heart, and liver health.
Rosemary oil is also an effective ingredient for improving hair health, as it offers blood circulation and combats hair loss and dandruff. It is extracted through steam distillation of the plant’s flowering tops and leaves. It is very fluidic (like water) and is generally light yellow.
Rosemary Oil Benefits for Hair you Shouldn’t Miss
The crown is essential to our lives, and maintaining it demands attentive care. Naturally extracted rosemary oil for hair benefits the scalp and hair by promoting a healthy scalp. A healthy and nourished scalp will result in healthy hair growth.
Let’s have a look at rosemary oil uses for hair.
1. Triggers hair growth: The regular application of rosemary oil on the hair can increase hair growth on the scalp. It works as a Minoxidil (a drug used to treat hair loss). Rosemary oil nourishes the scalp and enables better hair growth by supplying it with essential nutrients. It also removes all unwanted toxins from the scalp and balances the pH levels of the scalp.
2. Strengthens the hair follicles: By regularly massaging rosemary oil on the scalp, you can make your hair strands stronger, healthier, and shinier. It promotes blood circulation in the scalp and helps ward off seasonal dryness. Stronger hair follicles do not break off easily.
3. Treats split ends: Continuous exposure to harmful environmental elements leaves hair strands dry, frizzy, and dehydrated. Dry and frizzy hair is difficult to manage and may cause excessive hair fall. Rosemary oil moisturizes the scalp and hair follicles, which makes them stronger and soft over time.
4. Controls excess sebum production on the scalp: Poor scalp health will inhibit the growth of stronger hair follicles. One of the best and most nourishing uses of rosemary oil for hair is that it can help draw out infections in the scalp.
It has antifungal and astringent properties that keep bacteria and fungi out for longer. This oil also clears clogged pores on the scalp by removing dirt, grime, and unwanted particles. Open pores in the scalp promote the growth of hair follicles and make them stronger & shinier.
5. Relieves pain on the scalp: Rosemary essential oil offers anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, healing, and analgesic properties. In addition, they calm down scalp inflammations and combat & treat scalp infections. This oil has Carnosic acid that heals nerve damage and reduces infection on the scalp.
6. Slows down premature graying of hair: Waking up to a white or gray hair strand can be disappointing. Rosemary oil is considered one of the best conditioning oils for hair that supplies essential nutrients to the scalp and hair. This will help you stay away from early signs of aging.
7. Reverse hair damage: Our hair and scalp face various environmental stress from exposure to UV Rays and pollution for a long time. Continuous heat-styling tools like hair straighteners or curling rods may also lead to frequent hair breakage. Applying this oil to hair regularly helps reverse the damage by providing deep conditioning and nourishment. This would make the hair softer, shinier, and stronger.
8. Reduces dandruff: Isn’t it quite common nowadays? Almost everyone has faced dandruff on their crown sometime in the past. But, if you want to treat it once and for all, you should start applying rosemary oil to your hair. The antifungal properties of rosemary oil help minimize dandruff and keep the scalp clean & dandruff-free, your crown healthy and shining.
9. Eases stress: Stress is one of the biggest reasons which leads to various health issues such as heart attack, brain stroke, and diabetes. One is that it leads to excessive hair fall. Massaging the rosemary essential oil into the scalp will help calm the mental stress and may give you the beauty sleep you need.
How Can You use Rosemary Oil for Hair?
While there are many rosemary oil uses for skin, there are several more for hair care. Although combined with different natural essential oils, it can target various hair concerns. We will let you know some hair masks for home, but first, let’s observe various uses of rosemary oil for hair.
1. Applying it on the scalp: Massaging your scalp with rosemary essential oil will help you improve hair health. Massaging in circular motions increases the blood flow on your scalp. Remember not to put more than 4-5 drops of it, as excess oil can cause itching.
2. Make another oil more effective: If you feel applying 4-5 drops of this oil is not enough, you may add the rosemary oil for hair regrowth to your regular carrier oils. Massaging your scalp with it and then washing it after an hour or two will help you reap the same benefits.
If you’re looking for a perfect way to boost the potential of regular hair oil, we advise you to add 4-5 drops of Mamaearth Tea Tree Hair Oil Booster. It is enriched with the goodness of Tea Tree Oil, Salicylic Acid, Ylang Ylang Oil, and Rosemary leaf oil.
3. Mix it with your shampoo and conditioner: You may consider adding 4-5 drops of rosemary oil to your shampoo and conditioner. Rinsing and deep conditioning your hair with such shampoo and conditioner will provide intense conditioning to your hair.
PS: Rosemary oil helps improve hair growth, shine, and strength.
Try these oil mixes
Here are some easy and efficient ways to use rosemary oil to achieve healthy and stronger hair.
- Rosemary Oil and Lavender Oil: Lavender oil is backed by antimicrobial properties that help promote hair growth and keep them healthy. Mixing lavender oil & rosemary oil and adding them to your carrier oil will promote scalp health. Apply it and wash off the oil after one hour.
- Rosemary Oil and Olive Oil: Olive oil supplies hair health by providing it with essential antioxidants that neutralize the damage caused by free radicals. Rosemary oil increases blood circulation and makes the hair thicker and fuller. You may add olive oil and rosemary oil to the scalp and hair strands, and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Rosemary Oil and Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera contains soothing and exfoliating properties. When mixed with rosemary oil, it can work as a perfect hair conditioner. Mix the oil with aloe vera gel and apply. You may keep it on your hair all night and then rise.
Building a Healthy Hair Care Routine
Irrespective of the natural beauty ingredient we use for attaining lustrous locks, we need to create a healthy hair care routine using healthy hair care products. Before setting up a hair care routine, you should identify your hair type and concerns, as it will help you select appropriate products for your daily use.
Step 1: Massage your scalp with oil:
Oiling the scalp twice or thrice a week supplies the scalp with essential nutrients which help in promoting healthy hair growth. We recommend massaging the oil into the scalp with the fingertips. You should also select a mild and natural hair growth oil for your hair.
You may opt for Mamaearth Root Restore Hair Oil for Hair Fall Reduction. It features eight herbal oils, including Bhringraj Oil and Vitamin E (besides Rosemary oil) that strengthen hair roots. It also provides deep nourishment to help revitalize hair. Its regular use would help stimulate hair follicles against pollution and seasonal changes.
Step 2: Wash your hair:
After applying oil to your hair, it is essential to remove it. Rinsing the scalp and hair with a mild sulfate-free hair shampoo removes impurities, dirt, and excess sebum that stops follicle growth.
You may try Mamaearth Onion Hair Shampoo, which contains the goodness of Onion and plant keratin. It helps reduce hair fall too.
Step 3: Conditioning your hair:
Rejuvenate your hair health by restoring lost oil and moisture by applying a hair conditioner to your hair after washing them. It is advisable to opt for Mamaearth Onion Hair Conditioner on your hair, which helps reduce hair fall, detangles hair, and nourishes hair.
Step 4: Deep nourishment:
While the conditioner replenishes lost elements, an effective hair mask deeply conditions hair follicles from root to tip by supplying them with essential nutrients. This helps reduce frizz and adds luster. You should try Mamaearth Onion Hair Mask. It contains Onion Oil and Organic Bamboo that reduce hair fall and repair damaged hair.
Step 5: Add protection to your hair
Protecting our crown is equally important. It often gets negatively affected by prolonged exposure to UV rays or the continuous use of heat styling tools that damage hair. The most effective way to ensure protection is to apply hair serum on the hair. Choose Mamaearth Onion Hair Serum, which contains the goodness of Onion and Biotin. It imparts shine, protects hair, keeps split ends at bay, and reduces hair damage.
Rosemary oil for hair is derived from an ancient herb that makes hair thicker and longer. Adding rosemary oil to your hair care routine can solve many hair problems. First, create a healthy routine of oiling your scalp twice or thrice a week. Do not forget to increase its capacity by adding drops of hair oil booster to your hair oil.
We advise you to carefully pick the hair care products after examining the ingredients. We advise you to choose a hair care brand that is home-grown and natural such as Mamaearth. It is Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified Brand that formulates natural ingredients and helps get healthy and lustrous hair.
- Can you apply rosemary oil directly to the hair?
Unless you have a sensitive scalp, it is safe to apply rosemary oil directly to the hair. But the safest way to apply the rosemary oil is to mix it with a carrier oil, like coconut, jojoba, argan oil, etc.
- Do you apply rosemary oil to wet or dry hair?
Applying rosemary oil to dry hair is beneficial as it supplies the scalp with essential nutrients that target various skin concerns.
- How often should I use rosemary oil for hair growth?
Rosemary oil is most effective for hair restoration when used consistently for at least six months. You should use it two or three times per week.
|Popular Search Terms|
what causes dark spots on face, why pigmentation comes on face, Skin Tones, How to get acne-free glowing skin naturally, types of makeup, simple eye makeup, pimple cream, best waterproof foundation, Is onion good for hair, what is concealer, What are stretch marks, Must have makeup products, how to detan skin, clean teeth, how to remove tan from hands and legs, how to get rid of dry skin, how to remove wrinkles under eyes,neem oil benefits, waterproof makeup, is glycerin good for your skin, dark patches on skin,which face wash is best for oily skin, how to use concealer