With white dot-like flakes falling off your scalp, your confidence too starts taking a beating. The primary cause for such poor experiences is dandruff and it comes up due to seasonal changes, poor hair care routines, and inadequate nutrition. Most of them can be meted out using a safe, gentle, and toxin-free anti-dandruff shampoo.
Good hair days offer a common sight to many people- healthy tresses flow carefree, your scalp is cleaner, and the confidence you have is amazing. However, when hair troubles tread alongside, such happy days could be quite rare. One such stubborn hair problem is dandruff, which is sure to ruin anyone’s appearance and day!
Dandruff: Definition, causes, and symptoms
Dandruff is a condition that makes the skin on your scalp dry and flaky. As common as this problem is, it is equally embarrassing to deal with too. Nevertheless, it is one of the most common hair care problems in men and women.
Dandruff can be caused due to internal or external causes. Among the most significant ones are the following:
- Nutrition: They say, ‘what you eat is what you become,’ and this statement holds for this scenario too. Dandruff can be your body signaling it lacks nutrition. Therefore, you should stop if you love street food and cola drinks. Instead, you should focus on taking a balanced diet that provides all the vitamins and minerals needed to maintain good health.
- Stress: Managing urgent deadlines and priorities for a prolonged duration can affect your health. One of the indirect signs your body sends to say you need to check your stress levels is by dealing with dandruff. You can try planning or scheduling to ensure you don’t misalign your timelines. Take a few breaks once in a while to detox. It will help you in healing from within.
- Sensitivity: Have you used several haircare products recently to treat itchiness without getting relief or respite? Well, it could be due to your scalp being too sensitive to the constituting ingredients of different hair products. Clearly, hit-and-trial does not work in hair care.
We thus suggest consulting a hair care expert and a dermatologist to get your hair and scalp checked. It is advisable to know the root cause before things turn severe.
- Insomnia: A proper sleep of six to eight hours quickens the healing process of your mind and body. Your brain works towards cell repair while your skin cells regenerate themselves. We understand that sometimes getting enough sleep may be difficult.
But if your irregular sleep patterns have become a regular occurrence, you might need to consider it. One such after-effect seen significantly is the occurrence of dandruff on your scalp. It may again cause premature graying or lead to excessive hair fall.
- Workout: Having a healthy lifestyle is the key to having healthy hair. Going to regular workout sessions helps release feel-good hormones- called endorphins and serotonin in your body. They make you feel fresher and more confident. If you think workouts don’t work for your hair’s health, give them a shot, and you won’t be disappointed.
- Genetic: Dandruff can be a genetic problem too. If your family has had a history of hair loss and dandruff, you can have them too. It can always be worsened by seasonal changes, lack of hydration, and a combination of the above-mentioned factors.
As relatable as the causes of dandruff may seem, you can notice the symptoms at an early stage. Some of the major ones are:
- You might have oily or sensitive skin.
- Dry skin texture for prolonged periods.
- Flakes of skin on the shoulders, eyebrows, or mustache.
- Possibly itchy skin
What to Look for in an Anti-Dandruff Shampoo for Men and Women?
Hair problems like dandruff may seem challenging to tackle. But with the right pair of anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner, you can have better results. Here are some prerequisites you need to look out for the following factors:
- Safe and gentle ingredients: You should know the ingredients used in making any hair care product you plan to use next. Awareness and a little background check could help you know which ingredients work would help drive out dandruff.
If you prefer using products made of natural ingredients, you should opt for Tea Tree, Neem, Salicylic Acid, etc. They help a great deal in stopping the unsightly pearls you own from falling out of their secret closet!
- Effective cleansing: The main reason for buying an anti-dandruff shampoo is to cleanse the scalp. Apart from its primary goal of removing dandruff from your tresses, it should thoroughly cleanse and keep your hair and scalp clean.
A clean scalp would even feel fresh on a hot and sweaty day. Cleansing is an essential function of any hair cleanser you would pick for your tresses. Make sure your anti-dandruff shampoo does that.
- Hair suitability: Your hair type could be wavy, curly, or straight. The best way to care for it is to use a safe and gentle anti-dandruff shampoo that suits the hair type and texture. Once your hair cleanser suits your hair, half your battle is won!
Signs that your New Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is Working
When looking out for your hair’s health, you do not take any chances. You can have the best anti-dandruff shampoo (as suggested by a dermatologist), but you should still check for the following signs to see if it is working for you:
- The shine is back: Your hair bears a lot in contact with the external environment. If you aren’t taking proper care, they might turn rough, dry, and brittle in texture. Once your scalp is clean, the pathway is clear for the nutrients to get in. Thus, your scalp absorbs them better. The process makes the scalp and hair healthier.
- Bouncy, smooth, and naturally beautiful: Following a protein-rich diet will accelerate the repair processes. You may start getting better results in a few weeks when you use a safe and gentle anti-dandruff shampoo regularly.
Your tresses shall begin to feel healthy from within and have a distinct smoothness and shine. The bounce makes you feel lighter, and your locks look naturally beautiful. This shows that your hair cleanser works wonders for your hair!
- Bid farewell to itchiness: It often feels odd to keep scratching your hair, especially in public. The humiliating looks by strangers get to you, no matter how strong you are within. But using the right anti-dandruff shampoo helps reduce itchiness and keeps your hair healthy.
- Low sensitivity levels: A significant reason for your dandruff is increased scalp sensitivity to different haircare products. It is hard to style or dye your hair if that is the case. Dandruff will be just the tip of the iceberg.
Using the right anti-dandruff shampoo makes your scalp and hair healthier. Once this happens, your scalp’s sensitivity levels begin to drop. It gains a natural resistance to its surroundings and continues to stay healthy due to improved health.
- Flakes aren’t there anymore: Stay carefree, as the flakes won’t be falling on your shoulders anymore. This is the magic of using the right hair cleanser. It makes your hair problems go away effortlessly.
You get relief from all the itchy-scratchy feeling that gets you all conscious and worried. The best anti-dandruff shampoo gives you everything you have been seeking all along!
Natural hair care regimen to try for dandruff-prone hair
Just like a skincare routine is essential to maintain naturally healthy skin, so is a hair care regimen. Your hair is exposed to the external environment in several ways. After all the withering it goes through, these steps can help you give your tresses a natural relief:
- Perfect oil massage: Didn’t you feel relieved when your grandma gave you a nice massage to your hair? Those good old days never fail to bring back beautiful memories. But now that you are looking out for your tresses, you should give them a shot.
Mamaearth Tea Tree Hair Oil gives your dandruff-prone hair the love it deserves. It answers well to dandruff, itchiness, and skin irritation. The Tea Tree and Ginger help in intense cleansing and preventing infections. Bhringraj & Salicylic Acid give your hair the requisite nutrients for healthy growth.
This hair oil helps reduce dandruff, remove irritation, and promote hair growth. You should apply it at least twice a week for effective results.
- Cleansing therapy: After a nice massage comes the hair cleansing procedure. This is where most of your investment lies. We recommend opting for a safe and gentle shampoo that features only natural and toxin-free ingredients.
Mamaearth Tea Tree Shampoo is a beautiful blend of Tea Tree Oil and Ginger Oil that helps keep the scalp free from infections and toxins. Their anti-inflammatory properties also keep skin irritation at bay. In addition, vitamin E helps in fighting free radicals and oxidative stress effectively.
As one of the best anti-dandruff shampoos in India, this cleanser offers many impressive benefits for your tresses. It helps control and prevents dandruff. It has super oil-controlling properties and keeps your scalp squeaky clean with every wash. It soothes your scalp by reducing the itch and gives you shiny, nourished hair in no time!
- Conditioning is vital: Cleansing your hair and scalp may be an essential step, but it isn’t the only one. Conditioning your hair is equally important because it helps the nutrition that might have been washed away by the shampoo along with dirt and toxins.
Mamaearth Tea Tree Hair Conditioner is rich in naturally nourishing ingredients like Tea Tree Oil, Ginger Oil, and Almond Oil. They come together to give your hair the care and nourishment it needs.
This excellent hair conditioner contains various nutrients and helps control excessive oil. In addition, it helps prevent dandruff and hair damage. This natural conditioner is your go-to product if you need silky and dandruff-free hair.
- Masking is essential: A hair mask helps you retain vital nutrients within your hair to prevent damage. When there is too much external exposure and less time to get naturally healthy hair, masking works effectively.
Mamaearth Tea Tree Anti-Dandruff Hair Mask has unique natural ingredients like Argan Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lemon Oil, and Cedarwood Oil. They mix and match to quickly give you long-term relief from dandruff-related conditions and hair troubles.
This mask helps in controlling excess oil and preventing dandruff on your scalp. It is rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties that ensure you do not suffer from severe infections. In addition, this mask helps with proper hair nourishment and prevents hair fall naturally.
Seasonal dryness and dandruff are common hair problems in both men and women. However, it might not be easy to recover from if not looked into in time. Our hair fights several unseen battles with external pollutants, harmful UV rays, dust, dirt, etc. So, when you are back at the pavilion, it is time to show your tresses some love.
Unless you maintain a consistent hair care routine, your methods might not work. Dandruff causes hair loss, balding, dryness, and brittle hair texture. It can harm your hair hygiene in many ways. Curing dandruff becomes easier when you know your skin type and its suitability. This gives you leverage to fight selective but significant battles.
Natural hair care products are on the rise these days. Mamaearth’s Tea Tree hair care range is one brilliant example to describe it. It has effective ingredients like Tea Tree and Ginger that free your tresses from infections, itchiness, and irritation. It shows the best results for all haircare regimens when used with diligence. The best part about these products is they are toxin-free.
Your hair is your responsibility. Our hectic lifestyles can take a toll on our inner peace and health, and it starts showing by having flakes falling off your scalp. You should eat a balanced diet, stay hydrated, exercise regularly, and stay stress-free to ensure healthy hair in no time!
- Which is the best anti-dandruff shampoo?
The best anti-dandruff shampoo can be the one that ensures effective cleansing of the scalp. It must have oil-control properties and prevent infections on the scalp. It should cleanse the scalp of dust, grime, and pollutants, along with skin flakes. It is also advisable to opt for a shampoo that features safe, gentle, natural, and toxin-free ingredients.
For example, you may opt for Mamaearth Tea Tree Shampoo. Enriched with tea tree oil and ginger oil, it meets all the criteria mentioned above and is the best anti-dandruff shampoo we have.
- How toc use an anti-dandruff shampoo?
First, gently massage the shampoo on wet hair and scalp with fingertips to work into a lather. Then, rinse thoroughly, and follow it with a hair conditioner. You may also use a hair mask afterward.