There is a high chance that you cleanse your facial skin each night, but still, you witness makeup stains on the towel. That is because that makeup has not left your face, even after rinsing your face with water and an effective facial cleanser. This doesn’t mean facial cleansers are not important for your skincare routine, but rather that your skin demands something else apart from a face wash. That star ingredient is Micellar Water. It is undoubtedly a unique skincare beauty ingredient as it is gentle, hydrating, and a perfect way to cleanse the skin.
Some people have shinier skin. The secret to their beauty is magical water, a solution to remove makeup and cleanse your face. This magical water has been considered a secret to French beauty care for ages, but now it has gone mainstream because of its benefits. For a long time, makeup artists, dermatologists, and beauty buffs were surprised and confused about the fact that led to such clean and beautiful facial skin. Now, it is gaining fame, and almost everyone is trying out this secret ingredient.
You might think many skincare products can be a perfect cleansing agent. Micellar cleansing water can save your facial skin without hurting it. It works as a toner, cleanser, and makeup remover but does not remove natural oils from the skin.
What is Micellar Water?
Micellar water is a multi-purpose liquid that cleanses and tones facial skin. It contains tiny micelles molecules that help remove the build-up of excess oil, makeup, dirt, and grime attached to the skin. In addition, this water is extremely gentle on the skin and creates a barrier over the skin that can protect the skin.
You may not know that this magical water was developed in Paris. It became famous in the French capital because the tap water in the city was harsh on the skin and caused breakouts. The magical micellar water enabled people to achieve cleansed and glowing skin without using the water.
Backed by hydrophilic and hydrophobic qualities, the micelles can trap and dissolve dirt, impurities, and makeup. It also makes it easy to remove them with few wipes and without much rinsing required. It contains purified water and hydrating ingredients such as glycerine, which moisturizes the skin, making it soft and smooth.
Why is Micellar Water Beneficial for Sensitive Skin?
The transparent-colored water is quite beneficial for sensitive skin. Loaded with billions of molecules with oil-loving tails and love water, which attacks the unwanted build-up. The micelle molecule surrounds the build-up and binds to it so the duo can be washed off.
It cleanses the skin without leaving any greasy feeling on the skin. This micelle cluster attracts the build-up and traps excess oil & dirt, makeup residue, and smoke into the cluster, which are then easily removed from the skin. It does it all without interacting with the skin barrier, which may irritate your skin.
Benefits of the Micellar Water
Micellar water has many nourishing benefits that improve skin health by initiating a cleansing and hydrating action. Here are some of the benefits that it offers:
- Purifies the skin: Transparent water is a perfect facial skin cleanser that cleans your skin without causing irritation and dryness. Unlike traditional cleansers that stripe away the skin’s natural oils, it removes dirt and excess oil without harming your skin’s protective barrier.
- Gently removes makeup from the face: As a facial cleanser alone cannot remove the whole makeup at once, micellar water is a perfect solution if you want to remove the load of heavy makeup on the skin. Micellar water-based cleansers are lightweight and refreshing and dissolve the makeup on the face and eyes, which then easily gets removed with just a few swipes.
A surprising fact:Studies have proved that Micellar water is an effective remedy that helps get rid of 99% makeup traces without rinsing.
- Instantly moisturizes your skin: Loaded with the goodness of hydrating compounds such as glycerine, this transparent water helps the skin to retain moisture effectively. Glycerine is quite effective in giving your skin a hydration boost as it attracts moisture from the air and keeps the skin moisturized.
It enhances the skin’s natural barrier function and offers the ability to heal wounds, and calms irritated and inflamed skin. Remember that it does not contain alcohol that dries out the skin cells.
- Fades acne and acne scars: Continuous environmental exposure weighs an unnecessary load on the skin, which results in excess sebum production. The clogged skin leads to acne breakouts and other signs of inflammation.
Regularly cleansing your facial skin with micellar water helps prevent acne by keeping the skin clean and free from all impurities. That does not mean you’ve to drop your mild face wash. You can use it with micellar water too.
- A perfect cleanser for your makeup brushes, too: As the water is quite effective in removing the makeup particles from your skin, it also works perfectly for cleansing your makeup brushes.
- Easy to carry and use: The powerful cleansing product can be your perfect travel partner as it comes in packaging that can be fitted anywhere. Also, its package may feature an exfoliating brush that helps to de-clog the skin.
While you may wish to get one for yourself, we advise you to pick a brand that makes these products with natural ingredients, as they are safe and beneficial. For example, Mamaearth offers Micellar Water Foaming Makeup Remover, enriched with Rose Water and Glycolic Acid. It gently removes the makeup quickly and moisturizes the skin.
How to use Micellar Water in your daily Skin Care Routine?
Isn’t it amazing that one product can do so much for your skin if used daily? It offers many benefits for people with different skin types and textures and even different lifestyles.
Here are some simple ways in which you can make use of micellar water effectively.
- As a face cleanser: Dermatologists recommend that a double-cleansing regimen is essential to get healthy and happy skin. You should use it once in the morning and once in the evening to eliminate environmental toxins and makeup particles. Micellar water is a perfect face cleanser as it dissolves irritants and cleanses the skin.
- Tone it with transparent water: The transparent water can be used as toner also. It is loaded with hydrating ingredients, calming skin inflammations, and moisturizing the skin.
- A rejuvenating boost: Ever felt that heaviness on your skin during the day and rushed to the washroom for a splash of water? If you have applied too much makeup on your skin, it is quite evident that you may feel heavy. This is where micellar water comes in handy.
Dab a dipped cotton ball in micellar water on your face wherever you feel heavy. Not only will it refresh or hydrate your skin, but it will also remove the excess makeup from your skin.
- Use it as a hand sanitizer: If you have sensitive skin, it can also play a perfect role in sanitizing your hands. Micellar water is a mild liquid cleanser that removes dirt and makeup from your skin without causing any irritation. In addition, it does not contain alcohol or any skin-irritating chemicals.
- Post-workout cleanser: Washing your face after a workout with a face cleanser is a great idea, but it is not enough. As the sweat released during the exercise settles on the skin, it attracts dust and impurities, clogging your skin pores. Using micellar water can help remove all the sweat quickly and in a hassle-free manner.
Micellar Water or Cleansing Balm: Which is better?
Micellar water is probably the easiest, fuss-free, and gentle method that helps to remove the makeup and oil build-up. It is a formulation that does not require emulsification and sweeps out the unwanted particles from the skin, leaving it cleaner and free from irritants.
Whereas cleansing balms are in the form of cleansing oils in a solid state. There are a variety of textures of a cleansing balm, such as wax, solid, butter, or creams. They melt down in the skin and break down the waterproof makeup, removers, and excess oil build-up.
Usually, they come with a spatula for hygiene purposes, which helps avoid bacteria. Next, you must spread and massage the balm over your face. We also recommend that you keep in mind the following points:
- If you want to remove very heavy makeup, opt for cleansing balms, whereas the micellar water assists in removing light makeup.
- Using Micellar water to remove heavy makeup will involve much rubbing and tugging.
- But, if cleansing balms are not washed well, they can clog your pores.
- Cleansing balms are more expensive than micellar water, as they work by breaking down complex makeup formulas. Micellar water is the perfect cleanser for those who apply light to medium makeup.
Note:Remember to use a mild facial cleanser even after using micellar water or cleansing balm.
Building a Daily Skincare Routine
Irrespective of your skin type, if you want healthy and bright skin, you can easily achieve it by maintaining your skin health by adopting a healthy skincare routine and natural skincare products.
Step 1: Cleansing: This is the first and most essential step to help you get rid of all the dirt and excess oil build-up from the face. You may practice twice a day to maintain healthy skin. To remove makeup, we advise you to opt for the best micellar water. After removing makeup, wash your face with a safe and natural face wash.
Pick a mild, natural face wash such as Mamaearth Ubtan Face Wash. Loaded with the goodness of Turmeric and Saffron, it helps remove tan, repair sun damage, and brighten the skin.
Step 2: Scrubbing: While scrubbing not only limits the body, practicing facial scrubbing with natural and safe face scrub will help you rejuvenate your facial skin. Choose Mamaearth Charcoal Face Scrub if you have oily skin, as it gently removes unnecessary build-up and removes dead skin.
Step 3: Evening out: A safe skincare routine is not complete without pampering your face with a hydrating face mask. Along with cleansing the skin, it delivers essential nutrients to the skin and fades any signs of aging. We recommend you choose Mamaearth Ubtan Bamboo Sheet Mask, which effectively hydrates the skin, gives a glow, and evens out the skin. The goodness of Turmeric and Saffron backs it.
Step 4: Toning: A face toner helps remove toxins from the skin’s deep layers, delivers nutrients, and tightens the skin. Also, it balances the skin’s pH levels.
Step 5: Hydrating: A regular dose of moisturization keeps the skin healthy, supple, soft, and glowing. It delivers essential nutrients to the skin. Picking a natural, hydrating, and oil-free face moisturizer such as Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Face Moisturizer helps with non-sticky moisturization and restores radiance.
Switching to a gentle alternative for sensitive facial skin can be another perfect way to make it healthy. Micellar water is an all-rounder product that cleanses, promotes hydration, and offers many nourishing benefits. Adding it to the skincare routine could be a safe and healthy option as it is a chemical-free option, which would not cause any harm to you.
- What does micellar water do?
Micellar water is a cleanser that attracts dirt and oils, lifting them off the skin. It can also contain hydrating ingredients, making it a gentle alternative to harsh cleansers or face scrubs.
- When to use micellar water?
Micellar water can be used in any daily cleansing routine. It should be used at night while cleansing the skin for effective results. It will help eliminate the unnecessary build-up of oils, makeup, and dirt. It will also hydrate your skin.
- How to double cleanse with micellar water?
You can double-cleanse with micellar water by removing everything on the skin with micellar water. Then, wash your face with a hydrating face wash to remove any impurities left on the skin.
- Is micellar water good for your skin?
Yes. Micellar water is not only gentle but also highly effective at removing dirt, makeup, and oil to help clear out your pores while toning the skin. Plus, it is free of alcohol and may help promote skin hydration while reducing irritation and inflammation, keeping your skin soft, supple, and smooth.
- Can I use micellar water every day?
Yes, you can use Micellar Water to remove pollutants and makeup particles from your face.