When it comes to hair loss, most of us are fighting a battle others may not know much about. In today’s time, dealing with it often seems inevitable for many of us. Blame it on diet, lifestyle, genetics, or work-related stress- we can’t escape the negatives. Losing a lot of hair every day can be overwhelming, and the only rescue that fetches results is anti-hair fall shampoo.
Hair care experts suggest that losing around 50-100 strands daily is normal, so it should be okay to lose about 36,500 hair annually. But for an unassuming person, that’s quite an awful amount of hair to lose. This number might increase over time to make matters worse. So, you should first address the causes of hair loss or hair fall.
How to Shortlist the Best Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo as per your Hair Type?
With an array of choices available on the market, it is easy to get swayed by the options. Before picking the right hair product for your concern, be considerate of a couple of things. First things first, not every baby shampoo can help you with your concerns. Hair type, scalp type, concerns, and the pH level of the shampoo can affect your choice of options. This amla and bhringraj shampoo prevents hairfall and promotes hair growth.
Hair care experts recommend keeping in mind the following pointers-
- Get to know your scalp
Knowing your scalp type before picking up best shampoo for hair concern is essential. The job of hair shampoo is to help clean the scalp by removing oils, dirt, and product build-up. But not all shampoos are formulated for every scalp type.
So if your scalp environment is healthy, hair fall won’t be a concern for you. But if your scalp is itchy or oily, you should opt for a deep cleansing shampoo. Similarly, hydrating and nourishing ingredients work best for a dry scalp.
- Get to know your hair type
If you have unruly hair, then probably your hair care regimen is to blame. Everyone has a unique hair texture, so it’s important to curate a hair care regimen that meets their haircare needs. Without this, no matter how good your shampoo is, it won’t work if it is not meant for your hair.
- Dry hair: If you have dry or lifeless hair, your focus should be on adding requisite moisture to them. Dry hair becomes more brittle and prone to breakage as they easily get tangled. So you should use gentle, creamy, nourishing shampoos in your hair care regimen to reduce frizz. Don’t forget to follow up with a deeply-moisturizing hair conditioner. For dry scalp, this apple cider shampoo does perfect job by providing nourishment and still cleans hair properly.
- Oily hair: Oily hair is a result of excess sebum on the scalp. So you might be tempted to wash it often to give it shine and eliminate greasiness. We recommend using a product that keeps your hair between excessive oiliness and dryness.
You should avoid hydrating and creamy textured hair cleansers because they often make the hair greasy, and prone to falling. If you use a harsh shampoo, it might completely dry out the hair cells and open up the cuticles. This may again cause frequent and excessive hair fall.
- Curly hair: Coarse or curly hair can’t be treated like other hair types. Hair care experts suggest using cleansers enriched with protein to ensure deep conditioning. Curly hair gets worse in high humidity, so one should opt for deep-moisturizing shampoo to avoid dryness and frizz. One should also use a hair mask and conditioner for the best results.
- Ingredients to Avoid
One of the trickiest things while shortlisting the best anti-hair fall shampoos is the choice of ingredients. Several ingredients can be harmful to the hair and contribute to hair thinning. So, we recommend you stay away from products that contain the following ingredients:
- Alcohol: High alcohol percentage in shampoo can damage hair. Alcohol dries out hair, disrupts the scalp’s pH, and strips away the natural oil from the hair.
- Mineral Oil and Petroleum: These are classified as lubricants that may weigh down your hair. They are often worse for people with oily hair.
- Sulfates: SLS acts like a detergent as their foaming properties make more foamy lather. But the downside to using them is that they can make your hair thin, dry, and frizzy. It is because they remove both toxins and natural oils from the scalp.
- Sodium Chloride: Sodium chloride, or what we also call table salt in layman’s language, is used to add thickness to the cleansers. It may harm your hair’s texture by drying out your hair and causing eye irritation. Its higher concentration can also cause hair loss.
- Formaldehyde: Known to improve the shelf-life of shampoos, this chemical can cause allergic reactions on the scalp and rashes too. It is also a variant of alcohol-based additives and offers similar disadvantages.
- Artificial Fragrances and Colors: It’s common to look for fragrances in the shampoo, but they can be equally harmful to your precious locks. Better switch to natural fragrances and colors to keep up with the health of your hair.
- Look for enriching agents
If you are seeking the best anti-hair fall shampoo for men or women, you should look for the ingredients listed on the label. Plant-based ingredients such as onion seed oil, black seed oil, wheat proteins, etc., deliver the right nutrients to the scalp. They can help revamp the strands’ quality and are categorized as highly effective in treating hair fall.
- Natural ingredients work the best
There’s nothing better than a healthy touch for your hair, especially if you have chronic hair loss. Always go for sulfate and paraben-free formulation to nourish your scalp health and manage dull and tangled hair in the long run. Our almond shampoo made of natural ingredients, keeps scalp healthy and hair strong.
- To foam or not foam
It’s a myth that the amount of lather in your shampoo has to do anything with its quality. The less the lather, the better because it means that the molecules of the shampoo will absorb more dust particles.
Some proven hair care tips to reduce hair fall
Here is a haircare routine you can follow to stop hair fall.
- Give yourself a head massage
There’s a reason ‘champis’ are always suggested to revamp your hair. They deliver all the essential nutrients to your scalp, calm it, and stimulate the dormant follicles back to work. Thus, in a way, it fosters new hair growth and restricts intense hair fall. It is advisable to use safe and gentle hair oils like castor oil, coconut oil, and almond oil because they have more nutritional value. Be sure to massage your scalp and keep it overnight thoroughly. You may always rinse it the next morning with a sulfate-free shampoo. After all the massage try to use happy heads shampoo and get the magical experience with it.
- Cleanse your scalp
Cleansing your scalp of dust, grime, and other build-ups is necessary, and so is knowing how often you should wash your hair. According to Ayurveda, cleansing your scalp every day may disrupt the scalp’s microbiome. It may make the hair drier and home to bacteria and fungi, which may cause inflammation and other scalp issues. So you should only wash your hair if it feels weighed down due to dust, product build-up, etc. But if you have naturally dry hair, you can limit hair cleansing to once a week. Our argan oil shampoo and conditioner keeps the cleansing fun and perfect for every hair type.
- Use anti-hair fall shampoo
Use anti-dandruff and anti-hair fall shampoos to target dandruff and hair fall, respectively. We know you know this, but we often ignore formulations dedicated to specific concerns and keep using the same products. Conditioning your hair is equally important to make your hair look healthy and less frizzy. They also prevent necessary breakage due to moisture loss or dryness. You can also use an anti-hair fall hair mask to infuse moisture and essential oils into your hair and scalp. The best ones are enriched with natural ingredients, as they won’t harm already damaged hair. So, we recommend using an anti-hair fair combo kit to target excessive hair fall. Our anti dandruff shampoo for women and men are perfectly gentle for all hair types.
- Mistakes you should avoid
While hair cleansing is not rocket science, there are some don’ts you should keep in mind during hair washing. If you think your hair wash regimen is not helping your hair, ensure you are not making these mistakes-
- Washing your hair with hot water.
- Rigorously massaging the scalp.
- Not diluting the shampoo before applying it on the scalp.
- Always lathering at the same spot, i.e., the top of the scalp.
- Not using enough water to rinse off your scalp might lead to product build-up.
- Using way too many products than required.
Start your hair care routine with our best-selling products!
You may try our Onion Shampoo. As one of our bestselling hair care products, it features only natural and non-toxic ingredients. This new, improved formula deeply cleanses and provides 22% more foam without sulfate. It adds strength to the hair with up to eight times more detangling action and four times more conditioning effect.
Onion is rich in sulfur, antioxidants, and potassium, accelerating hair growth, reducing frizz, and quelling hair fall. It also features Plant Keratin, which revamps hair’s natural structure, giving you stronger and healthier tresses. The goodness of Soy Amino Acids and Wheat Amino Acids improves the tensile strength of hair fibers and increases their elasticity. Targeting your hair care goals, our onion shampoo gives you stronger, smoother, and cleaner hair with every wash.
Keeping in mind your hair concern, we have also crafted an Anti-Hair Fall Kit powered with the goodness of onion. It features Onion Oil, Onion Conditioner, and Onion Hair Serum for root-to-tip nourishment of your hair. Devoid of any harmful chemicals and toxins, this kit is safe for colored and chemically treated hair. Try this shampoo and conditioner combo for healthy hair.
There could be many potential reasons for hair fall, so we suggest you see a dermatologist to rule out the exact cause behind it. Occasionally losing some strands of hair is quite normal, as it may also point that your hair is in the resting or telogen phase. However, if this has been happening for a long time, you may need to change your hair care habits.
At Mamaearth, you can explore our sulfate-free best hair fall shampoo range for women and men. They help stimulate hair growth, boost blood circulation, and fend off hair loss. You can also opt for our Onion Hair Growth Oil to enrich your regular and best hair oil and give your scalp much-needed nutrients.
- Which is the best shampoo for hair fall?
Onion shampoo works the best when it comes to hair fall treatment. Onions are rich in sulfur which has the potential to stimulate hair follicles and thereby encourage new hair growth in men and women. It makes sense to opt for a hair shampoo that features onions as its main ingredient, and does not contain harmful chemicals.
- Are anti-hair fall shampoos good?
Yes. The anti-hair fall shampoos are formulated using ingredients known to treat scalp issues. If your scalp environment is healthy, hair tends to break very less. But, at the same time, you should also pay attention to the factor causing your hair to fall. It could be due to a vitamin deficiency or hormonal imbalance, so we suggest you check with a doctor first.
- Can I use anti-hair fall shampoo daily?
Shampooing too often strips away the natural sebum of the scalp. Sebum protects your hair against moisture loss, and washing it away can lead to dry or rough hair prone to excessive breakage. Since anti-hair fall shampoo works to clean dirt from the scalp, you should use it only when your hair turns out oily.