Pimples are like unwanted guests visiting you unannounced and not leaving until you do something about it. They might appear before your special occasion, leaving pesky scars or marks. But does anyone know? Why pimples occur on face out of nowhere? Although common, these nasty facial bumps can be hard to deal with.
Acne is a skincare concern that affects the skin and the person’s self-esteem, especially when it comes to a teenager. You want to hang out with your friends and get your pictures clicked, but those pop-ups never let you get a picture-perfect look. Instead, acne leaves behind marks that make your skin look swollen and inflamed.
There are many useful activities that you can do to achieve picture-perfect skin. Adopting an anti-acne skincare routine seems to be the one out of the many. We’ve seen a drastic decrease in the demand for chemical-laden products as they harm the skin aggressively. Instead, people are tapping toward natural skin care products because they are safe and gentle, especially when used for long durations.
One such healthy and natural ingredient that we can use to treat acne is Tea Tree Oil. It helps control the pimple marks on the face and improves the skin’s radiance. Known for its medicinal properties, it is one of the blessings of nature as it suits every skin.
We’ll discuss the benefits of tea tree oil for pimples and their effectiveness at treating pimples. We’ll also help you create a tea-tree-oil-based skincare routine and share some tips that will help keep acne at bay.
Worried about acne and pimples? Try our Tea Tree Face wash– it also features Neem and Aloe Vera that help drive excess oil and bacterial infection out!
What are Pimples?
Pimples occur when skin pores become clogged with dead skin cells, excess sebum, and environmental pollutants. Due to clogged pores, various types of pimples are formed, such as blackheads, whiteheads, acne, and papules. You may get pimples on the face and arms if you mostly remain exposed to environmental pollutants and don’t scrub your skin well.
People with oily and sensitive skin types are prone to acne and pimples faster than others. However, no one is immune to these minor but nasty skin blemishes. The best way to avoid them is to maintain proper hygiene, eat a balanced diet, sleep six hours every night, and stay away from stress. Opting for safe and gentle skin care products also heals a great deal.
Why Pimples Occur on Face?
A wide variety of factors could lead to skin breakouts. However, one of the primary reasons for sudden pimples on the face is the overproduction of sebum. So now, let’s look at other factors that lead to sudden skin breakouts.
1. You’re not following the PM cleansing regime: Even in between your daily hustle, we recommend following your AM and PM routine. However, skipping your PM routine means allowing pores to get clogged with grime, makeup residue, and oil. As a result, acne appears frequently on the skin that is not cleansed regularly.
2. Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors, such as stress, lack of sleep, unhealthy diet, and alcohol or cigarette consumption, can lead to the formation of pimples and scars. In addition, these factors encourage oil glands to produce excess oil, thus clogging the skin pores.
3. Protective masks do not suit your skin: The COVID-19 pandemic has encouraged us to stay safe and wear face masks. The frequent development of pimples on your chin or cheeks could also result from wearing the same mask daily. The impurities and humidity get trapped under the mask and mixed with sweat and sebum, making skin prone to pimples.
4. You are over-exfoliating your skin: Daily exfoliation can be very problematic for your skin. It can disrupt the skin’s protective barrier and the pH level. That way, you’re inviting more problems for your skin by scrubbing those breakouts. This will not prevent the occurrence of pimples on the face but will rather trigger new ones.
5. Stay away from chemically enriched cosmetic products: Some poor-quality products loaded with harmful chemicals are one of the many reasons that lead to blackheads, whiteheads, acne, and pimples. It is always safe and better to opt for toxin-free skincare products to treat skincare issues.
We advise picking toxin-free, natural, and dermatologically-tested products, such as Mamaearth Tea Tree Facewash. It is made with the goodness of Tea Tree Oil, Neem, and Aloe Vera. It keeps your facial skin clean, reducing and preventing the onsets of acne and pimples. Also, it helps manage excess oil on the skin.
6. Not maintaining proper skin hygiene: Avoiding a bath after a sweaty workout might result in unwanted acne and skin breakouts. The skin pores get clogged with sweat, dirt, and bacteria after heavy workouts in the gym. The longer you avoid staying in those sweaty clothes, the higher the chances of bacterial infections on the skin.
7. New places can wreck your skin: Traveling to a new country abroad or a new city? You might notice some changes in your skin due to environmental changes. For example, your skin may look dull, tanned, and uneven due to acne or scars.
What is Tea tree oil? How does it Help Treat Pimples?
Derived from the tea tree shrubs of a plant called Myrtaceae, this essential oil has gained immense popularity worldwide for its medicinal value. The oil is derived during the steam distillation of fresh leaves and wood. It is pale-colored and exhibits a fresh camphor-like smell.
When treating pimples, it effectively controls and regulates the activity of sebaceous glands, making your skin produce less oil. Applying tea tree oil to the skin assists in preventing and treating acne-causing bacteria. In addition, it leaves the skin moisturized and is deemed an effective solution for treating acne scars.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Skin
Apart from treating the occurrence of pimples on the face, tea tree oil can benefit the skin in numerous ways. It is infused with anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-parasitic properties, helping with various skin concerns. So, let’s dig a little into the advantages of tea tree oil for your skin.
1. Promotes naturally glowing skin: Rich in essential antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, tea tree oil makes the skin healthy, treats acne, and provides moisturization. In addition, it imparts a natural glow to the skin and makes it soft.
You can also opt for products backed by the goodness of Tea tree oil, such as our Tea Tree Face Serum. It helps with the prevention as well as treatment of acne breakouts and inhibits excess sebum production.
2. Fights skin infections: If you’re suffering from any skin infection, be it psoriasis, eczema, herpes, or athlete’s foot, tea tree oil is the best solution. It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help heal your skin from these skincare concerns.
In addition, using this essential oil along with some carrier oil will help calm skin inflammations and itchy pimples on the face.
3. Heals wounds: Tea tree oil is widely known for minor healing wounds, cuts, and burns. It has effective properties that boost the healing process and protects the wound from becoming a breeding ground for other infections.
You can try our Tea Tree Body Wash for healthy, rejuvenated skin. It is loaded with the goodness of Tea Tree and Neem, which helps detoxify the skin and treats skin infections. In addition, it helps get rid of bacteria that may harm your skin and effectively moisturizes the epidermis layer.
4. Reduces and prevents the occurrence of acne: Applying tea tree oil for acne is one of the best and safest solutions as it contains benzoyl peroxide. It penetrates deep into the skin, helping the skin get rid of harmful toxins. It also controls the activity of sebum glands and lightens the scars.
Did you know? Tea tree oil contains an active ingredient called Terpinen-4-ol, which destroys acne-causing bacteria and cleans up the local skin.
A guide on different types of skin breakouts
Different locations of the breakouts on your face indicate something about your acne type. It can be hereditary or just a routine breakout that will fade off in some time. Let’s check out what every pimple on the face indicates:
- Pimple on the forehead: Pimples can appear on your forehead due to several lifestyle factors, poor hygiene, usage of harsh hair products, and changes in hormones.
- Between the eyebrows: The occurrence of pimples on the eyebrows or between the eyebrows indicates ill health of your liver, likely due to fatty liver.
- On cheeks: The pimples on the face indicate that you’re either undergoing hormonal changes or using products that seem to trap the pores.
- T-Zone: Several blackheads & whiteheads appear anywhere on the forehead, nose, and chin due to congested pores and sebum overproduction.
Tips and Tricks for Preventing and Treating Acne
Isn’t tea tree beneficial for achieving clean, smooth skin? You can use tea tree oil instantly or mix it with several carrier oils. Or else, you can even get skincare products formulated with tea tree oil.
1. Keep your skin clean: It unclogs skin pores by removing excess oil, dirt, and sweat. You can pick a natural face wash, such as our Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash. It is enriched with Tea Tree Oil and Salicylic Acid. It gently removes excess oil from the skin, cleanses it, and effectively fights acne.
2. Identify your skin type: Knowing your skin type will help you determine which type of products to choose or avoid for your skin. For example, acne or several types of pimples on the face appear due to continuous harm done by manufactured products.
3. Never leave your skin dry: Your skin may produce excess sebum to balance out dryness resulting in clogged pores and pimples on the face. We recommend applying tea tree oil-enriched face moisturizer, which is also non-comedogenic.
4. Apply over-the-counter treatments: If you’re looking for a natural treatment to treat pimples spot on the face, we advise you to opt for Mamaearth Tea Tree Spot Gel Face Cream. This face cream contains the goodness of Tea Tree and Salicylic Acid, helping reduce active pimple spots on the face.
5. Avoid wearing makeup products: If your skin suffers from serious breakouts, you may avoid using makeup until it is healed. But, if you still want to wear makeup, wash it off at the end of the day. Also, remember to pick makeup that is non-comedogenic and made with gentle ingredients.
6. Avoid picking or popping pimples on the face: Touching, squeezing, or popping acne seems tempting, but this will leave you with more acne on your face. Bacterial infections spread quickly on the skin when you touch acne. So avoid touching your face when your skin is oily or acne-prone.
7. Refrain from over-exfoliation: Avoid picking chemically-laden facial scrubs. Instead, choose a mild face scrub, such as Mamaearth Tea Tree Face Scrub. Safe for all skin types, it helps unclog pores and eliminate impurities.
8. Supply your facial skin with essential nutrients: Nourishing face masks boost skin hydration and assist in decreasing the appearance of acne & pimples. They help regulate the sebum gland’s activity, leaving your skin deeply cleansed and healthy. To get the best results, gently massage your skin in a circular motion before cleansing your face.
9. Calm your skin with aloe vera gel: To soothe skin inflammation, gently apply a hydrating and soothing face gel, such as Aloe Vera Gel. Its cooling properties help decrease the burning sensation or inflammation around the acne. In addition, its calming effects work on the irritated skin barrier and help reduce the scar.
10. Use a nourishing toner: A facial toner helps balance your skin’s pH. It also helps remove impurities rooted in the skin layers and gives you a natural radiant glow. So, always use a face toner after every wash and layer it with a nourishing moisturizer.
Tea tree oil is a one-stop solution for acne or pimple-prone skin. When treating pimples on the face naturally, we recommend understanding the underlying cause so that you can look for a better treatment plan. You may use tea tree oil-enriched products to achieve healthy and spotless skin.
We are Asia’s 1st MadeSafe-certified brand, with a product range formulated to help you achieve your skincare goals. Our skincare products are dermatologically tested and best suit all skin types. From face cleansers and toners to facial scrubs and sheet masks, we have everything you need to amp up your skincare routine.
- Q2. Does stress cause pimples?
Stress isn’t directly responsible for causing acne. However, it contributes to and worsens the situation if you’re already suffering from acne or pimples.
- Q3. Does lack of sleep cause pimples?
Yes. Lack of sleep leads to the occurrence of pimples on the face.
|Popular Search Terms|
what is concealer, What are stretch marks, Must have makeup products, how to detan skin, clean teeth, how to remove tan from hands and legs, how to get rid of dry skin, how to remove wrinkles under eyes,neem oil benefits, waterproof makeup, is glycerin good for your skin, dark patches on skin,which face wash is best for oily skin, how to use concealer, rosemary oil for hair, best scrub for glowing skin, how to get glowing skin naturally, how to remove sun tan from hands, how to use shower gel, best compact powder, what causes dark circles, how to reverse gray hair naturally, what is salicylic acid